Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

So I did not paint any new minis since, but I did paint some buildings!

The group shot shows the previously posted walls and fences

I forgot to make a time stamp photo, but I did take one of it unpainted with the previously painted walls and fences visible on it. I know its not today's newspaper, but maybe it counts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I'm hoping this'll count as a special character. I painted up the Reaper Bones Solar Angel.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I did a thing

Here are some better pictures:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Amazing WHFB terrain snipe up there! Some great stuff all around.

I painted all of the Warcry starter set terrain:

Fountains not included in the photo because the water effects in them are still curing. I’m going to add some algae and mud and poo poo later, but it’s table-ready.

Count it however you want, Safety Factor; FWIW it painted up slower than ten Swordmasters but faster than ten Sons of Horus. Sorry for my disgusting desk.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Sisko posted:

I did a thing

Here are some better pictures:

that skin tone looks fantastic, I would love to know your recipe. Also a rough gist on how you do eyes

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Spanish Manlove posted:

that skin tone looks fantastic, I would love to know your recipe. Also a rough gist on how you do eyes

Airbrush rhinox hide, followed by Doom bull brown. Highlights with tuskgor Fur for the more extreme highlights

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

So I did not paint any new minis since, but I did paint some buildings!

The group shot shows the previously posted walls and fences

I forgot to make a time stamp photo, but I did take one of it unpainted with the previously painted walls and fences visible on it. I know its not today's newspaper, but maybe it counts!

These are awesome

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I painted up some warriors, plus their scarabs of course, I am just including them here to show off as they are not a 5 base unit or anything.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Hey all, coming in late to the hams, just read through the whole thread, very cool! Safety Factor if you have any cash left I'll jump in this month with my June oath (as long as this counts as a 5 unit team, I think these are mostly 28mm, ish...)

I picked this bunch as the most backlog-busting of all my figs, as they are the last figs I thought I would get around to painting... All bought without really looking closely, to see that the are almost all terrible figures. (And I still have to transplant a hand from another fig for one of these guys, stolen for a different oath some months ago). But I felt like they best fit the spirit of cleaning out the backlog, so I thought I'd give them a go, and maybe come up with something decent here.

On the other hand, the Wizkids bugbears I picked up are beyond help, and are relegated to the vivisection pile...

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

give me your $100 Hambrose

Hixson fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 8, 2020

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

god drat

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
gently caress. Now I want to throw mine in the trash.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I finished five more troops, and took a timestamp with the last troop I finished.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just finished a squad of five Custodes, so I get to take a little more of Safety Factors money. This is the face of true face of charity.

Hixson posted:

give me your $100 Hambrose

Great job. I have donated $100 dollars to my local food bank in your honor.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just finished a squad of five Custodes, so I get to take a little more of Safety Factors money. This is the face of true face of charity.

Great job. I have donated $100 dollars to my local food bank in your honor.

o7

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

We have also had a :siren:new challenge:siren:!
ijyt has been called out by Sulecrist

If anyone has anymore challenges, please feel free to post them.

I don't think this is gonna happen unfortunately. :smith:

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I got back into the swing of painting and knocked out this fine Astropath

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
So it took me way longer than it should, but I finished the bloodcrushers calvary I posted before, plus a character. Reavers to the right in the photo on what I'm working on next, we'll see if I can get them done before donations/time runs out.

Desiden fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 10, 2020

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I've been working on getting my backlog of Space Marines to tabletop standard so here are 5 Hellblasters and a Primaris Captain.

Edit: Also finished up a Sherman 3 for Bolt Action

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 10, 2020

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finished these guys up a few days ago but forgot to post them in here. 3 Crisis Suits & 3 Stealth Suits.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
A party of five brave adventurers delves into the catacombs...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Finished up the largest model I've ever painted

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, y'all. I know I've been lax in my duties. I'll admit to getting distracted by everything going on in the US right now (I'm overseas and trying to stay current all the time). I also currently live in a hotel apartment and the wifi hasn't worked the last few days. On top of that, just got dealt some big family drama as yet another distraction. No one wants to hear any of my excuses so I'm not going to drag this out.

I will catch up fully in the next day or so, don't worry.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Five little Kobolds, standing in a line.

Encounter with a Dragon? Eh, I'm sure they'll all be fine...

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Painted a Foul Blightspawn plus a unit of Nurglings.

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
10x Corpse Grinder Cultists done (I almost forgot to post this)

(better pic)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Painted another set of Nurglings!

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Finished 10 bloodreaver infantry. After I complete the tower (hopefully this week), should have a 1000+ pts blades of khorne army for whenver we can actually have human contact again.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I finished a couple more adventuring parties, 10 more "troops" for me!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Haven’t posted in a couple weeks but I’ve knocked out some more vehicles.

Three javelins for my SoH and continuing the Ironwing repaint death march, this time getting my laser vindis and my sad little land raider proteus, which now likely looks the nicest it ever will.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Checking in with some Blood Ravens

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I painted the Marcus corebox for Malifaux: Marcus, Jackalope, 3 Order Initiates, and Myranda. I also painted the big monster Grootslang, also for Malifaux.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I painted a knight!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Thank you, Safety Factor, for everything.

Thank you for coaxing me to get out of my comfort zone and to try painting something other than tiny giant robots.

Thank you for doing a good thing for people in need while encouraging others to stretch their creativity or refine their techniques.

And thanks to everyone who's participated in this thread, in any form. I probably don't know any of you personally, but no matter where you feel your skill level is: you're amazing.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I painted some Dreadsperas!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This looks like a good cause. Had to order a new mini because all my old ones are painted already.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

super sweet best pal posted:

This looks like a good cause. Had to order a new mini because all my old ones are painted already.

You don't have a box of shame? :confused:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

How did you break the curse? How are you alive!?

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

I <3 my chunky robot son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Glowing with balefire, a Zombie Dragon enters the thread.

Is it a zombie dragon? Or is it a dragon zombie?

Either way I ran out of space to take pictures. I'm going to need a bigger display shelf.