Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
As a Simons fan with sky-high expectations, this show exceedingly delivered.

The first episode is heavy and dense, but once the historical divergence starts to happen the story really picks up and leaves you breathless by the end.

There were some story points in the finale I didn't 100% comprehend, but that's probably by design. The interplay of real and alternate history is something I really, really want Simons to explore some more.

I didn't know that ala Chernobyl, HBO released an hour-long podcast with every episode which will become mandatory for my inevitable re-watch. I kind of wish I knew that going in, but the writing depth is there for multiple viewings.

What happened in Germany in the 40's wasn't some anomaly, it can and likely will happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU