Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I like playing AOE2 as a compstomp and just making hundreds of villagers and being the resource breadbasket for my human cohorts

until late game when I take my amassed riches and swarm the remaining enemy with whatever my most dumb expensive units are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

domhal posted:

Any online co-op stuff in the game?

comp stomps are a aoe2 tradition and even GBS can usually get enough gamers going to do it if games can't

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Harveygod posted:

Do you mean "specific scenarios for co-op play" or just "fighting the AI with other human players"?

Because:

It's Friday and so there will almost definitely be games happening if you wanted to join.

You don't have to be good. Our skill levels range from "above average player" to "not contributing at all" to "someone do a wellness check I think he passed out at his keyboard (again)."

lol i bet i know who

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

So there was this vid I clicked on a while back and closed because "I'd surely be able to find it again". And it was basically an explanation vid of how if you have 20 somethings against 15 equal somethings, you'd probably only lose a couple of somethings when they fought. I think it even mentions it being used in real military science and poo poo. I'd assume it was a SotL video but I'll be damned if I can find it. Anyway basically I think the gist was you'll double or triple team an enemy and drop him quick and it'll cascade into a lopsided victory rather than a close one. I have no clue what to look up to find it either

ask a football coach :shrug:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I just like making farms

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Got a 100% win rate in ranked games :cool:

My first opponent dropped shortly after reaching feudal

this is age of empires, its called a surrender, good job noble victor!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Viga_TCB posted:

The fact that this thread has just 3 pages of replies while c&c remastered has a LOT more makes me sad... The meta is much better in this than that IMO but perhaps ppl are more nostalgic towards that instead.

people are allowed to post about and like the wrong bad games if they want to

all hail king of the losers, basically

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

For the people that are stressed etc, seriously i would dip your toes in by just playing co op against the PC with friends. Hell, or even ONLY doing that. its still fun.

theres no reason to go head to head with somebody just because other people enjoy it!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

We are a peaceful nation of wood choppers !!!!!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Anybody having issues with MP in this game on steam today? Can't get multiplayer to even show up as an option

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Yep, back up here as well thanks yal

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

re the trailer:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm not liking AoE's IV aesthethic and to be honest, I'm not confident that Relic can pull off a good game like this.

Me neither really, sadly.

Hopefully it evolves into a good game, but, if not, what they've done with AOE2 is absolutely enough to qualify as a sequel in my books tbh! Now, if only somebody would give HOMM3 that treatment...

I'm also glad i'm not the only one that liked COH more than COH2, even if COH2 is a fun game to play casually in a LAN or whatever.

E: tho realistically I don't do much 'competitive' gaming, outside of obviously trying to win when i play a team game with/against my friends or pugs

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I exclusively use fish traps

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I'm not sure an inability or lack of desire to work around a literal 65% tax has a single thing to do with MS or age of empires

E: or any company or product, frankly

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Oh so the company of heroes ppl made a game with bad FOV?? Waow I definitely didn't see that being a main reason I would dislike this game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i like to play games the wrong way and just build up defenses while not even being attacked because at the end of the day i refuse to believe im not in control of the game as if it were legos

optimally somebody would just assign my entire civilization to figure out the best way to deforest every map

or dig holes through mountains that sounds fun as well