Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jinh posted:

Controls amazing, I suck intensely at it and its great.

You can still go up one side of that peninsula-looking bit of vert ramp in the back of warehouse at an angle and completely throw the middle finger to physics as you wrap around the thing in the air due to the way vert ramps lock your position :allears:

My favorite skater was always Bucky Lasek but wow until you get some stat upgrades playing with him is hard mode, he's so slow and gets no Ollie air for gap finding.

I love this game. I love the 2 minute timer keeping the levels feeling fresh. I love how many secrets there are due to the gap system. :iia:

Fuuuuuck playing as Mullen must be a nightmare for the first few levels. No air at all. I'm not even sure they have flatland stuff in this, I'll have to look later. I know there are manual specials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's flatland. The default control scheme is basically THPS4

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Someone please mod all the cars out of the game and replace them with border collies

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

What a the V collectables in each level for? They don't seem pop anything up when you grab them.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Reddit seems to think those and the little aliens you find around are part of a challenge or achievement or something which makes sense

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do the different skating styles in CAS mean anything or are they just starting stats?

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
My muscle memory from my obsession with the original games is still there. Blitzing through the hanger listening to Blood Brothers felt great.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Reddit seems to think those and the little aliens you find around are part of a challenge or achievement or something which makes sense

apparently the Alien from Roswell is the second Unlockable Skater, the first being Officer Dick (who is now also Jack Black)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Orange Crush Rush posted:

am I dumb, or is there no Freeskate/2 Minute Session/Speedrun outside of mutliplayer or career

You can unlock speedrun. I just did it but I forgot how exactly... Maybe getting a sick score?

I've been using Kareem Campbell and this game is great. It's harder than I remember though. Maybe Kareem's stats have something to do with that? His air stat isn't that great and I just can't reach some subway tickets/hall passes/whatevers.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Yeah it definitely seems like you need to level up and come back to get certain collectibles and even goals instead of being able to 100% a level immediately

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
If anyone knows how to unlock freeskate let me know cos otherwise, uh, this sucks a bit.

I don't see the point of not letting you remap specials during a run. Had go back to the main screen to do it.

Nigel Tufnel fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 4, 2020

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Nigel Tufnel posted:

If anyone knows how to unlock freeskate let me know cos otherwise, uh, this sucks a bit.

I don't see the point of not letting you remap specials during a run. Had go back to the main screen to do it.

its the third option in skate tours

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can't you freeskate from the start? I did story in warehouse and started school, then when I went to freeskate I was able to get into roswell no problem, didn't even have to unlock it or anything, I was surprised.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Naw I just couldn't find it, yeah its under Skate Tours

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, not being able to adjust your skater's appearance (with the new stuff you unlocked) without going back to the main menu is a weird design choice.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I’ve hit my first area where I can’t get the secret tape or finish all the challenges without improving stats. I went with a street skater for my custom dude since grinding and manuals are the easiest ways to keep combos going, but it looks like I just don’t have the jumping ability for the downtown level.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Spent a couple hours on this last night when it unlocked (PS4) and it was like I'd gone back in time to my teenage years. It feels perfect controls/physics-wise and I apparently still have all the muscle memory from playing way, way too much of this series back in the day because I was ripping off the sick scores in single combos. The nostalgia hits -hard- and I hope the park creator and online play keep me interested after that wears off and I finish the career mode. It's nice to have a THPS game in my library again after I foolishly sold 3 and THUG2.

Also enjoying the soundtrack, both old and new.

MID TWENTIES SKATEBOARDER
I HOPE I DON'T GET HURT

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
Is this exclusive to the Epic Games store?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

I AM CARVALLO posted:

Yeah looks like it for now. Plus side you get 10 bucks off I think, due to epic's infinite coupon thing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I AM CARVALLO posted:

No, it's on PS4 and Xbox.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Is there a camera mode? A camera mode for this game would be sick, but if it exists, I can't find it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What's special about the 'Kickflip so good' special trick? It just looks like a kickflip as far as I can see...

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Maybe that's the joke

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
I miss the aggro kick from later entries, it was nice to have something to do with your hands while traversing the level

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

shut up blegum posted:

What's special about the 'Kickflip so good' special trick? It just looks like a kickflip as far as I can see...

If you say it in a German accent it almost sounds like a Rammstein reference?

I haven't unlocked that trick yet, but I'm loving this so far, its exactly what I wanted, as superficial or as deep as I want it to be depending on how I want to play

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

How long does this take to install on PS4? I’m at like an hour and can still only free skate and tutorial.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Transistor Rhythm posted:

How long does this take to install on PS4? I’m at like an hour and can still only free skate and tutorial.

Check your downloads, the game hasn't actually been completely downloaded yet. Had the same issue.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Downloading now. Bummed that a few of my favorite tracks from the original didn't make it but hearing Guerilla Radio made up for it.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

They really like their 'water on the fake camera lens' effect huh?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m a little disappointed because this is $10 more expensive digitally then on disc. Was about to buy it on PS4 because I thought it was $40.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m a little disappointed because this is $10 more expensive digitally then on disc. Was about to buy it on PS4 because I thought it was $40.

Isn't that just for the digital deluxe edition with extra stuff?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dr. Platypus posted:

Isn't that just for the digital deluxe edition with extra stuff?

Yep I was fooled by the buy now button on the store page which of course takes you to the most expensive version.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Oh my, there is so much stuff to do, completing all the level goals is barely scratching the surface. Most challenges look daunting. This is a ton of stuff to do for this kind of money. Everyone please buy this so we maybe get 3+4 or something.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Oh my, there is so much stuff to do, completing all the level goals is barely scratching the surface. Most challenges look daunting. This is a ton of stuff to do for this kind of money. Everyone please buy this so we maybe get 3+4 or something.

VV made DLC for the N.Sane trilogy right? A THPS3 pack would be amazing.

Also yeah, I was kind of bummed when doing a career goal meant it was done for everyone, but then I kind of realize the old goals is kind of an extended tutorial, the real meat and potatoes in this game is all the new challenges and poo poo.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Spent a couple hours with my brother getting our nostalgia on. We're two guys who clearly lost all their leet skills since the original just bumbling around and talking poo poo to each other like we know what we're doing.

It's definitely more grindy than I remember. I used to be able to get multiple challenges done per session, now I get maybe one at a time.

Also create a character is very lacking in customization. You get maybe half a dozen shirts, pants and shoes. No leather jacket for my punk rocker, but I do get a fake denim vest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's a whole lot of clothes you can buy in the skate shop

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I will say so far my only outright negative is how hard it can be to see objectives you are meant to collect. The new bells you have to wall ride in the first school level are way harder to see then they should be, and the signs in the Downtown level are also easy to miss.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Momomo posted:

I will say so far my only outright negative is how hard it can be to see objectives you are meant to collect. The new bells you have to wall ride in the first school level are way harder to see then they should be, and the signs in the Downtown level are also easy to miss.

Finding Ollie the Magic Bum in VB was also kind of a pain in the rear end, especially because I totally forgot what order he spawned in because it's been like 20 years

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I have just one question: How quick is it from "Restart Level" to you actually skating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like it. It's like playing 3 and 4 but on 1 and 2's maps. My hands? They aren't liking it as much.