Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your favorite faction?
Die Mechaniker
Imperial Balkania
Khan Industries
Saharan Republic
Enclave of the Bear
View Results

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Many of you have probably heard of the board game Risk, were you move plastic mans around and roll dice to try and take over the world, probably by holing up in Australia until you win the game. But have you ever wondered...

What if you could...change the rules a bit? Maybe make it easier to hold onto Asia, or just deciding that Europe would sound much better if it was named Goonland? What if you could draw Dickbutt on the board, and have it be perfectly legal within the rules of the game?

To that end, my fellow goons, I give you:

Several years back this game had an LP going here (link here, archives needed), and it was as ridiculous as you might expect: bears, supervillains with robot armies, tea-powered war machines, bears fighting robots fighting tea-powered war machines-

Anyway, in these trying times I want to resurrect that spirit of ridiculousness for a new generation of goons, and together we can create a hellworld of our very own!

Okay, so how do I draw Dickbutt on the board like you said?

How Legacy works is that each game played will leave some impact on the board. To start with it will look quite pristine:

Welcome to an Earth where nothing could possibly go wrong

But as time goes on the board will look very different. Cities will pop up, scars that change how territories work will be placed, winners will sign the board, possibly with dickbutts, the list goes on.

Not to mention that the game rules themselves will change as certain conditions are met:

Though some things perhaps should remain as they are...

That's hidden under the holder for all the plastic dudes, because that's how this game rolls

On that note, do not spoil what is in these packs for the rest of the thread! That would just be rude and the players have the right to make their own terrible decisions without knowing the consequences. :getin:

Hang on, what was that part about robots and bears?

Oh yeah, Risk Legacy has a (very barebones and hilariously cheesy) story behind it! Here it is:

quote:

In 2128, after years of global warfare, theoretical physicists joined together with astronomers, engineers, and particle physicists to announce a stunning new breakthrough: the ability to create new Earths. :science:

Instead of warring over ever-scarcer resources and ever-diminishing supplies, factions and populations could transport to a verdant Earth, untouched by humans.

With great fanfare, the colonists departed for the first earth clone created, ready to leave war behind.

It took two months for the first battle to take place.

It turns out that factions weren’t so ready to share, to give up past grudges, or to forgive trespasses.

As future Earths were colonized, future wars followed.

You have one of these Earths. It is waiting for your story, your wars. As of now there are no cities, no wars, even the continents are unnamed.

But all that will change.

The wars will come.

They always do. :black101:

Mmm, that's some good cheese on there. For the record, this Earth is number 323435, though we'll give it a proper name after 15 wars. Yes, 15, though that comes with the caveat that Legacy games move much faster than traditional Risk.

The factions in question are the nationalistic aristocracy of Imperial Balkania :chord:, the robotic hordes of Die Mechaniker :awesomelon:, the roving marauders of the Saharan Republic :mediocre:, the expendable cannon fodder of Khan Industries :commissar:, and the barbaric bear-riders of the Enclave of the Bear :byobear: - at least, for now...

The only thing they can agree on is that each and every one of them want one thing: World Domination.

Okay, so how is this game going to be run?

We're going to be doing this mostly the same way the last thread did, only instead of sending emails, I'm going to ask commanders to join in with this Discord group here so that way it's much easier to do things like hand out starting territories and such. That being said, commanders have to stay active in the thread, preferably with insults, posturing, and the like. Half the fun of this game is seeing the crazy personalities players come up with work off each other.

Aside from that, turn policy is literally copypasted from the last thread: Commanders have to PM me their orders within 24 hours from when I post the turn report. First strike means your troops do nothing, second means you're out (and your commander summarily executed). Asking for a time out or a substitute for a couple of turns is all right. My plan is to get turns written up within 48 hours at most (hopefully sooner) after all orders are submitted, but we'll see how that goes.

To join, announce in the thread that you want to be a commander and your preferred faction, and from there head into the Discord so we can work out the nitty-gritty like what cards you're getting, as well as cleaning up your backstory for whatever lunatic has taken the reins of your faction of choice for this war. This backstory stage is mandatory, but don't worry about how ridiculous or silly your faction concept sounds - this is a game where you have robots wrestling bears on the regular. If we get more than five applications per round, the extra ones will be automatically selected as commanders for the next one.

As for orders, commanders will PM me them over Discord, and I'll ask for clarifications if need be. Please don't send a massive list of conditional orders, but at the same time I'm going to want something more specific than "I want my mans to attack their mans."

After the first game, each player will create a Legacy, which will be documented in the thread. These will be separate from factions since they cover things like continent bonuses for specific players, certain abilities each player would have access to separate from their factions, and so on. The claims for those will be handled in the Discord after the initial sign-on. Each Legacy will also be given a snappy title that each new holder of it can rename at their discretion because why not.

And as one final sidenote, I'm going to request that any commanders from the previous thread not sign on at least for the early games. Later on I'm willing to forego that restriction, but I'd like to see some new blood starting off.

But I've never played Risk or done any character shenanigans before!

Don't worry about either point - we've got a bunch of players from the last thread around who can give advice on both if you feel like you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you really want to join in! Not to mention that losing in this game by definition still gives you the chance to make changes to the board/factions/what have you.

Got it, anything else we need to know?

Just this:

Table of Contents:

Records:
Factions and Legacies
World History
Current Rules

WWI "The Lightning War:"
Faction Powers Selected
Prologue
Turn 1
Turn 2
Board Changes

WWII "Legacy of the Wizards:"
Prologue
Turn 1
Turn 2

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

Factions:

quote:

Heavily armored and highly defensive, Die Mechaniker rely on surviving what their enemies throw at them.
Faction Power: Your starting HQ is always treated as Fortified when you defend it.
Discarded Power: If your defense roll is two natural 6s, that territory cannot be attacked again for the rest of the turn.
Victories: WWI
Players: Magus of Stars. Namtab

quote:

Savage and primal, the Enclave of the Bear are genetically altered humans who terrify their enemies with their ferocity.
Faction Power: The defender subtracts 1 from his lower defense die in the first territory you attack during your turn.
Discarded Power: If your attack roll is a natural three of a kind and at least one defending troop is defeated, you conquer the territory. Remove all remaining troops.
Victories: None yet
Players: Xelkevos, Akratic Method

quote:

Pure humans who are organized and diligently trained. The Imperial Balkanians want to spread their world vision to this new planet.
Faction Power: You still draw a resource card at the end of a turn where you expanded into 4+ territories, even if you didn't conquer a territory.
Discarded Power: When recruiting troops, round up when dividing your territory and population by 3, not down.
Players: NGDBSS, grandalt

quote:

Well-armed but not well-trained, Khan Industries is overpopulated with members from all genetic backgrounds. Their motto: people and guns are cheap to make.
Faction Power: At the start of your turn, place one troop in each territory that has an HQ you control.
Discarded Power: When drawing a territory card, you may place one troop onto that territory if you control it.
Players: Gnoman, Shei-kun

quote:

Savvy warriors who fight with old equipment and guerilla-like tactics. The Saharan Republic exists to be mobile and hard to find.
Faction Power: When making your maneuver, you may maneuver between any two territories you control, even if they are not connected.
Discarded Power: You can make your maneuver at any point during your turn.
Players: Double May Care, bunnyofdoom

Legacies:
Legacy of the First Victory - Created by MagusofStars
-Can start in Sacrificia (Brazil)
-Has 1 Missile

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 31, 2020

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

World Maps:

Pre-War:

Digital Version:

Post-WWI:

Digital Version:

Scars posted:

Bunker in Iceland (New!)

Minor Cities posted:

Gnowhere in Southeast Asia/Siam, Founded by Gnoman (New!)
Antenna Town in Egypt, Founded by Double May Care (New!)
Medvedgrad in Kamchatka, Founded by Xelkelvos (New!)
Plokamia in Southern Europe, Founded by NGBDSS (New!)

Major Cities posted:

Sacrificia in Brazil, Founded by MagusofStars (New!)

WWI Recap posted:

Much as it had on so many other Earths, war had come to Earth-323435.

The forces of Imperial Balkania led by Empress-General Pernille Blix made landfall at Iceland, quickly spreading out to secure the rest of Europe. While their initial gains were impressive, it ended up making them too large of a target to ignore for the other factions, and they were unable to hold back an attack on three fronts even after an incredibly successful assault on Saharan forces in North Africa.

In the east, the eccentric inventors of Khan Industries led by PleaseStopTalking set up shop in Southeast Asia for a secure position. While they were only lightly attacked by the Bears and had a successful assault into Balkanian-held Russia, they were unable to gain enough ground in time compared to the other factions.

The Saharan Republic forces organized by the radio personality DJ DesertPunk found initial success in securing Africa and were able to launch a brutal counterattack into Balkanian Europe even after a devastating loss in North Africa, but were blindsided by a brutal Die Mech charge on their HQ.

The Ursa Sapiens of the Enclave of the Bear led by Nanook One-Mike Hotel, while one of the smaller armies of the war, found great success in capturing the Balkanian HQ even after a strange eldritch ritual fortified the area. However, they too were unable to hold back a Die Mech charge into their territory that would capture their HQ in turn.

Finally, the Council of Wizards that lead Die Mechaniker quickly moved to secure South America, then used their position to launch a pair of assaults upon both the Bear and Saharan HQs. Against all odds, they were successful in both assaults, and with both bases secure they began to initiate the blood rituals they needed to begin their Reign of Blood.

However, their ways of controlling the populace combined with the unexpected fallout of their magics have led to the collapse of their rule, giving each faction the chance to stake their claim on the world...

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 31, 2020

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Current Rules (Subject to Inevitable Change):

Starting Locations

Players choose one territory in where to place their HQs at the beginning of the game, in order. Valid starting territories:

- Are unmarked (no city or scar sticker in them)
- Are at least one territory away from an enemy HQ. If Siberia has an HQ, the next player cannot start in China.
- A player can start in a Major City he has founded, even if there is another scar (f.e. a bunker) in the same territory.

Victory Conditions:

The objective of the game is to earn 4 Red Stars. At the start of a game, every player that hasn't won a game before on this board is awarded one Star (players that have won at least once get a missile for each time they have won). Every HQ you control counts as another Red Star. At the start of the first game, each player will have 2 Red Stars.

In order to get more stars, the players can either capture enemy HQs (which counts as 1 Star) or purchase them for 4 Resource cards (NOT 4 resources. 4 different cards, independent of value) at the start of the turn. You get 1 (and usually only one per turn) Resource Card by attacking and capturing a defended territory from an enemy. There are other options, but they come less often/aren't available yet.

If you control any of the 4 territories that are displayed in the sideboard (can be upgraded to be worth more resources), you must chose one of those as your Resource Card. If you don't control any of them, you pick up a Coin Card Resource.

A new card is drawn after anyone grabs a Resource Card. If they picked up a Coin Card, then the right-most card (India on this example) would be discarded, and every card will move one space to the right. The new drawn card would be placed on the left-most spot. If a Territory Card is chosen, every card that can do so would be moved to the right one spot, and the new card drawn would be placed at the the left-most spot.

Turn Order

Dice will be rolled for each faction at the beginning of each turn. Whoever gets the highest goes first, then the next highest, and so on. If there is a tie dice will be rolled between the two factions until one wins.

Reinforcements

Total the number of territories you control and the population in those territories (see below). Add them together, and divide this number by 3 (round down). If this number is lower than 3, round it up to 3. That's the number of reinforcements you get this turn, to place in any territory you control. REINFORCEMENTS ARE PLACED SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Population: As we play more games, cities will be founded. Cities are either Minor Cities (population of 1), Major Cities (population of 2), or the World Capital (population of 5). Your population is the sum of all the cities you control. If you control 1 Major City and 2 Minor Cities, your population is 4 (2+1+1). Be sure to add the population to your territory count when adding up how many troops you recruit.

Missiles

Missiles can be played after an attack roll. A missile will modify a given dice to a 6. It can be in any combat, even if the player using it isn't involved in it. Once a missile it's used, it is discarded for the rest of the game.

Trading Cards

At the start of your turn, you can purchase one Red Star in exchange for 4 Resource Cards. Buying your fourth Red Star bags you the game.

The second use of the cards is trading for more troops. Depending on the resource value of the cards you trade (Coins always one, Territory Cards up to 6), you get more or less armies. That means it's important to own high value territories, because that will allow to pick up high value Resource Cards if they ever come up.

Placement of the armies obtained this way is free. The territory printed on the card matters only when getting the card, not when using it. The ratio of Resources/Reinforcements goes as follows.

2 resources = 2 armies
3 resources = 4 armies
4 resources = 7 armies
5 resources = 10 armies
6 resources = 13 armies
7 resources = 17 armies
8 resources = 21 armies
9 resources = 25 armies
10 resources= 30 armies

These numbers remain static no matter how many turns have passed.

Resource cards can be modified or destroyed as the game goes on.

Scars

In a brand new Risk: Legacy game there are six scar cards available from the start, three Bunkers and three Ammo Shortages. At the beginning of each game, every player is dealt one Scar Card as long as there are enough available. If there are less Scar cards available than players, no one gets one. Current scars:

quote:

Ammo Shortage: Played prior to an attack roll. Place this ammo shortage scar onto the defending territory as long as it's unscarred. The defender subtracts 1 from his higher die when defending this territory. 3 left.

Bunker: Played prior to an attack roll. Place this bunker scar onto the defending territory as long as it's unscarred. The defender adds 1 to his higher die when defending this territory. 3 left.

Scars cannot be removed, and can only be placed on unscarred territories.

Attacking and Expanding

Attack works in the same way Classic Risk does, with the caveat of possible dice modifiers because there are scars in the territory. You can attack from one territory to another, and cannot combine armies from two different territories that border the same one. Expand into an unoccupied territory is free, with no dice roll involved. Expanding into a Minor/Major City, however, costs you 1 or 2 armies, depending of the population of the city you're expanding into.

So, in order to expand into a Major City you need three armies, two of which will be destroyed taking over the City.

As long as you have two or more armies in one territory and a legal movement available, you can attack/expand as many times as you want in the same turn.

Maneuvering

At the end of your turn, you can move armies from one territory you control to another connected territory. This movement can only be done once.

Defeated Factions

If at any point of the game a Faction is knocked out (meaning they have no armies and don't control any territories), all the Resource Cards they own will pass to the player that killed their last army. At the start of the next turn, the knocked out Faction can join the war again if there is an available starting location for them (see previous rules for starting locations). They will get half of their starting armies, but no HQ. They also get no reinforcements in their first turn.

If the turn after the Faction is knocked out there aren't any valid starting locations in the board, the Faction is considered eliminated from the current game, and won't be able to join the war even if valid starting locations open in subsequent turns.

If the game ends while a Faction is knocked out, it's considered eliminated in that game, even if it could have joined the war again in the following turn.

Endgame

At the end of a game, players can change the board in different ways:

Victors can rename a continent, giving whoever holds their Legacy an extra army if they hold the continent (7 left), place and name a Major City that only the person holding their Legacy can start with (5 left), Fortify any City (5 left), increase or decrease a continent's bonus by 1 (1 of each), or cancel a scar (4 left). They also get the board signed. Oh, and they can also destroy a territory card.

A faction that has Held On (has territory on the board at the end of a game) can place and name a Minor City (9 left) or improve a territory card (35 left).

A faction that has been Eliminated (can't rejoin the game) - we'll see!

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 13, 2020

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Reserved just in case

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I played in the last thread, and A) had the time of my life, and B) still regret not going for a Hail Mary right at the end. If I can play again, you can count on me for more images of Jack Nicholson with an eyepatch crudely drawn on.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

I'd like to join, no major preferences.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I played in the last thread and found out the hard way that trying to keep all of Africa for the bonus troops is basically impossible :smithicide:

Look forward to more!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I played it the last time and I say the OP poll is biased. :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Some Fun Risk facts. Or Stupid Risk facts, you decide.

In the Italian version of Risk (and variants), the original translator took a look at the rules, decided that the defender having only two dice was stupid and unfair and changed the rules into three defending dice.
It is left as Math homework how lovely this change is.

I don't know if they finally fixed it in the Italian version of Legacy but we all know these things take a life of their own, a bit like putting taxes on Free Parking. You could call it "Risk: the defender only gets two dice edition" and people wouldn't even bother reading it.

In Risk Plus (well, that's how it is called here in Italy. It's the Napoleon era Risk) fortresses can only be attacked by two attackers. Makes sense, because if a player loses their fortress they're eliminated full stop. The Italian 3 vs 3 houserule is still in effect.
The actual rule states that nobody can use more than two dice during an attack on a fortress, and it was translated with no changes.
Of course, when only the attacker can use three dice, it's a perfectly fine rule; with the Italian houserule, the defender loses a die too, and 2 vs 2 is WAY better for the attacker than 3 vs 3.

Anyways, let me grab some popcorn and spectate here. It's still Risk, I've had enough of it for the next lifetime.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Pierzak posted:

I played it the last time and I say the OP poll is biased. :v:

1. I swear I haven't touched it or used sockpuppets in the slightest. Really. (But seriously I didn't)

2. I'm honestly confused how it seems to have more votes than there currently are posters in the thread?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Mobile users cant see it and lurkers exist in surprising numbers.

Really enjoyed following the last one, even if I cant commit to being a player.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just found out about this through RSS, and I'm very interested in how this Earth comes together. I just this year in January finished Pandemic Legacy with our local game group, and was always curious how Risk Legacy works, but didn't think it would be the groups jam.

Glad to see this unfold in front of me though!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
You're are a madman, goon sir or lady. I know what I'm talking about. :v:

Players, try not to gently caress up EuropeGrandalt. Again.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I remember following the last one and look forward to the shenanigans of this one.

Can't wait for everything to be on fire as people run around screaming again :allears:

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Yeah I'll toss my hat into the world ring. I'm good at board games. Just roll dice, whatever, it's easy.

:unsmigghh:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Double May Care posted:

Yeah I'll toss my hat into the world ring. I'm good at board games. Just roll dice, whatever, it's easy.

:unsmigghh:

It's Risk, you're not wrong. :rolldice:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It is far more important that you be a loose cannon doing things nobody expects than that you be actually any good at the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It is far more important that you be a loose cannon doing things nobody expects than that you be actually any good at the game.
This is true. My last game, I lost because at the eleventh hour, I decided in favor of caution.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I'd love to jump in early and be part of this.

Is the Discord Invite link invalid or am I just dumb? Or both, which is probably most likely.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Try this one. I think the last one expired.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Try this one. I think the last one expired.

Cheers for that by the way, I'll get the OP updated with that new link.

Still looking for 2 new players to get things properly kicked off!

Edit:

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

This is especially true in Legacy, since you being a loose cannon can cause Things to Happen.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 14, 2020

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
*Blasts door to thread down*

Did someone mention my name? I'll would be pleased as punch to retake the direction of Imperial Balkania. I want in.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

grandalt posted:

Did someone mention my name? I'll would be pleased as punch to retake the direction of Imperial Balkania. I want in.

Much as it's great to have you back, I do want to give new players the chance to run Balkania into the ground for a bit.

After a couple of games though then yes I'd be perfectly fine with having you take up the reins of leadership once again.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Fine, I will wait. Someone else can have the first go around.

grandalt fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 14, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, also officially signing up but ceding any potential spot until there's no more new players who want a go. If/when I do come up, I have a moderate preference for Khan Industries.

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
It is great to see this game again, hopefully this time less time issues because of furniture.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Ah, I had a good bit of fun last time leading the Imperium to its first taste of glory. Has it really been seven years...

May Balkania reign again!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

grandalt posted:

:monocle:

Welcome back, Your Majes-tea.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 14, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ooh, seems interesting and getting in on the ground floor will be fun. Saharans seems like the most flexible ability, but the Bears also seem good for keeping up aggression

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Drop bears MVP

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Omobono posted:

:monocle:

Welcome back, Your Majes-tea.
FTFY.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yeah, your fix is better. Thanks.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

Ooh, seems interesting and getting in on the ground floor will be fun. Saharans seems like the most flexible ability, but the Bears also seem good for keeping up aggression

Note that you only get one of the two listed abilities. The player who plays that faction first will have to choose, and then they're stuck that way for the rest of history.

There are however some suspicious blank spots on each faction placard...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to sign up but my brain is beefing it for a posting style or gimmick; also I have literally never actually played Risk so any actions under my tenure would be Strategically Dubious®

(which could be funny I admit, but the line between :newlol: and :ughh: is mighty thin)

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
My in-person group burned out on this fast 'cause I kept winning, so I'm following this to see how the hidden stuff in the boxes actually plays.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I want to sign up but I fear that my job will suck my soul even harder when my time to play comes up.

Also, I'm not really good at RP and gimmicks.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I want to sign up but my brain is beefing it for a posting style or gimmick; also I have literally never actually played Risk so any actions under my tenure would be Strategically Dubious®

(which could be funny I admit, but the line between :newlol: and :ughh: is mighty thin)

One of the quotes from the last thread is "never assume your opponents will be competent." Also this is a game where losing can cause things to happen anyway. Don't be afraid to join in! We also have the benefit of having some of the players from the last thread with the craziest characters, so if you're hurting for ideas you can always ask for help in the Discord.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I picked the wrong time to start my own LP. I'd otherwise love to play, but I will defer to others who can spare more time and effort. I'm really stoked to see another one of these threads, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Dr. Snark posted:

Also this is a game where losing can cause things to happen anyway.
Worth noting that per the rules post: (1) if you lose but still survive you still get to place a city and (2) there's an sealed envelope titled "open the first time after a faction is eliminated".