Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

CirclMastr posted:

I was just exercising my right to bear arms.

boooooo

My gut instinct looking at the first clue, just from the layout of the clues, is that it's WASD. Uhu = forward, Lam = back, Ar = (sidestep) left, Te = (sidestep) right.
If uhu/ar/lam/te are WASD, then the two unnamed symbols map to Q and E on the keyboard (plus their glyphs look like instructions to turn). I haven't played the game but by any chance are Q and E turn left & turn right?

Grimrock is a love letter to old PC RPGS, and how many had this control scheme?

Ko is clearly a number as it's always attached to the end of a direction. Anyway, this brings me straight to the same conclusion as biosterous. So the answer is: step right, forward twice, turn left, forward twice, turn left twice, step left once, turn right 3 times, step back 3 times.

On the other hand the teleporter and shrine of pain puzzles would instantly reduce me to a gibbering wreck.

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, it's sad these games never got more sales - they do what they do really well, the art is gorgeous and the intricacy of the level and puzzle design shows a lot of love went into making them as well.

I'm considering picking up the first game, but my weaknesses are getting horrifically lost in these kinds of mazes, and being utterly terrible at timing, teleporter and "hey this switch opened a door on the other side of the map that you have to access by dropping down from 3 floors up". Which happen a lot. I'll stop short of calling it "bullshit", though, because I realise that they're not bad puzzles, just ones that I'm bad at. Oh, and the underwater segments. Has anyone made a mod that puts in the drowning music from Sonic?

[edit]Ooh, it's on sale at gog, I guess I'm buying it. https://www.gog.com/game/legend_of_grimrock
I blame you directly for when I get incredibly frustrated in future. And I also blame you every time I get takeout pizza now and I hear you or Grace saying "here comes the pizza!".

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 13, 2020

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

That's really cool :)

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Bloody hell, what's the trigger for all those spiders dropping on you?

I fell down a pit in grimrock 1 and landed on an ogre, one-shotting it. Then I flailed about and got killed repeatedly by that hall in floor 8 with the lightning that shoots down it periodically, I hate timing puzzles.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

More importantly, my god, Grace, how have you lived this long without having had falafel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Congrats! Aw crap, now I gotta finish the first one. I'm currently in the temple, also just figured out how to enchant arrows and then ran into a ton of enemies that were immune to them.