Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Couple other funny messages from taking our first territory.

From the faction leader complaining we're multis

From one of the line members, similar in game age to us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Emnity posted:

Oh great a Goon Faction, I should browse the MMO forum more often. Level held at 25 so far with ~450k stats.

Will look at moving over!

Even if you're too invested in your current faction you're welcome to come hang out on the discord!

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

About 3 1/2 years ago myself and a number of other goons joined Torn. Now only 3 of us remain.

This is me.

I'll donate a bunch of beer, candy, and ecstasy to your armory.

EDIT: Sent 50 ecstasy, 3500 beer, and 608 big boxes of chocolate to the leader guy.

I don't know how you guys are training, but I was eating max booster cooldown candy, popping an ecstasy, training, using a refill, then training again early in my career. It's cheaper than xanax and more effective because happy has a higher impact on stat gains sub ~400k. Thus the candy and ecstasy.

This is what we put in our newbie guide, not sure how many people are following it. Thane for the donation, I will eat an those chocos!

Edit : also feel free to join our discord! We always seem to have some shenanigans going on, currently its playing high stakes poker and its great fun.

Crell fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 24, 2020

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

bollig posted:

NO WAY. I have been planning on making a thread for this game for a while now, but I was super busy until like yesterday. Great game, and it is possible to play with like 5 minutes a day and then like an hour or so on the weekends/whenever you have free time. Or you can go full blown trader mode.

I've been playing for about two years now. People take this game super seriously in a stupid way, like they actually think they are gangsters and blow stupid amounts of money on roulette. The absolute best players, imho are accountants.

Nice, we've had a few vets show up now, its been nice to have some people who actually know what they're doing. Come hang out in discord, even if you already have a faction, we will share all our goon secrets with you!

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
We just upgraded our member cap to 50 so there is a bit more room in the faction. We're also thinking of purchasing a bigger faction. The one we have currently cost us 1bil, and we're saving up for one that's 3bil.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Irsh posted:

Just submitted a faction application under Irsh_SA.

Got you, and gave you permissions for the armory.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

bollig posted:

NO WAY. I have been planning on making a thread for this game for a while now, but I was super busy until like yesterday. Great game, and it is possible to play with like 5 minutes a day and then like an hour or so on the weekends/whenever you have free time. Or you can go full blown trader mode.

I've been playing for about two years now. People take this game super seriously in a stupid way, like they actually think they are gangsters and blow stupid amounts of money on roulette. The absolute best players, imho are accountants.

Hey what is your IGN? I don't think I ended up seeing you around the discord?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
https://www.goons.cx should work

We don't really have a faction anymore, most goons have spread out between PT-Ironhearts for tryhards and The Covenant for more relaxed atmosphere.

Crell fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
A bunch of goons and friends we've made along the way have bought a pretty decent respect faction for ourselves!

[SHAT] Shiny Hoard Avian Team
https://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=28073

We're still using goons.cx discord, but have made a specific one for this faction to coordinate things better once we get going. Come join us!

https://discord.com/invite/sqbACtf8