Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tutons are actually op now OP, keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

It rules i'm glad he doesnt give in to the terrorist demands

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

This fuckin finals lineup, this is v hype

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

They were pretty crazy, scenes getting hyper competitive

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

The Donut posted:

Great matches between Hera and Liereyy, not really sure what happened to Viper, really good tournament so far

Yo is just that insane and seems to have his number recently.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

My money is on Finland A or China A personally, both just play on a different level compared to everyone else (outside of Brazil A and Norway A). Both teams control space in ways that seem (to me, a novice) constantly innovative and difficult to counter without a lot of prior exposure. Norway and Brazil are both incredibly good but a bit too "conventional" to win the finals outright -- though either will put up a hell of a fight going down anyways. Think Canada has a decent chance at taking down Norway before the finals as well.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I just like saying Jor-Dan with the big emphasis on the D

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

bac-T all day

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Good on t90 for getting his bag, i'll prolly never remember to catch a stream on FB tho so I guess it's the occasional yt video only for me

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

lmao t90 caught covid again

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Jurchen, Tibetans, Tanguts maybe?

Anyone else for the general area of China?

Yue or some other Non-han southern chinese civ?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

too bad about t90 speedrunning a dozen covid infections tho, plague pennensula takes another

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Nili Apartment Cup 4 going on this week, day1 just finished up today and some really good matches from the back half I caught

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

the septarchy is back baby awooooooooo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

he did the forbidden technique....

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Azran posted:

Elo really needs to drop way quicker in ranked, I'm playing matches against people who have 3k score over me 25 minutes into the game and I only lose 15 Elo after the match lol

why not just keep doing cheesy all in dark/feudal rushes until you tank somewhere more comfortable? I guess you might end up climbing with that lol

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

DE is 75% off along with all the DLCs sans Roman, if anyone was like myself and waiting for a good sale to finally hop onboard

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

New civs sound pretty interesting, wonder what their strength ends up looking like -- can't imagine spamming churches around farms will be worth it

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

goths make infantry kind of viable via a human wave strategy but that's a bit lategame. But yeah in anything open enough for mobility to matter, mobility and initiative will forever be king and having more options will always be better than having fewer (positionally)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ssmagus posted:

Why would you ever go swords with Armenia when Knights+comp bows should just beat every thing else in castle because comp bows just make you win every knight+archer fight? I guess you still need the castle...

because surely no one would ever go swords, right?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Larry went to a hapsburg boarding school?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Lol that aoe2 is entering it's "please get your kids to play so it continues on" era

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

im the guy that guessed he was pregnant

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

They were still way more prevalent than they've been historically to my understanding, which I think is the point. Most every match that lasted long enough had a period of monk play and forced counterplay to that, even if every match didnt consist of nothing but monk v monk ball wars. There's definitely SOME balancing to be done, which the recent patch did seem to do with fixing building->unit swapping and spamming on vils to stop them building.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

DauT is gonna take it all I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

OK ending, disappointed my tatoh vs daut didnt pan out, though one of the semis was still pretty good