Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Here's a Warhammer Underworlds special: The Farstriders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Artum posted:

Where do custodes fall on the scale, given they generally come in 3s now are they sufficiently large to be a squad like that? Can I just call them 5 shield captains? :v:

Pretty sure those count for the “larger models” stipulation in the OP considering their base size, so a squad of 3 should be fine unless safety factor says otherwise.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Wow, this is an awesome thing you're doing! I'll paint something to support the cause!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Committing to finishing the Eliminator squad I started during the quarantine for this effort. Very cool effort by Safety Factor, I hope to have the completed models posted in the thread by Friday evening.

Just did a gloss varnish in preparation for recess shading, then basing and they'll be ready!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Currently painting up 4 more Idoneth just because I know how much Safety Factor loves Elves.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Class Warcraft posted:

What are these?

Those are my 'corps crow' 30k militia. Converted from Krieg, dark eldar, an kroot bits:

I need to paint 300 :suicide:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

Those are my 'corps crow' 30k militia. Converted from Krieg, dark eldar, an kroot bits:

I need to paint 300 :suicide:

:sbahj: those own. What a great idea and execution

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Malifaux Obliteration Core box. Tara, Karina, The Nothing Beast, and 3 Void Wretches.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
As a former Houstonian, this rocks, and you rock! Unsure if this counts as either one or two submissions for purposes of donations (they're each on 35ish mm bases): here's a unit of Putrid Blightkings + a Lord of Blights that I've just finished up.

Next up... finally finishing my Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh?

Veritas fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 7, 2020

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I painted a Saruman.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PierreTheMime posted:

:sbahj: those own. What a great idea and execution

Thanks man, been a labor of love for sure :shobon:

Very excited to have a giant horde of them

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Shooty warcaster business

And here's a terrible shot to qualify him!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Greetings thread! I come with a small challenge.

I’m interested in being the most prolific contributor to diminishing safetyfactors bank account. In fact, I’m so interested in doing so that if I am not the poster with the highest portion of the safetyfactor donation, I’ll make up the difference with a donation to the Puget Sound COVID mutual aid network. As a show of my seriousness, I’ve already given them $100:

If I end up being the winner of this challenge, I’ll make another $100 donation just to flex on all you cowards who came at the king and missed.

I’ve also painted two more characters.

COME AT ME!!!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You may want to black out your name more thoroughly, This being the internet and all.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

By popular demand posted:

You may want to black out your name more thoroughly, This being the internet and all.

Nah I’m good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

By popular demand posted:

I'm sure Nancy Drew solved enough mysteries to be fine

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

So hey OP, I noticed you mentioned stuff about non-28mm stuff, and to bug you if the game we were working on wasn't up there. Well, I'm bugging you, because I don't see any Warmaster up on your list. tl;dr, it's basically Warhammer Fantasy, but 10mm (also more command-based, but that's not relevant at the moment). I definitely want to help out, as I'm about to put my nose to the grindstone and crank out a few more units and heroes tomorrow, and if my effort can go to helping others out I don't want to waste it.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
First ham complete:

Mostly practice with Hexwraith Flame, but I might break out my Gal Vorbak for some unique Word Bearing Greater Possessed.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm so pleased that this thread was created

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Every hero needs a villain :agesilaus:

uhhh hypothetically speaking, what category would a full scale imperial strike cruiser fall into?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, got 'em. Also logged tkwg's donation.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Greetings thread! I come with a small challenge.

I'm interested in being the most prolific contributor to diminishing safetyfactors bank account. In fact, I'm so interested in doing so that if I am not the poster with the highest portion of the safetyfactor donation, I'll make up the difference with a donation to the Puget Sound COVID mutual aid network. As a show of my seriousness, I've already given them $100:

If I end up being the winner of this challenge, I'll make another $100 donation just to flex on all you cowards who came at the king and missed.

COME AT ME!!!
:siren: Challenge added! :siren:

As of right now, we are nearing my first $1000 threshold. We have $250 in additional donations and over $1000 in challenges waiting to be cashed in.

I know a few questions have piled up. I'll get to them next.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 8, 2020

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Where do custodes fall on the scale, given they generally come in 3s now are they sufficiently large to be a squad like that? Can I just call them 5 shield captains? :v:
After consulting with some experts, I've decided that standard custodes will be counted as regular infantry. They come in boxes of 5, after all. However, their terminators will be large infantry and will count in groups of 3.

I know you're joking, but please don't try to game the charity thread. I'm worried about running out of money too quickly as-is. :shepspends:
And I have the final say on everything.

Veritas posted:

As a former Houstonian, this rocks, and you rock! Unsure if this counts as either one or two submissions for purposes of donations (they're each on 35ish mm bases): here's a unit of Putrid Blightkings + a Lord of Blights that I've just finished up.

I just want to highlight this post for a second. For the sake of my sanity and so that certain other categories still work, I am only counting infantry in whole sets of 5. I thought about shifting to $10 per model, but it breaks a couple of things and it's just easier for consistency. However, I will track the number of models painted in case someone does the extra bit to meet the next donation.

This isn't meant to call out Veritas in any way, their post is just a good example since they painted six models. However, they are more than welcome to paint four more models to hit the next $50.

Aniodia posted:

So hey OP, I noticed you mentioned stuff about non-28mm stuff, and to bug you if the game we were working on wasn't up there. Well, I'm bugging you, because I don't see any Warmaster up on your list. tl;dr, it's basically Warhammer Fantasy, but 10mm (also more command-based, but that's not relevant at the moment). I definitely want to help out, as I'm about to put my nose to the grindstone and crank out a few more units and heroes tomorrow, and if my effort can go to helping others out I don't want to waste it.
I kind of put off things like Warmaster and Epic because I wasn't sure what to do for the infantry. I know Warmaster's bigger than Epic and after looking at some size comparisons I'll say two bases will equal one 28mm infantry model. So 10 bases will get $50. Does that sound fair?

Ghazk posted:

Every hero needs a villain :agesilaus:

uhhh hypothetically speaking, what category would a full scale imperial strike cruiser fall into?
It's a vehicle. $50. :v:

I have no idea how to count something like that and titans and similar stuff have been covered by challenges so far. That wouldn't really work for tkwg's challenge though since he's after my money. If you want to compete with him you gotta follow the same rules. Knowing you, you'll somehow manage to beat him and still have time for that crazy thing.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 8, 2020

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

After consulting with some experts, I've decided that standard custodes will be counted as regular infantry. They come in boxes of 5, after all. However, their terminators will be large infantry and will count in groups in 3.

If I did paint up a couple Val Gorbek as counts-as Greater Possessed will those count as characters or would I need to do 3+ since they're technically a large infantry unit from 30K? I have the official character models, but they don't look as cool.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

This is an amazing idea and you are cool both for doing this and for involving the community to get other people involved. I am so slow at painting you'll probably be tapped out before I'm done, but I'll still post a picture of what you inspired me to paint and make a donation in kind. Thank you for making a bit of positive news in the day!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Safety Factor posted:

It's a vehicle. $50. :v:

I accept this ruling.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Mechanicum Krios ready to be fielded by Forgeworld Aros

I dug up 4 Onager dunecrawlers, time to finish those and feed some hungry houstonians!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Dunno whether this will count as two characters or two of three large infantry, but tossing it up so I can start working on them.

If I have to paint a third, oh no? :shrug:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I knew Safety was gonna blast through that $5k quicker than July but I didn't expect it to happen by the end of this weekend

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Safety Factor posted:

I kind of put off things like Warmaster and Epic because I wasn't sure what to do for the infantry. I know Warmaster's bigger than Epic and after looking at some size comparisons I'll say two bases will equal one 28mm infantry model. So 10 bases will get $50. Does that sound fair?

Fair enough to me. Oh, also, I'm already 4/10 of the way there.

Timestamp

Better picture of the archer unit

Better? picture of the freehand banner and shield

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Cross-posting

xtothez posted:

That's my very last unit painted. Hope we get new releases soon as all I have left is terrain!

If the new ones come out soon I'll be doing a bunch more AdMech

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Two birds with one stone, this is part of my Secret Santa gift from SA user Pendent lol

Thanks to Safety Factor for this awesome idea and generous gift

edit:

I noticed I forgot the purity seal paper, (it's in invisible ink, gotta stay stealthy) so here's some shots after I threw a drybrush on the bases while I waited for the parchment to dry

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 9, 2020

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Bretonnian Damsel (counts-as Light Mage). The necklace was broken off when I received it, so I kind of sped through this model (except for the face and dress, which both turned out really nicely I think!).

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
A squad and a character!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Thanks for creating this awesome thread.

Because I’m a sadist, I’m going to try to finally finish this Thunderbolt fighter

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Finished up the first Gal Vorbak. The edge highlighting doesn't show up well, but imagine it exists because it does.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Edit: nevermind.

I am not trying to game a charity thread. Those guys were in various stages of quartered as of August, but I hadn't touched them in 8 months.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 9, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dumb question, do models count if I started them at the time of quarantine or do they have to have been started after the thread was made?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dumb question, do models count if I started them at the time of quarantine or do they have to have been started after the thread was made?

This is a very pertinent question, I have a couple things I could post if “start of quar” is the guideline, I’ve only been posting stuff that I started since the thread went up.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

dexefiend posted:

I present 125 130 painted Howling Griffons. They have been in my backlog for 3 years, and now they are done!

You painted 130 models in four days?

---

I'm not sure where y'all are getting the "since quarantine" thing from. It seems pretty clear to me the intent is for us paint models now for charity. When you run a marathon for charity you don't retroactively count any running you did previously.

Class Warcraft fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

This is a very pertinent question, I have a couple things I could post if “start of quar” is the guideline, I’ve only been posting stuff that I started since the thread went up.

I started the models I painted during quarantine, but they've been primed for months. I count em.