Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Nic Cage Bad Lieutenant is a dope rear end movie, nice choice

as for what yambo means gently caress you op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
loved this scene from Nic Cage Bad Lieutenant - "his soul's still dancing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDkoKoZdXY&t=5898s

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Ibexaz posted:

Man was just talking about getting around to watching this movie not 15 mins ago and then I click into a random lovely gbs thread and here we are talking about it its crazy, I've still got the rotten tomatoes page for it open

There's gotta be a word or phrase for this sorta thing, what's bigger than a coincidence but smaller than fate?

a co-inky dink

I'd recommend this movie though.

I had a mentally ill roommate in college who studied film but stopped going to class for about a month. This was around 2013. During that month he downloaded every single full length film Nicholas Cage has been in and there was just a constant roll of Nicholas Cage in our living room. I've seen all of that poo poo.

One thing I notice looking back is Nicholas Cage actually does show up and shine with good directors. Believe it or not Bad Lieutenant is a Werner Herzog film. Another great film he's in is the lesser-Scorsese flick Bringing Out the Dead. He teamed up on a Kaufman brothers script with the Spike Jonze-directed Adaptation which is great too. These are the movies you'll want to pay attention to. More recently, Joe (2013) was a great movie too!

Otherwise, get wasted and put on Deadfall. I see Cage has put out like two dozen movies since 2013 so I'm way behind.