Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for May an Anaconda Pilot, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Basically just a colour test for the rest of the TAG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Bit of a quiet month oath-wise, as I had a long-term project to work on for another comp.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath five different versions of Hellboy for June (all from Mantic's board game)

That's regular, horned, luchador, pancake hellboys, plus the bust.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Phoning it in a bit this month, and didn't have time to muck around with lighting - and the models came out a bit too glossy.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath three Temple of Ro-kan Monks, from Bushido by GCT Studios

(Somewhat belatedly)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Phoning it in a little this month; turns out huge personal changes are hell on painting motivation. But still claiming Feel The Heat for the middle monk.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for August one Reaver Titan (plus weapons) from Adeptus Titanicus

Bought back at the start of lockdown; finally getting round to putting paint on them.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I strongly suspect my oath will be failed this month (unless I cut some corners, which, well, isn't my thing) :-( Too much on my plate in terms of stuff happening this month to get a good painting cadence until this last week. Will just have to be a Rescue Ranger (only just noticed Save Da Whales is gone :-( ) next month :-P

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For September, I, LazyAngel, somewhat belatedly oath one Chasseur, from Infinity

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Slightly more effort to the pictures this month.

WIP pics for the challenge;

Also claiming Rescue Ranger because the titan from last month got finished, weapon selections and all!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath of October One Strix Knight from The Deck of Many.
28mm-ish, but very brave.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition! Three (pointlessly oversized) status from Super Fantasy Brawl by Mythic.

"Oh! I'll knock these out in no time", she said. "Maybe I should try a marble effect" - famous last words.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Much more productive than previous months. The Knight was some of the most fun I've had painting this year;

Claiming Under the Weather for the weathering on the statues;

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

I really appreciated the WIP pics, and the bright/drab color scheme is delightfully subtle, but the level of skill required to pull off that sky-ground chrome effect on the mirrorshades puts this one over the top.

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: LazyAngel

Thanks! Was fun to paint in a kind of 'sit down and just slap paint on', unplanned kind of way. I will admit the mirrorshades weren't that hard - they're pretty big compared to the rest of the model - but I'm glad they came through given the terrible photo quality :-P

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For November, I, LazyAngel, oath Akhet from Super Fantasy Brawl
35mm in theory, but he's a big lad.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Failed I'm afraid - November has just been too stressful for proper creativity and although my painting has picked up a bit, I'm not going to get Akhet finished in 48 hours. At least, not in a way I'm happy with :-P

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath one Pinking from Greebo Games. Roughly 28mm scale

Hopefully will help me get back into the swing of things.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
For the first time in an age. Fun to paint though, which helps.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For February, I, LazyAngel, being somewhat intent on getting some kind of tempo back, oath the Dread Pageant warband from Direchasm, by GW

And I fully intend to make them fabulous.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: LazyAngel

Thanks! Was hugely fun to paint, even if my large-area NMM is very much a work in progress.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

February is over

Onwards to

Arse... forgot that it's GMT-11 at this time of the year, and still waiting for pics to upload.

Oath Complete!
Albeit slightly late.

Claiming Wrap Up Warm for the furs on the leader, although the rest of them are decidedly underdressed.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 1, 2021

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath Eric the Squire, from Moonstone
Taking things slow this month. Which inevitably means I'll end up going in deep and finish this over the weekend or something. My painting speed obeys the inverse Law of Ninjas, evidently.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
One Chicken Druid, from the Heroes of Humblewood box (35mm-ish).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
And post is on time this time! Much better painting month, although no freehand for me this time. Unfortunately couldn't find my second daylight lamp, so relying on sunlight for one side for photography...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, having discovered a (misplaced) sense of confidence again, oath both Friar Flavious and the Vicious Midget for April, both from Moonstone

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

Blends. The blends are just *chefkiss* on these folks. You've also chosen a color scheme based heavily around secondary color pairings, which contrast vividly with each other and set themselves apart from your backdrop. The contrasts and linework are also bold and really bring out the details, but all those smooth gradients carry the day here.

Thanks! Got way too stressed over the NMM, but I’m glad the care I took paid off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!