Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

You can also dump bounties on people that piss you off, which makes them super mad and takes up way more of their time than it took you to make that money.

E: Also the API doesn't allow for any input to the game, just scraping output, so you can't accidentally send the entire faction bank to someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

About 3 1/2 years ago myself and a number of other goons joined Torn. Now only 3 of us remain.

This is me.

I'll donate a bunch of beer, candy, and ecstasy to your armory.

EDIT: Sent 50 ecstasy, 3500 beer, and 608 big boxes of chocolate to the leader guy.

I don't know how you guys are training, but I was eating max booster cooldown candy, popping an ecstasy, training, using a refill, then training again early in my career. It's cheaper than xanax and more effective because happy has a higher impact on stat gains sub ~400k. Thus the candy and ecstasy.

That's actually probably a good idea, thanks. We're currently dumping another 40-50k energy into Steadfast to unlock Excursion, but after that I'll go from LSD and Xanax to E.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

bollig posted:

The absolute best players, imho are accountants.

The funny part of this to me is that one of the best players in our faction in terms of making money is a literal accountant IRL.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I might be wrong, but I think you need to apply rather than being invited.

https://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=16171

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also probably med out a bit ahead of time if it hasn't sold, and keep the bazaar tab open the whole time so you can med and immediately close bazaar, I've gotten hit in the two seconds between getting out of hospital and closing my bazaar before.

Or just accept that you will get buy-mugged but it's still 400mil you got for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I mugged a dude for about $40 million in total (about 2 weeks worth of normal income for me maybe) and he responded by spending another $20mil in bounties rather than just putting his money somewhere it couldn't be mugged after the first few times he got hit. A few of the times he even put so much money on me that the bounties were cleared in 5 minutes because someone hospitalized me, then revived me, and repeated until the bounties were gone. At least one guy even revived me after the last bounty was gone, so it made no impact to my playing.