Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Completed a 10 man Fire Warrior Squad & Commander Shadowsun!

Time stamp photo:

Better shot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, y'all, got busy with work last week and ghosted slightly. I was still checking it and didn't see any issues crop up though.

Thanks, everyone. Got your models logged.

I also flagged the highest contributor which is unsurprisingly Ghazk right now. If his output seems abnormally high, that's just what he does.

As a reminder, here are the current challenges hanging over the thread:

Anyone got something to add?

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 18, 2020

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I realize that I'm due a third donation, but here's the second for now:

It's getting late here so I'll take care of the next one tomorrow after work. Keep the models coming.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I finished a Bretonnian Knight! (Or is that Robert Baratheon?!)

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 18, 2020

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

5 Idoneth Deepkin for the popular tabletop game Age of Sigmar. Thanks a ton for doing this Safety Factor!

Now, on to my Reaver! :shepicide:

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I finished a Bretonnian Knight! (Or is that Robert Baratheon?!)

Thats some lovely yellow. Well done!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Brock Samsonite posted:

:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

20 models, 4 squads of 5

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
My chilly skycat and gassy derpasaurus just arrived! The downside is, the paint I need for them won't arrive until June. That should still give me plenty of time to get them both done, once I figure out what I'm going to do with their big boring bases.

On the plus side, I did a little guesstimate of the Nolzur's 28mm T-Rex and I'd say its head is about two inches long, so the T-Rex skull I got from a pack of toys that turned out to be too big for a gaslands conversion is just perfectly sized for one of them.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Armiger Warglaive done! This felt like forever to finish, but a combo of work and detailing took its time:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Another Underworlds special: Ironskull's Boyz

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This is such a great thread idea, I know I've already said this, but thanks to Safety Factor for providing some additional motivation in this twilight of the IRL Imperium lol

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Models logged! I counted that knight as a character, but if it turns out it's for a unit just let me know.

And here's that third donation I promised:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Did some transport vehicles for my ironwing.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I think you need some blue horrors crawling out of the open hatches

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

I think you need some blue horrors crawling out of the open hatches

Shut up and paint $300 of models in a day so I panic and start working on even more tanks.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Ten bad hombres painted for a good cause.

Missed irony oppurtunity in not making them nurgle guys

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I forget which dragon this is, but I've had it for a long time (I was starting Dark Eldar when I got out of Warhammer 40k, and I needed some Dark Elf bits for conversions). I needed a test model for a bronze patina effect, and I figured this was a good opportunity to make a statue.

Edit: It's ok if this one doesn't count.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 20, 2020

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Painted up a character- the old Tycho sculpt is one of my favorites.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Dragon dragon.

Paint a dragon.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
A unit of Skitarii Rangers done:

My Daedalosus came in the mail today so I'm going to try to knock that out tomorrow. Will work stop me? Tune in to find out!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I hope doors just count as troops because I just finished a five-pack!

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

A unit of Skitarii Rangers done:

My Daedalosus came in the mail today so I'm going to try to knock that out tomorrow. Will work stop me? Tune in to find out!

For a moment I thought you painted these in 30 minutes and it broke my brain.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Geisladisk posted:

For a moment I thought you painted these in 30 minutes and it broke my brain.

It probably took ~2 hours plus a decent amount of drying time. Contrasts, shades, and crackle medium take a good while to dry thoroughly.

Edit:
Daedalosus completed (pending a few minor touchups):

In dedication of helping me keep sanity during agile calls I'm going to call him Scrum Master.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 22, 2020

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if this counts for anything, but I painted the Arcane Fate box for Malifaux. A normal size guy, and a huge boy. The grey guy is for scale, it's a normal AoS guy.

Electric Hobo posted:

I painted the Arcane Effigy and the Arcane Emissary for Malifaux.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PierreTheMime posted:

In dedication of helping me keep sanity during agile calls I'm going to call him Scrum Master.

I feel like the large majority of my brush painting in this thread is taking place under similar circumstances.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Don’t talk to me or my son ever again.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I forgot to post here that I finished a tiny titan, a Reaver!

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I painted some walls and fences! (The whole box set)
Do these count for something?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished a Slann this morning!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Thorns done :ghost:

These were super fun. I foresee more ghosts in my future.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hope re-using my Oath pics is OK!

Zark the Damned posted:

Oath Complete

A spooky ghost executioner painted mainly with contrast & technical paints

A noble hippogriff ready for a rider

Reaper griffon with a frankly ludicrous wingspan. I swear this thing seems to tilt more every time I look at it, may have to drill a pin into it's leg if it gets any worse...

Claiming a Flying Start for the birdy monsters.

2 monsters and a character (the wraith is this guy - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Nighthaunt-Liekoron-The-Executioner-2018 )? Or count it as a unit of big guys, up to you :)

If you need a timestamped pic of the finished minis I can do that, just need to dig em out again (I forgot about this thread when taking the pics)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Finished my blightlords! I only have 9 models total here but one of them is a Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour (character), per our conversation. Love this concept and what you're doing here, Safety Factor.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
This weeks bounty:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Thorns done :ghost:

These were super fun. I foresee more ghosts in my future.

Just so you know, I'm totally stealing that color scheme for my ghosts once I'm done with the boners and greenskins.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I finished a couple of big boys! Ok, one big boy and one slightly crocodile.

I also finished a couple of 12"x12" dungeon tiles, but I don't think those count for Hams for Hunger.

I'm really satisfied with the way the Werecrocodile's mouth came out. I know the mold lines on the arms are disappointing, but the model is so heavily textured I didn't feel comfortable removing any of the mold lines from it.

The fire giant's cape has a scale pattern that very closely matches something I'm about to paint. I also painted him up like a big dwarf, because I like the idea of giants being dwarves that don't stop growing at 30 (or whenever they reach adulthood). Mountain Kings may be rare, but they're dwarf heroes, not monsters!

Neither has had their final sealer coat done. I'm going to be doing a matte and it was too humid today.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

I realize that I'm due a third donation, but here's the second for now:

It's getting late here so I'll take care of the next one tomorrow after work. Keep the models coming.

Just crazy impressed at how this whole thing is going - it's such a great idea. To help keep it going a little bit longer, Goonhammer will fund an additional $500 worth of donations for models painted.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

Just crazy impressed at how this whole thing is going - it's such a great idea. To help keep it going a little bit longer, Goonhammer will fund an additional $500 worth of donations for models painted.

:nice:

This has been really fun and hopefully helpful to people in need.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll count these as 5 infantry.
I'll just count these as 5 infantry if that's alright.
Is it ok if I count them as three large infantry as you suggested? Old monsters are pretty small compared to their modern counterparts and I'm not worried about hitting my cap. :shepspends:
As per our conversation, I'll count the terminators as 10 for now so with the character that puts you up to $150.

Models, models, models, models, models...

And here are the current standings!

Ghazk is still in the lead, but tkwg isn't too far behind.

We have also had a :siren:new challenge:siren:!
ijyt has been called out by Sulecrist

If anyone has anymore challenges, please feel free to post them.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

TheChirurgeon posted:

And we've got our first sponsor! Thanks for doing this, sincerely. I'll let you know when you hit $500. With how this thread has gone, it won't be long.

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

It's getting late here (slow internet makes these pages a nightmare to load), but I have a couple of announcements that I'll have to save for tomorrow. As well as more donations. :shepspends:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I didn't take a photo near a clock, but I swear by the fury of a thousand suns that I painted these over the weekend:

Devilfish:

Tau Commander (I still have a couple things to touch up but they're minor and you can't see them.)