Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
the spirit of the idea is to complete models that you haven't gotten around to.

Primed is fine, half painted, not so much.

As said further up, please don't try to game a loving charity thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Let's maybe let the person who has five grand on the line arbitrate what is and isn't acceptable?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't wanna game it so just consider this as one single entry of what i've finished in quarantine. Either way I still have way more models to work on that I'm slowly grinding out. Just need some larger brushes for the big suits

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 9, 2020

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
HAMS HAMS HAMS HAMS HAMS

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I painted a big red spike dog.

I'm not entirely sure I can recommend her to others. She's a nice little centerpiece model with a lot of good detail, but she's got a few problems.

- The Deep Cuts Gargantuan Red Dragon comes pre-assembled and pre-primed and... her left wing is just in the way. If it had been unprimed I probably could've done the heat-bending method to move it to give myself another inch to work, but since I have no idea what it was actually primed with or how well it would tolerate that I decided against trying.

- She's covered in spikes. The front is spikes. The back is spikes. The tail is spikes. The wings are spikes. She's got so many spikes it makes me wonder what's been running around eating Pathfinder's Red Dragon population because spikes like that don't grow on accident. And while the spikes are too thick and blunt to draw blood there are just so many of them it's impossible to find a comfortable place to hold her. The best place I found was on either wing, but the wing end talons curl inward and they're the sharpest edges on the model.

- The tail feels like it belongs to an entirely different dragon. The underbelly scales on the main body don't match the ones on the tail, and to have the back spikes and scales suddenly turn into weird chitin plates is definitely odd.

- There are 16 fingers on each wing. That's weird.

I hadn't planned it, but going with a purple/pink flesh tone along with the fiery reds and oranges made the inside of the mouth look like a sunset :kimchi:

I still need to black-ring the base, but I think the old rusty weapons and stray gold coins came out pretty well!

Edit: I'm an idiot who missed the timestamp requirements, I hope this still counts:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 10, 2020

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

HAMS HAMS HAMS HAMS HAMS

THERE WILL BE HAMS

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Since I guess I need to clarify:
Only models finished after this thread went live (May 5th) will qualify. It's why I requested a timestamp, please be honest.

I've imposed this limitation because if I let people count everything they've completed in the last 1-2 months it'd kind of foul things up. There are people only starting their projects now or digging things out storage. I'd run out of my budgeted money a lot sooner too. There's still more than two months left, there's plenty of time to paint.

I also want to note that there's no problem with people finishing half-painted models. We all have some laying around and getting those done is part of the plan here.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! More models logged!

Pierre, I'm being nice and counting your gal vorbak models as characters since you're painting them to be used as greater possessed. But if you go back and try to paint the other three for easy credit, I'll shift them to infantry.
:colbert:

I'm also going to be nice and count these guys. However, they are regular infantry so it should be 5 for credit. I know they come three to a box so just add a couple models to your next unit and we're all good. :shobon:

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't wanna game it so just consider this as one single entry of what i've finished in quarantine. Either way I still have way more models to work on that I'm slowly grinding out. Just need some larger brushes for the big suits

Can you clarify this a bit? Again, I'm not counting things that were completed in the last couple of months of quarantine. There's also some things that wouldn't qualify like the two crisis suits (need three). I'm not trying to be an rear end about this, I just want to impose some sort of order so things run smoothly.

Sorry, reread your post and did you intend for it to be counted as a single entry? That I can do.

dexefiend posted:

Edit: nevermind.

I am not trying to game a charity thread. Those guys were in various stages of quartered as of August, but I hadn't touched them in 8 months.
Thanks for being cool about this without me having to say anything. It's an awesome achievement though, I know you've been working on them for a long time.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 10, 2020

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm a man of my word and since we have reached a $1000 threshold I have donated $1000.
:siren::siren::siren:

And here's the progress update:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Safety Factor posted:

Sorry, reread your post and did you intend for it to be counted as a single entry? That I can do.

That was kinda the intent, but if not no big deal. It was also an excuse to try to take a combined picture

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

5 Genestealer Cult Aberrants, coming out of deep strike and charging Safety Factor's wallet:

Compliance version:

One where you can actually see the models:

That bit of static grass on the Hypermorph's base sure was stubborn

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Gal Vorbak #2 done:

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Okay so, it turns out I was cheating with my previous mini, as I started working on it on May 3rd. It was not my intention to scam Safety Factor into donating. I just somehow assumed based on the Oath thread that stuff painted this month counts.. I am really sorry for that.

But to make up for my previous mistake here is something I painted since. It's my Norscan Blood Bowl team, its human members that is. (Ulfwereners are stuck in the UK, and the Yeti needs some putty work.) Plus their coach!

How you want to count them is up to you Safety Factor, if you want to count these instead of the previously posted Saruman because of my fuckup, please do! If you want to disqualify me that I also understand.

Sadly I can not afford to donate right now, all I can do is paint more minis.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I figured I'd play it super-safe and timestamp start and finish on these goobers.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Scamming Safety Factor into giving money to charity is a moral good

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Great progress jumping over to infantry units following a very similar color scheme (Stygies VIII Forgeworld):

(I forgot to take a snap of these primered, so here they are post primary painting waiting for the bases to dry)

Starting in a unit of Electropriests:

This thread has been a fantastic motivator for progress, I've had these dudes sitting on the top of my hobby shelf for literally months. :smith:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

5 ships from Armada ready to go! Never painted any of these before, they're pretty fun but drat they're tiny.

And a much lazier timestamp shot:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
TIME TO GET SWOLE IN THE OMNISSIAHS NAME

Edit:
Going to start on a bigger model and knock out some Knights (more red, hurray :suicide:):

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 11, 2020

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Strike from the shadows

Finishing these and the Aberrants just now clears out all the GSC stuff I had sitting around, most of which was originally purchased back in November 2018.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

That was kinda the intent, but if not no big deal. It was also an excuse to try to take a combined picture
Cool. I'll put you down for a character, then.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Okay so, it turns out I was cheating with my previous mini, as I started working on it on May 3rd. It was not my intention to scam Safety Factor into donating. I just somehow assumed based on the Oath thread that stuff painted this month counts.. I am really sorry for that.
Don't worry about it. Starting before the 5th was fine. Finishing before the 5th isn't, but it's really not that big a deal if you did.

Oh god, I didn't check this thread yesterday and now there are so many more models. :shepface:

I'm counting Grizzled Patriarch's ships as infantry just so I don't need to make a different tracker.

That next donation threshold is coming up fast.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 12, 2020

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished a piranha on Saturday!

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Okay, I've been having I guess you'd call it "painter's block" with these fuckers for several weeks. Been aiming in the quarantine to complete at least 1000pts of khorne for AoS, and did really good in the early weeks banging out a ton of bloodletters and fleshhounds. Then I tried to get fancy with these ones and just wasn't getting it to turn out how I wanted; I think its more just being restless and stressed from the plague more than anything. I figure if finishing them gets people fed, that might motivate me to break through.

EDIT: I suck at image hosting for my manbaby barbie projects.

Desiden fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 12, 2020

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Sat down yesterday evening to start on the Sanguinor and ended up just painting him all the way through.

Dullcoted to within an inch of his life and will still chip immediately on being put on the table.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Coooooool.

I should have my Veteran Intercessors done this week, 6 models and I'm gonna throw a Lurtz I found primed black in my upstairs to make up for my 3-model unit from before

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
This weekends project was a couple of jetbikes.

9 of them to be precise.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hunger... Hunger never changes.

Will probably continue touching up on all of them and I gotta do something about some lifted primer on that ghoul base and where it peaks through on on the super mutie, but all in all, as a fellow Texan, I hope they are acceptable to feed some folk. Will probably paint some more Fallout things. Maybe try my hand at finishing my Mighty Morphing Tempestus Scions.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Finished up my airplane, so now I can walk around the house making 'Reeeeaaaaaoooooooow' sounds

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Yeast posted:

Finished up my airplane, so now I can walk around the house making 'Reeeeaaaaaoooooooow' sounds

Oh man I love this!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
First thing finished since the competition started. Yet another of my favorite things, big yellow tanks.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeast posted:

This rules even if my brain keeps trying to convince me it's AI-scale

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The picture with the phone on top is so, so confusing. Then it it clicks in. That plane is exceptional.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
It's been a while since I've been to this site..
(so much I can't make timg tags work)

Less potato

Soggy Chips fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 14, 2020

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Adding this... unsure if it counts as a vehicle or character, but here you go!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Things I finished in the last week and a half or so:

10 model Vostroyan squad

5 model Sister squad

3 30k Alpha Legion characters (Armillus Dynat and 2 Saboteurs)

10 model Alpha Legion Volkite Caliver Squad

4 model Battletech Lance of Crater Cobras

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Intercessors carelessly piled in front of a timestamp:

Intercessors carelessly piled in front of a Kill Team board:

Living Image fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 16, 2020

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Here's a hangry hippoman and two spooky dragons. Let's call it 3 large infantry/smaller monster, that's pretty accurate to their size and their function on tabletop.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Five more infantry.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Crosspost from painting thread, I did a character! Idk if it counts because I don't feel like I put more effort than usual into this. Also the base isn't done yet, gonna do all of them at once when I finish the fire warriors

Spanish Manlove posted:

Decided to paint up the Cadre Fireblade and get it over with, dude looks super patriotic

(after I took this picture I redid the oddly large highlight on the pauldron)

He fits in pretty well with the other fire warriors

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

I'm also going to be nice and count these guys. However, they are regular infantry so it should be 5 for credit. I know they come three to a box so just add a couple models to your next unit and we're all good. :shobon:

Advice heeded, so I finished a model I'd primed back in 2002, Lurtz! (also went on a bit of a LotR eBay binge, stay tuned) and finished a squad of 6 Veteran Intercessors for my Imperial Fists. My finest squad to date and the first project I started after isolation began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished off my nids back log, so have some gargoyles!