Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

lol

(he has now been granted mercy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
About 3 1/2 years ago myself and a number of other goons joined Torn. Now only 3 of us remain.

This is me.

I'll donate a bunch of beer, candy, and ecstasy to your armory.

EDIT: Sent 50 ecstasy, 3500 beer, and 608 big boxes of chocolate to the leader guy.

I don't know how you guys are training, but I was eating max booster cooldown candy, popping an ecstasy, training, using a refill, then training again early in my career. It's cheaper than xanax and more effective because happy has a higher impact on stat gains sub ~400k. Thus the candy and ecstasy.

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 24, 2020

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

About 3 1/2 years ago myself and a number of other goons joined Torn. Now only 3 of us remain.

This is me.

EDIT: Sent 50 ecstasy, 3500 beer, and 608 big boxes of chocolate to the leader guy.

I've gone ahead and thrown it in the armory, Goondom thanks you

Also hello It is I, the leader of Goons in this endeavor. Join now and you too can do a bunch of drugs stab someone with a knife and get beat up by someone over 500 dollars! Join now!

If you get married in this game, please ask me about our traditional goon wedding gift!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

This is me.

I don't know how you guys are training, but I was eating max booster cooldown candy, popping an ecstasy, training, using a refill, then training again early in my career. It's cheaper than xanax and more effective because happy has a higher impact on stat gains sub ~400k. Thus the candy and ecstasy.

That's actually probably a good idea, thanks. We're currently dumping another 40-50k energy into Steadfast to unlock Excursion, but after that I'll go from LSD and Xanax to E.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

This is me.

This is what we put in our newbie guide, not sure how many people are following it. Thane for the donation, I will eat an those chocos!

Edit : also feel free to join our discord! We always seem to have some shenanigans going on, currently its playing high stakes poker and its great fun.

Crell fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 24, 2020

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Haha, I think I was one of those people! My account is 1300 days old but I abandoned it after only a week or two the first time, and now I have 254 refills.

Jestah
Dec 7, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I'm in as Jestah, apparently I have an account from a million years ago. Is this game any fun?

Chaospoowoo
Feb 17, 2009

I've got by burgers, and I've got my boys. All I need is a BAAAAM!!!
Play this game. It is a good game.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
"Feel good game of the year" ~ Weedbert and Toker

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Yet another game where newbies can make a difference right out of the gate. Elder Torn players create 14-day protected multis (against the rules btw) and stuff them with cash. You, a brand spanking new newbie can attack these players after a SINGLE DAY and steal all of their hard earned cash, report them to the admins, and harvest the bitter, yet sweet tears of their mains.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Stealing money via gambling makes people weirdly mad.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So I've discovered players in torn are extremely bad at poker and half the table is colluding against you

I normally troll the crap out of the chat, but today I was working remotely and wasn't paying much attention. I made about 40BB and then quit because the table broke.

This guy messaged me out of the blue

I get mugged constantly so I keep $0 on me at all times, which is a huge waste of energy on their part since I have low stats. If I get up from the table and don't chug some blood that's not my blood type, I'll get mugged within micro seconds. These guys absolutely hate me because their collusion isn't working against me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So, we've acquired our own company, an adult novelties store called "m'ladys insertions"

We immediately renamed it to Gonzo Goons, and I became the HR rep

Being a good HR rep, I sent out notices to our employees of course.

(context: Everyone in this game does Xanax and ecstacy...you basically can't really get anywhere without them)

quote:

Hello Employee!

We want to thank you for your hard work at our m'ladys insertions. As you know, Gonzo Goons recently acquired the m'lady insertions and there will be a few changes very shortly.

We have alot of questions about whether or not there will be room for all of the shared employees between Gonzo Goons and m'ladys insertions, and of course! We will be doing evaluations of all employees including 100% random drug tests. These are completely random and they will be performed on all employees, specifically for Xanax and ecstacy. We believe in purity of mind and body, and we are going to be seeking employees who fits our culture of purity.

If you have never done drugs, you have nothing to fear! We welcome you with open arms. If you have, we would advise to begin updating your resume with all of the metrics you've obtained from your hard work.

Thank you, and we hope to work with you in the future!

-Kris Wolfe, Gonzo Goons Human Resources Director

We gave them a day to find a new job and finish up their job points, to much chaos

I was the first to jump into the company, and as soon as I did I set up my desk of course

I get a message from one of them believing that I sent them a recruitment email

Oh you sweet summer child

I immediately respond

Finally, the player realizes what is happening

We begin firing the employees and replacing them with goons. We start to get some pushback from the employees trying to keep their job.

immediately afterwards

a few hours later

Sucking up to HR is the way to go

Anyways, we gave them a couple more days, and we have 3 employees left that refuse to leave, so their final notice

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hi

ign Gnads

I'm going to play this game to which I apparently registered 5 years ago

e: sent a faction application to GOONS

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 4, 2020

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If you have an old account that you're coming back to, you'll likely end up with free energy refills (I had 251 when I logged in after 3-ish years of inactivity). They are normally very, very rare.

Save them until you know what a happy jump is.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, I have an account in this game. Applied to the faction!

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
NO WAY. I have been planning on making a thread for this game for a while now, but I was super busy until like yesterday. Great game, and it is possible to play with like 5 minutes a day and then like an hour or so on the weekends/whenever you have free time. Or you can go full blown trader mode.

I've been playing for about two years now. People take this game super seriously in a stupid way, like they actually think they are gangsters and blow stupid amounts of money on roulette. The absolute best players, imho are accountants.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

bollig posted:

NO WAY. I have been planning on making a thread for this game for a while now, but I was super busy until like yesterday. Great game, and it is possible to play with like 5 minutes a day and then like an hour or so on the weekends/whenever you have free time. Or you can go full blown trader mode.

I've been playing for about two years now. People take this game super seriously in a stupid way, like they actually think they are gangsters and blow stupid amounts of money on roulette. The absolute best players, imho are accountants.

Nice, we've had a few vets show up now, its been nice to have some people who actually know what they're doing. Come hang out in discord, even if you already have a faction, we will share all our goon secrets with you!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

bollig posted:

The absolute best players, imho are accountants.

The funny part of this to me is that one of the best players in our faction in terms of making money is a literal accountant IRL.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Crell posted:

Nice, we've had a few vets show up now, its been nice to have some people who actually know what they're doing. Come hang out in discord, even if you already have a faction, we will share all our goon secrets with you!

Awesome, I have applied in the discord. I have room in my faction, it seems like goons is full.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Be crime, do gay.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

LiberalExtinction posted:

Be crime, do gay.

Done.. altough my gay partner quit so I will need a new gay friend once my lease runs out

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

normal interactions with pubbies

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

So let us go over the tale of Affluenza, or as we warmly call him Influenza.

Affluenza is a level 94 trader and has been in this game for 6 years.

In this game, they have a mechanic called buy mugging, where you can buy equipment off of people and then immediately mug them for some of your money back. One of the goals of this game is to find traders that won't do this to you.

One of the ways to check if they do is look at their enemy list and their karma/dislikes. You want a high ratio of likes to dislikes and they don't have enemies. These are very important as a trader.

So after winning a bunch of money playing poker 16 hours a day on this game, I decided to take a break and become an armor trader. I did some models for what I thought the market should be, and went through and picked up anything I thought I could relist for 50% profit (its working so far).

So Affluenza has armor pieces as well. The 3 bazaars with the lowest listed price on a piece of armor will be listed, all other bazaars are banished to the nether. If someone can't see your bazaar, they don't shop there.

So I take my shittiest pieces of armor and undercut Affluenza by 1 dollar.

He absolutely goes apeshit, blocks me, enemy lists me, and for two days puts bounties on me so that I get beat up. This actually isn't a bad thing, because if I'm in the hospital, I can't be mugged. Most traders keep themselves in the hospital.

So we can't attack Affluenza...I'm a 120 day old newb with low stats. But what can I do? I can dislike his thread, and put him as an enemy, and post in his thread that he mugs people after they sell to him.

This is where the threats begin, because the rest of us also nuke his trade thread and list him as an enemy. We start getting threats from other players since we went and disliked everyone who posted in the thread as well.

So come play with us, where pubbies E-Reputation is super important to them, and we wield insane power as newbies to completely destroy traders reputations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

If I can figure out how to run an extortion racket on dislikes, I'm gonna start kneecapping traders that don't buy dislike protection from us

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

So let us go over the tale of Affluenza, or as we warmly call him Influenza.

Affluenza is a level 94 trader and has been in this game for 6 years.

In this game, they have a mechanic called buy mugging, where you can buy equipment off of people and then immediately mug them for some of your money back. One of the goals of this game is to find traders that won't do this to you.

One of the ways to check if they do is look at their enemy list and their karma/dislikes. You want a high ratio of likes to dislikes and they don't have enemies. These are very important as a trader.

So after winning a bunch of money playing poker 16 hours a day on this game, I decided to take a break and become an armor trader. I did some models for what I thought the market should be, and went through and picked up anything I thought I could relist for 50% profit (its working so far).

So Affluenza has armor pieces as well. The 3 bazaars with the lowest listed price on a piece of armor will be listed, all other bazaars are banished to the nether. If someone can't see your bazaar, they don't shop there.

So I take my shittiest pieces of armor and undercut Affluenza by 1 dollar.

He absolutely goes apeshit, blocks me, enemy lists me, and for two days puts bounties on me so that I get beat up. This actually isn't a bad thing, because if I'm in the hospital, I can't be mugged. Most traders keep themselves in the hospital.

So we can't attack Affluenza...I'm a 120 day old newb with low stats. But what can I do? I can dislike his thread, and put him as an enemy, and post in his thread that he mugs people after they sell to him.

This is where the threats begin, because the rest of us also nuke his trade thread and list him as an enemy. We start getting threats from other players since we went and disliked everyone who posted in the thread as well.

So come play with us, where pubbies E-Reputation is super important to them, and we wield insane power as newbies to completely destroy traders reputations.

Khris Kruel posted:

If I can figure out how to run an extortion racket on dislikes, I'm gonna start kneecapping traders that don't buy dislike protection from us

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
Hey, Woodburger in game looking for an invite

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I might be wrong, but I think you need to apply rather than being invited.

https://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=16171

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Khris Kruel posted:

This is absolutely loving incredible.

Gonna finally hop on to check it out, I know I was aware of this game years ago but never played it, looking forward to a time killer.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why you should dump points into awareness:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Why you should dump points into awareness:

where ddi you find this.. city? Dump?

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008
Probably a map find - that's where I got boxing gloves too. Don't get buy/mugged like I did!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

JCFalkenberg posted:

Probably a map find - that's where I got boxing gloves too. Don't get buy/mugged like I did!

Yep. Most days nothing shows up at rollover, some days I just get candy or cheap vendor crap, but often enough there will be something nice like a pack of lottery vouchers or a can of energy drink. Today I hit the jackpot.

Stacking awareness gives fewer days with nothing and sometimes gives multiple items in a single day.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

JCFalkenberg posted:

Same. That was a learning moment for me.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

You can trade when you're in the hospital and if you're gonna shove through a $450M transaction you should do that. Remember to turn off revives in your options first.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also probably med out a bit ahead of time if it hasn't sold, and keep the bazaar tab open the whole time so you can med and immediately close bazaar, I've gotten hit in the two seconds between getting out of hospital and closing my bazaar before.

Or just accept that you will get buy-mugged but it's still 400mil you got for free.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
We just upgraded our member cap to 50 so there is a bit more room in the faction. We're also thinking of purchasing a bigger faction. The one we have currently cost us 1bil, and we're saving up for one that's 3bil.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Someone's trying to jump us for our territory. Game's good again.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

sure, why not. applied to faction as oldskool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
Just submitted a faction application under Irsh_SA.