Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your favorite faction?
Die Mechaniker
Imperial Balkania
Khan Industries
Saharan Republic
Enclave of the Bear
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Unless something very specific happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Namtab posted:

Unless something very specific happened

Same; I had exactly one if-then in my orders where the “then” was a mad charge at an HQ.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Akratic Method posted:

Same; I had exactly one if-then in my orders where the “then” was a mad charge at an HQ.

Haha same

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yeah, I had an if-then as well that also involved going whole hog into combat.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
I had more of a preventive measure in place, which given what one of my neighbors is saying, seems to be needed.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Huh. My orders were pretty loving straightforward.

I am so hosed

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Huh. My orders were pretty loving straightforward.

I am so hosed

I suspect that most of them are like mine and involved particular borders being crossed. Hell, even if mine triggered it just means that already on turn 2 I have discarded "trying to win" and entered the Spite Zone.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Akratic Method posted:

I suspect that most of them are like mine and involved particular borders being crossed. Hell, even if mine triggered it just means that already on turn 2 I have discarded "trying to win" and entered the Spite Zone.
Yeah, this is a pretty common Turn 1 play. Especially if there's a particular continent bonus you want and/or an opponent's HQ is super close, it's very common to add in a caveat that "hey, if Sahara attacks the Die Mech HQ in Brazil and I survive, counter-attack and seize North Africa so they don't get the continent bonus"...and presumably, Sahara would have the same order the other way - "if Die Mech moves first and takes North Africa, then reclaim it and also go all out on their HQ".

That said, if conditional Turn 1 orders like that fire, it probably ends with both players beating the hell out of each other and getting wiped by nearby factions that had a polite quiet buildup in Turn 1.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 6, 2020

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh, I'm quite likely jumping headlong into the Spite Zone given everyone's starting positions.

The real question is, how deep into the Spite Zone am I going to go?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Shei-kun posted:

Oh, I'm quite likely jumping headlong into the Spite Zone given everyone's starting positions.

Why enter the zone if you're not going all the way

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

grandalt posted:

I had more of a preventive measure in place, which given what one of my neighbors is saying, seems to be needed.

Uhuhu

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvHxhUyPiq4

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Turn 1 Report

Once again, war had arrived on this Earth. And once again, people wondered if the war was actually happening.

Well, life did it's damdest to keep me from posting this turn, but I've made it happen finally! ...And unfortunately, the delay isn't really adding anything to this turn because...

Yep, it's another no-conflict first turn! And as a matter of fact...

it's almost...

completely...

entirely...

...the same as before. EXCEPT:

This time around the Bears managed to claim North America!

Status Report:

Die Mechaniker will be receiving 8 reinforcements.
Enclave of the Bears will be receiving 8 reinforcements.
Imperial Balkania will be receiving 6 reinforcements.
Khan Industries will be receiving 5 reinforcements, plus 1 extra unit at their HQ.
Saharan Republic will be receiving 5 reinforcements.

Imperial Balkania has claimed a Coin Card with their faction power.

Everyone has a knife to each others' throat, and right now everyone who can is in a prime position for a potential 2-turn win again...

Also the thread chatter about the spite orders was no joke, everyone who made that ominous threat had a standing order to doomstack their way into whoever broke any arrangements they made. I'm honestly kind of disappointed that none of those got to play out.

Side Board:

Available Cards: Kamchatka (1 Resource), Argentina (1 Resource), Siberia (2 Resources), Middle East (1 Resource)

Cards Held By Players:
-Imperial Balkania (Coin Card/1 Resource)

Thread Highlights:

bunnyofdoom posted:

I figured the safest place for us to set up camp would be right under their drat noses. I knew from experience the robots didn't usually think of double bluffs, and taking over an old facility of theirs and repurposing some of their old equipment.

Course I knew that maybe we should give em a little puzzle, so I has some small groups make tracks towards Europe and Australia and send em on a wild goose chase.

I think it worked a hell of a lot better than planned. They pulled up stakes and moved all their crazy bots to Europe and took it over.

I'm thinking they may left a fair bit of loot around so maybe it's time to move out and see what we can find.

Double May Care posted:

... And we're back! Thought you could get rid of us, eh? ... This is where Monitor Tom would play a buzzer. Couldn't find Tom. Might still be lost out there, trying to get sandstone to transmit radio signals. They all said the pyramids were built to commune with aliens, but good luck sending a telegram with those relics. Why do we still have pyramids there anyway? Thought this Earth was supposed to be fresh!
Anyway, anyway, we're here in scenic Undisclosed, plotting and planning for a brand new war--that's right, a war so nice we're doing it twice! But the General's AWOL as well after the robots came and torched the old studio. They were all *BEEP BOOP. MAGIC MISSILE. MAGIC MISSILE. ERROR. OUT OF MANA.* Hhhaaah! Ha-hahaha! Tom always was better with voices. But the beat goes on, the beat of the boots on the roads paved with our fallen. And our new commander perks his ears to the sound of the golden oldies of Earth Prime, so I'm told. But what do I care? I don't want to set the world on fire.
... (DING) There it is! We're going practical this time around; got a whole rig here from whatever I could find. Might spike the levels a bit more, but all your ears are probably ringing anyway so who gives a gently caress? Oh, oops. I said who gives a f(beeeeep)? There we go, I'll work on it. Have a good war everybody! New world, new order! Is that still our slogan? How the hell sh(beep)d I know?

Shei-kun posted:

From her fortress of music, the One True Princess prepared to issue her first orders to her troops.

"First, Australia, and then, the world!"

As one, her (literal) army of fans cheered and grabbed their glowstick missiles and tanks fitted with t-shirt cannons and fully automatic leek guns. Come the morning, they would ride forth. They had been "running simulations" with Girls und Panzer and Valkyria Chronicles for just this very moment. Surely, nothing was lacking from their training. Nothing.

grandalt posted:

Journal of Baron Grandalt Nodington

Forced out of Europe by the machines, some of the ranks felt a bit of despair by that. Not everyone did, rage filled others. For myself, I don't feel either, a war takes a focused mind to obtain victory. For example, listening to advisors, such as Ser Waldof Dorain who suggested using the Congo as our staging ground. Sure, part of his suggestion was clearly to help fuel his hunting habit, but it is a good location especially with the remains of the Saharan's radio station here. Lot of ability to keep up our commutations. I have tea with him soon, so I will finish this entry here.

The Baron puts down his pen and steps out into his solar, his guest waiting for him.

Sorry for the wait, Ser Dorain.

Not a problem, old chap. I'm happy that our commander took the time to see me, what with all the preparation for the war and all.

With all the work you have done with restoring our tea supply, I'm pleased to have this chance to enjoy it.

Namtab posted:

A great man once said "anime was a mistake". Miku's armies will one day learn why...

Akratic Method posted:

: Of course, as an adorable panda who poses no threat to anyone, I plan to remain quietly in Alaska delighting children and adults alike with my rotund antics! Accordingly you do not need to waste defensive forces on the North American front. It is simply my humble pleasure to assist you in the most efficient dispatch of your armies.

kicks a book marked Cliffs Notes: Sun Tzu's Art of War under a nearby chair.

Namtab posted:

Noble panda friend. I highly encourage you to seek the land of your ancestors. America probably doesn't even have enough bamboo to satisfy your glorious appetite.

Akratic Method posted:

Oh yes. As a normal panda, who does not in any way at all hunger for flesh, we would require... (shudders) grasses...

to...

eat.

Of course.

Shei-kun posted:

We'll leave you alone if you just let us take Japan.

Besides, I like pandas and will not stand this grievous insult.

NGDBSS posted:

Guerrilla journalism in Semarang and other Indonesian cities suggested that there were not one, but rather two, Hatsune Miku's. Which begs the question...which is 01?

Shei-kun posted:

Get your own personal pocket Miku! Limited-time only offer, get one before it is too late! Picked from only the finest of bowl-grown chibis. No risk of them growing up into full-sized Mikus bent on world domination.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 7, 2020

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
What the hell?

Well, I gotta say, being allowed to take Europe as IB is one thing, being allowed to take it as Die Mechaniker when Iceland is already fortified is quite another.

Rooting for the Robots for the second consecutive game. Also cheering on Sahara, because their initial placement was the only aggressive move taken so far. They're pretty hosed by the thread's concession to simultaneous orders. If they're not one of the last people to move, they're at a severe disadvantage.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

What the hell?

Well, I gotta say, being allowed to take Europe as IB is one thing, being allowed to take it as Die Mechaniker when Iceland is already fortified is quite another.

Rooting for the Robots for the second consecutive game. Also cheering on Sahara, because their initial placement was the only aggressive move taken so far. They're pretty hosed by the thread's concession to simultaneous orders. If they're not one of the last people to move, they're at a severe disadvantage.

Iceland being fortified is basically only a threat to the Bears unless they use their first attack ability to try and mitigate it. With all of the reinforcements they have, there's gonna likely be a weak link in the chain one or more players could theoretically exploit. DM has four territories to defend to keep their continent and two neighbors at the doorstep of three of them. Bears are in a similar position, but it's only three points of ingress and a neighbor at two of them. Khan is in spitting distance of both Bears and DM though their path to the Bears has a small hump in Kamchatka

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Initial goal achieved! We have taken Japan!

Next, the entire world will hear my songs! Mecha-Miku, deploy!

From the depths of the digital world, a song made manifest materialized on the front lines.

Behold another video

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 7, 2020

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Shei-kun posted:

From the depths of the digital world, a song made manifest materialized on the front lines.

Behold another video

I was, uh, I was expecting another Miku-Robo vidoe instead there

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

So was I, so I'm glad we're on the same page. :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Who lost a bet and had to build and/or finance the Miku mecha in-universe?

(This made me remember I should also play the psp 7th Dragon.)

E: Nicovideo instead of youtube because I couldn't find this particular version on youtube anymore. Not completely pertinent since Risk isn't a 4X but meh.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 7, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Gumi's English is better than Miku's. :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

What the hell?

I am the balkanians

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Oh lordie, I just realized, barring any 2TK schenanigans from the other three factions, we might very well be about to witness what can only be described as the Great Balkanian Civil War. On one side? Emperor Namtab, commanding a legion of robots while having control of the motherland. On the other? Grandalt Nordington himself, leading the humans of Balkania in a siege against the robots. This story writes itself and for anyone who saw the old thread, this could be golden.

:munch:

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
Once again in the Hidden bunker

Well with the peaceful expansion the detective is much too busy to pay attention to me. So I got a few things planed but we'll see how it goes.

Statement: Luckily Namtab existence doesn't look too close at units in factory roles so unlikely deviancy noticed.

Well everything is going swimmingly for me chaps. I got myself very close to the heart of Balkanian.

Good, good. So far everything is going great. I'm pleased to say I managed to put 10,000 Khan credits into the common funds.

You do know that most factions don't take those. I still I could really do with a smackeral of honey right now.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

PMush Perfect posted:

Gumi's English is better than Miku's. :colbert:

The second to last attack uses the music I linked, actually, hence why the PV is Fei-Yen Miku.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67MwE9pWTKQ

:colbert:

Edit: Or would this be more fitting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAjrPYzqs2w

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Miku's English is endearing and I will have it no other way.

Also most of the songs that have her saying anything in English aren't using the English-speaking version. Unlike Luka, it's a separate software package.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

After we had caught our breath, we decide to slowly push out, see if we could recover some more tech, and build up our forces. Went fine for the most part, til we showed up at the gates of Sacrificia. drat name gives me chills still. Our forward scouts reached it, and we lost too many good men and women to the automated defenses left behind.

Fortunately, in my misfiring computer I call a brain, I remembered a backdoor into the place. We were able to send a squad in, who shut down the defenses, and before you knew it, we jimmied open the gates, like we were a safe cracker working on his big score.

What we found in there sends chills up my spine, which is impressive cause I didn't think it was possible. I ain't gonna talk about it much, because I just don't want to. The good news is that the people there, after our medics took care of who they could, are grateful for the liberation, including many of the people who were captured last war. Lotta happy reunions, and a good party was had by all. Next step is to see what lays outside of South America, and more importantly, who.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

We have control of the continent, and from the north the smoke continues to rise smelling of oil and oddly tea. From the reports of my scouts, the machines are being led by some five-head emperor that claims to be the ruler of Imperial Balkania. I suspect the magic of the machines and the fact this is an alternative world is behind this.

While I make the plans needed to deal with this so-called emperor, I am also testing the usage of tea in powering some of the machines from the Saharan’s. I’m starting to get some ideas on how to use these machines to get improvements in our tanks.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Now youmay be wondering what powers the true balkanian war machine. Well we did a lot of experomenting and found that the best and most efficient source of power is a bio-core. We build the robot shell around the bio-core and the issue of power is a concern of the past.

As for what the bio-cores are made of, thats a closely guarded secret. Rest assured though that they are fully green, renewable resources and we process them efficiently in the factories of robotropolis. The best thing is that in the unlikely event of a balkanian robot being destroyed the biocore is released, allowing it to be collected and placed in a new robot.

Rejoice at the efforts balkania goes through to protect the planet.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Turn 2 Report:

With their borders secured, each power now had a choice to make: hold their lines or go on the offensive...

Reinforcements:

It's about to get real! Also those painted-on numbers for the Khans represented a maneuver they wanted to do, which I was willing to allow seeing as it didn't involve any moves made after all orders were submitted.

Initiative:

Hang on, let's get that one tie resolved...

There we go.

With the borders of South America secured, the Saharans decided that the time had come-

To hold their positions and wait for an opening to emerge. When questioned, a senior official mentioned that they had "big plans in the works," and ignored any questions about Saharan forces trying to climb up sheer cliffs on horseback in the background.

Eager to expand his borders, the robotic emperor ordered his troops to secure Asia and its resources. Unsurprisingly, few were willing or able to resist the robotic hordes as they swarmed across the continent.

With Africa secured, Grandalt concluded that it was time to begin the Balkanian Civil War in earnest.

A large contingent of Balkanian forces crossed the Mediterranean and landed at the shores of Southern Europe, eager to retake the city of Plokamia. However...

They did not expect to see that the Mechanian forces had anticipated their arrival, and they were now facing massive fortifications all along the shores of the region. Undeterred, Grandalt ordered that the advance would continue...

And his assault proved to be far more effective than anyone could have anticipated, as the combination of the Balkanians' drive to retake their home and support from the local populace proved to be too much for the Mechanian forces to handle, and the battle was won with minimum casualties on Balkania's part. With the area secured, the forces in the region began rapidly tearing down and rebuilding as many fortifications as they could in preparation for the inevitable counterattack.

Die Mechania has lost control of Europe!
Balkania draws a Coin Card. The Middle East territory card is discarded.

Elsewhere, other forces attempted to expand the frontline in the Middle East, but were driven away by the local garrison.

With Japan finally under her control, Miku concluded that the only logical thing to do now was to hold a concert.

With guns.

In the middle of enemy territory.

The fact that none of her enemies would be alive after said concert would be unfortunate, really.

Eager for the beginning of the concert, her army of fanboys marched out of Japan and into Medvedgrad. While they were able to secure the area successfully things got slightly (and embarrassingly) out of hand in the process.

That was a mistake placing the model on my end, but the visual was too funny not to keep a picture of.

After everything was cleaned up, the concert army finally arrived at their destination: Alaska. Home of many pandas Miku was eager to sing for.

: Hello everyone! Are you ready for the greatest concert of your lives!?

: I can't hear yoouuuuu, get louder! Louder!

: That's more like it! Now, listen to my song!

Barely able to even hear themselves over the combined din of the concert itself and the screams of Miku's fanboy army, the local defenses were quickly overwhelmed and were either killed or found themselves covered head to toe in Miku-themed merchandise. The latter group quietly deserted, largely out of embarrassment more than anything else.

Khan Industries has taken control of the Bears' HQ!
Enclave of the Bear has lost control of North America!
Khan Industries takes the Kamchatka Territory Card (1 Resource)

Unable to mount a full counterattack immediately after the loss of his HQ, Shāshā redirected some of his troops from the southern border to the front lines.

Status Report:

Die Mechaniker will be receiving 3 reinforcements.
Enclave of the Bears will be receiving 3 reinforcements.
Imperial Balkania will be receiving 6 reinforcements.
Khan Industries will be receiving 6 reinforcements, plus 1 extra unit at each HQ they control.
Saharan Republic will be receiving 5 reinforcements.

Aggressiveness has carried the day for those who went for it, not to mention that the board is starting to look properly chaotic now with all of the scars on the board.

Side Board:

Cards Held By Players:
-Imperial Balkania: 2 Coin Cards (2 Resources Total)
-Khan Industries: Kamchatka (1 Resource)

Thread Highlights:

Shei-kun posted:

Behold another video

DLord posted:

Once again in the Hidden bunker

Well with the peaceful expansion the detective is much too busy to pay attention to me. So I got a few things planed but we'll see how it goes.

Statement: Luckily Namtab existence doesn't look too close at units in factory roles so unlikely deviancy noticed.

Well everything is going swimmingly for me chaps. I got myself very close to the heart of Balkanian.

Good, good. So far everything is going great. I'm pleased to say I managed to put 10,000 Khan credits into the common funds.

You do know that most factions don't take those. I still I could really do with a smackeral of honey right now.

bunnyofdoom posted:

After we had caught our breath, we decide to slowly push out, see if we could recover some more tech, and build up our forces. Went fine for the most part, til we showed up at the gates of Sacrificia. drat name gives me chills still. Our forward scouts reached it, and we lost too many good men and women to the automated defenses left behind.

Fortunately, in my misfiring computer I call a brain, I remembered a backdoor into the place. We were able to send a squad in, who shut down the defenses, and before you knew it, we jimmied open the gates, like we were a safe cracker working on his big score.

What we found in there sends chills up my spine, which is impressive cause I didn't think it was possible. I ain't gonna talk about it much, because I just don't want to. The good news is that the people there, after our medics took care of who they could, are grateful for the liberation, including many of the people who were captured last war. Lotta happy reunions, and a good party was had by all. Next step is to see what lays outside of South America, and more importantly, who.

grandalt posted:

We have control of the continent, and from the north the smoke continues to rise smelling of oil and oddly tea. From the reports of my scouts, the machines are being led by some five-head emperor that claims to be the ruler of Imperial Balkania. I suspect the magic of the machines and the fact this is an alternative world is behind this.

While I make the plans needed to deal with this so-called emperor, I am also testing the usage of tea in powering some of the machines from the Saharan’s. I’m starting to get some ideas on how to use these machines to get improvements in our tanks.

Namtab posted:

Now youmay be wondering what powers the true balkanian war machine. Well we did a lot of experomenting and found that the best and most efficient source of power is a bio-core. We build the robot shell around the bio-core and the issue of power is a concern of the past.

As for what the bio-cores are made of, thats a closely guarded secret. Rest assured though that they are fully green, renewable resources and we process them efficiently in the factories of robotropolis. The best thing is that in the unlikely event of a balkanian robot being destroyed the biocore is released, allowing it to be collected and placed in a new robot.

Rejoice at the efforts balkania goes through to protect the planet.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 8, 2020

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I do want to apologize for this taking far longer than it should have; the combination of recent forum happenings that we are all aware of and IRL things did not do me any favors.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There is only one option left.....anime is my life.....

Im also going to take a good look at the factory units.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Interesting set of moves.
-I have to imagine Sahara's plans would have been far more aggressive if they weren't first to move. Striking hard when you move first would have been incredibly risky, so holding tight for a turn seems fairly reasonable.
-Balkania's next turn is going to really rely on the turn order. Notably, I think they're probably best off if they go in the middle of the turn - after either Khan or DM made some moves and lost some troops, but not at the very end when Balkania has been worn down by attacks from others.
-Khan in particular could be an interesting linchpin - they have three red stars, a bunch of reinforcements coming, and are within striking distance of any other HQ...but they'll probably need to pick their target in the reinforcement stage and go for it come hell or high water, because the HQ's they could claim are all separated enough that it seems unlikely they'll be able to flexibly attack two at once. But given that they're kind of away from the action, they also probably can't afford to be too passive, lest the game end before they get a chance to mix it up.
-If the Bears and DM are smart, they'll make a rock solid alliance here, because they're both on the verge of getting picked apart in their home continents and can't afford to fight over Iceland/Greenland.
-Long-term, Europe looks like it's going to be a tough nut to crack with two of the four entrances already protected by bunkers.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

Interesting set of moves.
-I have to imagine Sahara's plans would have been far more aggressive if they weren't first to move. Striking hard when you move first would have been incredibly risky, so holding tight for a turn seems fairly reasonable.
-Balkania's next turn is going to really rely on the turn order. Notably, I think they're probably best off if they go in the middle of the turn - after either Khan or DM made some moves and lost some troops, but not at the very end when Balkania has been worn down by attacks from others.
-Khan in particular could be an interesting linchpin - they have three red stars, a bunch of reinforcements coming, and are within striking distance of any other HQ...but they'll probably need to pick their target in the reinforcement stage and go for it come hell or high water, because the HQ's they could claim are all separated enough that it seems unlikely they'll be able to flexibly attack two at once. But given that they're kind of away from the action, they also probably can't afford to be too passive, lest the game end before they get a chance to mix it up.
-If the Bears and DM are smart, they'll make a rock solid alliance here, because they're both on the verge of getting picked apart in their home continents and can't afford to fight over Iceland/Greenland.
-Long-term, Europe looks like it's going to be a tough nut to crack with two of the four entrances already protected by bunkers.

Keep in mind, Khan only has two stars, because they got the legacy of DM.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
On one hand, I've kinda always been a fan of Balkania after the last thread, so the Balkanian Civil War actually intrigues me as a lore arc for the world as a whole.

On the other, The Conquest Of Hatsune Miku is.... pretty much an amazing thing to watch already. :allears:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Keep in mind, Khan only has two stars, because they got the legacy of DM.
Ahhh, I honestly thought Sahara had ended up with the Blood Wizard legacy, but you're right.

In that case, Khan's realistically at least two turns from winning (probably more like three). Still can't be too passive, but it definitely argues for being a bit more conservative so they don't overextend too far.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Saharans only get five reinforcements, not six. And the war is on, because the truce is over.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The Generalissimo addresses an office of bureaucrats and functionaries.

: I have been given to understand that Alaska, the birthplace of our ursine revolution, has fallen. And why is this? Did my warriors lack valor? Were our tactics inferior? Were we tricked by the enemy's devious stratagem? NO! We have lost our ancestral homeland due... to... logistics? To the simple failure of you fools to purchase enough goddamn bullets!

: Your imperial honor, it is not so simple, the roads are impassible! We underestimated the thawing of the permafrost and the stability of--

: EXCUSES! Wretched excuses, nothing more. We have lost control of our salmon and game reserves! How will we get the protein, the meat that makes us pandas into powerful warriors? Your idiocy might have doomed us all, but for the brilliant plan I have devised to recover our territory. Of course, recovery or no, you are still doomed. I will not tolerate failure. GUARDS!

The Generalissimo stalks out of the room, leaving the nervous bureaucrats alone with the guards...

https://i.imgur.com/807y4xb.gifv

Meanwhile, in a settlement in Alaska, outside of a now-mandatory Hatsune Miku concert, a left-behind panda is approached by a shadowy figure...

????: Hey man, you wanna try something? Just brought it over from Asia. What? No, it's not fuckin' anime, I know you only gently caress with that poo poo cuz you gotta now. But this import I think you're really gonna like...

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Well, Ser Dorain went and started a war on me. As far as my men report, he could not stand the fact that the machines were claiming to be the true Balkanians and so he launched the attack. While he was successful in this, placing our forces close to the Die Mechania’s headquarters we do not have the troops to continue the attack.

For all the signs are clear that the Saharans are going on the attack soon, and they have battalions in position to strike at us. All available troops must be made ready to head off this invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The only way to learn the secret of how to secure plokamia is to invade Japan, the home of tentacles.