Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Vancouver - I was but a small child when the Grizzlies came to Vancouver, and I loved basketball. So naturally I cheered for them, right? No, of course not. I was obsessed with dinosaurs and so naturally concluded that the Toronto Raptors were way cooler. In fact I ended up hating the Grizzlies because... I guess their mascot mocked the Raptors when they played or something, I honestly don't quite remember. Anyway, I naturally interpreted this as some kind of unforgivable sin. I was still sad when they left, though, because it meant that I couldn't go see them play the Raptors anymore. And then shortly afterwards I lost interest in basketball entirely when I stopped playing it and realized that hockey is a much more fun sport to watch. In conclusion, we must correct the mistakes of the past and give Vancouver a basketball team with a cool enough name that no child shall henceforth abandon it for a cooler team from a different city. Plus wouldn't it be hilarious if the best team in the NBA didn't play in the US? Wait...
Montreal - On that note, why not give Montreal a team as well? They lost the Expos, they deserve something nice.
Hartford - Continuing the trend of cities that have famously lost teams in other major sports leagues, give Hartford a team.
Seattle - The perfect rival for a team in Vancouver. Also I guess they lost their basketball team and are bitter about it or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Eh, I don't think anybody here cares about Memphis enough to try to spite them. Personally not a fan of abstract concept names anyway.

A few name ideas: Thunderbirds after the mythological bird (this probably wouldn't be used in real life because it's used by the University of British Columbia, but it's a pretty cool name, I think). Ravens after the trickster god, also associated with the area (this was the name of a very short-lived lacrosse team here). Dragons because dragons are cool enough that my younger self may have considered them as worth supporting over the Raptors (there was apparently a minor professional basketball team here called the Dragons from 2017 to 2019 that I had never heard of until now). Thunder Dragons because that's the coolest kind of dragon, obviously. There's no connection to the city, I just think it'd be a funny over-the-top name.

As for Honolulu... I dunno, the Volcanoes?

Either way, we should definitely control Vancouver. I'll wait to vote until I see other name ideas.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

All right, I like the Ravens logo better so I'll go for that. And Honu seems cool. But of course we should control Vancouver.