Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath a GW Sisters of Battle Eleanor for May

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

Reaper griffon with a frankly ludicrous wingspan. I swear this thing seems to tilt more every time I look at it, may have to drill a pin into it's leg if it gets any worse...

You might want to do that, I have one and he will steadily keel over all the time. I tried to bend it into a more stable shape but it didn't work. I haven't done anything about it because he's just propped on my shelf, but otherwise a pin is probably needed.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I really need to get off my rear end and figure out a proper lightbox of photobooth.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath two reaper halflings for June

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

Claiming Hello, me - I've painted these to show that our stout friend has a less-than-successful adventure. Instead of There And Back Again, looks like it will just be There and Still There Forever. :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath one GW Sister of Battle with flamer for July

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete

I was going to model some fire coming out the flamer, but it was much harder than expected and I couldn't get something that looked like I wanted within the deadline so here were go

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Adepta Sororitas Retributors for July

Plus an additional weapon to be used as a swappable option.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

Two Retributors finished, as well as a swappable weapon for one of them (currently sporting the Heavy Bolter). The exchange process is kind of finicky, so probably a good thing I don't play much at all either!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 2 GW Adepta Sororitas Retributos for September

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I almost forgot this was the last day of the month, phew. Also, I am so terrible at this WIP challenge. Every year I mean to do it, take two pictures of my start, then completely blank on anything until I'm done. Oh well.

lovely pictures because I ended up taking them ten minutes ago! Maybe I'll get better ones for the painting thread.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 Reaper miniature Bones Frost Giant Warrior for October

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

My job is absolutely kicking my rear end this month, I haven't put brush to miniature yet. Really hoping I can pull out some sort of miracle, but this might be the month I fail. :( Really glad to see other people pulling through though, it's motivation to try and figure out the time!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Well, last month I was not able to finish my oath and bombed hard due to work. But, I did manage to get it [i]started[i/i], so this month I am going for Rescue Ranger and going to get it done!

I, Ashcans, oath that I'll complete my Reaper Frost Giant warrior

Updated photo to show where I am starting from this month:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Well I wasn't destroyed by work this month so oath complete!

Really glad that I decided to stick with this because I'm very happy with how she came out. I might pick up more of Reaper's giant models, I am kind of appreciating the larger scale a lot.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, Oath 1 GW Ork with Squiglauncha and one ammo runt for December

These guys are part of the Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy, but my kids think they're hilarious so I have mangetized them to be able to run around separately as well. Not convinced I can paint the whole buggy in the holidays, so I'll just commit to these two.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

These guys are going to in the Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy, but I magnetized them to stand alone because they're kind of great characters alone. Also I got a lightbox, so my photos are marginally better while I learn to use it!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath these 8 Reaper Bones Gravestones for January!

These seem like good candidates for some monochrome work, and they're pretty simple so I can knock out 8 of them pretty easy.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

Nothing too complex here, but it was nice to knock these out and mark one more thing off my Bones list.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 Privateer Press Circle Ouroboros Feral Warpwolf for February

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

Finished my wolfdude. I am claiming wrap up warm for his fur.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this reaper Bones minstrel and dog

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Claiming freehand for the stripes and the dogs pattern.

I was stumped on what to do with this model for a while; I wanted to do something with the puffy sleeves/etc but wasn't really sure what. Then I noticed the size of the sword and went looking for some landsknecht inspiration. There's some real crazy stuff out there, but I ended up finding this piece that was a little more manageable. So I decided to paint my bard up as I might imagine a 'retired' Landsknecht, or one between campaigns, who still has most of their trappings but a more 'traveling' or casual look overall. I painted the dog roughly as a Jack Russel because I used to have one.

Sidenote - not at all sure why this model has a shield, her sword is obviously a two-hander and she doesn't have another sidearm so I'm not sure what the use case for the shield is. Maybe she's a very primitive Junkrat? Anyway I had fun with this even though yellow is still a pain in the rear end.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 28, 2021

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Necron Praetorian for April

Sorry about the photo, this was the best I could figure out to get the timezone in frame without the flash glaring it out, or the miniature turned to black mush without a flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

Sorry for the garbage photos, I finished this a couple days ago but forgot to photograph it until now. Whoops! Claiming the Time To Shine on account of, well, being a metal man.