Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

attack of the roooooh. attack.

roh pronounced "roe"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ROH has put a lot of money into its Fire PNG department

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

ROH has put a lot of money into its Fire PNG department

Remember that one family guy gag when the dog gets brown wrapping for christmas in the shape of a wine bottle and then opens it and somehow its a book inside?

That's the feeling I get when I look at that sillouette.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 1, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

can't believe RoH would so blatantly steal an NWA gimmick like that

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

can't believe RoH would so blatantly steal an NWA gimmick like that

Vacant has no company loyalties

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sanguinia posted:

Remember that one family guy gag when the dog gets brown wrapping for christmas in the shape of a wine bottle and then opens it and somehow its a book inside?

That's the feeling I get when I look at that sillouette.

Thank you for bringing the existence of the silhouette to my attention.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Corgan and Tharpe Productions posted:

Alright wrestling fans! Get ready for all new NWA Power, coming to you live every Tuesday night from the comfort of your own home!

To kick off we'll have world-renowned former tag team champions, The New Day, welcome you to an action-packed two hours.

What better way to kick off our show than kick-starting a tournament to determine the number one contenders to face the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Eli Drake and James Storm. We'll see high-octane action as Eddie Kingston and Homicide, Outlaw Inc., square off against Santana and Ortiz, the Latin American Xchange!*

That's not all folks! There's gold on the line as the NWA World Television Champion, "Outlandish" Zicky Dice, defends his title against Matt "The Havoc" Cross!*

What's better than one title match? How about the NWA National Champion, Aron Stevens, putting up his title up against Mr. Tharpe's latest client, Yoshitatsu!*

Be sure to tune in as well to see the NWA World's Women Champion, Thunder Rosa, cut some choice words on incoming talent that she claims are nipping at her heels.

All this and more, this upcoming Tuesday! Tune in and catch us live, you've got the Power!

*Card subject to change.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

January 3-4, 2020

Taco Bell's NEW Double Beefy Nacho Buffalo Crunch Wrap Gordita Pizza
&
NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING
PRESENT:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 14
"Double Gold Dash!"
Live from The Tokyo Dome
Two nights, HUGE ACTION

Matches include:

NIGHT 1:

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada(c)

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Tetsuya Naito vs Jay White(c)

IWGP LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CAREER VS TITLE MATCH!
Jushin Thunder Liger vs Hiromu Takahashi

EXCITING FIRST TIME EVER
STARDOM Special Exhibition Match!

And many more exciting matches!

NIGHT 2:

THE ACE VERSUS THE PHENOM
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs The Undertaker

LOSERS GRUDGE MATCH
Loser of Intercontinental challenge vs Loser of Heavyweight challenge from Night 1

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT AND INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP DOUBLE GOLD CHALLENGE
Night 1 Winner vs Winner
BEST 2 OUT 3 FALLS!

And more!

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 1, 2020

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
[

Senerio fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 1, 2020

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6I5Ryv7Ip4

For almost 8 years, Adult Swim's been building you a better cartoon show.

But now... things are about to get REAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR2eGo17yGY
Mayu Iwatani is an ordinary Japanese Girl.
She likes sweets

She walks her dog every day

And... oh yeah...

She happens to be the STARDOM World Champion.

In the world of Joshi Puroresu, being the Champ means living with a target on your back

And Momo Watanabe...

and Kagetsu...

would do anything to reach the top of the mountain, and claim Mayu's gold for themselves.

Momo: I make sure everyone Bows Down to the Queens!

Kagetsu: Lord Kagetsu knows that if you half-rear end it and win... you still win!

The Squared Circle is a battlefield. And STARS...

Oedo-Tai...

and Queen's Quest are ready for war!

Mayu: Everyone... GOOD EVENING! BELIEVE TODAY!...
Crowd: SHINE TOMORROW!

"We Are Stardom." Premiering this Saturday at 9pm

I believe this ring... reflects life.

ONLY TOONAMI. [ADULT SWIM].

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 1, 2020

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to share this game with the world but the only people I know who would get it are already here.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sanguinia posted:

We Are STARDOM for 1/4 is Steve Blum reminding us that A Girl Has The Right To Dream

This Saturday its a 1-2 Punch of STARDOM's launch onto the world stage! First, in just a couple of hours at Wrestle Kingdom we'll see a 6-Woman Tag match featuring all of STARDOM's faction leaders, as well as two of their hottest new talents the former Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks. No pre-show match here folks, this is the real thing! With one of the match's participants having to retire at the last minute, everyone is watching to see who appears in that coveted 6th slot! Will it be former Faction Leader Jungle Kyona? Rumors continue to circulate that Charlotte Flair is in Japan. She wasn't drafted by STARDOM so there's no confirmation that she's on their roster, but she did make a real salty tweet about how some people don't appreciate what they have. Or maybe it'll be something totally out of left field! Who knows?

But what we're here for is what comes after that: the world premier of We Are STARDOM, the company's retooled weekly TV series, on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim's Toonami programming block! Show starts at 9pm EST, 10am Sunday Morning JST

Here's what we know about the show so far:

So lets get hype!

Sanguinia posted:

Social Media Roundup:

t: I promise my first pick will be big news! STARS will be leading the way in America everyone!

t: I'm honored to wrestle the first new TV match! I won't let you down Queen's Quest!

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 1, 2020

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cool

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sanguinia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6I5Ryv7Ip4

For almost 8 years, Adult Swim's been building you a better cartoon show.

But now... things are about to get REAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR2eGo17yGY
Mayu Iwatani is an ordinary Japanese Girl.
She likes sweets

She walks her dog every day

And... oh yeah...

She happens to be the STARDOM World Champion.

In the world of Joshi Puroresu, being the Champ means living with a target on your back

And Momo Watanabe...

and Kagetsu...

would do anything to reach the top of the mountain, and claim Mayu's gold for themselves.

Momo: I make sure everyone Bows Down to the Queens!

Kagetsu: Lord Kagetsu knows that if you half-rear end it and win... you still win!

The Squared Circle is a battlefield. And STARS...

Oedo-Tai...

and Queen's Quest are ready for war!

Mayu: Everyone... GOOD EVENING! BELIEVE TODAY!...
Crowd: SHINE TOMORROW!

"We Are Stardom." Premiering this Saturday at 9pm

I believe this ring... reflects life.

ONLY TOONAMI. [ADULT SWIM].
:vince:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
from The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > Spoilers thread - Rovert was right [no spoiler tags]

karmicknight posted:

AEW Dark Spoilers from the 1/1 Dyanmite taping:

+ Joey Janela and Private Party started things off with a promo to the crowd that was interupted by Peter Avalon and Leva Bates, who's heel promo allowed for Chris Brookes and Masa Takanashi (!) to jump the babyfaces in the ring. Bryce Remsberg breaks it up and the match begins.

+ Private Party and Joey Janela defeat Peter Avalon and the Calamari Drunken Kings when Marq Quen pins Peter Avalon following the Gin and Juice. Other feature spots include a wild triple team from Private Party and Janela on Avalon, and a beer spit mix-up thanks to Leva Bates.

+ Jimmy Havoc defeats "Long Haul" Lenny Broadway (get it? Also, couldn't find out who was playing Broadway) after a pinfall off the Acid Rainmaker. So the match basically focused on Havoc getting across his new, more hybridized, style of sadistic matwork and small bits of kind of gross cheating. No really big spots of note, but Havoc did have something small he used on one of Broadway's fingers.

+ So, before Joe Hendry vs. Michael Nakazawa, a video got played with Joe Hendry doing his parody song gimmick from the British indies. It seemed to be called "Oil!" and done to the tune of Help! by the Beatles. Sounds interesting at the very least.

+ Michael Nakazawa defeats Joe Hendry after a DDT. Match focused on Hendry integating into the Nakazawa comedy bits, he counted the venom arm and managed to out-wrestle and oiled up Nakazawa at one point. Nakazawa still ended up putting him away and the DDT was said to have been "pretty gnarly looking" by the crowd.

+ Butcher and Blade, The Hybrid 2, and Speedball Mike Bailey (w/ The Bunny) defeat Sonny Kiss, Brandon Cutler, Still Life with Apricots and Pears, and Warhausen when Jack Evans pins Brandon Cutler after Cutler ate the Butcher and the Blade's weird suplex dropped on the double knees. Lots of wild spots in this one, with each of the teams getting a chance to shine and some nice teamwork from Cutlter and Kiss (who squared up as the "other" tag team on the babyface side). Kind of sad that Cutler ate the pin, but good to see Evans (and Angelico) seeming to get a bit of a push.

from OP of The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > AEW Discussion for 1/1: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEW!!!!

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dynamite came to us from Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida for the "Homecoming" episode. Despite the Homecoming moniker it looks like Cody didn't get his big push for some wild college football references, but either way here is what happened.

- - -

After a new intro (still lighting the fuse and bringing the boom, however) that seems to have replaced the talent that was lost, it cuts into a quick video package recapping the Cody vs. Darby Allin feud. Focusing on the draw at FyterFest and the tag team match against the Butcher and the Blade where they teamed up to get this rematch. Good talking from Cody and really sold Darby as relentless and unstoppable.

Cody vs. Darby Allin

Match starts with Cody and Darby circling each other, before Cody begins working down Darby with some amateur grappling. Honestly happy that Taz was in attenedence, because he was doing a very good job of selling the strategy of this opening sequence. It all builds up to an Alabama Slam from Cody that gets two.

Cody goes back on the attack, only for Darby to reverse a stalling suplex into a stunner and begin his first real bit of shine that ends with Darby trying to set up the Coffin Drop only for Cody to roll out of the ring. Darby still took him out with a dive to the outside.

After a long tease of a double countout and then Darby Allin countout loss, both guys make it back to the ring where Darby doesn't slow down until Cody catches him off the ropes with a Dustin-esque spinning power slam that gets two. Cody is visibly frustrated now after two pretty big shots that haven't been able to down Darby.

He signals to the crowd for the CrossRhodes, only for Darby to counter it when he goes for it. Darby gets control of the match with some very dangerous looking bodyblocks that knock Cody down. Darby goes for an arm trap submission, but Cody gets to the ropes.

Time is ticking down as Cody gets control back with the flip, flop and fly sequence, followed by the Beautiful Disaster kick, and manages to hit the CrossRhodes. However the time it takes him to pull Darby out from the ropes is enough to allow time to expire.

Result: Cody Rhodes drew with Darby Allin when the time limit expired.

- - -

Following the match, we get a video package featuring Excalibur, the Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, and SoCal Uncensored talking about AEW's recent signing (or whatever you call what AEW social media actually referred to as "activating our trap card") Zack Sabre Jr. They used mostly clips from his title reign from PWG, didn't have him appear in anything but archive footage, but the video was still cool as you had all of these established names in AEW talking up this technical wizard who is also a giant dickhead. Makes me look forward to seeing him wrestle Chris Daniels next week (which might have been why SCU was tapped to talk about him).

- - -

AEW Women's World title match: Nyla Rose vs. Hikaru Shida vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD vs. Riho

Match starts off wild as all four women run through each other going for a big early shot. Shida looks the best off from the exchange as her runing knee just looks to have killed Dr. Baker. Nyla and Riho continue to work fantastically together, Nyla knocked Riho down during the four-way strike exchange, but Riho refused to say die and ended up working with Shida to take down Rose to end the sequence.

With Rose and Baker cleared Shida and Riho get some time to just increase the intesity with their striking exchange. The increase in intensity allows for Baker to sneak a pin on Riho after a knee from Shida, only for Shida and Rose to break up the pin.

Rose gets her time to shine after breaking up the pinfall, controlling the match with a series of power moves leading into Rose hitting the diving knee onto Shida and Riho. Dr. Baker took this opportunity to try and pin Hikaru Shida, with Nyla Rose breaking it up.

The finish comes when Shida and Rose knee strike each other to death, and when Dr. Baker went to get a pinfall, Riho was able to roll Dr. Baker up for the pin.

Result: Riho pins Dr. Britt Baker DMD to retain her title.

- - -

#JoinDarkOrder video plays showcasing the good and ill the Dark Order could bring to your life, as well as showcasing a dark and brooding figure at the center of the Dark Order, exalted as the leader and the ideal that all the Dark Order should strive to achieve. Nothing new really added to the Dark Order storyline aside from the mysterious "Exalted One" but still a good push to reaffirming the Dark Order's cult status (especially after the loss of the Beaver Boys) and the format of Dark Order recruitment/propaganda video still has some juice left in it.

- - -

One of AEW's WWE draftees, Kayla Braxton, is at the AEW sponsor's wall (seriously, AEW replaced the AEW/TNT backdrop they used last year to include a couple of other sponsors as well) and she is with Trent, Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy and the man introduced to TNT as an old friend of Taylor and Cassidy's "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams ("I mean, he's not really a friend" was Orange Cassidy's rebuttal when Chuck Taylor said it).

Promo starts out strong as Trent says he's ready for Moxley, he can beat Moxley, only for Chuck to say Moxley is going to beat Trent's rear end. After an awkward pause, he clarifies that since they know he is going to kick Trent's rear end, they have prepared Trent to take an rear end-kicking and still be able to pick up the W, because that's what its all about, baby. Picking up the W's. Taylor then makes a college basketball analogy saying that Trent is the Murray State Racers and Moxley is Kansas and that means he can beat Moxley.

The interview winds down as Trent kind of processes what is happening, when Williams sees someone off screen and is kind of surprised, as Drew Gulak walks in front of the sponsor wall. There is a tense moment before Orange Cassidy, Drew Gulak, and Chuck Taylor hug, and Chuck turns to Braxton before introducing AEW's Number One Draft Pick, the Legal Eagle, the Regal Beagle, the Trailblazer, the Game Changer, The Franchise Player, the Diamond Lazer, Karate Chop Action, First Time Long Time, the University City Stretcher, and the Ukulele-picking Wild Card Mr. Drew Gulak.

Drew Gulak says he is here right now, because there is no one he'd rather ride with in this new wretsling league than with Chuck Taylor and the Gentleman's Club. There is another awkward pause as Orange Cassidy says "We're not called that anymore" as Kayla Braxton kicks to commercial.

- - -

Jon Moxley vs. Trent?

Match opens with Moxley and Trent trading strikes, which ends up giving Moxley the advantage, who presses it by taking Trent to the ground and showcasing some of those MMA inspired skills he's been honing at Extreme Couture. Trent is able to create enough separation to make it a wrestling match once again and starts working that nasty New Japan style Trent? can work.

Trent? gets a lot as Moxley is working hard to establish the ground game and the more Bloodsport-y or shoot style wrestling he is jonesing for. (I guess he is really excited for his Bloodsport match against Josh Barnett) Trent hits the running knee for two, and tries to get Mox up for the Crunchie before Mox counters out and hits a short-arm clothesline, a gotch-style piledriver, and the Pardigm Shift for the finish.

Result: Jon Moxley pins Trent?

- - -

Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara interupt Moxley's celebration demanding to know what Jon Moxley's answer was to Chris Jericho's offer to join the Inner Circle. Jericho claims he was planning to go to Tokyo this week but heard some rumors of things going very wrong and he is here, tonight, the face Moxley face-to-face and get his response.

After a pause, Moxley points out the Inner Circle isn't exactly a powerful force with only Jericho and Guevara. Jericho and Guevara begin laughing, as hooded figures wearing wrestling masks run into the ring behind Moxley and attack him, Jericho calls them off and and tells Moxley that while the Inner Circle might be on the back foot with the recent craziness and the loss of the various parts that make up the Inner Circle, Chris Jericho is still here and Dr. J can still pull some magic off in AEW.

He commands two of the masked men to unmask, revealing Dax Harwood (Scott Dawson from WWE) and Cash Wheeler (Dash Wilder from WWE), who mock the crowd and laugh. The third man also unmasks as Drew Galloway. Jericho introduces the three of them to the crowd and says that Moxley has a week to reassess his priorities because the Inner Circle is real and strong and still the power broker here in AEW.

- - -
Dustin Rhodes vs. Sammy Guevara

Jericho and the Inner Circle have remained at ringside and dog and jeer Dustin Rhodes. And that is probably the biggest thign to take away from the match, while Sammy Guevara is doing some strikes, the Inner Circle is going wild. Dustin Rhodes is making a comback with the powerslam, and the Inner Circle is booing and hissing. This gets in the head of Dustin Rhodes, allowing Sammy Guevara to get an advantage which leads into Guevara hitting his burning hammer lift into the GTS.

Results: Sammy Guevara pins Dustin Rhodes

- - -

Maxwell Jacob Friedman enters the ring to announce his stipulations required to wrestle Cody. Without Wardlow, it seems like MJF is going to be sticking close to the Blade, the Butcher, and the Bunny because they are out there with him. MJF lists off his stipulations for him to wrestle Cody at Revolution:

+ Cody Rhodes will not touch Maxwell Jacob Friedman prior to Revolution when the match begins.
+ Cody Rhodes will submit to being whipped ten times with a belt on live television.
+ A cage match with a wrestler of Maxwell's choosing.

- - -

The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson) vs. Pac, Pentagon Jr, and Rey Fenix.

Omega and Pac start things off, only for Pac to beg off after Omega had gains an advantage bringing in Pentagon for some classic Cero Miedo shenanigans. Omega loses out on the echange with Pentagon, taging out to Nick Jackson and leading to an extended Young Bucks vs. Lucha Brothers sequence that eventually breaks down into a full three on three scrum, with the Young Bucks and Omega ending the superkick party with a trio of (terminator) dives to Pac and the Lucha Brothers.

Pac and the Lucha Brothers period of control comes out of a nasty powerbomb to Omega on the outside by Pac, allowing the Lucha Brothers and Pac to get the two on three advantage over the Young Bucks, working them down with cool lucha moves and Fenix's rope walk chest kick. Eventually Omega is able to return to the match and bring things even for the Elite.

Fast action fills out the back half of the match as the Elite are able to isolate Fenix from the other two, leading to a triple super kick, a V-trigger, and the Meltzer Driver to make Kenny Omega's pinfall academic as it gets the win, with the Young Bucks taking a trick from Fenix's own playbook doing dives to keep Pac and Pentagon from being able to break up the pin.

Results: Kenny Omega pins Rey Fenix.

- - -

And remember, kids at home: never trust the goddamned cops.

Week One is in the books for AEW.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 11, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NXT 1/1 “Past. Present and Future” by Hal P. Hyde, exclusive to thesh00tinggallery.blogspot.com

Well, fans, it’s been quite an eventful couple of weeks for the world of pro wrestling. I’m sure at the beginning of December, none of us would have predicted that WWE would declare bankruptcy, NXT would declare independence, and seemingly every company in the world would get a weekly TV deal at the same time. It’s a new world, but some things haven’t changed. The lines are still drawn for the Wednesday Night Wars, so your intrepid reviewers will still break down all the action from NXT and Dynamite. First, the black and yellow brand plays the hits, and a few wanderers find a new home. Let’s check it out.

HHH Welcomes Us To The Future
Regardless of the chaos in the back (I hope they can find lockers for the 16 new signings), the show must go on and there’s no better way for the show to start then with an old classic: a darkened squared circle with a spotlight. Wreathed in the glow of his own grandeur is HHH, reminding us that he will always take care of us no matter what happens. He runs down the show, which will feature match replays, announcements about the future, and matches featuring NXT homecomings.

Undisputed Era Promo
After Papa H tells us where we’re headed, Cole and the Gang remind us where we’ve been: under their heel. To demonstrate who runs Full Sail, and possibly to stall for time while the writers try to figure out whether the other shoe is about to drop, we are treated to a supercut of the latest men’s title matches.

Fish and O'Reilly vs DIY
This one was a winner, but we already knew that. NXT’s greatest strength has always been its tag division, and that showed no signs of stopping at Takeover: Houston. DIY’s off again on again relationship is back on, so they can continue being the flag bearers for the division. Another great example of the frantic style we’ve come to expect from these four, twenty minutes passed in a blur of kickouts, stiff strikes, possibly too many dives, and finally, after a valiant attempt at a comeback, it would be Johnny Wrestling who would end up chasing the dragon as Fish and O’Reilly retain. With the world turned upside down and the Dusty Classic coming up, maybe we can find a new challenger and Johnny and Tommaso can finish what they started all those years ago. Two unsuccessful title shots means something needs to change.

Strong vs Priest
We stay in Houston after the break, and see Roderick Strong do what Roderick Strong does best: get absolutely murdered and then win seemingly by accident. This was a simple formula: cowardly heel running from fiery babyface, which is a cliche for a simple reason: it usually works. It definitely worked here, with Priest really delivering the… punishment (sorry) to Strong, including an amazing dive over the ropes into the announce table that was probably not the best idea. However, the problem with babyface fire is it sometimes tends to burn you too, as the Archer of Infamy found out when the crowd got him to go for one corner boot too many and Roddy rolled him up. Two feet on the ropes and three counts on the mat later, and Strong was getting his hand raised. However, a Razor’s Edge on the apron after the match may have made him reconsider if it was worth it. Ouch. Much like the tag belts, hopefully the chaos surrounding this week will bring new challengers to the North American Title.

Cole vs Lee
At some point, you really just have to commit. It’s true of almost everything in this life, from relationships to wing-eating contests. And it’s also true for Keith Lee’s main event push. While he was the ace of the company at Survivor Series weekend, it seems that the writing room can’t finally pull the trigger on him here in Full Sail. Every time he gets his hands on Adam Cole, the crowd explodes, but they have to realize there are going to be diminishing returns on this at some point. It can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes, but after Keith Lee’s latest title opportunity ended in another run in schmozz, this reviewer definitely heard more X-Pac heat than actual heel heat. We know that Lee is Unstoppable, and that his triumph is the biggest money moment that NXT has, but you can only run that bait out so many times before people stop biting.

Dusty Classic 2020
In a night that celebrates the best division in NXT, it’s no surprise that this January will also feature a Dusty Classic tag team tournament. Four of the eight teams are revealed: smashmouth savants Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch, perennial stars Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano, the rising British sensations Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews, and in a fascinating twist, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly, who are out to prove that nobody deserves to challenge them by winning the shot themselves. Four more teams are still to be announced, with some guaranteed to shock the world. Hopefully, even with all the new signings, we will not be visited by the Shockmaster.

A Farewell to NXT UK
We then throw to a video package of Johnny Saint standing in an empty arena. All around him, clips of 40 years of the best of the UK wrestling tradition dance across the screen. He acknowledges that NXT UK has seen its last curtain, the spirit of the tradition will find a new home in the main NXT universe. He then promises to show us the best of NXT UK here tonight.

WALTER vs Dain
This brief trip to NXT UK TV from Belfast starts with the most partisan crowd this side of Money in the Bank 2011, as the normally tweener Dain finds himself transformed into the purest local hero babyface as he tries to stand up to the unstoppable chop machine that is WALTER. The jeers and chants do not seem to affect the German powerhouse, and this one is largely academic. Barring a couple of very brief hope spots, this one is all WALTER, ending the match in about 7 minutes and refusing to leave the cage in a show of exactly whose ring this is. Dain is carried off and the Imperium joins their leader, surrounded by the boos and screams as they stand to attention on the sacred mat as we fade to black.

Mustache Mountain vs Webster and Andrews
Sometimes matches don’t have to be the end of a blood feud, or based on years of character work. This was just the two biggest face teams in NXT UK meeting in London and agreeing to tear the house down. From the prematch handshake to the standoffs after big spots, this was a masterclass in how to make face vs face matches work. Against the high-flying of Webster and Andrews, Mustache Mountain worked a more mat based game, with Bate and Seven dipping into their underrated repertoire of power spots for the most impressive sequences of the match, with Seven even getting both of his opponents up for the Burning Hammer simultaneously. Finally, it would be Tyler Bate who would catch Flash Morgan Webster with the Tyler Driver ‘97 to get the victory. As the crowd said, this was awesome.

Rhea Ripley Promo
When we come back to the US, Rhea Ripley is in the Shield Memorial Stairwell with a message: yes, Shayna Baszler’s reign was long and dominant, but we haven’t seen anything yet. Rhea promises that her reign will be even longer and even more dominant. It’s a good promo from a young star, but believe it or not, Ripley’s era might suffer from being longer and stronger than the Queen of Spades. By the end, the endless carousel of failed challengers to Shayna’s reign got a little worn out, but we will see what the future holds.

Welcome Home
Back in the ring, Mauro brings out three returning heroes to Full Sail: Asuka, Ricochet, and Chad Gable, who has had his name restored to him. Mauro welcomes them back and informs them that a lot has changed since they left. Chad Gable is glad to be back where he can really exercise his skills after they made him a cartoon character “up in New York”. Asuka is, surprisingly, fairly confident that even now no one is ready for Asuka, and I for one would be glad to see Rhea Ripley test that theory. Finally, Ricochet is glad to be back home and glad to be reunited with his tag team partner, Aliester Black, to compete both in the Dusty Classic and right here, right now! Black makes his entrance as we go to commercial.

Two Black Guys With Tattoos vs Breezango
Speaking of returns to NXT, Black and Ricochet are facing another pair of recent returnees in Tyler Breeze and Fandango. Black and Ricochet are introduced as Two Black Guys with Tattoos, which is a more esoteric joke than I would typically expect from WWE. New world, I guess. This is, like the London match earlier, another friendly match between competitive teams, though Breeze does have to remind Ricochet not to look past them too much with a somewhat less friendly slap in the face, but after a few minutes, a Black Mass to Fandango seals the redebut win for his team.

Gable vs Riddle
That brings us to our main event of the evening. After the indie sprints of the tag matches, the kaiju battle of Walter and Dain, and the cat and mouse of the North American and NXT title matches, this match offers another perspective on what wrestling can be: actual wrestling. Yes, large portions of this match featured action similar to what you'd find in Gable and Riddle’s former, less kayfabed careers. After a while however, they got down to the real business of sentons, suplexes, and irish whips. A few rope breaks of both the ankle lock and a heel hook from Riddle built the tension to a fever pitch, when Gable rolled through a Bromission attempt, picked the ankle… and everything goes black. Then everything goes red. Uh oh. The lights come back on and Riddle and Gable are flat on their backs on opposite sides of the rings.Uh oh.

Arrival of the Fiend
Luckily, a different face of Wyatt is the one who makes his presence known. The intro reminds us that this is a friendship that will never ever end. Even if we wish it would. Bray is here, in his sweater. He’s so excited to be home! This is where he first met everyone! It’s where he first met… him. And this is where he feels most like himself! If I was on that roster, this is not what I would want to hear. The copyright card comes up, and a flash of the Fiend’s mask takes the show off the air.

Quick Results:
Fish and O'Reilly def. DIY
Roderick Strong def. Damian Priest
Adam Cole NC Keith Lee
WALTER def Killian Dain
Mustache Mountain def. Andrews and Webster
Two Black Guys With Tattoos def. Breezango
Chad Gable NC Matt Riddle

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 11, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good to know that even in the new era Triple H can still gently caress up the finish to a match everyone wants to see :allears:

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

The account formerly known as WWE Creative Humor had this to say about the Gable/Riddle match

SOMEONE ELSE HAS OPINIONS?!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jersualem posted:

Impact Wrestling Discussion for 01/03 is Will The Last Person To Leave Impact Please Turn Off The Lights

Impact World Champion: Sami Callahan
Impact Knockouts Champion: Taya Valkyrie
Impact Tag Team Champions: The North
Impact X Division Champion: Ace Austin

• A new authority figure for Impact was announced as the show’s Director General was revealed to be none other than.... the new Head of Creative, Rarity. So whoever had ‘Immediately’ in the How Much Time Till The New Writers Book Themselves In The Show Sweepstake, congratulations!
  • Rarity thanked the fans for their loyalty and acknowledged the company’s issues over the years. She vowed that they will be better and the fans will be rewarded for sticking with them. She also promised to stay out of the spotlight so that Impact can just present great wrestling, no bullshit.
  • Buddy Murphy and Finn Balor Prince Devitt had the opening match. To be honest this uh, really kicked rear end. Devitt and Murphy were in high gear and put on a hell of a show with a lotta near-falls. Devitt eventually hit the Coup de Grace after the 1916 to keep Murphy down.
  • They showed Andrade and Zelina Vega hanging out in a luxury box checking out the show. Pretty nice first day of work if you can get it.
  • Next up was Michael Elgin with loving ENZO AMORE of all people :frogout: Elgin brought Enzo to the show as his guest but we all know that he’s signed already. They passed by much better new signing Jungle Boy and Enzo hollered something about Jungle Boy’s loincloth. Enzo stuff :fuckoff:
  • For the benefit of those with flash photography: Impact somehow got Edge and Christian out of retirement as a TAG TEAM? They’re doing the classic E&C goofball stuff. Oh god, I’m so worried about Edge’s neck :ohdear:
  • Their first match is against The Rascalz, Dezmond Xavier and Trey Miguel, who judging by their team name are skateboarding possums. This was a pretty good match! Edge and Christian didn’t show as much rust as you’d expect from a decade-plus of not tagging, and Xavier and Miguel can do some spectacular things. Christian got the pin after hitting the Killswitch on Xavier. The vets shook the young guys’ hands afterwards.
  • There was a small video package for the Grizzled Young Veterans. Zack Gibson is still pushing his Liverpool connection in an American promotion which is somehow even more annoying.
  • Here comes the Impact World Champion *checks notes* Sami Callihan??? He does his usual thing here, spitting all over his chin and rattling off a list of all the new signings that he says will never take his belt from him. It’s Sami Callihan. This was the worst part of the show not involving an actual rapist.
  • Jordynne Grace beat Jessicka Havok with the Grace Driver in a match that got plenty of time and left both women exhausted by the end.
  • While Grace and Havok were both still lying in the ring Maki Itoh walked out and kicked the crap out of both women. She then grabbed the mic and yelled “Watch out Impact! I am Maki Itoh, I’m gonna loving kill you!” She kicked Grace and Havok a bunch more and walked off.
  • Maki Itoh, you guys :allears:
  • Charly Caruso interviewed Tessa Blanchard backstage, who said she had been watching the previous match to scout and that Jordynne Grace was the only other woman on her level unlike that “never-was Jessicka Havok and her crust punk loser friends.” Apparently only Havok is allowed to talk to her friends that way because she overheard as she was coming to the back so she decked Tessa and got in her face before officials pulled them apart.
  • Um, was that Jushin Liger’s mask? Is Liger in Impact whaaaaaaaaat????? :aaaaa:
  • The “Distinguished” X Division champ Ace Austin addressed the common people who would challenge him for his belt with a Shakespeare quote and iambic pentameter. I’ll be honest I don’t know much about this little dork but I kinda love him.
  • Mike Elgin and Jake Something had a good ol’ hoss-off. Well, they’re not full hosses so more like compact hosses. A midsize hatchback hoss-off. Enzo was at ringside yelling poo poo at Something the entire time. Dear god please don’t let him hijack shows like this every week. Elgin won and Enzo wouldn’t shut up until the commercial break.
  • Two sides of grade A Irish meat met in the hallways as new signings Prince Devitt and Jordan Devlin crossed paths. Devlin complimented Devitt’s match and invited him to watch HIS debut closely next week. It looks like they’re recognising Devitt and Devlin’s real life friendship.
  • Charly Caruso pounced on Rarity backstage to see how she thought the show was going. Rarity looked pretty uncomfortable but gave everyone some praise before sending the cameras away to focus on the main event.
  • Relaxing in the luxury box apparently isn’t enough for Andrade because him and Zelina packed up and left before the main event even started.
  • The main event was Eddie Edwards and Brian Cage, which was an awesome match building to an awesome finish that… ended when the venue’s lights went out
  • Cage and Edwards stood around in the ring looking confused as venue staff started directing the crowd to the exits and the ring crew came out to take down the ring. This lasted for a good 5 minutes before the show went off the air.
  • Was this on purpose?? Was this a shoot?? Did Impact forget how long they were running and do a TNA?? Either way, a bizarre end to an otherwise really solid reboot show. If it was scripted, Brian Cage has a future in acting because he looked PIIIIISSSED about how it ended.
  • Seriously, what the hell just happened?

Kvantum posted:

Chris Regal knew :worship:

Dango Bango posted:

I know I just saw that ending but I still have no idea what happened.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Today we are all the TNAMecca

oldpainless posted:

You can take the Impact out of the TNA but you can’t take the TNA out of the Impact

TriffTshngo posted:

Impact don’t know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot

Astro7x posted:

I’ve tried to process that ending for the last ten minutes and I still can’t make any sense of it. It has to be a shoot, right? I mean, what kind of company would ever make that an angle? It was such a wet fart of an ending that’s completely overloaded what was until then a very fine show. Strong focus on matches and simple, effective storytelling. I liked that they didn’t let their new signings overwhelm the rest of the roster. I was hyped up to watch an episode of Impact of all loving things and then they just… Yeah, I don’t even know.

jesus WEP posted:

Maki Itoh is the best thing to happen to women’s wrestling, fight me :colbert:

Chris James 2 posted:

Anyone who took the time to watch this company deserves everything they got

Lamuella posted:

I just remembered that Impact signed Jushin Liger and what the actual gently caress you guys :psypop:

ChrisBTY posted:

They really need to drop Sami as champ asap. I guess I get it based on where they were last year but all of a sudden he’s not even in the top 10 of the most important guys on the roster.

coconono posted:

Kill me too Maki

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

IT'S TIME FOR

• “I’M BBBRRROOOKKKEEENNN!
    INHERIT MY LIFE!
    I’M BROKEN!”

We kick off with Joe Galli and Stu Bennet welcoming us to the show. Galli talks about the influx of signings NWA has seen within the past few weeks, with Bennet excited about bringing in someone who used to work for him? Galli concludes by stating this is the moment of the New Genesis of NWA, a New Era for NWA, this is
    a New Day…

“AWWWWWWWW ATLANTA!
    DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR!
    CLAP FOR YOUR WORLD-FAMOUS NEW GENERAL MANAGERS,
    AND FEEEEEEL THE POWWAAAAAAAA!
    It’s a New Day yes it is!”

Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods take to the stage to rapturous cheers. They announce they’re proud to be Power’s new general managers, with Big E confirming that a Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour is on the table!

Kingston and Woods tell Big E the Pumpkins haven’t split up… they do announce however that there will be two title defences tonight. World Television Champion “Outlandish” Zicky Dice defends against Matt “The Havoc” Cross, and National Champion Aron Stevens defends against Yoshitatsu, a client of the returning Mr. Tharpe.

Big E butts in to reveal his other idea, a tag team tournament to determine the number one contenders to the World Tag Team Champions, Eli Drake and James Storm. The tournament will be two round robin brackets, with the winners of each bracket facing off next month. We’ll see our first tournament match tonight, Homicide and Eddie Kingston of Outlaw Inc., taking on Ortiz and Santana, the Latin American Xchange!

New Day end on discussing NWA’s current World Champion, Nick Aldis. Nick Aldis should be paired with an opponent of great skill and ferocity. But they wonder who this should be? Who? Who? Who?

“The Captain! New Day welcomes “Captain” Seth Rollins to the stage. Rollins says he told New Day backstage about being called Captain. New Day say they’ll never call him Captain again.

Woods states that the Captain will compete in tonight’s main event against another world-class talent, the winner going on to face Nick Aldis in February. They welcome Captain’s opponent, Dolph Ziggler! Ziggler comes out, full of bravado, taking the mic from Woods and gets into Rollins face. He goes on about how these four were annoyances in their old work, and they’re still annoyances today. Ziggles is here to do what he’s always done, steal the show.

• First Match: LAX took on Outlaw Inc.

Straight into tag action! A high work-rate match that you’d expect from this pairing. Ortiz picks up the pin on Homicide after a Street Sweeper. An early W for LAX in their bracket.

• Cut back to stage podium, Joe Galli interviews the World Champion Nick Aldis with Kamilla by his side. Aldis states he’s eager to take on either Rollins or Ziggler, along with all the new talent streaming into the hottest show on the scene today, NWA Power. He concludes that him and Kamilla will be on commentary later tonight for the main event.

• Second Match: Aron Stevens squares off against Yoshitatsu, NWA National Championship on the line!

Tatsu got a lot of boos as he made his ringside, although maybe they were directed at Mr. Tharpe, haven’t seen him in ages. Stevens came out in his gi. Stevens offered to have a clean, nothing-blow-the-belt match with Tatsu. Tatsu replied with a roundhouse kick to the face. Despite this early cheap-shot, Stevens was able to recover and after twelve minutes landed a Discus Elbow Smash for the win. Stevens retains the National Championship.

• Third Match: "The Genetic Freak" Scott Steiner took on… some guy? He didn’t get announced.

As you’d expect, Big Poppa Pump won in a few minutes with the Steiner Recliner. The other guy did get an eye poke spot in, more offence than I expected.

Steiner was beginning to head backstage when he suddenly stopped in his tracks. A befuddled expression crossed his face.

“Life is a mystery,
    Everyone must stand alone…”

The audience clocked on and began to clap along, they broke into song.

“When you call me name, it’s like a little prayer!” It’s Grado! He burst onto the entrance platform and danced his way to the ring. Steiner was still on the entrance ramp the whole time, watching in bewilderment.

Grado made it in ring, still vibing. From the entrance ramp came Rockstar Spud, mic in hand. Spud announced that he is taking a temporary retirement from wrestling, whilst offering his managerial services to some beefy men that’d put Gado to shame. Spud introduced his new client, Rob Terry.

Forth Match: Grado took on Rob Terry.

… Well it was kind of exactly how you’d imagine this match would go. The less written the better. Terry mostly dominated with Grado getting a few hope spots. Spud distracted Grado so Terry could (mercifully) land a Chokeslam for the win.

Spud and Terry lauded each other as they headed up the entrance ramp. They passed the still baffled Steiner.

• Fifth Match: “Outlandish” Zicky Dice fought Matt “The Havoc” Cross, World Television Championship on the line.

Cross came at Dice with either dirty trick in the book, and was really vicious about it. Dice was able to get the eventual upper hand though, and smacked Cross with a Rolling Elbow. 1, 2, 3! Zicky retains!

• A disheartened Grado is heading to leave the arena. Galli moves to try to get an interview regarding his unfortunate NWA debut. Grado tells the “bawbag” to go away. Galli freezes in front of Grado, who’s confused by Galli’s frightened look. Galli points to behind Grado. Grado turns around.

Steiner is looming behind Grado, breathing deeply.

They stare at each other for what seems an eternity, Grado uncertain about the whole affair.

Steiner yells into Grado’s face,

“I LOVE MADONNA!”

And throws his hulking arms around Grado, pulling him into a hug. We cut away with Grado embraced by Steiner, confused and a bit scared.

• Cut back to the podium. NWA World Women’s Champion, Thunder Rosa, enters whilst being flanked by Marti Belle and Melina Perez. Bennett interviews the champ, asking her thoughts on the influx of talent. Rosa laughs off all the wannabes flying into Power, especially those that think they can nip at her heels. Rosa throws down an open challenge to anyone willing to take on Marti and Melina, in exchange for a title shot.

Lights cut out.

BRING IT TO THE FLO!

It’s Naomi, strobing her way into the arena. But that’s not all, the lights cut back,

And there’s two wacky inflatable arm flailing tubemen! Also Nattie Neidhart for some reason? See kind of wandered off.

IT’S BAYLEY! They both accept Rosa’s challenge, and an impromptu tag match kicks off.

Sixth Match: Bayley and Naomi tag team against Marti Belle and Melina Perez.

This was basically a “best of” Bayley and Naomi, they hit all their signature spots and played to the crowd. Bayley got the eventual pin on Melina with a Bayley-to-Bayley. Wonder who gets the title shot then?

• Bennett is at the podium, talking straight at the camera. He hypes up some exciting debuts for next week, including the high-flying Mustafa Ali, tag teams like The Usos and Team Awesome, and the hard-hitting Priscilla Kelly.

Bennett is about to cut out, until he says he can’t keep it secret any longer. His former underling, John Cena, is coming to Power next week. Bennett states he’s looking forward to having a toadie again.

• IT’S TIME FOR OUR MAIN EVENT! SETH ROLLINS VS. DOLPH ZIGGLER, NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP ON THE LINE. THE EXCITEMENT IS PALPABLE!

Before we began, Aldis and Kamilla joined the commentary team. Then, it began. I’d call this a five-star classic, but Meltzer goes up to like… seven or eight stars now-a-days? I dunno, it was pretty good. Both guys seemed to cut a bit looser than some of their older bouts. Some high occtaine action in this…

Until Ziggler slowed it waaay down with a Sleeper Choke. Rollins tried to fight out of it but just couldn’t… oh poo poo, Ziggler won with the Deadly Sleeper Hold! Dolph Ziggler will face off against Nick Aldis in February!

Aldis left the commentary booth, title in hand, and joined Ziggler in the ring. The two stared each other down, with Aldis raising the title. Ziggler mouthed that the championship was goi-RKO OUT OF NOWHERE ON A DISTRACTED ALDIS. RANDY ORTON JUST MADE A SERIOUS POWERMOVE (pardon the pun)!

Ziggler starts mouthing off against a downed Aldis, and goes to high five Orton…

Yeah this one was a bit more expected. Orton RKO’s Ziggler, picks up the title, and releases the doves to end NWA Power!

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 12, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Tune in this upcoming week wrestling fans, for more heart-pounding NWA Power every Tuesday Friday night!

Don't miss NWA's first appearance of wrestling living legend, movie star, and international icon. And his name, is John Cena!

That's not all! The NWA World Champion, Nick Aldis, takes to the ring this week.* And after making a stunning debt, "The Viper" Randy Orton will address Aldis, the Power audience, and the number one contender Dolph Ziggler!

We've got plenty more lined up NWA fans! See the in-ring debut of "Hell's Favourite Harlot" Priscilla Kelly, taking on the gate-crashing Nattie Neidhart!*

There's more title defences as well! Coming off an impressive win, "Outlandish" Zicky Dice issued an open challenge on NWA.com. The challenge was accepted by the debuting Mustafa Ali!*

And there's more pairs facing off as our tag-tournament presses on! The newly allied Mr. Anderson & Bobby Roode throw down against Jimmy and Jey, The Usos!*

All this and more, this upcoming Tuesday Friday! Tune in and catch us live, you've got the Power!

*Card subject to change.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mythology of Honor: The Respect Years Episode 1 is live! It's a little rough we just recorded one take no edits but it's got some great little comedy bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNEdFSJoMA4

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

super macho dude posted:

"NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 14 NIGHT 1 GDT: "I cant believe I have to wake up at 4am to watch this live wtf"

黒人の命だって大切だ
NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 14
Night 1. 1/4/20

English commentary is Kevin Kelly, Gino Gambino, and Guy Fieri.

Pre show DARK MATCH
1. Tucker Knight, Yuyu Uemura, Ren Narita, Shooter Umino vs. Clark Connors, Manabu Nakanishi, Hirai Kawato, Yuji Nagata
-14 mins, Shooter pins Connors after the Death Rider. 

Jerusalem posted:

Shooter looked like a goddamn star! If they don't take him back after a year on excursion, they are out of their fat minds.

dsriggs posted:

Why is Tucky in this match lol

Pre show DARK MATCH
2. Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. The Bouncers
- 16 mins, Beer City Bruiser pins Tenzan after nailing a Frog Splash/Superplex combo with Brian Milonas

harperdc posted:

BEEF

Chris James 2 posted:

I think Tenzan is dead now.

super no vacancy posted:

watching this at a dance dance revolution themed cat cafe in shinjuku. patrons were into it but japanese fans really DO love beefy fat gaijin heels

MAIN CARD
3. IWGP NEVER OPENWEIGHT 6 MAN TAG CHAMPIONSHIP (vacant)
WARDLOW, Zeus, Daichi Hashimoto vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Togi Makabe, Toru Yano
- Yano pins Hashimoto with a flash pin after a kick to the dick, -13 mins

Thauros posted:

Is it just me or does even Taguchi look like he's put on the pounds? We've already seen pics of Hashimoto from a month ago looking SWOLE but Taguchi too?

Oatgan posted:

WARDLOW

Oatgan posted:

WARDLOW

Oatgan posted:

WARDLOW

4. STARDOM EXHIBITION MATCH:
Mayu Iwatani, Becky Knox, and Momo Watanabe vs Sasha Banks, Hazuki, and Sakisama.
Mayu pins Hazuki with a Two Step Dragon Suplex
-18 minutes

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Holy poo poo the crowd is into this!

IceAgeComing posted:

It's a drat shame it took NJPW this long to start booking joshi matches. Same parent company, so wtf? This match rips.

Benne posted:

WORK RATE :getin:

Venomous posted:

this should have been an hour. hell of a match though

5. IWGP LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (vacant)
Jushin Liger vs. Hiromu Takahashi
Takahashi pins Liger after reversing a running LigerBomb into a Timebomb & then killing Liger with the Timebomb 2 -15 mins

Rarity posted:

Hiromu please stop acting like a dick! Major heel tactics :(

Thauros posted:

Liger looks great right now, probably the best he's looked in 10 years. It's obvious he's going to retire but what if?

forkboy84 posted:

Hiromu going HARD holy poo poo

coconono posted:

:eyepop:

super macho dude posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Tweak posted:

HOLY gently caress LIGER JUST SUPER DDT HIROMU OFF THE TOP TO THE FLOOR :kingsley:

Chris James 2 posted:

RIP Hiromu's neck

-After match, Liger bows to crowd and Hiromu bows to him deeply, the Tokyo Dome crowd is deafening with Liger chants. Ring boys help him out and Hiromu gets on the mic. He declares himself the best junior (ironic being none left), that he will take on ANYONE who thinks they can push him to MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MO...Takahashi is jumped by Ryota Hama from behind! Hama kills him with a power bomb onto his already hurting neck leaving him layed out in the middle of the ring.

Oatgan posted:

lol how do you not notice 400 pounds of beef sneaking into the ring behind you?

6. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki
Suzuki pins Ishii after the Gotch Piledriver -20 mins
MiSu starts stomping Ishii then applies the RNC choking him out. Ring boys rush in to help Ishii, and MiSu and Taka and TAICHI beat them all up.
Afterwards, MiSu grabs the mic and promises a new Suzuki-Gun to meet the new threat of Gedo's beef boy obsessions and all the foreign invaders who have been brought in. He says "He didn't get this far in his career by being a fat rear end and a weakling." He's the "King Of Wrestling because he's ruthless and will kill anyone who stands in his way. Ishii "better choose a side, fat boy, or be left in the dirt."

Lid posted:

wrap it up Ishiiailures, Suzuki is going to kill everyone

7. IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TITLE CHAMPIONSHIP
Guerillas Of Destiny(c) (with Jado) vs FinJuice
Finlay pins Tama after Jado mistimed a baseball shot and hit Tama in the back of head -20 mins
FinJuice quickly leave with the belts in tow, while Tama and Loa get in Jado's face extremely pissed off. Jay White, Fale, and HIKULEO run in and hold them back.

eat my fuc posted:

Juice got a new haircut! Looks good imo

Kungfu Grip posted:

eat my fuc

8. IWGP NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Goto vs. KENTA(c)
- Goto pins KENTA after slipping out of the GTS and hitting the GTR into the Goto Shiki- 20 mins

TV Zombie posted:

LETS GO KENTA

Ishin posted:

Let's go KENTA you glorious dickhead

SatoshiMiwa posted:

GRUMPY DAD BATTLE

Rarity posted:

KICK HIS rear end SAMURAI DAD

Sanguinia posted:

I TOLD YOU GUYS! NEVER Goto is Goto's strongest form!

If Goto challenged Okada with the NEVER title he could win. It's THAT powerful!

Shane Taylor's music hits! He comes down to ring ready to go. The Tokyo crowd is unsure of who he is but they politely applaud his sheer mass and girth. He grabbed the mic and introduced himself as the world's greatest free agent and has decided to crash the Wrestle Kingdom party. He runs down his list of accomplishments in the United States and tells the crowd that the previous scheduled "United States Championship match between Jon Moxley and Lance Archer ain't happening and since that dumb honkey rear end goofball Juice Robinson ain't gonna defend the belt THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY DEFAULT tomorrow night, he should bring his rear end down here right now and LETS DO THIS!" Juice shows up on the ramp, already tired and beat up from his Tag match and tries to back out of the fight. Shane Taylor calls him something I cant repeat on here because I'd be banned and Juice Robinson fires up and makes his way down to the ring! We got a match!

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Juice...

9. IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Juice Robinson(c) vs. Shane Taylor  - Shane Taylor pins Juice after hitting a sit out jumping piledriver-15 mins

coconono posted:

Juice you loving idiot, you moron, you stupid baby simpleton

Oatgan posted:

Shane baby! He got that BIG BEEF this company needs!
Afterwards, Shane Taylor dumps title in trash can, declares he's looking out for a REAL belt with some real beef.  The title is now apparently defunct?

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

WHAT!?

Roman Reigns posted:

:lol:

pinwizz11 posted:

Wait... wut

10. IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay White(c) (with Gedo) vs. Naito
- Naito pins White after hitting three consecutive Destinos.  -35 minutes

Rarity posted:

gently caress YOU SWITCHBLADE

super macho dude posted:

a 300lb Gedo riding around on Rascal Skooter is the my spirit animal

MJeff posted:

Jay White really lives in a society.

Neodoomium posted:

In a company full of people who enjoy spiking themselves on head drivers, I don't know that anyone sells a DDT better than Naito

coconono posted:

Jay White has amazing core strength from sleazy coffin motel sexual encounters

jesus WEP posted:

DES
TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jerusalem posted:

WRAP IT UP SWITCHBLADEAILURES!
A defeated Jay White flops into the front of Gedo's Rascal Scooter and is driven away up the ramp as Gedo shakes his fist at Naito in anger. Naito accepts the belt from Red Shoes then spits at Red Shoes, comically knocking him out. The cheers for Naito are deafening. It's time for the main event...

Tonfa posted:

THE FINAL BOSS OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING

rip ibushi
11. IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Okada(c) vs. Ibushi
Okada pins Ibushi after hitting a STIFF AF Rainmaker -45 minutes

Lid posted:

Where Yoshi Hashi wishes he was Goku, Ibushi just is.

Jerusalem posted:

Okada: This isn't even my final form :smug:

Tonfa posted:

Camera not catching trunks pop is criminal, where is officer Liger

Gumball Gumption posted:

Holy poo poo okada's rear end in these things

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Come on Ibushi, unleash the darkness within

ThePariah posted:

Okada's offense doesn't offer enough chances to fall on your neck so Ibushi took matters to his own hands.

"TheKingslayer posted:

Jerusalem posted:

THIRTY MINUTES!?!? HOW!?!?!?

Rarity posted:

MURDER KOTA IS BACK ONLINE

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

WRIST CONTROL WRIST CONTROL WRIST CONTROL

i feel like i'm going to puke oh my god this match

Fresh like Zafo posted:

Okada is a loving Highlander now, holy poo poo.

Pro wrestling is pretty loving awesome, you guys.

Wazzu posted:

Night 2: The Passion of the Naito vs. the scraps of Okada's corpse

Gino Gambino, Kevin Kelly, and Guy Fieri sign us off for the end of Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1! See you on Monday for Night 2, on the Food Network for a very special opening edition of NJPW Served RAW!!!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ1AYjqq_-0&t=22s

Bea Priestly: Mayu Iwatani...

Mayu: Get Ready.

Bea Priestly: One of the most respected Joshi Wrestlers IN THE WORLD...
Bea Priestly: 'The Icon of STARDOM.'

Sanguinia posted:

We Are STARDOM for 1/4 is Steve Blum reminding us that A Girl Has The Right To Dream

EPISODE 1 FULL RECAP
Part 1: Introductions

Michael Cole welcomes everyone to the first Toonami Broadcast of “We Are Stardom,” from KBS Hall in Kyoto, Japan’s most historic city!

He introduces his broadcast partner, Former UFC Champ Daniel “DC” Cormier, who is bursting with enthusiasm for Joshi Wrestling! Then they throw straight to the ring, because the opening match is on!

MATCH #1: Hina vs Leo Onozaki! Both “Young Lions,” come down the ramp wearing masks which emulate the design of Japanese wrestling legend Tiger Mask, and we are told STARDOM wrestlers wear such masks to commemorate matches of major importance.

The fight is a fast-paced barn-burner, not technically polished as these two are still relative rookies, but with a lot of intensity and stiff hits. Leo takes the pinfall victory with a Running Ace Crusher in 4:56
---

Part 2: Black Hat

Commissioner AJ Mendez heads to the ring. She leads a round of applause for the first match of a new era in wrestling, then introduces STARDOM’s three faction leaders: Mayu Iwatani of STARS, Kagetsu of Oedo-Tai, and Momo Watanabe of Queen’s Quest! Mayu explains (in subtitled Japanese) that today is the STARDOM Faction Draft! Earlier each of the leaders designated a Second, who will automatically join their faction. Tonight those Seconds will wrestle an Elimination Match to determine the draft order! And it'll happen RIGHT N-

Kusamura ni, no mo shirezu~

Mayu is cut off by the appearance of a woman in black. She saunters confidently to the ring, and identifies herself:

“My name is Saki Akai, but peasants shall refer to me only as Saki-sama! From my manor in Paris I’ve heard about this ‘STARDOM.’ My servants told me it’s overflowing with brutish and ugly things… and I can see that it’s worse than I imagined. Therefore, Saki-sama has returned to this backwater island country. Just as I have in other companies: DDT Pro Wrestling, Oz Academy, SEAdLINNG... I plan to bring elegance and beauty to this nest of vermin!” She points to Commissioner AJ. “You, Spider! I demand the right to create my own faction with your little draft! NEO Biishiki-Gun will rise in STARDOM tonight!”

Momo and Kagetsu are clearly irritated, but Mayu declares that all challengers are welcome in STARDOM, and asks AJ to grant the request. AJ hesitates, but agrees, and asks Saki to name her Second.

Saki gestures with her rose to the entrance ramps, and music hits… revealing LEXI BLISS!

---

MATCH #2! Arisa Hoshiki (STARS) vs AZM (QQ) vs Hazuki (OT) vs Lexi Bliss (NBG)! Elimination 4-way Match!

Commentary fills us in on these contenders:
-Lexi Bliss is a 5-time World Champion, a former Tag Team Champion, and only the second woman ever to win a Triple Crown in a major western wrestling promotion, an incredible score for Saki-sama.
-AZM, only 17 years old, is considered a prodigy in technical wrestling and is already a 3-time Artists of STARDOM Champion, including being part of the current Champion trio.
-Hazuki, the protege of Oedo-Tai’s leader, is a 4-time Artists of STARDOM Champion, and the second-most successful High Speed Champion in that title’s history, recording 8 title defenses during a reign of 208 days, the fastest pace on record.
-Arisa Hoshiki, who debuted in the company by defeating current World Champ Mayu and then becoming her tag team partner, is the defending Wonder of STARDOM Champion, past winner of two of STARDOM’s annual tournaments (The Cinderella Tournament and the Goddess Tag League) and runner up in a third (The Rookie of STAROM Tournament)

Each faction scored big with their Second, and the in-ring action backs up their rep. Lexi pins AZM off Twisted Bliss to score first blood and show she’s not intimidated by the local heavies. Arisa pins Hazuki soon after with her springboard stunner, the Shining Star Cutter. The final two fight hard, but ultimately Arisa pins Lexi to win the match at 14:03, hitting her own spinning moonsault, Adamas.

The draft order is set: 1) STARS 2) Neo-Biishiki Gun 3) Oedo-Tai 4) Queen’s Quest
---

Part 3: Meet the Midcard

MATCH #3! Giulia vs Saki Kashima! Commentary informs us that Giulia is one of the hottest new wrestlers in STARDOM, earning a dangerous rep from indie promotion Ice Ribbon before jumping to the big leagues. Kashima by comparison is one of the most seasoned veterans on the roster, with nearly a decade in the business and a reputation for being the friendliest woman in STARDOM. Giulia doesn’t seem in the mood to respect her senior, and Giulia takes the pinfall at 7:42 with her Hammerlock Power Sidewalk Slam, the Glorious Buster.

Not satisfied with just winning, Giulia taunts Saki over her defeat, shoving her head with her boot. She grabs a microphone and mocks her opponent. “You look so sad, Saki-chan! But don't worry, I want to be friends. You like making friends, right? We'll take good care of you.”

“We,” turns out to be former UFC fighter Syuri Kondo and freshman rookie Maika. Giulia directs them to drag Saki to the back. Ominous!
---

MATCH 4! Jungle Kyona, Konami and Grim Yama-San vs Hanan, Saya Iida and Tam Nakano! This match is about putting over the Goddesses of Stardom Champions. The announcers go on about Konami finding success in over a half-dozen promotions aside from STARDOM, and Kyona’s status as a fan-favorite, former Faction Leader, and three-time Tag Champion. Konami submits Hanan at 10:22 with her Stepover Headhold Armbar, the Triangle Lancer.

Cormier declares Triangle Lancer’s Win Percentage Is 100%!
---

Part 4: The STARDOM Draft

The now-four Leaders return for the first round of the Stardom Draft! Mayu tells us that on Twitter she promised her first pick would be big news, and now’s the time to follow through. The #1 Overall Pick and newest member of STARS is... Becky Knox!

The music hits, but naturally Becky does not appear on the ramp. The camera pivots to show her kicking open the door from the arena’s foyer and making her way through the crowd to the ring. When she finally steps in, Mayu offers her a STARS t-shirt. Becky reaches out her hand… and snubs the shirt, instead placing it squarely on Mayu’s title belt!

The tension is defused a bit when Saki-sama interrupts their staredown, selecting Konami to lay claim to half the tag team championship. Kagetsu selects Natsuko Tora, expressing half-assed satisfaction at keeping her #2 Protege. Finally, Momo selects STARDOM’s 2018 Rookie of the Year and second ever Three Title Champion, Utami Hayashishita. securing the Artist, Future and WSA titles for Queen’s Quest.
---

MATCH #5! Natsu Sumire and Natsuko Tora vs Utami Hayashishita and Saya Kamitani! First Round Picks face off in tag-team action, but after some great moves by Natsuko and Utami, this quickly becomes a comedy match. Natsu tags in but keeps breaking away from lockups to throw a tantrum.

Cormier explains that during last year’s draft Natsu was repeatedly teased by Kagetsu and Mayu through the draft, two leaders working together to push her down to the final round of picks. This led to her having a big embarassing cry when she finally rejoined Oedo-Tai, and based on her ranting she’s worried about a repeat.

Saya and Utami are at a bit of a loss for how to handle the blubbering and cursing, which gives Natsuko a prime opportunity to hit her Argentine Backbreaker Sidewalk Slam on Saya! Natsuko gets the Pinfall Win at 9:50

---

Draft Rounds 2 and 3 combine for a long segment: Mayu selects Tam Nakano, and apologizes for not picking her first again this year. Cormier tells us that last year Tam told Mayu “If I’m not first you don’t mean it!” and has had simmering tension with her faction leader ever since. Saki-sama selects Jungle Kyona, securing the Goddess titles for her new faction. Then Kagetsu drops a bombshell: her second draft pick is someone who was forced into retirement by concussion issues, but worked hard to recover and is now able to return to competition! Oedo-Tai welcomes home Kris Wolf, who then rushes to the ring and shares a big hug with her boss!

Momo concludes the round by drafting one of STARDOM’s most popular wrestlers, Andras Miyagi.

In Round 3, Mayu selects Saya Iida. Last year she told Saya that she was “very STARS-like,” and hopes she'll keep working hard. Saki-sama selects Grim Yama-san, explaining that while she's ugly, a Princess having an ugly dog is very trendy these days. Kagetsu smirks as her turn comes around... and selects the Riot Squad as a unit, claiming Heidi Lovelace, Mary Dobson and Liv Marley in a single pick!

Mayu and Momo protest, certain that this isn’t legal, but Kagetsu replies “Unlike you bastards I actually read the rulebook, and teams count as a single wrestler!”

Momo complains that this is exactly why she can't stand Oedo-Tai, “You treat everything like a game and then cheat at the game like bratty kids!” Mayu suggests that STARS and Queen’s Quest team up to teach Kagetsu a lesson, and offers up her new draft picks Becky Knox and Saya to help. Momo agrees, and says her contribution to the team will also be her next draft pick: High Speed Champion and AEW Women's Champion Riho!
---

MATCH #6! The Riot Squad vs Riho, Becky Knox, and Saya Iida! The Riot Squad show their worth as a unit quickly in this match. Becky does not seem very enthusiastic about being part of a team, stubbornly refusing to tag out even as she gets run over by the numbers game. Riho is eventually forced to blind tag herself in, but fares just as bad. Things look dire until the rookie Saya manages a big counter, and uses the breathing room to crawl back to her corner and chew out her team-mates! Abashed as needing to be told off by a Young Girl, Becky and Riho shelve their egos and work together, overwhelming the Squad with their combined skill! Becky gets the win by submitting Mary with the Dis-Arm-Her in 14:07
---

Part 5: The Grand Finale

The Draft’s Final Round: Mayu selects Starlight Kid, apologizing for not being able to pick her first three years in a row, but glad to have her back.

Saki-sama then takes center-stage: she won’t allow that Badger (Kagetsu) to upstage her! “Your drafting strategy is ugly as well. Mine on the other hand is Elegant: A princess must have treasure, a princess must have a loyal hound, but most of all a princess must have a Knight. Veteran knights are naturally the best, and old wounds never keep them from the battlefield. My final draft pick… is Act Yasukawa!

Act appears, signature eyepatch and all, and the room is stunned. Cormier references how Act was one of STARDOM’s best competitors until the infamous Ghastly Match of 2018, when a wrestler went rogue and ended Yasukawa’s career by shattering her facial bones. She kneels in front of Saki-sama like a proper knight and kisses her hand.

As stunned as anyone, Kagetsu manages to announce that her final draft pick is Natsu Sumire, and Momo drafts new signee VENY (aka ASUKA).

With the draft completed, the ring announcer tells us it’s time for the Main Event: the special 4-Way Exhibition Match between the Faction Leaders!
---

MATCH #7! MAIN EVENT! Kagetsu vs Momo Watanabe vs Saki-sama (w/ Act Yasukawa) vs Mayu Iwatani! All four faction leaders showcase their signature styles in this match. Saki-sama takes a lot of the offense in the early going, establishing her as a threat on the Main Event level, but the others adapt quickly and the match becomes a dead heat. Mayu and Momo both hit their finishers and both kick out. Kagetsu looks to capitalize, climbing the turnbuckle for her 450 Splash… but she stops when Act suddenly climbs onto the apron! Kagetsu leaves her perch, sauntering over to her old rival, daring her to try something ONLY TO GET BUSHWHACKED FROM BEHIND! Saki-sama delivers her Armtrap Cobra-Twist Crucifix Driver, The Quetzacoatl!

1, 2, 3! Saki-sama pins Kagetsu in 12:05 to win her first STARDOM Main Event!
---

After getting her arm raised, Saki-sama and Act quickly leave, and Momo and Mayu help an irate Kagetsu to her feet. Kagetsu looks ready to tear the ring apart over being screwed, but her raging is interrupted by unexpected music:

~Style and Grace, I’m never gonna be done~
~Lean on in… and welcome to the Queendom!~

Stephanie McMahon steps onto the ramp! She complains that she’s been sitting backstage all night watching, and is NOT impressed. “STARDOM went out of their way to get me into their company, BEGGED me to use my family’s knowledge of This Business and help them succeed. And after I agreed to help them they couldn’t be bothered to give me time on their TV debut. ‘The factions are our biggest asset!’ ‘The wrestlers are the stars of the show, they need to shine!’ They insisted you three NOBODIES are more important to STARDOM than STEPHANIE MCMAHON! You know what that makes you, ladies? Competition. And my father taught me EXACTLY what to do when you have competition.”

A figure hidden behind an umbrella steps onto the ramp next to Stephanie... and reveals itself with a flourish

One look at her gear makes it clear for Michael Cole: this is not STARDOM’s Kairi Hojo, it’s WWE’s Kairi SANE.

The leaders stare tensely at the returning mega-star... which leaves them vulnerable to an ambush! Sasha Mercedez and Kay Lee Ray slide into the ring from nowhere and lay all three out with steel chairs!

Kairi waltzes to the ring, climbs the turnbuckle nearest to Mayu Iwatani, then drops an InSane Elbow on the helpless champion. She squeezes the unconscious woman's face and laughs. Stephanie joins her minions, and all four pose to close out the show.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

super macho dude posted:

NJPW Served RAW! 1/6/20: Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 on Food Network: Goto's Grocery Games

Preshow DARK MATCH
1. Dave Mastiff, Big Show, Braun vs Abdullah Kobayashi, Yuji Okabayashi, Daisuke Sekimoto  

Braun submits Kobayashi with a lifting head & arm choke  -14 mins

Crowd seems into it when BJ Strong (Sekimoto & Okabayashi) have a state down with Braun & Big Show (introduced before the match as The Colossal Connection!) after the match in a huge beef-off.

Preshow DARK MATCH
2. OTIS vs Manabu Nakanishi

OTIS pins Nakanishi after flattening him with The Caterpillar -16 mins

Main Show
Since this is prerecorded, the intro video package kicks off, various action shots of NJPW wrestlers set to: https://youtu.be/0oj0vULR7PY
It cuts to a green screen shot of our Food Network announcing team of Kevin Kelly, Gino Gambino, and Guy Fieri! Gino is finally wearing a Bullet Club tracksuit.

Kevin Kelly: "Welcome everybody to New Japan Pro Wrestling on the Food Network! I'm Kevin Kelly, and I'm joined by my co hosts the inimitable Gino Gambino...

*Gino salutes*

...and legendary chef, TV personality, restauranteur, and all around super cool dude GUY FIERI!"

Guy Fieri: "That's right Kevin Kelly, Guy Fieri here and I gotta tell ya, I am SUPER STOKED to be here with you guys and even MORE STOKED to be calling these matches for the beefiest most bodacious wrestling promotion on the planet, NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING."

Gino Gambino: "And tonight is the first episode of NJPW Served RAW, Monday nights ONLY on Food Network, isn't that right Kevin?"

Kevin Kelly: "You are correct Gino, and not only that but this episode is a very special episode of NJPW Served RAW, because tonight will be the first time on U.S. television we'll be showing IN ITS ENTIRETY night 2 of Wrestle Kingdom 14. I CANNOT wait."

Guy Fieri: "Kickin' rad!"

Kevin Kelly: "So without further ado, lets start the show!"

-recap of Hiromu vs Liger from night 1, and the attack by Ryota Hama afterwards-

Hama comes down to ring wearing an insanely plus-sized BUSHI outfit (which is still too tight on his 400+lb frame, and with Pietr Rabbit as his new valet, wearing as little as possible without being pornographic.

3.  IWGP LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Hiromu(c) vs Ryota Hama (with Pietr)

Hama pins Hiromu after Hiromu fails to get him up for a Timebomb, so Hama power bombs him then squashes Hiromu with a running splash -5 mins

Sanguine posted:

Hiromu :smith:
The Tokyo Dome crowd is in a hushed silence.
Hama gets on the mic and says the Light Heavyweight Championship will no longer be called that while HE holds the title in his possession.  It is now the IWGP SUPERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!  Pietr kisses him on his cheek and shows off her rear end to a beaten and humiliated Hiromu.

Jerusalem posted:

WTF IS GOING ON WHY IS HAMA DRESSED LIKE BUSHI WHY DID HIROMU EVEN WRESTLE HIM WHY WHY WHY

bodytoucher posted:

BEEF
4. Night 1 Losers Exhibition
Jay White (with Gedo) vs Ibushi

frankenfreak posted:

It's loser time!

Tekopo posted:

i hope murder kota makes an appearance again

Dias posted:

ibushi what the gently caress type of bump was that

Seams posted:

ibushi you’re too beautiful to be taking mick Foley bumps

John Dudebro posted:

DARK KOTA RISES

Sugar Blaster posted:

OH gently caress STONE COLD KILLER IBUSHI

John Dudebro posted:

Kota ibushi is too dumb to feel pain and as a result is unstoppable

Jerusalem posted:

:stare:

Rarity posted:

KOTA PLEASE PROTECT YOUR HEAD IT'S WHERE YOUR BRAIN IS

extradite THIS! posted:

Gedo is worse than Hitler

Artelier posted:

NOT LIKE THIS

Jay White pins Ibushi after hitting the Blade Runner AFTER an exchange of Gedo interference AND Red Shoes getting knocked out and doing generally Red Shoes things. -26 mins

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress

YOU

SWITCHBLADE

Cavauro posted:

they are burying abushy pretty bad. should go to aew

Rarity posted:

AAAARRRRGGHH loving SWITCHBLADE I HATE HIM

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

That'll do, Jay. That'll do.

jesus WEP posted:

i really really hate when a referee is as stupid as that

Afterwards, Jay White beats up Ibushi, holds him down and Gedo tries to run him over with his Rascal Scooter but before he can kill him...

...-AJ Styles & The OC Return video package on the Beef-o-Tron! Jay White looks dumbfounded. AJ appears live on video after the highlight reel and "swears to take back the Bullet Club from the clutches of Jay White and Gedo's fat sweaty fingers". Gedo is absolutely livid and screaming at the image of AJ Styles, only to turn his head to see Kota Ibushi high kick Jay White in the face. For the second time this weekend, Jay White falls onto the Rascal Scooter and Gedo makes a quick escape up the ramp. Ibushi, still in Murder Mode, slowly stalks his way up the ramp.

5. THE ACE VS THE PHENOM
Hiroshi Tanahashi  vs The Undertaker

Sanguinia posted:

ACE! USE ALL YOUR POWERS AND UNLOCK THE FORBIDDEN DOOR!

Chris James 2 posted:

So this is finally the match where we see The Undertaker put to rest, right? There's no way Tana doesn't literally kill him through sheer work rate alone

MJeff posted:

gotta be better than the Reigns match at Mania

super macho dude posted:

HOLY gently caress Taker brought the druid entrance with him :getin:

Tanahashi pins Taker with the High Fly Flow after a dragon suplex -15 mins

Thauros posted:

:rip:

Jerusalem posted:

That was...
good?
Holy poo poo THAT WAS GOOD.
...After the match, Tanahashi does the John Cena "U CANT SEE ME" hand motion to a beaten Undertaker, then salutes the hard camera before air guitaring.

seth rollins posted:

:psyduck:

gimme head posted:

:kingsley:

StarkRavingMad posted:

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?
6.  DOUBLE GOLD DASH
Best 2/3 Falls

Okada (c) vs Naito (c)

JOHN CENA posted:

in this match i only support the golden god, and who i earnestly believe to be the greatest wrestler to walk the earth, kazuchika okada.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TONAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO NAI-TO

Ganso Bomb posted:

Fuckin' do it, Naito, with your weird coat and terrible hair.
Naito pins Okada first fall at 8 mins with a flash pin after Okada hits a Rainmaker but gets greedy and goes for a second one.

jesus WEP posted:

WHAT!?

Oatgan posted:

wrap it up Okadailures

Jose posted:

Dont worry, Okada is going just keep spamming Rainmakers and win this in 5 more minutes

Sticky Nate posted:

there's still like 40 minutes left in this match, minimum. just head to the bathroom and squeeze until your vision blurs

Rarity posted:

NAITO TAKE MY ENERGY つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

extradite THIS! posted:

Kota unlocked Murder Okada yesterday rip Naito

Cavauro posted:

okada take my enrgy ヾ(。 ̄□ ̄)ツ

JOHN CENA posted:

there is a very dangerous and fundamental flaw to the destino. you leave your wrist naked and exposed in the setup. Naito cannot beat Okada.

Cavauro posted:

okada
~(˘▾˘~)

take my
~(˘▾˘)~

groove
(~˘▾˘)~

jesus WEP posted:

NAITOOOOOOOOOO (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *

TV Zombie posted:

I THOUGHT THAT WAS IT. NAITO KICKED OUT O F THE RAINMAKER!

30 MINUTES PASSED?? HOW

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Holy Okada getting booed

JOHN CENA posted:

TWO MORE RAINMAKERS

LETS PUT ONE MORE IN OKADA

jesus WEP posted:

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) naito

TriffTshngo posted:

HE ACTUALLY HIT THE STARDUST PRESS!?!?!

AND IT DIDN'T WORK!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jiro posted:

JESUS CHRIST HE DROPPED HIM ON HIS loving HEAD
Naito pins Okada for the second final time at 42 mins with a Destino (the real one) after countering the Rainmaker AFTER The Stardust Press

PunkBoy posted:

HE ACCEPTED HIS PAST. THE STARDUST GENIUS IS NO LONGER AN ALBATROSS. BUT THE TRANQUILO IS WHAT WINS IN THE END.
-after match, Shinsuke Nakamura's music hits!

super macho dude posted:

WHAT!? :kingsley: Nakamura has entered the Impact Zone!

Thauros posted:

:stare:
He returns, comes down to the ring, helps a reeling and dazed Okada up, bows to him as the Tokyo crowd and the Announcing team go absolutely bonkers...

but then gives him the Bomaye Knee!

Chris James 2 posted:

The Assasination Of Lil Kazu By the Coward Nakamura

Rarity posted:

:vince:
He salutes Naito with the LIJ fist bump, they both watch Okada get carried away crying, and he leaves Naito to address the crowd, still chanting his name like mad.

super macho dude posted:

Nakamura is TRANQUILO? :kiss:
Naito says some Naito stuff, and declares "that if Hama can change the belt and if Shane Taylor can get rid of a belt completely, then why cant he just merge the Heavy and Intercontinental belt? Yeah, I think that's a pretty good idea. And Okada? Dont cry too much, hombre. Get your head right and maybe we can do it again, no?"

MJeff posted:

Oh my god that shot of Okada.

I love these boys.

ThePariah posted:

Shingo, EVIL, Sanada, and now the newest member of LIJ Nakamura enter the ring and stand beside Naito, looking cool and collected and frankly, muy tranquilo. Naito lays the two belts at his feet and they all do the fist bump raise as it fades back to the green screen with Kevin Kelly, Gino Gambino, and Guy Fieri in the NJPW Food Network Big Beef Zone. They all sign off and say tune in next week for the regularly scheduled NJPW Served RAW from Korakuen Hall...

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 16, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Begins!
Eight teams clash in the greatest tournament in sports entertainment history this week on NXT. A chance at the NXT Tag Team Titles hangs in the balance as sixteen of Full Sail's finest try to build momentum in the first round. Who will move on, and who will find their dreams immediately fizzled? Find out this Wednesday, LIVE at 8/7C on the USA Network.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Begins!
Eight teams clash in the greatest tournament in sports entertainment history this week on NXT. A chance at the NXT Tag Team Titles hangs in the balance as sixteen of Full Sail's finest try to build momentum in the first round. Who will move on, and who will find their dreams immediately fizzled? Find out this Wednesday, LIVE at 8/7C on the USA Network.

An eight team tag tournament? Starting this month? Wonder where you got that idea...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I Before E posted:

An eight team tag tournament? Starting this month? Wonder where you got that idea...

It's not only the greatest tournament in sports entertainment history, its also the most original.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

at least ours is round robin style with groups which honestly was probably a mistake

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Actually looking into it ROH's Tag Wars only started being in January in 2019 so I think NXT has the precedent on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ring Of Honor Worldwide January 6 Review And Recap | Loudness Of Grappling -- article by Trevor Bradley posted:

In a week of big news, Ring Of Honor getting a deal with G4 may not have gotten as much attention as some big moves, but after years of what some may call "terminal decline", some may call "being picked over by NXT", and I call "The Delirious Effect", ROH has a new lease on life.

Incidentally, I tuned in about 15 minutes early and caught the last segment of the rebooted X-Play with Tim Rogers and Heather Alexandra, and while that's not wrestling-related, it is very good #content. Anyway, on to the recap.

Intro Package
To begin the show, Paul Heyman ran down the night’s card: “TONIGHT, on the FIRST episode of ROH Worldwide, ONLY on the revitalized G4 Network, that’s TV THAT’S PLUGGED IN, we’re giving you a high voltage SHOCK of Ring Of Honor action, as The Emerald Crusader, former GHC Champion Kaito Kiyomiya, takes on former KO-D Openweight Champion Tetsuya Endo and LA Sombra takes on the Laredo Kid in the first night of our Top Prospect Tournament,! Dragon Lee, our TV Champion, has a non-title match against former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion BUSHI! The Beaver Boys take on El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori and multi-time ROH Tag Champs Jay and Mark Briscoe face the high-flying, high-energy MexaBlood in the first night of our Tag Wars Tournament! Katsuhiko Nakajima, the Kensuke Office luminary who has held titles all over Japan, faces one of Ring Of Honor’s hottest up and comers, the Beer City Bruiser! And after all that, there’s still our main event, in which our Six-Man Tag Team Champions, Villain Enterprises, defend their titles against two of the hottest properties in the 2019 World Wrestling Draft, Uhaa Nation and Akira Tozawa, as well as an as yet unnamed talent of their choosing. It’s a new year, baby, and we’re going in WITH A BANG!”

Top Prospect Tournament Quarterfinal: Kaito Kiyomiya def. Tetsuya Endo with King’s Road

This led right into our first match, as ROH introduced two of its most interesting young signees, Kaito Kiyomiya and Tetsuya Endo. As you’d expect from a match between two former champions looking to advance in a tournament, this was a strategically worked match, with each man striking a balance between flashy offense and canny defense. Endo in particular got an early advantage by teasing the Sky Twisted Press before instead going for a top rope victory roll as Kiyomiya attempted to catch him off guard. This didn’t get him the win, though, as when Endo later attempted the Tetsuya Sky Spanish Fly, Kiyomiya slid behind to hit a bridging Tiger Suplex, the King’s Road, for the three. A great start in ROH for Kiyomiya, even if the short match didn’t reach the heights NOAH fans may be used to. (***1/4)

Paul Heyman teaser: Next week, he reveals his Beast!

Filmed in a steamy room bathed in harsh orange light, Paul Heyman cut a promo about how he’s a dangerous man because he makes a point of making friends with people who have the killer instinct. Next week, he will reveal his newest dangerous ally, a beast that will chew ROH up and spit it out!

Dragon Lee def. BUSHI with the Dragon Driver

BUSHI, to our knowledge the only LIJ talent swept aside by New Japan’s new Big Boy Season philosophy, did not have as fortuitous a start in ROH as either Endo or Kiyomiya, getting in only a few bits of offense against the current ROH TV Champion before being pinned with a Dragon Driver. (**1/4)

Special announcement: Rey Mysterio Jr. will appear on Honor Reigns Supreme!

Not a lot of information about this appearance, but I’ll assume those details will be given in the weeks to come. Interestingly, most of the b-roll used was from All In, Rey’s only previous appearance at an ROH-adjacent event.

Katsuhiko Nakajima def. Beer City Bruiser with a Brutality Kick

Beer City Bruiser is often at his best when fighting hard-hitting Japanese talents, as anyone who saw his 2018 NEVER title match with Hirooki Goto can tell you, and he was just as good here, hitting Nakajima with some sick lariats and taking hellacious strikes in a short but brutal match that ended with Nakajima hitting the Brutality Kick to the side of Bruiser’s head after a low kick took him to his knees. One of the more exciting matches on the show, given its duration. (***3/4)

Promo for Beer City Bruiser's Honor Club exclusive series, Boozin' Around Japan

BCB recently entered what’s been referred to as a “joint custody deal” with ROH and NJPW, and it seems ROH is making the best of it by using BCB’s time with NJPW to shoot a show about the best places to drink [for cheap] in Japan.

Tag Wars Quarterfinal: Beaver Boys def. El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori with a Lungblower/German combo

Beaver Boys, acquired in the same deal that saw Hot Sauce and Joe Hendry go to All Elite Wrestling, were not the constantly-losing Dark Order devotees they were just a few weeks back, and they showed it, baffling El Phantasmo with a barrage of high-energy tag moves as he attempted to tag Ishimori into the match, only making the tag after a John Silver enzuigiri went wide of the mark and El-P took the opportunity to clamber into the corner for the tag. From there, Ishimori was able to control the pace, using his frankly disturbing musculature to outmaneuver the Meat Man and his speed to overcome Alex Reynolds’ height advantage. However, the Beaver Boys got the advantage back after Silver finally won a shoulderblock exchange with Ishimori (after previously being fooled by a baseball slide that allowed Ishimori to get behind him and hit a Cipher UTAKI), and after a Lungblower/German Suplex combo, Silver got the pin in an enjoyable match. (***3/4)

Afterwards, El Phantasmo cut a very angry promo, getting out only a few words before the audio cut out and a chyron came up that said "ROH apologizes for the words of El Phantasmo. He has donated his payment from this event to a special needs charity." It seems he hasn’t learned since the 2019 J Cup.

The Squat Team(Jeff Cobb, Miroslav (w/CJ Perry), and Dan Maff) def. El Bachelero, Romantic Touch, and Adam Brooks

This episode saw the debut of two new factions with familiar members, as Miroslav, the former Bulgarian Brute, teamed up with fellow large lads Dan Maff and Jeff Cobb to take on All Amor Express, the trio of The Romantic Touch, El Bachelero, who I'm 95% sure is Kenny King, and "Loose Love" Adam Brooks, who came out in what I can only describe as a Slutty Art Barr Halloween costume, complete with a pink and white jacket festooned with hearts.

This was mostly a squash, as Bachelero, Romantic Touch, and Loose Love bumped like hell for the Squat Team, presumably formed due to ROH sharing in some of NJPW’s Beef Madness. Everyone on the Squat Team got their spots in, but Miroslav was the one to get the pin with the Barrel Bomb, a gutwrench falcon arrow that almost broke Adam Brooks in half. A dominant showcase, but not too much more. (**1/2)

After that, they replayed the Punk video they released on Twitter earlier. Still a very compelling prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MSi2YKggQ

Top Prospect Tournament quarterfinal: LA Sombra def. Laredo Kid with the Sombra Driver

This was the match that marked the transition into the high-workrate portion of the evening, with every match in the second hour competing for match of the night. To my knowledge LA Sombra and Laredo Kid have never worked together, yet they moved like they've wrestled a thousand times, each man perfectly in position for the other. Some of the acrobatics in this match blew my mind, in particular a shooting star press from the ramp to the floor that had the audience on their feet. Sombra got the win after dizzying Laredo Kid with a Meteora in the corner and planting him with Sombra’s patented schoolboy driver. A breakneck match that had the crowd gasping in delight, though each man clearly held something back, saving their riskiest maneuvers for later in the tournament. (****1/4)

After the match, any doubt that this new(? It’s a long story, which the latest Mythology Of Honor: The Respect Years goes into) La Sombra would be welcomed back into Los Ingobernables was dispelled, as Rush and Dragon Lee stood proud alongside him. Paul Heyman mentioned on commentary that Rush would be facing ROH World Champion PCO at Honor Reigns Supreme, a rematch from their meeting at Final Battle 2019.

Tag Wars Quarterfinal: MexaBlood (Flamita and Bandido) def. The Briscoes

This was a great clash of styles, with the Briscoes’ hard hitting style matching MexaBlood’s high flying prowess. However, Bandido’s strength was greater than the Briscoes expected, and he pinned Jay Briscoe with the Spanish Fly in a thrilling match. (****)

ROH 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Monster Express def. Villain Enterprises - TITLE CHANGE!

After Uhaa and Tozawa came to the ring together, they looked at each other, looked at the tron, and just smiled as the lights went down and a familiar song played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4DrPwny8xQ

This was a Dragon Gate-style 6-man with all the pace and spectacle that entails. Monster Express of course had the advantage in this style, with Uhaa and Tozawa as in sync as they were when they last teamed under the Monster Express banner, but Villain Enterprises were more than up to the task. Brody in particular impressed with lucha armdrags and dives that you would not expect from a man of his size as Marty attempted to ground his opponents and PCO laid in the leather. Steen, who seemed revitalized alongside Tozawa, finally pinned Brody with the Package Piledriver. Uhaa, Tozawa, and Steen all looked fantastic, and this was a great main event. (****1/4)

After the match, Steen sat on the mat and motioned for a mic.

“You know, when I got word that I was ROH’s first round pick in the World Wrestling Draft, when Terry Funk yelled ‘WELCOME HOME, BIG MAN’ from the dais and put that ROH snapback on my head for the photo op, one thought came to mind. “You can’t go home again.” I’m a different man than I was in 2014, and when I go through the locker room back there, every face I see is new. You can never step in the same river twice. Even the people I recognize have had their own journeys, and none of us will ever be who we were back then. Honestly, I probably wouldn’t want that, for myself or anyone else.” Steen chuckled. “So coming in tonight, I didn’t feel like I was home at all, not yet. But one thing… one thing felt the same. When I came through that curtain and heard this crowd, a crowd of ROH fans, go crazy for me, THAT felt like home! When I tagged in Akira Tozawa, a guy I’ve respected since the first time I stood in a ring with him, just over 9 years ago, THAT felt like family! SO FROM NOW ON, MY FAMILY IS MONSTER EXPRESS, AND MY HOME IS ROH! THANK YOU, GOOD NIGHT!” Steen, Tozawa, and Uhaa all took a knee and did the Monster Express pose as Steen beamed to the crowd.

As he stood up and held the 6-Man Title high, he added one thing.

“Oh yeah… PCO. I’m gonna be here for a while, and I don’t plan on taking just one title. Watch out.”

As PCO glared back from the ramp, ROH Worldwide went off the air for its first episode.

E: okay the formatting is fixed, please enjoy these theme songs

I Before E fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 17, 2020