Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

You may want to uh, pick up that arquebus. Its damage per shot looked a LOT higher than the revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah but it's not as cool :colbert: plus we're (as of after this play session) pivoting Grandma into more of a bomb chucker, with a knife on standby to conserve bombs. That way we can save up bullets and start fan firing nerds when we break into that stupid castle.

Also I dont remember where I left the arquebus and I dont wanna go back to the pyramid even if I did :frogdunce:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 19 - Possibly Snack

I was always really good at math until the question asked me to show my work because god drat I'm bad at explaining my thought process. I just think-brain and the numbers go all do it get the number

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It wasn't until just before you solved that I understood how the sections of that puzzle worked. I thought it was related to the left & right side of the passage.

The Moonblade that Circlmastr had is a better weapon - those two have roughly the same DPS but the moonblade is Dex-based and I think he has higher Dex. Plus there's the better accuracy bonus. Not that it matters all that much. It's always delightful that you don't have to hang on to your trash weapons to sell; you can just fling them across the room.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It feels very on brand for Dan to look over Grace's facemelting spell options, while still slowly dying of poison.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 20 - No Fun Zone

Very rarely will people be happy to find ancient pyramid bread, but we've already proven we're loving weirdos

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 21 - Mummy Begone

Dan got sent to rude baby jail for something I guess. the dumb baby.

so here's an episode of grimrock

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

"That feels rude but it is true."

Grace in a nutshell.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Unlimited Mummy Works is an extreme gently caress you move on the game's part if you're not expecting it. Though by that point you should have learned to expect something from every encounter, even if you're not clear on the details.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

it was a pretty interesting encounter! most of the fights seem to be about finding the best way to deal with a few enemies in some cramped corridors. having to deal with a million weak enemies in a wide open space makes for an interesting change of pace

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Its REALLY easy to get cornered during the Oops All Mummies stage, which is why I kept doing laps like I was playing Zone of the Enders :v: I also like (and didnt realize it before now) that the game automatically sets the time to be daylight, so you can properly see the enormity of the problem you just teleported into.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 22 - I Said Shrek-rear end

I genuinely want to burn down this dumbass hamlet

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 8, 2020

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Some pervert must have slipped in and changed "Episode 22" to "Episode 20" when you weren't looking, Dan.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whoops, fixed it :frogdunce:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

That was a great reward for getting through the puzzle floor.

Danaru posted:

I genuinely want to burn down this dumbass hamlet

Claudius posted:

I genuinely want to burn down this dumbass hamlet.

Hamlet's Father posted:

I genuinely want to burn down this dumbass, hamlet!

Ophelia posted:

I genuinely want to burn... down... this. Dumbass hamlet!

quote:

I genuinely want to burn. Down this, dumbass! --hamlet

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 23 - You Are Good At poo poo

This game is seriously gorgeous. Also this is the last episode we've got in our backlog and we haven't been able to record anything since mid july due to scheduling issues :shepface: We're working on it

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The mimics continue to be Dark Soul level trolling

It is glorious.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

pointlessone posted:

The mimics continue to be Dark Soul level trolling

It is glorious.

Not emptyquoting. Grimrock has some excellent mimics, and I love Dan's reaction to them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 24 - All Hecked Up

We're back! :toot:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Bloody hell, what's the trigger for all those spiders dropping on you?

I fell down a pit in grimrock 1 and landed on an ogre, one-shotting it. Then I flailed about and got killed repeatedly by that hall in floor 8 with the lightning that shoots down it periodically, I hate timing puzzles.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Crazy Achmed posted:

Bloody hell, what's the trigger for all those spiders dropping on you?

I fell down a pit in grimrock 1 and landed on an ogre, one-shotting it. Then I flailed about and got killed repeatedly by that hall in floor 8 with the lightning that shoots down it periodically, I hate timing puzzles.

I think it was picking up the shiny, late game gets REALLY rude about dropping a ton of dudes on you when you pick stuff up.

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 25 - Red Panda Has Seen It

This is why I keep saying Red Panda has seen it, and also Red Panda peep from the gap

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 26 - I Would Prefer If It Were Not Shrek

It owns finding out the people I've been passively genociding can feel sorrow :ohdear: We could have negotiated I didn't want to be an rear end in a top hat

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

To Shrek, or not to Shrek; that is the question.

(The Hamlet of Stormbreach, maybe?)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 27 - Katy Perry's Baby Babbor Fuchs

Well poo poo I was really spreading these thin hoping I could get a chance to get more of a backlog, but our schedules have been so poo poo that we managed to run out anyway :shepface: A lot of our time has been going towards Chimera Squad and even that we've had a tough time making time for.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Fireball has evolved into Fireballs.

Also god drat, I know it was a boss but watching "Special machinegun attack!" *2, 2, crit 13!, 2, 3, and 4! Wow, FOUR!* is pretty :sigh: for guns.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

More importantly, my god, Grace, how have you lived this long without having had falafel?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

So what does the meteor set do? I think this is the first set you've completed on video.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 28 - I Dan'd

We're back holy poo poo I'm so loving exhausted

The turtle doesn't inflict status effects

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 9, 2020

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Grimrock! I missed this lp, glad to see it's back :)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

It's a videogame, spiders are poison and snakes are poison and green things are poison!

I can't believe that Circlmastr led you all astray by not letting you guess turtle!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 29 - Who gently caress Cares

Sorry Orul, your boss fight probably would have been cooler if we didn't accidentally save you for last :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 30 - He IS So Many Snakes

Nice books idiot, for a clown to read, at the circus

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The most suspenseful thing isn't all the snake librarians. It is the constant threat of running out of bread.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

To be fair to Grace, the very first time you tried the levers it did click six times, because you had them all down.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 31 - That's Where The Bread Goes

Imagine getting up in the middle of the night, still half drunk, and needing to go through this poo poo to take a piss. No wonder the island master is such an rear end in a top hat

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I was legit mad at the game when you made it to the ladder and got blown up anyways.

Another petty crime the Island Master must pay for in blood :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Hot take: Shrek is a passable movie. Shrek 2 is a good movie, even.

Everything after that is poo poo tho.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Legend Of Grimrock 2 Episode 32 - The Big Snake, The Manyboy

He might have a dragon, but fortunately I played a gently caress ton of Zone of the Enders, a skill I didn't expect to become relevant

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I think that's the intended strategy for that fight; having someone facetank the dragon would likely be suicidal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
What is it about people riding dragons and other overcompensating antagonists talking poo poo for the fact you are just trying your best?

"Wow, look at this coward."
"You are hiding behind a forcefield and seventeen thousand enemies!" :argh: