Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I binged through Rude Tales while doing mindless work from home poo poo and it rules. DM and players alike are endlessly creative and you can tell that it's been ruthlessly edited because it keeps a fantastic pace at all times. I'm very excited to hear more of Ali's horrible harpy laugh in this spinoff.

Also I'm sad because now I have to wait for new episodes like every other schmuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh! The turtle is named Little one! and that huge turtle in the sewer was named Little one! Calling it now, same turtle.

Yeah and BRanson made a big deal about how all those goodberries will give him a healthy long life.

Excellent episode, got a bunch of big laughs from me. I continue to love Ali's horrible little harpy voice.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Lmao Tzu posted:

In Rude Talks of Chatting they said they’ll be going back to the main campaign when Come at the King comes to a natural conclusion since they know the pandemic is going to last a while and they’ve gotten comfortable recording remotely now. They’re not going to stretch it out because of the lockdown.

How are the bonus podcast episodes? I was considering signing up to the Patreon but didn't realise $10 a month was the lowest tier that got those, which is a bit too much for me right now.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Taylor's said that they're looking to have the live show be a purchasable download after the fact

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Lmao Tzu posted:

The Rude Talks of Chatting are interesting behind the scenes stuff that go into what Branson had planned vs what ends up happening, how they use their experience doing improv together in roleplaying, the session zero for Come at the King, a few deleted scenes etc.

The Vampire the Masquerade one off was amazing and almost worth the price of admission alone.

I’d say it’s worth paying $10 once and downloading all the content if you can’t donate monthly.

I was able to justify the :10bux: from my fun budget, listened to the most recent Rude Talks which were great and I'll definitely check out that Vampire play. Is there an RSS feed I can plug into my podcasting app of choice? I guess that might be difficult to paywall.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I guess I should check my loving emails! Awesome, thanks.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I have no idea if there's some kind of extra check before you order but I accidentally found the teepublic page for the Elf Lord exclusive shirt when I was googling to find the Sonic Youth image. What you do with this information depends on your personal moral code.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I didn't think it was referencing a specific moment, I think it was Branson doing some art that set the tone for the show. And it worked because it got me to listen!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm kind of torn because I loved how expertly Tim was able to make Smellulous completely pathetic. I felt like the bits with the jester were pulled from personal experience of lovely improv partners / audiences

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah they've said in the patreon / on twitter that if you can't make the show they're going to make it available as some kind of digital download in the store after the fact.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

New Talkin Bout for patrons from Tim and Joe about newspaper comics. I've not listened to it yet but did just listen to the first Pride and Prejudice one from Tim and Carly, and if you've been sleeping on this one due to not being an Austen fan I'd say give it a shot. They end the episode by reading a chapter and Tim using his Stirfry voice to play Mr Collins is amazing.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm Wealthy Wim Windows! Check out my bicycle!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Speaking of, here's the link to the previous live show: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/escapefromplanettime

£2.33 in UK money, I just need to find time to watch it. I might not be able to see the new one either so hopefully they do the same with that.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I love all the moments early on in the show when Stirfry (or anyone, but mostly Stirfry) is trying to make any kind of connection with de Bonesby and Chris describes his impassive skull staring back at them.

Honestly with the way their respective characters are growing, by the time de Bonesby is able to reach out to Stirfry, Stirf won't need him to any more.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I finally got round to listening to Stirfry and de Bonesby's audio commentary for As Good As It Gets from the Patreon feed. The 2.5 hour run time was the main thing putting me off but it absolutely flew by in the company of those two.

Horrible Butts posted:

Partner (Evan Jellicle) and I paid tribute to the Very Special Episode of RtM
https://soundcloud.com/yesssss-2/every-toilet/s-XWjWLxYICcb

Also this is great and deserves to be at the top of the page.

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 26, 2020

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It in no way surprises me that half the Rude Tales crew (and Branson especially) is extremely into Achewood.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Whoever was having a tough time with Kebin, there's some similar stuff in this week's episode. Not the same, so it might not be an issue, but it goes to some hosed up places. (I loved it.)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

If it's that specific combination that was an issue you should be okay with the latest episode. Enjoy catching up!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Branson's admission that every character voice he does is teetering on the edge of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog was too real.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I kind of assumed that everyone was bound for hell, Cordelia's a hosed up place.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Taylor is great, I loved the PARSELY episodes and his lovely little vampire man

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Great Bellow himbo moment at the end of this episode

"I knew it wasn't me!"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I think the tennis noises were when Joe and Taylor (maybe?) were doing back and forth observations about the arts in an effort to out-culture each other.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I would DIE for Tim Platt

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I had just long enough after the March Madness winner was announced as Deli to think "I hope we get an in character acceptance speech" before exactly that landed in the Patreon feed. Great stuff

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

flavor.flv posted:

I really wonder how much Branson communicates with Chris, specifically. Was De Bonesby catching on to the riddle guy gimmick immediately an intentional character moment, or just really good improv?

I'm pretty sure they went into this in Rude Talks of Chatting but I can't remember exactly what was said. I'm pretty sure it was more on the improv side of things?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Branson frantically throwing out cuckoldry-themed pub names was fantastic

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

A lot of Real poo poo in this episode

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I did like that Branson made good on his promise about the mean and hungry wolf inside him that would make Bellow pay for the rules he made

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The Repo Man posted:

As for Tim, I get the feeling that everyone in the cast knows him, and his ramblings aren't new to anyone.

About half of the Rude Talks of Chatting start with the cast passing a bit round, culminating with Tim coming in and talking it to death. They're all very aware of their roles and what they're doing.

The Stirfry's Dream segment is an absolutely incredible demonstration of Tim's stream of consciousness improv ability. It's definitely something you can't do too often because it dominates the show but it's great every once in a while.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I don't even need to take the quiz because I love my wife!!! Very much!!!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

That's fantastic. I would love to hear a de Bonesby read on "sit down and drink your loving tea!"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

That feels like a riff on Douglas Adams to me - "the ships hung in the air in the exact way that rocks don't" - but it works so well with the Rude Tales style.

My favourite Branson-ism is when he's in full flow and says something that doesn't quite make sense then yells SHUT UP, mostly because I wish I'd had the confidence to do that when I was a DM

Lot of good "turn to the players and also the audience and say gently caress off" moments in this latest episode, on that note

Also now that I've had a chance to listen to it the first patreon episode of Stars of Space is way better than the pilot, lots of big laughs. I realise they were doing a bit of a TNG homage with their Q equivalent in the first episode but the problem with that is that Farpoint loving sucks as a pilot. I'm pretty confident that as everyone relaxes into the show there'll be a lot of good stuff ahead. I like Joe a lot as a GM and how he uses the Lasers and Feelings system, and it's good to hear more of Taylor

e: I took too long writing this post and was beaten to the Douglas Adams reference, I won't forget this Ainsley!

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 1, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The bit where he just starts reading out the strategy guide to the adventure while everyone else is killing themselves laughing is amazing, I love Tim.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Empty Sandwich posted:

oh: side note for those not on the Patreon: Stir Fry drank the potion from a guy taking a remove curse potion and that was supposed to be the entire joke.

but Chris then noted that SF had been cursed with speech, then there was an off-mic debate, and things shook out as we saw.

so it was neither a Tim punishment nor a purposeful narrative device. it's just these folks being loving good at improv.

the moral is to subscribe to the Patreon. I shall never reveal another detail, except to seduce people to same.

The amount that happened in Ruleshaven vs what Branson had actually planned is incredible, it's a testament to how good they all are at rolling with it and bouncing off ideas. Taylor definitely deserves a lot of credit too for making everything sound planned in the edit

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I don't know who is voicing Swan Boy and I don't know that my brain would accept anyone except Branson

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I really enjoyed the episode, riddles are bullshit in the best way, Albee getting jealous at Champagne saying "im baby" to Cordelia was great and this exchange slayed me:

"You're describing this pineapple man too hot, I swear if I have a sex dream about him-"
"It's fine his cum tastes amazing."

The OTTSOS chat episode was fun as well, some good talkin bout Trek in there

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Working fine in Pocketcasts (Android and Windows 10 clients) for me

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

flavor.flv posted:

I don't know what anybody looks like irl but I would bet my life savings that Ali is taller than Carly. And Branson.

Finally, an excuse to post this amazing cast picture:

Standing l-r: Ali, Tim, Chris, Taylor
Sitting l-r: Joe, Branson, Carly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Loved the new Oh These episode, I initially thought Dr Dewey was a pretty poor second to Threadcount for Chris characters but he's really grown on me lately.

Also the Patreon just updated with mix tapes that Cord and Albee made for each other and it's the most adorable thing