Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Actually, I'll cop to being the one who recommended it. I know more than a few times, people have expressed surprise on finding a general boating thread in AI, much less discussion on sailboats and sailboat racing. I know we try to have AI as a much more encompassing forum, but its still largely seen as a car forum and therefore not many people would think to look for a boating thread here. Much less a sailboat racing thread. They don't even have V8s man!

Anyways, I personally feel that while this thread has a home in either forum (and I'm perfectly happy to have ya'll stay here if you want), the thread has a better chance to grow and get more sailing buddies in the outdoors forum. And we all know that boating is more fun with friends! (especially if they own the boat. :v:)

And there are a couple of options available if ya'll want to move. I can move this thread wholesail (See what I did there!?! :haw:), it can be recreated over in TGO or we can have a thread in each place even if ya'll want!

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If you sail off into new waters is entirely up to the thread and I'm happy to keep ya'll anchored in AI if you want. The TOG suggestion is more about getting exposure from a very cool little community that cropped up. This thread would still be focused entirely on sailboat racing even if it moved. I'm happy that the boat thread I started years ago helped give a start to this group and want to see it keep growing. I may prefer motorized boats to wind powered boats, but its been fun to read about ya'lls adventures anyways. :kimchi:

(Though one day maybe I can swap to an electric boat. That would be awesome.)

EDIT: Alright, a general boating adventure thread is now up in The Great Outdoors: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933144

This thread will be staying in AI and I find it super awesome you wanted to hang out here with us still. :kimchi:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 18, 2020