Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

1)Which Four Cities sound fun?
Anchorage AK
Buffalo NY
Honolulu HI
Vancouver BC Canada

2)Which Season do we start in?
2020-2021 season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sign 'em both!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Namtab posted:

Let the league have what the league wants. Adapt, survive.

:yeah: let the game do at least one ridiculously stupid broken thing

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

JackBandit posted:

So I see Dolan sold the Knicks or kicked the bucket in this universe

more along the lines of "even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut, especially when you drop him in a bucket of nuts".

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Can you even call it a rotation when you only take out one player :psyduck:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

QUESTION 1: D
QUESTION 2: D

Draft a Luka stopper. Draft two of them. That's literally the only thing that's prevented multiple rings IMO. I don't know exactly what skill(s) this requires but find whoever's best at them in the rear end-end of the draft & get them.

QUESTION 3: A?
Sure move the team, but is it a 2K decision where they go & if they re-brand or is that something you/the thread controls?

QUESTION 4: B
More blood for the blood gods, more teams for the team gods?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Seattle D
Montreal H

I just like the color scheme v:v:v

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

Given that strikes-shortened seasons with playoffs are not uncommon, did they say why they didn't just call the season and do the normal 16-team playoff format? That seems the most natural

more games played = more money made

Bol Bol looked good IRL, and it was weirdly uncomfortable to view him as a rookie instead of a multi-time NBA champion.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Could you move Minnesota to the Southwest division? At least that way they wouldn't constantly be changing time zones on intradivision road trips.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

1) Morgan
2) Package C, trade for Timmy Vaughn Gogh :v:
not enough name drafting in this thread IMO

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Pick 34
NEED for SPEED

Pick 68
Galaxy Brain

Three Step Trade
B) Execute Steps 1 and 2 of the Plan; use the money to Pay Teddy Vaughn

Garland can walk.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

So what do they put effort into, since the sim elements of the game are clearly ignored?

Microtransactions, and the modes that all but require them to be competitive. Considering that every new version sells just as well (or in Madden's case, better) than the previous, they have no incentive to put effort into fixing bugs or upgrading modes.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

way to bury the lede, VSM. That's great news and I wish y'all the best. The thread will be here whenever you're ready to return.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Pick 34: Best-looking Prettiest center!
Pick 58: Best Name Available

Also wow, just one vote short of having a play-out tournament for the top 2 picks & the death of the draft lottery. What happens to teams that traded their picks, do you end up with playoff teams playing the worst teams in the league in the playout?

Three votes short of a 20 second shot clock...and 5 short of turning the league into a free throw shooting contest :psyduck:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

B)TRADE B "An Old Target"
A)Pause the simulation when Barbosa comes back from injury and examine some potential trades

I would suggest question 3, download more assets and relocate/rebrand some more teams (the Timberwolves in celebration of their re-conferencing, in particular), but considering 2K likes to delete your assets that seems like a huge waste of your time.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MagusofStars posted:

I'd guess it's primarily to limit the amount of records the game has to deal with updating and remembering. I'm also guessing that 80 years is already way beyond what most people run their sims for.

dollars to donuts something breaks in the sim in years 81+ and they couldn't figure out what it was and/or how to fix it; as you guessed, it's probably a memory overflow & it's easier to just say "yknowwhat, cap at 80 seasons" than it is to reconfigure the saving algorithm to try to squeak out another few years of data & break god knows what in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

There's only one option left. We must save the league from themselves. Hire that man!