Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Just catching up with this thread, I love it. Great work.

I think it's hard to say no to option E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

1) Nunez or Cisse if Nunez not available
2) A
3) B
4) D - maybe Nunez can take over PG

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thank you for posting so regularly! I am really enjoying this.

I'm assuming you'd post it if so but I wanted to ask, have any big name people gone to any unexpected teams in their older age? I always enjoy that kind of stuff.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thordain posted:

I somehow missed that Herbert Curry is Italian? And now it's going to haunt me for the rest of my life. The first child named Herbert since the first world War and he's Italian. Beautiful, this game is great.

Unfortunately I think you misunderstood. Herbert Curry from the Hornets won the 3 point shooting contest, an an Italian guy from the Clippers won the dunk contest.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

It's all good! Thanks for the update. Speaking of Kyrie and the NBA - I was excited that they were going to play, but reality is, it's not a great idea. I'll take rooting for the Honu for now.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I would just go for highest potential big man with both picks. One of them has to work out.

Also I just have to say the Honu uniforms are so good.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

1 A
2 A

Sad that our expansion rivals vanquished us but it sets up a good story.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thank you for that post! I hope we get to continue this.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thanks for posting again. I hope we can stay here!

How are the Celtics doing with that salary? I'm always fascinated by what AI does in games like this. Like the Ravens having a 6 man only rotation with 4 guys playing 48 minutes. That's hilarious to me.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The AI turned around the Knicks. I think the Celtics will turn out ok. It's fascinating to watch.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Heck yeah. That was some suspense.

Random question - is that Anthony Davis' face on the Pelicans' lineup screen?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Ahhh this owns.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

1)Esteban Barea
Option D - looks really nice to me

2)William Floyd
Do we extend Floyd? And for how long? - I would say Yes, and I think another 4-5 years wouldn't be out of the question. He'd only be 31-32 at the end.

3)Delon Wright
Yeah sure, give him 2 more years. He's earned it.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

My choices ranked by preference:

Seattle, WA: 68/90/64
Saint Louis, MO: 61/50/62
Montreal, QC, CA: 68/35/65
Baltimore, MD: 62/70/62

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Call me crazy but I like A for Seattle. Basically any of those are good though. I just think A looks clean and modern.

It has to be C for Montreal for me.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The sentimental idea of keeping Kabengele for the rest of the season appeals to me but considering he wants to go somewhere else, I say let him.

1) A
2) A
3) A unless it burns you out
4) extend both for 2 years

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Dallas and Milwaukee starting to slip down the seeding a bit. I wouldn't count them out as long as Doncic and Giannis still live.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

1) A - Duncan would be cool but that's rough on the Thunder I guess. Another former player would be fun.
2) A
3) Agreed, 13-15 mil

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thanks for that big rundown. That is fascinating stuff to me.

I have a question about the operation of your league - you mentioned earlier you tweaked sliders I think to make older players decline less mentally, where can you find those settings? I wasn't able to find them in my current franchise.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

It's all good, that's what I needed to know! Thank you.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

AEG

I was looking forward to a potential Finals matchup against the Knicks, but this was awesome.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Man I went through my first offseason in my myleague yesterday and it is grueling. I also didn't understand half of what was happening. All the more respect to you for doing it repeatedly and understanding it!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

No problem, hope it works out!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Veryslightlymad posted:

The number of glitches and horrors that this game produces never ceases to amaze me. I'm too burned out to update immediately, but I simmed the rest of the off-season.

I discover that every player that I aged down in previous draft classes ceased aging entirely. As near as I can tell, it's because, when they're just a prospect, their age is listed as a number instead of a birth year, and when they're in the league, it switches to a birth year. There is no loving reason for this mechanic to exist, as it is merely visual anyhow. At any rate, if you edit age down, it sort of locks in place and then the player's birth year is stuck at, say "19" instead of a real figure, like "2010" .......................................................................

So I had to painstakingly edit over 100 players' birth years back in. Future drafts will be de-aged after players are drafted. gently caress this stupid game and gently caress the designers. I curse them so that all things purchased with their ill-gotten loot will be defective, that it may turn to ashes in their hands, that they live the rest of their lives in regret and sorrow.

EDIT
Counting this enormous glitch, I think that's.... 4? 5? major loving glitches I discovered during this update? I just.... I hate them. It feels wrong to hate a human being for something as trivial as a video game, but I hate the person in charge of this game.

Oh nooo I did this in my franchise. At least I only did it to a few before I got tired of it though.

JustJeff88 posted:

As much as I have enjoyed this LP, seeing all the bugs in it turned me off of my idea of doing my own personal franchise mode. I was going to either try to lead the Celtics back to dominance or start an expansion in Montréal and see if I can build it into a force, but I have gone off the idea because I don't have VSMs experience to navigate all the bullshit.

What bothers me most is that these are bugs that have, apparently, been around for years and years. If this was the first year for this game mode it would be somewhat forgivable, but it's absolute bollocks as-is. I had thought briefly about having VSM scrupulously document all of the bugs and submit them, but it's clear that the devs know about them and don't give a toss.

I dunno, it's still pretty fun. It upsets me that 2k has done what they have done to the game but myleague is still fun to me.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thank you for keeping this going! I have been swamped lately so haven't been posting as much but just caught up on the last few updates. I hope Bol can retire a Honu, it just seems right.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Thanks for the update, and still keeping it going!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Take care and don't feel guilty at all!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Glad to see this thread with updates to catch up on!

I say A and E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Seven Seconds sounds cool.