Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your favorite faction?
Die Mechaniker
Imperial Balkania
Khan Industries
Saharan Republic
Enclave of the Bear
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

To facilitate the second game. I am the robots now, with a lore post coming later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I have no idea how to play or anything, but if you need people, I guess I can sign up. What factions are left?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Alright, seeing how things have slowed down a bit, I'm declaring the round of applications closed and bringing in some of the reservists in to play this round. The start of it should be coming in the next day or two!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Is interest to play really that low?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
After the horrors of the previous war beset upon them, the people of Khan Industries turned to old entertainment from Earth Prime to get them through. Eventually, however, one entity, one idol, rose above the rest. And so, working as best they could, they brought their god to life.

this is a video link you should click on it

Thus began the reign of Hatsune Miku, whose followers immediately began a crusade to share her songs (and merchandise) with the rest of the world. Concert attendance is mandatory.

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 7, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Shei-kun posted:

After the horrors of the previous war beset upon them, the people of Khan Industries turned to old entertainment from Earth Prime to get them through. Eventually, however, one entity, one idol, rose above the rest. And so, working as best they could, they brought their god to life.

Thus began the reign of Hatsune Miku, whose followers immediately began a crusade to share her songs (and merchandise) with the rest of the world. Concert attendance is mandatory.

:allears: I thoroughly recommend everyone to watch the video link. It’s seriously worth it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

The game has only run for two turns so far, I doubt there's much interest yet that isn't holdover from the old LP.
I might sign up for game 3 myself though, especially if it stays this quiet. I was debating with myself for this one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Log of the head of the Saharan Republic

Well, this was a fine mess we found ourselves in. Of course I was built for it. Literally. Pumped out of some die mech factory line. See, after they conquered the Saharan republic, they had to control them. Couldn't sacrifice em all at once no. If they learned one thing, resources are kinda finite, especially human resources. Guess those Khan's would know that better.

Anyways, they didn't want an insurrection kicking off like a bar room brawl, so they built me, and some others, as a police bot. Gave me fake skin, and decided the best way to make sure I operated like one was to download my brain full of examples. The brain trust running them....actually is brain trust the right word when it's all just silicon chips running off some warped magic thing? Not important back to the story.

So the AI geniuses decided to put in the only real detective stories they could find by a couple of knuckleheads named Hammett and Chandler. Guess they had nothing better, but hey, why conquer the world and do freaking blood magic when instead you could be preserving books right? Both those sound appealing as getting a back massage by the bears.

Now, see, the thing is, they coulda given me different. Most police bots had programming that gave them a stick up their rear end so big, you'd think they were programmed to be Balkanians. But me, they wanted to solve crimes, and work things out. So they gave me a functioning brain.

Like I said, they ain't really a brain trust.

So, me, designed to figure out crimes and keep their human stock in line fell in love with the drat people. They'd come to me for off the books problems too. It became mutual. So, finally one day, after a lot of planning, and a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of luck, we busted out. I managed to shut down most of the defensive cordon, bust out a lot of old war material, even resuced a couple of idiot DJs who made me chuckle, and we made it out.

The damndest thing happened after that after we settled and built a tiny fortress. They voted me leader. Well, ain't that something. Now I gotta lead these guys when the mechs come knocking at our door to get us back, and the others probably will want a piece. Guess that means war, and you know the funny thing about war?

War Never Changes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

I love this loving thread.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
After the fall of the Balkanian headquarters and loss of contract with the upper staff of the empire, Sir Grandalt Nodington spent years organizing a resistance against the forces of the mechanical bloodthirsty wizards. Despite of the losses and the pain of their struggle, the morale of the knight’s troop never failed, kept up with a healthy supply of tea, especially since Grandalt had managed to figure out a way to fuel the tanks off of tea instead of the tightly controlled gasoline.

After a cunning attack on one of Die Mechaniker’s blood supply trains, Sir Nodington was able to break Die Mechaniker’s official control of the region and began gaining enough forces to be a true army. Standing as the last known commanding officer and member of Imperial Balkania nobility not imprisoned, Nodginton became the recognized head of Imperial Balkania’s forces. Granted the title of Baron unofficially for the duration of the oncoming conflict or barring official promtions, Baron Grandalt Nodington plans to not only free Balkania from the iron grip of terror hanging over it, but to present the reins of the world to whoever is the rightful head of Imperial Balkania.

Those machines will no longer keep us from our tea time, and to any other who thinks to threat such a precious thing will learn the meaning of regret.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Something had gone wrong.

The emperor Namtab, first of his name, had cowered as the earth had begun to unravel; afflicted by a lack of narrative energy it had begun to unmake itself, and everything within. It was too late to go up to the original world, the technology was no longer there and besides, the time he had spent being kept artificially alive meant that he was afraid there would be no Balkania if he went back. No, back was not an option - therefore the only choice was to go across.

He had no idea how long he spent between: days, weeks, months, centuries. It did not matter, time was immaterial as long as the original Emperor survived, to one day find a new world and show them the Balkanian identity. Drawn by the prayers of the empress-general Blix, he observed as her masterful planning secured Europe, the seat of Balkanian power on all the Earths he witnesses. This was it, this was his time, her prayers, her devotion had opened the way.

But it all went wrong.

The victory of Die Mekaniker resulted in the culmination of their blood magic. Instead of appearing proudly in the Balkanian throneroom he instead appeared on the blood altar in what would soon be known worldwide as sacrificia. The robots stared at each other as the Emperor Namtab, the rightful head of Imperial Balkania, appeared before them, his five heads quivering as they surveyed his surroundings.

"Hm" he muttered "this is not quite as expected".

He observed the robots in front of him, their comical robes and wizard hats fluttering in the maelstrom his arrival from the area between had created. He then considered, what better way of ensuring the Balkanian ideal than robots. They would not question, they would not empathise. Their dedication to honor, devotion, tea, tradition and the eradication of the impure would be absolute.

"Congratulations", he shouted to the Robotic supplicants before him "Your summoning has succeeded. I, the Emperor, will lead you to even greater heights than those you saw before"

"But first", he noted "It's time for some changes"

Years passed, the great blood foundaries of Sacrificia stopped. Communications in and out of Die Mekaniker territory ceased. The robots planned. The robots evolved. Until one day when a transmission was sent around the world.

"Behold, I am the Emperor returned, ready to take this world in my name and to show you the true way. Impress upon yourselves the name of your salvation. Know of Robo-Balkania and rejoice."

The camera then zooms out to reveal sleek robots. Smooth and humanoid, each saluting as the emperor talked. At the end of his speech they robotically chant "WE REJOICE"

E: To be clear, I'm the robots, grandalt is actual balkania.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 29, 2020

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Well, that explains those uniforms acting like that back in Congo. They were prototypes. It also explains why they never came to claim us back. Guess I was right about the magic making em all screwy. But this screwy is something new.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Deep in the woods on a remote mountain...
Sapient bears grumble amongst themselves. What remains of their leadership that was not bound by robot-wizards to construct the blood-sacrifice fortress has gathered to discuss their next move.

The mage-bots only grow more intrusive with time... Even in these wild expanses they are oft-sighted searching for flesh to enslave. Soon we shall be forced to confront them once more.

Our armies were unsuccessful before, and our spies inform us that now another faction has conjured an eldritch anime god of some kind. With even more wizards in the world, what makes you think we could fare any better this time? Perhaps it is better to remain here, and enjoy the plentiful food of the mountain.

At the edge of the clearing, an unfamiliar figure appears, flanked by several others, bearing the unmistakable silhouettes of guns.

You should be careful with such... herbivorous talk.

As bears murmur at the insult, the figure steps forward into the light to gasps

Yes, I'm afraid I know from experience that it is a losing strategy to sequester oneself away to focus on one preferred food. But like you, we found our minds expanded by the old experiments, and through them we have returned to the hunt, tasted meat once more, and rediscovered what it is to be a bear.

Ok, wait, but like are you bears, though? I thought I read somewhere that you're really big members of the raccoon fam--

SIEZE HIM!

Several pandas forcibly drag away the dissenter at gunpoint. The rest of the council exchanges nervous glances.

We are bears indeed, fellow warriors. And we have come for our due. No longer will the grizzlies be known as the most ferocious of bears! No longer will we suffer under degrading names like Yuán Yuán, be the butt of jokes about eating bamboo. We cast off our herbivore names, and adopt a new identity as the rightful leaders of all Ursidae-kind! My new name is Shāshā, and you will address me as Generalissimo. Unless... there are objections?

As the newly minted Generalissimo spoke, more gun-toting pandas have filtered in around the edges, silently brandishing their guns. No objections are voiced...

yuán yuán (圓圓) is an actual panda name, meaning roughly "Big round one". They really do get the dumbest goddamn names. Shā (殺) is just "Kill" but I think it's funnier if they keep the repeating syllable.

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
Hidden Bunker once again, this time with the label of Blood Manor poorly pasted on the outside

Query: Really don't understand the going to follow a summon. Statement much lost of control with the refocusing of mech units and factories.

True enough but when they get weaker we have more chances to improve our lot. While things may be a little strange, I'll say the quarter has never been this high in earnings. I'm likely to get to an area manager easy.

Easy enough for you, I'm going to have lay low for a bit with that bot detective. At least my dog can keep it off me for bit for these meetings.

I can come here easily enough thanks to the codes, old chaps. Still the Baron is the major figure of the rebuilding instead of me. I don't see why my good shows aren't enough to get a higher rank.

Well with the new leadership of Shāshā, I can surely go forward in my side. Also what about H.aving A.lways L.eadership F.orever ?

H.A.L.F. is the best you could come up with? Really, Nay on that name.

DLord fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 30, 2020

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Veryslightlymad posted:

There is interest but I don't want to jump in as I was involved in the previous thread, so I have ~arcane knowledge~ of the events about to unfold :unsmigghh:

I don't want to ruin the surprises (and boy howdy are there surprises) for the participants. Once we're past the other thread I'll throw my hat into the ring!

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 30, 2020

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The grand goddess made her world debut in the style expected of her worshippers.

Those who were not there to witness it might think the album cover is more than a simple photograph. They would be wrong.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The last several years had been peculiar for Pernille Blix. For one, she was no longer Empress-General. The blood magocracy of Die Mechaniker had seen to that in their victory. To their credit, the officer corps was not about to go down without a fight. But the numbers simply didn't match up; too many robots, and too few weapons in the hands of loyal Balkanians.

"Balkanian Emperor" Namtab was an unexpected variable. None of them remembered a horror kept alive by impossibly advanced technology, not even the Old God, but the ensuing bureaucratic chaos was just what Balkanian partisans needed to kickstart their gun-smuggling operations. Months later, they were ready for a breakout. Most of the officer corps survived - most. The former Empress-General, however, went down in a hail of gunfire. A heroic sacrifice to buy precious minutes for others - Balkania could live on as a nation without her, after all.

Blix wasn't lying per se, just...not telling the whole truth. Like the extent of what serving the Old God really meant. Oh, she really was invested in the success of Imperial Balkania; just because she served an eldritch horror didn't mean she couldn't have basic empathy. But following either that goal or the aims of the Old God meant taking a different road. An eternity passed, and her torment receded. No longer was she numbered among the dead, for her master's wheel ever spun. The former dictator awoke to find herself washed up on the unfamiliar shores of some city called Medvedgrad. New from the looks of the paint and concrete.

"Pernille Blix, ever my faithful servant, you are worthy."

She was alive and whole, at least. In enemy territory. It was time to be running and scheming.

The bears were perplexed until Blix compared them to overgrown raccoons; then they became frenzied. Some insane cult would stop at nothing for her blood, something about summoning a demon of song. (The kind with good looks, not the kind that resembled a giant frog.) And one aged Saharan DJ actually recognized her and traded for supplies during a makeshift blues concert. They said something about having more important things to worry about than a washed-up autocrat; Blix suspected that "more important things" meant "not wasting resources on an illusive nobody" but was not about to press the issue. At least she now had alcohol.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In central Berlin, a steel tower rises. The true Balkanians were home at last...

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

WWII Prologue:

The Reign of Blood was every bit as cruel and brutal as its name implied, the blood rituals of the Council of Wizards continuing seemingly without end.

However, the means they used to control the populace they would need for their rituals would end up being their own downfall, as the factions of the past war would either turn them against their former oppressors or use them to regain their footing.

And so war has once again come to this Earth...

Akratic Method posted:

Deep in the woods on a remote mountain...
Sapient bears grumble amongst themselves. What remains of their leadership that was not bound by robot-wizards to construct the blood-sacrifice fortress has gathered to discuss their next move.

The mage-bots only grow more intrusive with time... Even in these wild expanses they are oft-sighted searching for flesh to enslave. Soon we shall be forced to confront them once more.

Our armies were unsuccessful before, and our spies inform us that now another faction has conjured an eldritch anime god of some kind. With even more wizards in the world, what makes you think we could fare any better this time? Perhaps it is better to remain here, and enjoy the plentiful food of the mountain.

At the edge of the clearing, an unfamiliar figure appears, flanked by several others, bearing the unmistakable silhouettes of guns.

You should be careful with such... herbivorous talk.

As bears murmur at the insult, the figure steps forward into the light to gasps

Yes, I'm afraid I know from experience that it is a losing strategy to sequester oneself away to focus on one preferred food. But like you, we found our minds expanded by the old experiments, and through them we have returned to the hunt, tasted meat once more, and rediscovered what it is to be a bear.

Ok, wait, but like are you bears, though? I thought I read somewhere that you're really big members of the raccoon fam--

SIEZE HIM!

Several pandas forcibly drag away the dissenter at gunpoint. The rest of the council exchanges nervous glances.

We are bears indeed, fellow warriors. And we have come for our due. No longer will the grizzlies be known as the most ferocious of bears! No longer will we suffer under degrading names like Yuán Yuán, be the butt of jokes about eating bamboo. We cast off our herbivore names, and adopt a new identity as the rightful leaders of all Ursidae-kind! My new name is Shāshā, and you will address me as Generalissimo. Unless... there are objections?

As the newly minted Generalissimo spoke, more gun-toting pandas have filtered in around the edges, silently brandishing their guns. No objections are voiced...

Once again the Bears have returned to Alaska, what role will they play in this war?

Shei-kun posted:

The Khans have once again set up in the Australia region. ...It's really hard to make these intros interesting like this guys.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Log of the head of the Saharan Republic

Well, this was a fine mess we found ourselves in. Of course I was built for it. Literally. Pumped out of some die mech factory line. See, after they conquered the Saharan republic, they had to control them. Couldn't sacrifice em all at once no. If they learned one thing, resources are kinda finite, especially human resources. Guess those Khan's would know that better.

Anyways, they didn't want an insurrection kicking off like a bar room brawl, so they built me, and some others, as a police bot. Gave me fake skin, and decided the best way to make sure I operated like one was to download my brain full of examples. The brain trust running them....actually is brain trust the right word when it's all just silicon chips running off some warped magic thing? Not important back to the story.

So the AI geniuses decided to put in the only real detective stories they could find by a couple of knuckleheads named Hammett and Chandler. Guess they had nothing better, but hey, why conquer the world and do freaking blood magic when instead you could be preserving books right? Both those sound appealing as getting a back massage by the bears.

Now, see, the thing is, they coulda given me different. Most police bots had programming that gave them a stick up their rear end so big, you'd think they were programmed to be Balkanians. But me, they wanted to solve crimes, and work things out. So they gave me a functioning brain.

Like I said, they ain't really a brain trust.

So, me, designed to figure out crimes and keep their human stock in line fell in love with the drat people. They'd come to me for off the books problems too. It became mutual. So, finally one day, after a lot of planning, and a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of luck, we busted out. I managed to shut down most of the defensive cordon, bust out a lot of old war material, even resuced a couple of idiot DJs who made me chuckle, and we made it out.

The damndest thing happened after that after we settled and built a tiny fortress. They voted me leader. Well, ain't that something. Now I gotta lead these guys when the mechs come knocking at our door to get us back, and the others probably will want a piece. Guess that means war, and you know the funny thing about war?

War Never Changes.

War never changes indeed, because the Saharans (perhaps fittingly given the backstory) are starting in the former Die Mech stronghold of South America.

Namtab posted:

Something had gone wrong.

The emperor Namtab, first of his name, had cowered as the earth had begun to unravel; afflicted by a lack of narrative energy it had begun to unmake itself, and everything within. It was too late to go up to the original world, the technology was no longer there and besides, the time he had spent being kept artificially alive meant that he was afraid there would be no Balkania if he went back. No, back was not an option - therefore the only choice was to go across.

He had no idea how long he spent between: days, weeks, months, centuries. It did not matter, time was immaterial as long as the original Emperor survived, to one day find a new world and show them the Balkanian identity. Drawn by the prayers of the empress-general Blix, he observed as her masterful planning secured Europe, the seat of Balkanian power on all the Earths he witnesses. This was it, this was his time, her prayers, her devotion had opened the way.

But it all went wrong.

The victory of Die Mekaniker resulted in the culmination of their blood magic. Instead of appearing proudly in the Balkanian throneroom he instead appeared on the blood altar in what would soon be known worldwide as sacrificia. The robots stared at each other as the Emperor Namtab, the rightful head of Imperial Balkania, appeared before them, his five heads quivering as they surveyed his surroundings.

"Hm" he muttered "this is not quite as expected".

He observed the robots in front of him, their comical robes and wizard hats fluttering in the maelstrom his arrival from the area between had created. He then considered, what better way of ensuring the Balkanian ideal than robots. They would not question, they would not empathise. Their dedication to honor, devotion, tea, tradition and the eradication of the impure would be absolute.

"Congratulations", he shouted to the Robotic supplicants before him "Your summoning has succeeded. I, the Emperor, will lead you to even greater heights than those you saw before"

"But first", he noted "It's time for some changes"

Years passed, the great blood foundaries of Sacrificia stopped. Communications in and out of Die Mekaniker territory ceased. The robots planned. The robots evolved. Until one day when a transmission was sent around the world.

"Behold, I am the Emperor returned, ready to take this world in my name and to show you the true way. Impress upon yourselves the name of your salvation. Know of Robo-Balkania and rejoice."

The camera then zooms out to reveal sleek robots. Smooth and humanoid, each saluting as the emperor talked. At the end of his speech they robotically chant "WE REJOICE"

Die Mechaniker Balkania has claimed Northern Eurpoe for themselves.

grandalt posted:

After the fall of the Balkanian headquarters and loss of contract with the upper staff of the empire, Sir Grandalt Nodington spent years organizing a resistance against the forces of the mechanical bloodthirsty wizards. Despite of the losses and the pain of their struggle, the morale of the knight’s troop never failed, kept up with a healthy supply of tea, especially since Grandalt had managed to figure out a way to fuel the tanks off of tea instead of the tightly controlled gasoline.

After a cunning attack on one of Die Mechaniker’s blood supply trains, Sir Nodington was able to break Die Mechaniker’s official control of the region and began gaining enough forces to be a true army. Standing as the last known commanding officer and member of Imperial Balkania nobility not imprisoned, Nodginton became the recognized head of Imperial Balkania’s forces. Granted the title of Baron unofficially for the duration of the oncoming conflict or barring official promtions, Baron Grandalt Nodington plans to not only free Balkania from the iron grip of terror hanging over it, but to present the reins of the world to whoever is the rightful head of Imperial Balkania.

Those machines will no longer keep us from our tea time, and to any other who thinks to threat such a precious thing will learn the meaning of regret.

Denied the chance to set up in Europe, the Balkanians have set up in the former Saharan capital region of Central Africa.

Status Report:

Looks like war really hasn't changed, and the positions are practically identical to what they were the last game. We'll see if things change this round...

Side Board:

Available Cards: Argentina (1 Resource), Siberia (2 Resources), Middle East (1 Resource), Brazil (1 Resource)

Thread Highlights:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well, that explains those uniforms acting like that back in Congo. They were prototypes. It also explains why they never came to claim us back. Guess I was right about the magic making em all screwy. But this screwy is something new.

DLord posted:

Hidden Bunker once again, this time with the label of Blood Manor poorly pasted on the outside

Query: Really don't understand the going to follow a summon. Statement much lost of control with the refocusing of mech units and factories.

True enough but when they get weaker we have more chances to improve our lot. While things may be a little strange, I'll say the quarter has never been this high in earnings. I'm likely to get to an area manager easy.

Easy enough for you, I'm going to have lay low for a bit with that bot detective. At least my dog can keep it off me for bit for these meetings.

I can come here easily enough thanks to the codes, old chaps. Still the Baron is the major figure of the rebuilding instead of me. I don't see why my good shows aren't enough to get a higher rank.

Well with the new leadership of Shāshā, I can surely go forward in my side. Also what about H.aving A.lways L.eadership F.orever ?

H.A.L.F. is the best you could come up with? Really, Nay on that name.

Shei-kun posted:

The grand goddess made her world debut in the style expected of her worshippers.

Those who were not there to witness it might think the album cover is more than a simple photograph. They would be wrong.

NGDBSS posted:

The last several years had been peculiar for Pernille Blix. For one, she was no longer Empress-General. The blood magocracy of Die Mechaniker had seen to that in their victory. To their credit, the officer corps was not about to go down without a fight. But the numbers simply didn't match up; too many robots, and too few weapons in the hands of loyal Balkanians.

"Balkanian Emperor" Namtab was an unexpected variable. None of them remembered a horror kept alive by impossibly advanced technology, not even the Old God, but the ensuing bureaucratic chaos was just what Balkanian partisans needed to kickstart their gun-smuggling operations. Months later, they were ready for a breakout. Most of the officer corps survived - most. The former Empress-General, however, went down in a hail of gunfire. A heroic sacrifice to buy precious minutes for others - Balkania could live on as a nation without her, after all.

Blix wasn't lying per se, just...not telling the whole truth. Like the extent of what serving the Old God really meant. Oh, she really was invested in the success of Imperial Balkania; just because she served an eldritch horror didn't mean she couldn't have basic empathy. But following either that goal or the aims of the Old God meant taking a different road. An eternity passed, and her torment receded. No longer was she numbered among the dead, for her master's wheel ever spun. The former dictator awoke to find herself washed up on the unfamiliar shores of some city called Medvedgrad. New from the looks of the paint and concrete.

"Pernille Blix, ever my faithful servant, you are worthy."

She was alive and whole, at least. In enemy territory. It was time to be running and scheming.

The bears were perplexed until Blix compared them to overgrown raccoons; then they became frenzied. Some insane cult would stop at nothing for her blood, something about summoning a demon of song. (The kind with good looks, not the kind that resembled a giant frog.) And one aged Saharan DJ actually recognized her and traded for supplies during a makeshift blues concert. They said something about having more important things to worry about than a washed-up autocrat; Blix suspected that "more important things" meant "not wasting resources on an illusive nobody" but was not about to press the issue. At least she now had alcohol.

Namtab posted:

In central Berlin, a steel tower rises. The true Balkanians were home at last...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I figured the safest place for us to set up camp would be right under their drat noses. I knew from experience the robots didn't usually think of double bluffs, and taking over an old facility of theirs and repurposing some of their old equipment.

Course I knew that maybe we should give em a little puzzle, so I has some small groups make tracks towards Europe and Australia and send em on a wild goose chase.

I think it worked a hell of a lot better than planned. They pulled up stakes and moved all their crazy bots to Europe and took it over.

I'm thinking they may left a fair bit of loot around so maybe it's time to move out and see what we can find.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Serious question, did you all collectively decide to go out of your way to avoid a turn two/maybe even three victory?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Serious question, did you all collectively decide to go out of your way to avoid a turn two/maybe even three victory?

We all agreed to only take one territory per turn

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

... And we're back! Thought you could get rid of us, eh? ... This is where Monitor Tom would play a buzzer. Couldn't find Tom. Might still be lost out there, trying to get sandstone to transmit radio signals. They all said the pyramids were built to commune with aliens, but good luck sending a telegram with those relics. Why do we still have pyramids there anyway? Thought this Earth was supposed to be fresh!
Anyway, anyway, we're here in scenic Undisclosed, plotting and planning for a brand new war--that's right, a war so nice we're doing it twice! But the General's AWOL as well after the robots came and torched the old studio. They were all *BEEP BOOP. MAGIC MISSILE. MAGIC MISSILE. ERROR. OUT OF MANA.* Hhhaaah! Ha-hahaha! Tom always was better with voices. But the beat goes on, the beat of the boots on the roads paved with our fallen. And our new commander perks his ears to the sound of the golden oldies of Earth Prime, so I'm told. But what do I care? I don't want to set the world on fire.
... (DING) There it is! We're going practical this time around; got a whole rig here from whatever I could find. Might spike the levels a bit more, but all your ears are probably ringing anyway so who gives a gently caress? Oh, oops. I said who gives a f(beeeeep)? There we go, I'll work on it. Have a good war everybody! New world, new order! Is that still our slogan? How the hell sh(beep)d I know?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Namtab posted:

Taking bets on how long this agreement lasts.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

From her fortress of music, the One True Princess prepared to issue her first orders to her troops.

"First, Australia, and then, the world!"

As one, her (literal) army of fans cheered and grabbed their glowstick missiles and tanks fitted with t-shirt cannons and fully automatic leek guns. Come the morning, they would ride forth. They had been "running simulations" with Girls und Panzer and Valkyria Chronicles for just this very moment. Surely, nothing was lacking from their training. Nothing.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Journal of Baron Grandalt Nodington

Forced out of Europe by the machines, some of the ranks felt a bit of despair by that. Not everyone did, rage filled others. For myself, I don't feel either, a war takes a focused mind to obtain victory. For example, listening to advisors, such as Ser Waldof Dorain who suggested using the Congo as our staging ground. Sure, part of his suggestion was clearly to help fuel his hunting habit, but it is a good location especially with the remains of the Saharan's radio station here. Lot of ability to keep up our commutations. I have tea with him soon, so I will finish this entry here.

The Baron puts down his pen and steps out into his solar, his guest waiting for him.

Sorry for the wait, Ser Dorain.

Not a problem, old chap. I'm happy that our commander took the time to see me, what with all the preparation for the war and all.

With all the work you have done with restoring our tea supply, I'm pleased to have this chance to enjoy it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

From her fortress of music, the One True Princess prepared to issue her first orders to her troops.

"First, Australia, and then, the world!"

As one, her (literal) army of fans cheered and grabbed their glowstick missiles and tanks fitted with t-shirt cannons and fully automatic leek guns. Come the morning, they would ride forth. They had been "running simulations" with Girls und Panzer and Valkyria Chronicles for just this very moment. Surely, nothing was lacking from their training. Nothing.

A great man once said "anime was a mistake". Miku's armies will one day learn why...

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
:allears:

This is shaping up to be a fantastic war.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Namtab posted:

: Of course, as an adorable panda who poses no threat to anyone, I plan to remain quietly in Alaska delighting children and adults alike with my rotund antics! Accordingly you do not need to waste defensive forces on the North American front. It is simply my humble pleasure to assist you in the most efficient dispatch of your armies.

kicks a book marked Cliffs Notes: Sun Tzu's Art of War under a nearby chair.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Noble panda friend. I highly encourage you to seek the land of your ancestors. America probably doesn't even have enough bamboo to satisfy your glorious appetite.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Where are bears at, naturally? North America. Europe.

What is a panda? Not a bear

Ergo, Panda does not belong in North America or Europe

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Slaan posted:

What is a panda? Not a bear

This grievous insult shall be avenged!

Namtab posted:

Noble panda friend. I highly encourage you to seek the land of your ancestors. America probably doesn't even have enough bamboo to satisfy your glorious appetite.

Oh yes. As a normal panda, who does not in any way at all hunger for flesh, we would require... (shudders) grasses...

to...

eat.

Of course.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 1, 2020

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
We'll leave you alone if you just let us take Japan.

Besides, I like pandas and will not stand this grievous insult.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You bastard. Why did you mention the leeks? I was free. I had finally escaped. drat yooooouuuuuuuuu

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Guerrilla journalism in Semarang and other Indonesian cities suggested that there were not one, but rather two, Hatsune Miku's. Which begs the question...which is 01?

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 4, 2020

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

NGDBSS posted:

Guerrilla journalism in Semarang and other Indonesian cities suggested that there was not one, but rather two, Hatsune Miku's. Which begs the question...which is 01?

Get your own personal pocket Miku! Limited-time only offer, get one before it is too late! Picked from only the finest of bowl-grown chibis. No risk of them growing up into full-sized Mikus bent on world domination.

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
Soo, are we waiting for someone to sent in their orders?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

DLord posted:

Soo, are we waiting for someone to sent in their orders?

I think I was last to submit, and that was a couple days ago so I believe we're just waiting for DrSnark to get a chance to play out the turn.

I'm kinda hoping this means combat has begun already, since the turn should be quick if we're all just marching around claiming empty space. But there's also, you know, the ongoing collapse of American society into chaos during a pandemic, so depending on OP's real life location/job/etc there's quite a lot that could be distracting right now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My orders are in, i think Dr Snark is just busy. I highly doubt theres been any combat on turn 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yeah, I'm guessing the same. And even if there has been combat, it's not going to be the kinds of bullrushes you see on turns two and three.