Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I don't want this to be a show based on recontextualized alt rock radio hits of the mid to late 90s and early 00s but here we are and I'm not mad.

I'm not super hot on Smellulus but gosh with Jean-Luc. "I really liked you!"

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I gotta be honest, I kind of don't blame Smellulus for making the choice he did.

Shooters shoot, baby, you know it!!!!

I wasn't really liking this mini-season, but hoo boy, this episode turned that RIGHT around

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I was just so, so happy Tim rolled like poo poo that episode. "A twoooooooooooo."

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Party Boat posted:

I was able to justify the :10bux: from my fun budget, listened to the most recent Rude Talks which were great and I'll definitely check out that Vampire play. Is there an RSS feed I can plug into my podcasting app of choice? I guess that might be difficult to paywall.

When you sign up on Patreon, they'll give you an RSS feed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Great, great episode, loved Chris' "Oh, what have I done" when he realized Branson was going to make him improvise the Riddle Guy history.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Warbird posted:

Oh poo poo did they bring back Diarrhea Planet back for an encore?

It's a line from the episode.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Hell rules.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cock and Balls.

:hmmyes:

I don't know if there will ever be anything better on this show than the brief pause every time Joe says "What's your name?"

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The latest Rude Chats of Leveling was manic in a good way. Patreon is a good spend, y'all.

"It's called overdraft protection, and it's for weaklings."

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, Rude Tales of Magic!!!! 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Does YOUR favorite actual play podcast have a Tolstoy quote and a giant flesh kaiju piloted by a near-man called Brian gently caress? Not if it's not this one, baby.

I did laugh hardest at NPC Joe Lepore

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ainsley McTree posted:

What's the sign say? Eggs and chips and boiled...I can't make out the last word

Cake.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DashingGentleman posted:

I love Rude Tales dearly, but found the lasers and feelings bonus episodes impossible to focus on. Just attention Teflon. Same with the new episode. Has anybody else been enjoying it?

I like Lasers And Feelings as a one-shot because they're so disposable, but if they're just going to be doing it over and over, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We'll see.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Honey Heist is unhinged, my goodness

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Did you like this episode? May I suggest Fantastic Fungi on Netflix?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

flavor.flv posted:

I don't know what anybody looks like irl but I would bet my life savings that Ali is taller than Carly. And Branson.

Branson is 6'3".

I finally got around to listening to the last Rude Talks and man, that's the stuff I pay extra for, I gar-on-tee

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
He's a good DM.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Terrible Night: I appreciate Tim making the building literally linear so people have to follow his predetermined path. That's good DMing.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
End of Crossroads did the credits get wonky for anyone else? i was expecting something to happen but then it didn't?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Paper Tiger posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was keeping an ear out for switching around the cast members to say "Carly Monardo as Bellow", etc., but maybe they couldn't re-record that and ended up just applying distortion on top.

Yeah, this was what I was expecting, too!

Also I'm catching up on the last few Swan Boys and one of the talking heads in the Guitarmageddon episode is wearing a Thunderlingus shirt :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
give the man some money

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
A tense episode made more terribly wonderful by an amazing soundtrack. I felt like I was listening to a podcast with the Ape Out music generation.

And we got a ringtone!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
amazing episode, abosolutely popped for "trouble is a fake thing for children."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
From the Patreon, had no idea since I don't hang on the Discord:

quote:

Release Update from the Rude
Crew
3 minutes ago
Dear Friends & Enemies, Hello! We know you may have been wondering what's going on in the world of Rude Tales of Magic. We'd wonder too! There haven't been any episodes since February 26th. We have good news to report on that front!
Rude Tales is resuming regular programming in May. Our next episodes are locked and loaded, and we have Some bonus treats ready to go too! We're returning to our biweekly release schedule and can't wait for you to hear what we've got in store. If you're on the discord, you know that Taylor Moore and Fortunate Horse left Rude Tales and Oh These, Those Stars of Space. Over the past month, Ali, Branson, Carly, Chris, Joe, and Tim have been busy forming a new company. We now own both shows and we're so excited to be producing them under our brand new business- Bucket of Milk. Were sorry for the radio silence and we hope you understand that we needed to go dark while we saw that process through. We're glad Taylor is prioritizing his health, and you can still hear his magnificent production in Worlds Beyond Number. We want to thank you so much for sticking with us these last few months- we're so grateful for your patience, kindness, enthusiasm and support! We'll see you on the main feed on Tuesday fora little something fun! We have such Rude Tales to tell you..