Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hiram posted:

I was playing with the idea of giving every promotion a weekly television show to even the playing field.

That's definitely a possibility but the more I think about it the more I like having PWG or GCW as a different option with a less involved schedule if someone wants to take that chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

karmicknight posted:

If PWG were to maintain the regular business model there should be some way of maintaining the "yeah sure, you can work a PWG weekend" deal, which should be relatively do-able if goons control most of the "major" promotions.

CZW as an "important" indie in 2019???

Hey, they're 4th on the List Of Indies in the Indy thread title!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Another thing we should probably consider is who each promotion's player avatar will be, and whether we're coming as new booker or new owner (who is also booker). The Monday Night Wars game had us as Bischoff and Russo booking but subject to the owner, which meant we had owner goals to fulfill. That does add some challenge, but it does come with the risk of the player avatar getting fired, so Hiram may prefer to have our player avatars be the promotion's new owners to avoid that. As far as I'm aware, player avatars can't die, so that's one problem we won't be running into.

Either way, since we've narrowed down the set of promotions we're using, I'd like to call my spot on the ROH team, newly booked or owned by Terry Funk

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

I Before E posted:

Another thing we should probably consider is who each promotion's player avatar will be, and whether we're coming as new booker or new owner (who is also booker). The Monday Night Wars game had us as Bischoff and Russo booking but subject to the owner, which meant we had owner goals to fulfill. That does add some challenge, but it does come with the risk of the player avatar getting fired, so Hiram may prefer to have our player avatars be the promotion's new owners to avoid that. As far as I'm aware, player avatars can't die, so that's one problem we won't be running into.

Either way, since we've narrowed down the set of promotions we're using, I'd like to call my spot on the ROH team, newly booked or owned by Terry Funk

This is true. I will probably let you guys decide as teams who you want to use as your avatar. I will say that you will be the owners of the promotions to avoid any bullshittery.

And that's fine with me! I will add your name to the ROH list.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
If we're calling our shots, I'll throw out being part of team All Elite Wrestling under the watchful eyes of "owner" Tony Schiavone. (Or Tony Khan if we're being boring)

Sanguinia posted:

Hey, they're 4th on the List Of Indies in the Indy thread title!

MRT included the corpse of NOVA pro on that list, it's not very comprehensive.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think the best scenario I can come up with for starting this is it's Jan 1st, 2020 and WWE started to bleed out in 2021, hit with a lawsuit that released all talent of their contracts and NXT only exists as a brand because it's owned by Triple H himself. That's also a decent explanation of why there's people missing or there's new stars on every company and if people feel up to it, can give some brief explanation as to what's happened in their company from mid 2020 to Jan 1st, 2022.

It gives people the option to either start totally fresh at the start of the year and have their "First shows ever" or just fill in some blanks and and start in the middle of some storylines.

There's only one particular two-month long story I want to write and AEW has most of the roster I want to write for but if I can't get on that boat I'll just pick a different promotion and pray I get some of the people I want to write for. It's pretty silly but I don't need all the top-tier talent to do it so if someone wants to write for the Women's or World title pictures it probably won't interrupt anything.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I think whether we do that sort of time skip is dependent on whether companies want some continuity with their past or whether they want to do a full 2000 WCW clearing of the decks. I'd be fine with doing that with ROH, and whoever has MLW would probably love not to have to deal with Teddy Hart any more than necessary, but if we're doing a Six Months Later anime time skip, that may inconvenience an AEW team that just wants to start with something that resembles current AEW.

E: oh I completely misread your timeline. Given how many people immediately retired when I started an April 2020 AEW game I don't think suddenly going two and a half years forward would be a good idea. If we're doing a time skip, January 2020 is probably the best bet. Gives enough time for us to understand that the landscape has changed drastically in that time without getting bogged down in backstory or having a bunch of older talent suddenly drop out of every promotion in February, or at least minimizing the chances of that happening.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 18, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I Before E posted:

I think whether we do that sort of time skip is dependent on whether companies want some continuity with their past or whether they want to do a full 2000 WCW clearing of the decks. I'd be fine with doing that with ROH, and whoever has MLW would probably love not to have to deal with Teddy Hart any more than necessary, but if we're doing a Six Months Later anime time skip, that may inconvenience an AEW team that just wants to start with something that resembles current AEW.
Even in real-life the time-skip/soft reboot is sort of inevitable with how many people on most rosters that aren't able to travel; even if you pick up AEW and run it as-is in 2020 you have to work back to all the stuff they planned to do before Covid hit like the big Inner Circle/Elite blowoff in Wargames or scrap it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Even in real-life the time-skip/soft reboot is sort of inevitable with how many people on most rosters that aren't able to travel; even if you pick up AEW and run it as-is in 2020 you have to work back to all the stuff they planned to do before Covid hit like the big Inner Circle/Elite blowoff in Wargames or scrap it.

Oh for sure if they're going for a one to one booking situation that looks like now it'll be a nightmare, especially if they're also bringing in some ex-WWE talent, but I meant more like if they want champs roughly in the same place as they were in early January so they can go forward with the talent they have.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

Either way, since we've narrowed down the set of promotions we're using...

Have we? I just did the list of the most obvious US promotions because I didn't want to spend another 2-3 hours on an even longer post. If WWE went completely extinct, one would have to consider New Japan and AAA would probably want to try moving into the power vacuum to challenge AEW and the rest of the american scene for dominance in the American market. CMLL could then in turn try and seize Mexican wrestling by the throat while AAA has its attention and resources divided, just as other big or ambitious promotions like NOAH, All Japan, Wrestle-1 or Dragon Gate might seek to expand in Japan while NJPW is looking to foreign shores.

The collapse of WWE would also have a profound impact on the British market and Women's Wrestling. NXT UK decimated the British Indy scene, and that in turn has allowed the strongest survivor, RevPro, to extend virtual dominance over the market through their partnership with New Japan. If WWE died, Progress and ICW would see their de facto subsumation by NXTUK end, and that would be a serious threat to RevPro, not to mention the revived World of Sport could see a flood of talent which might justify them getting a second season of TV.

As for women's wrestling, WWE dying AFTER Mania 35 means the possibility of a Women's Wrestling Renaissance, in which an all-women company could rise to dominance through the sudden availability of superstar talent. AEW couldn't afford to vacuum up ALL the major women's talent since they have a lot of other pots on the burners, and that means that some of the biggest women stars would have to ask themselves if they are better off trying to succeed in a division ROH has botched at every turn, a division Impact has occasionally treated well but comes with the price of risking working for Impact, or if they want to take a chance of being the one to spearhead an All Women Company to superstar status. If a Tony Khan-esque Money Mark roll the bones on making Stardom, Shimmer, or Pro Wrestling Eve a Serious Thing, they could take the fight to any other promotion on earth with a star like Becky, Charlotte or Ronda at the head.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Have we? I just did the list of the most obvious US promotions because I didn't want to spend another 2-3 hours on an even longer post.

I just meant that we'd settled on a current setting with current workers and companies and not some sort of greatest hits historical mix, not that all the teams were set

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Yeah, I think we've settled on promotions. I updated the OP with new info. And I hope you don't mind, Sanguinia, but I quoted your write up in the OP. It was really good.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Hiram posted:

Yeah, I think we've settled on promotions. I updated the OP with new info. And I hope you don't mind, Sanguinia, but I quoted your write up in the OP. It was really good.

No problem! If you want I can do a little something for New Japan and add on to what you put out for Shimmer and AAA to complete the post tomorrow. I have to do Warcraft Things tonight. Also might want to delete the bit about NWA if they're not going to be a playable faction.

Poor Nick Aldis. :qq:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I mean if someone is interested in playing as the NWA we haven't taken any steps that would make that impossible yet, we're just penciling things in.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

No problem! If you want I can do a little something for New Japan and add on to what you put out for Shimmer and AAA to complete the post tomorrow. I have to do Warcraft Things tonight. Also might want to delete the bit about NWA if they're not going to be a playable faction.

Poor Nick Aldis. :qq:

That would be tremendous! I would appreciate that very much if you get the chance!

Also, I totally meant to take MLW off instead of NWA. I fixed that. Thank you, friend!

edit:

So I screwed up. There are slots for up to 8 players. So we will have to decide which of these promotions we don't want to run. I suppose it will be the one with the fewest number of people on it. I'm sorry, guys. I should have double checked.

Hiram fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 18, 2020

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

karmicknight posted:

If we're calling our shots, I'll throw out being part of team All Elite Wrestling under the watchful eyes of "owner" Tony Schiavone. (Or Tony Khan if we're being boring)

If we're starting to pick teams, I guess I'm in for AEW to hang out with karmicknight and offer bad ideas.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I’d like to throw in with the ROH team to bring back the former glory of a once-great promotion and to show once and for all I’m a better booker than Delirious. All glory to the immortal Terry Funk.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I Before E posted:

I mean if someone is interested in playing as the NWA we haven't taken any steps that would make that impossible yet, we're just penciling things in.

If no one takes NWA, I want it returned to prominence under the leadership of one Bruce Tharpe.

Caveat, can we also still have Billy Corgan :v:

I also really want to book :aronrex:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 18, 2020

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sign me up for NJPW please. Gedo (or someone else) will continue to lead them to new heights.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Well, it looks like nobody else-uh is going to step up-uh to the plate so I have to steer THIS BUSINESS-uh

May I join (or start, i guess) the NXT committee?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Xerzes posted:

If we're starting to pick teams, I guess I'm in for AEW to hang out with karmicknight and offer bad ideas.

hell yeah. I believe in team

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'll do AAA and make it a lucha underground revival. Who's with me?

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I'll take a spot in New Japan or really I can join any team that needs another member

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Tbh none of these promotions really do it for me so take me off of the playerbase. Have fun, though, everyone.

If any promotion fails to gain traction, can you add Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling as a smaller company instead? It'd only be like 20 wrestlers and I can run it myself if need be. I'd be content skipping the draft or drafting last because I want to run a tiny promotion.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 19, 2020

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I have created a More-final Draft of my other Effort Post describing the State Of Affairs In Wrestling 2019. Here is a Doc's link so I don't eat up another giant chunk of page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rAMwUo0fa1KGCJD6v5YZv8j46Xj23R0SCvErayHLFyQ/edit?usp=sharing

Hiram, feel free to use that in the OP should you so desire. It might also be wise to start a new thread for the actual game once we're done setting everything up here.

As for myself, I would be very interested in running World of Stardom and trying to take on everyone else in the race to take WWE's place with an All-Girls Fed.

I thought about doing Shimmer, but Stardom has cooler title belt names. :)

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

I have created a More-final Draft of my other Effort Post describing the State Of Affairs In Wrestling 2019. Here is a Doc's link so I don't eat up another giant chunk of page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rAMwUo0fa1KGCJD6v5YZv8j46Xj23R0SCvErayHLFyQ/edit?usp=sharing

Hiram, feel free to use that in the OP should you so desire. It might also be wise to start a new thread for the actual game once we're done setting everything up here.

As for myself, I would be very interested in running World of Stardom and trying to take on everyone else in the race to take WWE's place with an All-Girls Fed.

I thought about doing Shimmer, but Stardom has cooler title belt names. :)

That all sounds like a solid plan to me. Thank you very much, my friend!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd like to join team STARDOM instead of the TJPW idea I had because Sang is a good writer I can bounce ideas off of.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

I'd like to join team STARDOM instead of the TJPW idea I had because Sang is a good writer I can bounce ideas off of.

Glad to have you aboard! :hfive:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

*checks the op*

Ahh, my previous paragraph formatting! :qq:

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

*checks the op*

Ahh, my previous paragraph formatting! :qq:

Yeah there was a weird problem when I went to copy paste. Lesson learned. Always preview post.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This would've been the perfect time to have just merged NJPW and STARDOM since they're owned by the same company now. but too many people have signed up for one or the other and probably don't have much interest in writing for the other brands.

If you want oddball stuff with an existing roster/legacy, GCW runs all sorts of different types of stuff by association like Joey Janella's Spring Break, Tournament of Survival and the Backyard Wrestling BBQ they ran last year or what could've been Effy's Big Gay Brunch

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

RealFoxy posted:

This would've been the perfect time to have just merged NJPW and STARDOM since they're owned by the same company now. but too many people have signed up for one or the other and probably don't have much interest in writing for the other brands.

If you want oddball stuff with an existing roster/legacy, GCW runs all sorts of different types of stuff by association like Joey Janella's Spring Break, Tournament of Survival and the Backyard Wrestling BBQ they ran last year or what could've been Effy's Big Gay Brunch

Technically Bushiroad didn't buy Stardom until 4 months after the June 2019 starting point. They were probably in negotiations by that point, but still.

Anyway if I hadn't volunteered for Stardom it would have been Shimmer or Pro Wrestling EVE. I wanted to do an all-female fed in this Warring States nonsense. See what I can accomplish with one or two of Vince's top women stars and a roster in the scramble to fill the WWE vacuum. That's just an exciting concept to me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RealFoxy posted:

Also, there's no real benefit to either roster to merging. You balloon up the roster for no benefit, leading to your twice as much talent to share the same time, and all so that you can get main event stardom talent on the undercard of a New Japan show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh, something I thought of, because a lot of databases do this, is make sure that all the rosters are up to date, because sometimes they just update the ones they care about, and leave a lot of smaller promotions to rot.

I checked a 2019 TEW2013 Database to see and it still had Kyoko Kimura (retired January 2017) as an active wrestler for STARDOM.

This doesn't just affect the smaller promotions either, Io Shirai was billed as still in STARDOM and not NXT despite debuting in 2018.

For comparison, the TEW2016 July 2019 Real World Mod database (Kyoko is listed as a retired road agent):

Just a heads up.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Does TEW allow for Super Shows like the kind AJPW & NJPW did in the early 90s?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Does TEW allow for Super Shows like the kind AJPW & NJPW did in the early 90s?

You can lend talent between rosters, although it's then up to the booking promotion on how to handle said talent (as ECW we lent a lot of our talent to NJPW for what Happy booked as a cross-promotion war).

You can reach verbal agreements between promotions, but we also had Edge do a pipebomb on the WWF main event scene during the Monday Night Wars game.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

NJPW/STARDOM/NWA/AEW Super Show Clash In North Korea here we go!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hear Saudi Arabia is looking for some new events after a certain fall-through :v:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I hear Saudi Arabia is looking for some new events after a certain fall-through :v:

Luckily the middle east isn't even part of the game world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought we were just doing random teams but since we're all picking, please put me on team ECWNWA