Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I for one found the commercials especially compelling this week, for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

"I feel like there's a high overlap between rude tales fans and people who are casually trying to find out what human meat tastes like"

:hai:

"it is a wife's pleasure to know what her husband might say"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I ended up missing this to chat with friends but I'm looking forward to catching up this afternoon

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Other people Cheddar have hopped into have only had him inside of them for a few seconds or minutes. It's mentioned in a pervious episode (can't remember the exact one) that having Cheddar inside of you does not feel good, but if he's only in there for a brief period you recover quickly. However, the Witch Hunter seems to have been keeping Cheddar trapped inside of Joshy for a long period of time, and apparently having Cheddar inside of you that long leads to some real body horror.

:eyepop:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

Has anyone listened to any of the Talking About series? The only one I've actually listened to is lord of the rings and that was so much fun it's made me wonder if I've been missing out

the Looney Toons one is really good... Branson and Carly geek out about WB cartoon directors. I've never been to summer camp, but I liked that one, too. I think I've skipped the others because I don't know enough about the subjects (but I forgot to listen to the LotR one, so thanks for reminding me).

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

The Rude Tales Patreon give more bang for your buck than any other Patreon, I will fight God on this one.

I signed up for Patreon just for RToM. Black Grail isn't cheap, but holy gently caress do they deliver fantastic content consistently and constantly.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I can't believe that Bofa deez nuts

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

You're thinking of dungeons and daddies

I've been trying to get into that, but I'm bouncing off a bit. should I stick it out?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the "if you stop to gloat, you'll definitely get attacked" was very much a hilarious punishment, but there's no way the rest isn't for narrative

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
new podcast:

https://ohthesethosesavagestars.simplecast.com/

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I listened to the Oh These, Those Stars of Space Patreon episode before the regular episode and I thoroughly recommend it. its plot is directly contingent on the first episode, but it also makes effectively no difference in the listening experience -- very episodic, just like they said in the behind-the-secrets thing.

further, Branson plays a cockroach-man from Philly, so

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
RToC 33/34 just dropped

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
looks as though they'll be doing a Rude Talks of Chatting-style thing on the new Patreon

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Stirfry, the two of us need look no more

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I don't give the slightest poo poo about summer camps, but drat if I didn't enjoy hearing Taylor and Chris talk about 'em

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'm not even finished with the Honey Heist and loving lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

koshmar posted:

Is it just everyone cracking up the whole time? I’m down for that.

when it was billed as "the most Tim Platt thing ever"... I have no way of knowing if this is true, but also I know that it is true.

also lots of everyone cracking up. the players keep loving with him, in the Bello "what's your name?" way but more savage, and his ripostes/interpretations are generally loving golden.

very much worth it if you've got the extra scratch, but I've been subbed forever

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

There's so much to like about honey heist but I think the best part is probably the accurate portrayal of the absolute existential terror that is the only sane reaction to the direct knowledge of God

the (I imagine) improvised god additions made me lol in the actual sense

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
oh: side note for those not on the Patreon: Stir Fry drank the potion from a guy taking a remove curse potion and that was supposed to be the entire joke.

but Chris then noted that SF had been cursed with speech, then there was an off-mic debate, and things shook out as we saw.

so it was neither a Tim punishment nor a purposeful narrative device. it's just these folks being loving good at improv.

the moral is to subscribe to the Patreon. I shall never reveal another detail, except to seduce people to same.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
holy gently caress, animated Swan Boy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTOTF8vM-Iw/

https://mobile.twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1430926485335027726

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
according to the IG link, Marcos Gonzalez is Noel and Sydney Battle is someone. I do not know these voice actors.

Swan Boy is an exaggerated self-insert, down to the Greek last name (Reese is apparently some Ellis Island poo poo) and I'm glad he's voicing him.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Warbird posted:

I didn’t know “Boy” had Greek roots. Weird.

it's unlikely but vaguely possible:

https://www.etymonline.com/word/boy

but that's not his last name :colbert:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"you goatse it open"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"the DM who's not a BM"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Why is the car lock beep on Stir Fry's helicopter so funny to me.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'm enjoying Swan Boy on CAKE. the plots are drawn (heh) from the run of the comic, but changed to better fit the new form

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Party Boat posted:

Finally, an excuse to post this amazing cast picture:

Standing l-r: Ali, Tim, Chris, Taylor
Sitting l-r: Joe, Branson, Carly

isn't that an Orthodox Christ pose Branson is doing?

I love that series of pics.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

um excuse me posted:

In his last live show he is literally carried onto stage in Jesus Christ pose. He later says to hurry up with the intro, "I spent too much time pretending to be Jesus"

that's what made me finally notice it in the cast shots.

I finally bothered to look it up, and yep:

https://www.oca.org/questions/liturgicarts/placement-of-fingers-in-icons

lol

edit: all of this reminds me that Jesus canonically exist(s/ed) in Cordelia

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 15, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

New episode just dropped and things happen in it.

holky gently caress but this is a good episode

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the opening is on the regular feed and is so incredibly stupid (a high compliment in this special case)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Police_monitoring posted:

You can't let yourself be scooped by Branson, like like one of the few fail states. You could sense the fear in Carly and Joe.

it apparently surprised him in turn, too

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
pausing today's episode to ask if we are goddamn doing Pogo in 2021

bc I hope so but

e: no but still nice

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 5, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a couple months ago I had a hankerin' for more Branson and I found this:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/40885741

he's playing a shifty cleric. first one's free, but I ended up playing $5 to subscribe long enough to listen to the other 3 episodes.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Oh These Those Patreon show starting soon

e:

nominally....

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 9, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I heard her name a bunch on Rude Talks and only just learned she was an erstwhile goon a month or so ago

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

RandolphCarter posted:

Finally watching Swanboy and man Jo Firestone as Rona is 5* casting.

I don't know her otherwise, but she's perfect for the role

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
now my argument is that this is the best one of these that's ever been done

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

Dungeons and Daddies did it better imo. They switched character sheets around, so instead of the players playing their usual characters in different bodies, they just played each other's characters. Really showed what they thought about each other

that's what they did in Rude Tales, too :colbert:

flavor.flv posted:

And speaking of, I posted this in that thread a week ago by accident:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r3c8xm4lDq1s6p69d_720.mp4

Sound on

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the voice acting was both funny and apt