Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

i thought we already had an old computer poo poo thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I like the fan just hanging there

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

also I got some new tables lately. Old console station, old computer stations. Will probably swap them and add a third System 7 station behind the couch.

behold
tech hoarding
and a weird content aware deletion of a postage box

SRQ fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 25, 2020

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

President Beep posted:

im the map of the world showing mu in its correct location

It's the Post War New World Map. It's a loving ride.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_the_Post-War_New_World_Map

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

yes obviously walls would be good but that's a lot of money and the parents I live with aren't willing to invest in it atm, I'm just happy they let me use the space.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

actually you sparked me to push my dad more into just buying the supplies so I can do it myself.
I understand it's a ton of labour, but it appears to be relatively easy "just be careful" labour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

i upgraded

(the extra fans are keeping a sw1000xg and a p166 pc compatibility card cool)

I find that the buzz of an HDD is core to the vintage experience for me.
also lol that ATX PSU must be at less than 20% usage, which is good. That thing will run forever.