Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://rudetalesofmagic.simplecast.com/

Branson Reese and his jester's retinue, Christopher Hastings, Carly Monardo, Tim Platt, Joe Lepore, and Ali Fisher, buck and bumble through the magical backwater world of Cordelia. One hopes you enjoy both japes AND scrapes, because honestly, it would be impossible to disentangle one from the other, given their profound entwinement in this particular piece of entertainment. Produced by Taylor Moore @ Fortunate Horse.

CAST

Albeara "Albee" Dawn is played by Carly Monardo. She's a fawn, is extremely excitable, gets perfect grades, and REALLY wants to know if you've heard about her idol Kreedis (The Hero Monk of the four elements). If this podcast were an anime she would probably be the main character.

Cordelia Sasquatch is played by Ali Fisher. Best friend of Albee. Grew up alone never knowing another member of her kind and thus lacks social skills. Has recently made a demonic deal with an entity known as Cheddar where she hands out coupons for his restaurant in Hell in exchange for magic powers that she can't fully control.

Bellow is played by Joe Lepore. Bellow is a super sexy and almost psychotically chill Tiefling. What he lacks in brains he more than makes up for in looking good without a shirt on. Albee has a painfully obvious crush on him that he is blissfully unaware of.

Frederick de Bonesby is played by Christopher Hastings. Mr. de Bonesby was once a powerful noble man and wizard, but then he tried to turn himself into a lich and hosed it up so now he's just a skeleton man who's lost most of his magic. Kind of an rear end in a top hat in a major way. When he still had his powers he used them to teach a bird to speak, and that bird was...

Stirfry is played by Tim Platt. You will hate Stirfry, and then you will love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Skunk the orphan girl has such a great voice.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Boat posted:

I binged through Rude Tales while doing mindless work from home poo poo and it rules. DM and players alike are endlessly creative and you can tell that it's been ruthlessly edited because it keeps a fantastic pace at all times. I'm very excited to hear more of Ali's horrible harpy laugh in this spinoff.

Also I'm sad because now I have to wait for new episodes like every other schmuck.

God, I know that feeling. Going from having a big backlog of episodes to having to wait two weeks for more of this show is the worst.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I listened to the newest episode while exercising and the dust conversation made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off a treadmill.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Valleyant posted:

As an unapologetic bosstones fan, what a good episode :allears:

Same, got a huge stupid grin on my face when I realized what was being referenced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0

Same with the Reel Big Fish song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKbFMvkLIc

Ska lives on in my heart.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tim Platt has a real talent for creating just the most pathetic characters.

Ali Fisher breaking character to declare "it's just too sad" was highly relatable.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awww, poor Grimothee.

Also, here's an animatic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVcTKb_3PW4

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I gotta be honest, I kind of don't blame Smellulus for making the choice he did.

Also, he got to kiss a dragon and a free turtle, things are working out well for him so far.

Edit:

Oh! The turtle is named Little one! and that huge turtle in the sewer was named Little one! Calling it now, same turtle.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 29, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

I really wanted Smelulus to marry the two mothers together so they would both be the mother.

I thought the exact same thing!

Also, Deli is officially the best character.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

I also was hoping for a different answer to the trolly problem. Like "take your friends place" or "ask them to move off the tracks".

"Just push him out of the way!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just a reminder, still time to buy tickets for the liveshow on Friday: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rude-tales-of-magic-live-828-tickets-114825552318?aff=erelexpmlt

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

Any idea if there will be a replay of the liveshow 6PM is a bit early.

Like other people have said it's going to be available as a download after the fact. Which is good because New York time means 8 is 6 for a lot of people and 4 for a lot of others.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Heads up, online live show is starting soon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just 5 minutes to go.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Toebone posted:

Isn't it at 9?

Yeah, sorry, on the invite it say 7:30 for some reason

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Words of encouragement from Shaggy 2 Dope about bones is just what I needed in these trying times.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Let's go out to the lobby!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bought a small poster, now I can show my love for this show via hanging it on a wall.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

deadpan posted:

I haven't heard any of their discussion podcasts, but I remember reading somewhere that Tim wanted to do a super unlikable character after Stirfry became a fan favorite and that drove his choices for Smellulus.

And I'd suspected it all along, but the scene with the jester convinced me he based a lot of him on unfunny, insufferable people who insist on doing improv comedy. You know the type, paying for classes and going to competitions, but just completely talentless and delusional.

Hey, it's Tim's own fault that Stirfry became so drat loveable :colbert: He knows what he did.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DoubleDonut posted:

Smellulus is great, specifically because the entire time I was listening to Come at the King I just kept repeating "who could be worse than Smellulus?"

And the answer is that Smellulus could.

I kept thinking he had hit the bottom, and he kept going lower.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I got "Davo".

"You love to drink beer, go with the flow, and get killed. Party on!" I can live with that, or rather die with that I guess.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I was kind of surprised at first when Bellow got angry, but yeah he had some valid complaints. If I was stuck having to tend bar with Stirfry to pay rent while the rest of the team just did anime training montages I'd be pissed too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flipcup is all grown up! And eating human flesh!

New live show: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rude-tales-of-magic-live-fright-of-the-living-dread-tickets-125058819295

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Boat posted:

Speaking of, here's the link to the previous live show: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/escapefromplanettime

£2.33 in UK money, I just need to find time to watch it. I might not be able to see the new one either so hopefully they do the same with that.

There's really no reason for them not to sell the Halloween show too, unless they hate money.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I can't decide if I want Stirfry to succeed in his quest to form a genuine emotional connection with Mr. De Bonesby or fail.

One the one hand him succeeding would be a very sweet ending to a long emotional arc, on the other hand him failing and realizing sometimes you're just never going to have the kind of relationship with someone that you want and having to finally fully move on would also be very real and powerful.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The live show is about to start, get ready for spooks!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DoctorWhat posted:

ahahaha the stream got DMCA'd

Really hoping they fix this.

Edit:

There we go!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr Christmas posted:

Here’s some awesome fan art:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ226j3hQe0

The artist, James Trofe, has done a few other Rude Tales animations as well.

Desert driving ASMR.

This is also a good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGXwJ_nE-qE

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode, Bellow is super mature and has a lot of emotional intelligence, also he's a good friend :unsmith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Albee and Bellow, hanging out and kicking rocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhmTJvi-Rew

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw drat it, this is a terrible time to have no money....

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomFerret posted:

Anybody listen to the podcast in the ad this week? Dark Dice I think it was called?

Sounds like an interesting premise

I did, and yeah it did sound interesting and I'd like to check it out.

But much like you I can't remember the name.

Man, I know they just did a live stream, but I already want them to do another live stream. I'm hoping they do a christmas one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The new Rude Tales of Magic brought me a significant amount of joy.

It's just so happy!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

The miniseries is also good. Everyone loves Deli and hates Smellulous

I actually love Smellulous, he's a horrible elephant man but an amazing character. Tim Plat made some really bold choices and they paid off in a wonderful way.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Happy Landfill posted:

Got my thunderlingus shirt in the mail today :rock: :rock:

Nice! I got my Bellow tank top recently! Still waiting on my tie dye Riddle Guy shirt though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

redcheval posted:

Does anyone know off hand which episodes have the little ‘inside Stir Fry’s head a bunch of wild stuff is going on’ vignettes? There was one in the last episode with a boiling cauldron and diving fish and stuff. There’s at least one other (with a castle I think? Marshmallows were involved possibly?) I want to hear again. Were there any more than those two?

I JUST ordered that Bellow tank and I am super excited to receive it. I’m very into my Bless Us Hell Rules tank and I hope they keep the tank designs comin.

I think the castle one was in The Shish Kebab Express, but I'm not sure.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

redcheval posted:

I juuust stumbled across it and you're right, Shish Kebab Express it is! I find these so silly and cute, I hope they keep popping up.

Me too! I think those are the only two there's been so far, but hopefully we get more.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

redcheval posted:

I now reveal THE REAL reason for my inquiry into this matter...

It’s cause I wanted to make a cute cartoon of it

Holy heck! This is adorable and the animation is gorgeous! You should tweet or email or something this to the Rudetales crew because it's great and I bet they would get a kick out of seeing it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flipcup is a big boy now! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

....Huh, I never thought about how Cordelia putting coins on peoples eyes might be sending people to Hell who might not otherwise go there. That's, uh, yeah, that's upsetting.