Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1. Which Cities sound like fun?
1. Newark, NJ
2. Anchorage, AK
3. Albuquerque, NM
4. Hartford, CT

what season?
2020-21

Albuquerque for personal reasons
NJ for the Revenge of the Nets
Anchorage for lol
Hartford for Whalers Part 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Thordain posted:

1. I think they should be the Honolulu Honu. It's a fun tongue twister of a name and it has local significance:

Give them some 90s rear end Jerseys, sea green and blue.

Second this bad boy.

2. Ravens would be okay, I’d kinda be down with Dragons though.

3. Honolulu all the way, I doubt jet lag is a thing in 2k but I wanna see if it’s possible.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Veryslightlymad posted:

AHAHAHAHA. This garbage fire game.

Guess the thread's over, everyone.

(The thread is not over. I overrode this decision and added my two teams. I have another fun image about the league Re-alignment that it suggested)

Yeah that’s sums up much of my experience with 2k lolol. Forcing through a thing because the game refused you the first time.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

BBC let’s invest in the future!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Mykhailiuk to Perimeter D and Aaron Holiday in offensive fundamentals because he disappointed in Summer League.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

D (Power Forward) and B, I think

If we can’t get Tatum, we need to start filling in size, defense, and inside presence.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Oh good, I’m not alone.

I say do whatever is easiest, that is so stupid that such simple stuff is so poorly done.

Like, if I remember right, Some of these are problems from like, 2k16 they never bothered to fix.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Guper posted:

Extend Holiday for 4 years

Extend Wright for 2 years since he'll probably (maybe?) start declining by then

Yeah, this works for me. Also lol at “70 point Doncic“, wonder if that’ll become the normal thing for the season.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Arcidiacano is the guy from Northern Iowa that broke Kansas hearts so he’s a good man in my book

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Thordain posted:

We want Olynyk back, we'll be strong enough at small forward to go small and shift down if we need to. Better to get some more backup bigs given our lads' injury history.

Try G, look for a decent deal that punts our obligations down the road, but if nothing good comes up then go E.

This. We’re close to having the pieces we need.

Edit: Also God Doncic is funny as hell

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lol 2k, I guess this is what focusing on nothing but MyTeam online gets us.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I say extend him early, maybe for 2 years? The length, I’m unsure on; but he’s been really good for our Honu.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

C and Best Name, even if we lose.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I would love to see Delon Wright, but I think it’ll be old man Gobert

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Jadecore posted:

Eminescu, Kabengele, Filimon. Wouldn't mind Gobert, but disruption to team chemistry isn't a good look in my book.

I agree with this. Gobert played well for us but chemistry issues are chemistry issues, and I hope Miller can find a better fit, since he seems really good.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1B, 2 years, I don’t want to move Holiday until we’re sure we can keep our other 2 PGs
2A, Wright is a good dude and I want him to retire with us if possible.
3A

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

B, but also look for a fun/cool name if possible

And yeah let’s pay Filimon

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

JackBandit posted:

Mmm I’m just imagining the bill Simmons tears in a world where the Celtics cheaped their way into a 1-33 record.

Haha same, I can't imagine Brad Stevens's face as he ponders going back to Butler.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Veryslightlymad posted:

Bilic records Filimon and Kabengele celebrating with some LSD. Seriously, what is wrong with Filimon's face? Or Bilic's face?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Thordain posted:

Nah, I take it back, that's funny as hell.

1. Howard Wood sounds good to me, but also I'm just thinking about loading up on SGs.

2. Sasha Bilic is a legitimately valuable piece, the sort of defender we should absolutely hold onto given our system. I also wonder if the AI is going to value him that highly though, since his numbers are so low across the board. Let's say 25 million per year, and hold out hope we can knock some sense into him and get him to play to his strengths more.

3. Yeah, let's lower them, this is just silly. No one getting picked in the top ten and going at age 24.

Agree with all these

Edit: also if I got fired and replaced by the guy who went 1-33, even if it was Brad Stevens, I’d probably decide coaching wasn’t for me.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 30, 2020

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Look I love Vince Edwards but lol at him being worth 95 million over 4 years

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1. I’m leaning towards C, but we would likely see Barea and he’d pull 15-25 points out of his rear end.

2. Extend Floyd 4 years

3. I will always be on the Delon retires a Honu wagon. 2 more years!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Dick Steele

ABQ: Hometown bias
Montreal: More Canadian teams
Seattle: SuperSonics come home
Vegas: Finally Vegas has all sports

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

E and C, I really appreciate the effort someone put into the skyline jerseys, even if they aren't as clean.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Keep Kabengele
A
A
Extend Floyd 3/4 years, Fillimon 2

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1. A, give them Tim Duncan or another former player, and give Henderson to the Knicks (cue Stephen A Smith scream)
2. A
3. 13-15 mil a year

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

So Lebron just... vanished?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

JustJeff88 posted:

He retired, age 39, some in-game years ago. VSM made mention of it.

Yeah, my post was more in shock that he was never even picked up as an assistant.

Edit: also I’m happy that Vince Edwards is doing ok with the Mavs. Helps that he’s with Doncic.

And voting F, I like our squad and adding Giannis will give us two aging superstars to worry about.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 17, 2020

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The Courtney Baldwin story made me smile.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Haha the Knicks

Also ABG, imo

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

You did it, Delon's retiring a Honu. :unsmith:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, the uniform edit glitches that I’ve been experiencing have been around since 2k17, and their response to me was essentially “yeah we’ve known about it, have you considered playing other gamemodes?”

Online modes were a mistake.

But... I’m so happy for Delon. I’ll hang up a 55 banner just for him.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

C and A

Also jfc how does Henderson still keep coming up?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I believe in Steve

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Veryslightlymad posted:

Probably won't have time to update until the weekend because I have baby-sitting elsewhere all day tomorrow, but I simmed the first half of the season and oh my god, I'm completely in love with one of my rookies, he's just absolutely perfect for this team.

:ssh: .........it's the guy I didn't even draft, the incidental Euro-stash player I got in the Cisse trade

Let's go mystery player!!!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

whowhatwhere posted:

Draft: A. Dude's not gonna stick around for long and the Honu need a warm body.

Players:

All yes. They're all young (except for Francis), almost all really valuable, and the one that'd hit the hardest (Vaughn) is exactly the kind of player we regret letting go. At the very least he can be traded.

Garland:

Check for trades. Probably we should keep a Finals MVP, but any chance to improve should be looked at, especially since he's aging. That said, going by the weirdly regular championship schedule this team has, there's every chance the Honu aren't gonna win for another two years anyway so he might as well be kept.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking as well.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I say D and B, it’s hard to tell about Thornton though.

I want Bol to retire as a Honu if possible. If not, it’s what happens.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, Vaughn is giving me Donta Greene vibes, and I agree that you should shop Francis in the off-season.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Picks: A & E
Trade: A, let Garland walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I’m for this.