Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

1)Which Four Cities sound fun?
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Seattle, WA
St. Louis, MO

2)Which Season do we start in?
2020-2021 season.

Also, why Mesa instead of Tucson? At least Tucson you can draw on all of Pima county/UA fans rather than another team in Phoenix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

ABA

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Shoot for Bogdan, defense just slows down games and takes away from time on the beach.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Seattle Cthulu's F
Montreal Voyagers C

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

Holy poo poo. How did I never hear of that one.

Anyhow, it's not too early to talk about potential destinations, or about moving teams, or about rebranding teams. I was actually gonna bring up the Clippers.

Does anyone have an era of Clippers they're attached to? Most of their jerseys have been the same for basically ever, but their current floor in game is still celebrating their 50th anniversary, which is asinine. I could move or rebrand them, too, but I am, at minimum, reskinning them.

Does the game include/have a mod for the original 3 sails logo? Might as well go old school if they're stuck in the 50 years celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

MagusofStars posted:

St. Louis also had a successful basketball team back in the early days of the NBA, which relocated to the current Atlanta Hawks in the late 60's.

They also had an ABA team for a couple years in the mid-70's, though the most notable thing about the St. Louis ABA team is the :wtf: fact that the NBA agreed to hand them around 2% of the league's annual TV revenues in perpetuity (i.e., forever) to fold their franchise which was already on the verge of bankruptcy. It's generally estimated that the total value of the deal (including the price the NBA eventually paid to get out of it) was somewhere around $800 million dollars over 40 years for, worth repeating, folding a lovely failing franchise in a league that was about to collapse. It's widely considered to be the greatest deal in the history of US professional sports and one of the most incredible business deals ever made in any industry.

One other fun fact about the ABA/NBA merger is that the owner of the Kentucky Colonels, instead of accepting a similar deal he took a straight cash buyout of $3 million. He then used that money to buy...The Buffalo Braves/San Diego Clippers. Truly a cursed franchise.