Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
As a new player, what do I do? If faction is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

most of the people left are in another faction instead, forgot the name. one of the HT's?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

As a new player, what do I do? If faction is dead.

We joined HT-Original https://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=1149#/

Put in your message you're from GOONs and they should boot someone to make room for you.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
bit of an update: we've settled in with HT-O and it's going well. oSEB, the leader of HT-O, has developed a serious dislike of Willroc-a-fella (who has renamed to "The-Bad-Guy") and we've been expending all our milestone hits on Hooligans during chains. Each milestone hit takes away huge chunks of respect from said faction, and ol' Will has been complaining to oSEB. It's been a complete reversal of fortune for the guy and he's sad.

quote:

The-Bad-Guy: Just curious.. why are we being chained on and bonus hits dropped on us?
oSEB: I looked into that whole drama fest you guys created, and made multiple factions raid a smaller faction just because you could and peoples feelings got hurt over the internet, and eventually drove them out of playing the game, or moving to a different faction. This is just returning the favor, even though you deserve more IMO.
The-Bad-Guy: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/650193054656888833/799301324155387924/Screenshot_20210114-103653_Gallery.jpg
The-Bad-Guy: Thats the only one i have left of their raid
oSEB: I dont care about a singular raid? Story on that was someone from that faction was chaining on their member and that was retaliation. I dont even care about the story of that.
oSEB: I wouldnt of even cared if your own faction raided them
oSEB: But recruiting 10+ factions to raid them, for a false narrative is some bullshit.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao that owns gently caress that idiot

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

nippythefish posted:

bit of an update: we've settled in with HT-O and it's going well. oSEB, the leader of HT-O, has developed a serious dislike of Willroc-a-fella (who has renamed to "The-Bad-Guy") and we've been expending all our milestone hits on Hooligans during chains. Each milestone hit takes away huge chunks of respect from said faction, and ol' Will has been complaining to oSEB. It's been a complete reversal of fortune for the guy and he's sad.

:hellyeah:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

esto es malo posted:

lmao that owns gently caress that idiot

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
if any of you don't play much anymore, i'd appreciate it if you could pm me your torn api key - it'll be used around 60-80% of it's limit.

i need all the requests i can get for a little stat estimation project

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

periodic reminder that all secret planning should be posted at http://chillinternet.club/ for maximum security

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
hello fellow Gorns (GOon toRN playerS)

a small, birdie once told me that if you reap what you sow the world may never know.

meet me at private discord channel in 20 minutes for an rear end kicking.

the curtains have cloned the drapes.
REPEAT
STANDBY for orders.

Respectfully in Mourning,

unoplank

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

unoplank posted:

hello fellow Gorns (GOon toRN playerS)

a small, birdie once told me that if you reap what you sow the world may never know.

meet me at private discord channel in 20 minutes for an rear end kicking.

REPEAT
STANDBY for orders.

Respectfully in Mourning,

unoplank

can you PM me the details, can't be on the discord then.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
We're moving from discord to Free and Libre As In Speech And Non-Alcoholic Beer Matrix protocol chat, Discord is unencrypted and spied upon, please register at matrix and enable your jabber and matrix clients thank's

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

biosterous posted:

periodic reminder that all secret planning should be posted at http://chillinternet.club/ for maximum security

i have been bamboozled

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

esto es malo posted:

i have been bamboozled

and yet i did not see you post????

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Top sekrit meeting today on stonk market fixing right. Also on how we'll plot our revenge on "bad dude" aka "william Rock A fella"

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Logged back in and I'm a surgeon and I have 12k medical points? this worth anything

Huttan
May 15, 2013
The medical points can be used to buy some stuff. I'd spend the medical points on morphine (it is an option on the jobs page). Buy it before you quit because you can only spend the points when you work there. If you rejoin the job, you can spend the points.

https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Jobs#Medical

As a surgeon, you now have the ability (even after quitting the medical job) to revive people who end up in the hospital.

e: my in-game name is Huttan.

Huttan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 3, 2021

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
If you defeat someone on May the 4th using only your fists you get an award/merit for doing so. Few hours left to do this.

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I don't know how you guys are training, but I was eating max booster cooldown candy, popping an ecstasy, training, using a refill, then training again early in my career. It's cheaper than xanax and more effective because happy has a higher impact on stat gains sub ~400k. Thus the candy and ecstasy.

But a refill costs 25 points which go for ~$47,000 per point so $1,175,000 and gets you 150 energy (if you're a donator). $7,833 per energy.
A Xanax costs around $830,000 and gets you 250 energy. $3,320 per energy.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
there are some other parts of that dependeng on where you are in game, like getting kicked from your job for not doing 250k/500k-cost rehabs (in addition to hours of flight time), whether you can handle -30% stats for a while

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Mr Right posted:

If you defeat someone on May the 4th using only your fists you get an award/merit for doing so. Few hours left to do this.

The honor is called "Hands Solo". Lots of games have some sort of "May the 4th be with you" kind of thing.

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I don't know how you guys are training...
I didn't believe how much happiness made a difference to gym gains until I rented a better house than I could afford to buy.

The forums over there are quite toxic.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Huttan posted:

The honor is called "Hands Solo". Lots of games have some sort of "May the 4th be with you" kind of thing.

I didn't believe how much happiness made a difference to gym gains until I rented a better house than I could afford to buy.

The forums over there are quite toxic.

Even though we don't have an official Goon faction any longer, most old guard Goons will help you with needed items for happy jumps! Just hit us up in the discord for help.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Also those of you bored enough to find this thread and read it, we haven't been in HT-O since February.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I made an account and then logged out until I had some time to stare at this. I’ll join the discord if I ever log back in but George is spamming my email.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Virigoth posted:

I made an account and then logged out until I had some time to stare at this. I’ll join the discord if I ever log back in but George is spamming my email.

who's george

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the tutorial npc

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Virigoth posted:

If you care enough to login, there's a setting to disable those tutorial emails specifically (and you can see how many are left): https://www.torn.com/preferences.php#tab=email-subscriptions

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

unoplank posted:

Even though we don't have an official Goon faction any longer, most old guard Goons will help you with needed items for happy jumps! Just hit us up in the discord for help.

I've been playing for ~2 months now but always looking for other people to entertain my stupid newbie questions when my faction isn't around. Where is the discord link though?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr Right posted:

I've been playing for ~2 months now but always looking for other people to entertain my stupid newbie questions when my faction isn't around. Where is the discord link though?

https://discord.gg/goonscx

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

sometimes in torn you make a friend :buddy:

so like two days i made an incredibly basic shitpost on the torn forums

two days later the guy apparently decides that this is important enough to chat with me about?

uh oh he's Very Smart!!

i should befriend him he seems to have it together

(seriously i can't stop imagining it as a super-dramatic "REFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNN from friending me!!", chewing all of the scenary)

then he logged off :smith:

i hope he comes back soon so we can talk more :yayclod:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Thanks for all the free stuff yesterday Goons. It helped getting me outfitted and setup to hit the gym harder so I can attack mans.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A reminder to get in the planning discord ASAP, Will "Big BB" Rock-a-Fella has initiated a bounty war on me!

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

tater_salad posted:

A reminder to get in the planning discord ASAP, Will "Big BB" Rock-a-Fella has initiated a bounty war on me!

Oh, he's back at it again?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

Oh, he's back at it again?

Oops I did it again! I played with his heart..

He just sad I got a wife that ain't him.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

biosterous posted:

sometimes in torn you make a friend :buddy:

so like two days i made an incredibly basic shitpost on the torn forums

two days later the guy apparently decides that this is important enough to chat with me about?

uh oh he's Very Smart!!

i should befriend him he seems to have it together

(seriously i can't stop imagining it as a super-dramatic "REFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNN from friending me!!", chewing all of the scenary)

then he logged off :smith:

i hope he comes back soon so we can talk more :yayclod:

Furthermore is one word you absolute loving idiot.

Also jk bios love you, this post is a gem. :coal:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

nippythefish posted:

Furthermore is one word you absolute loving idiot.

Also jk bios love you, this post is a gem. :coal:

that mistake is in the part where i'm mocking him by posting like him, so, :v:

e: don't forget to check on the latest secret goon strategy here

biosterous fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 14, 2021

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

biosterous posted:

that mistake is in the part where i'm mocking him by posting like him, so, :v:

e: don't forget to check on the latest secret goon strategy here

please reset my password for the site, current one is hunter2

tia

uNoPLaNK, mAsTeR AdaPTeR

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

unoplank posted:

please reset my password for the site, current one is hunter2

tia

uNoPLaNK, mAsTeR AdaPTeR

oh okay, there is now a new password, enjoy!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

can you PM me the password? I can't find mine.. I gotta get my SLC .xls so I can look at the projected ROI for the SLC.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I need a reset
Old Pass is Marimoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

game still bad, dev good though