Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm loving this game so far. The nostalgia is real. My wife, who never played it as a kid, is addicted to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kris xK posted:

I have just one question: How quick is it from "Restart Level" to you actually skating?

utterly instant for me on SSD, this game is really really good about getting you into the action!

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Kris xK posted:

I have just one question: How quick is it from "Restart Level" to you actually skating?

Quick, and it doesn't restart the song!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the songs playing through loading and menus is the best improvement

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doctor Syrup posted:

MID TWENTIES SKATEBOARDER
I HOPE I DON'T GET HURT

This song is so amazingly self-aware on the soundtrack, I love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kecW5p0b5I

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 5, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Definately feeling personally attacked by that song as I go down a set of stairs to play Tony hawk and feel my bad knees going off

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It's really funny to me the game labels stuff like infinite manual balance as an assist but calls the dumb alt graphics settings 'cheats'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMnoVxBmgig

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He's way better at this than I ever was lmao

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I'm loving this game but help, I feel like I'm going crazy.

I swear my skill points aren't located where everyone else's are, and I'm not sure they're possible to get? Example, the Chicago Skate Park has 2 skill points. I got the one up in the rafters already, but every guide shows the other one being located here, just above a quarter pipe:

But mine is further left of that quarter pipe, above the building.

I can find no one else online having this issue. I think it's also affecting the 1st skill point in downhill jam too?

Screenshot of the epic library to show that if this is some weird copy protection thing, it's affecting a legitimate purchase...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

your skill point is where mine is. thats above the skate shop? yeah

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

your skill point is where mine is. thats above the skate shop? yeah

Weird. I wonder if there's different versions of where the skill points spawn? There's even video showing it at the other spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7jGptfYP9A

Way easier to get there than on top of the skate shop.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is childhood all over again and it owns

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I also had the skill point in the much harder place to get in the first competition park, I assumed maybe the early access copies had it in the first place for whatever reason since most of the YouTube guides I see were uploaded a day before release

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm done with all the basic level challenges except the loving roof gaps in downtown Minneapolis. The actual jumps aren't the problem it's just that the last one is a massive hail Mary onto a rail on the ground and if you stuff it up you probably have at best one more shot to get back onto the roof to try again.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
should i get this on PC or PS4? i have a GTX 970. leaning towards PS4 but sometimes there's a reason to go PC

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If you prefer the controller for it I don't see a huge reason to get the PC version unless the park editor is a real pain to use on console and you actually care about it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it me or is there like a half second of imput lag when jumping off of combos or grinds? I basically can't do lip tricks at all because of it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

poo poo he's good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: wait no I can see the reflection of the gameplay in his picture frame, poo poo he's good

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RBA Starblade posted:

He's way better at this than I ever was lmao

Zaphod42 posted:

poo poo he's good

I'm pretty sure that's not him playing, a big running joke of Jablinski is that it's a "gaming" channel with very little to no actual gaming on it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I feel like this new version is harder than the original. Maybe harder is the wrong word. It feels like it plays faster. Is there a comparison video yet?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
The game is great, but the hitboxes and collision system need fixing ASAP. There are way too many gamebreaking collision issues in nearly every level that it's been really frustrating trying to rack up combos only to bail on something because one pixel of your character caught the coping of a bowl at just the wrong angle to glitch you through the object. That, and the hitboxes for the collectible items are so bullshit it's hard to believe someone thought it was good to ship. You can phase your character model through the popcorn buckets in Minneapolis without actually acquiring the item if you don't pass through the exact center of it. A far cry from the pickups that practically magnetized to you once you were near them for sure.

Overall though, I love the detail in the recreated levels and it's a lot of fun to just roll around in freeskate and admire them

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
re earlier: i'm pretty sure skill points are either randomized or at least unique per skater with some overlap or somethin

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
black gestures with his hands a couple times, he's not playing

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
:feelsgood: Feels *right.* Really, my only complaint is that the character creator isn't actually a creator at all, it's just another character selector, except for a bunch of characters that don't have names attached. Give me my face sliders, you cowards. You have no right to deny me the power to create and skate with monsters that are an affront to God and Hawk alike. :argh:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I really want a photo mode in this game. I would pay for it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want a whole dang Halo-style theater mode where I can make my own skate videos.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Wow the hard speedrun challenges are really unforgiving. I've managed to get Warehouse down to 65 seconds but there are just too many places where you can weave between every collectible without actually getting them, like on the ledge where the E, some crates, and a hydrant are. I keep jumping over the drat T too.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Is there no way to just play with one other person in a park? Are we missing something?

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I believe each pro and CAS have different skill point locations.

One of the CAS points in Downhill Jam is on top of the billboard and it's the only thing in THPS1 I can't figure out how to get to. Anyone have any luck?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am unreasonably hype for Tony Hawk

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Waffleman_ posted:

I want a whole dang Halo-style theater mode where I can make my own skate videos.

Skate 4?

Oh poo poo I just googled it and I guess they're actually doing it, nice

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Had a weird problem where it was reading my controller twice so all inputs were doubled, and I managed to glitch through the floor once, but otherwise this seems to be a decent remake. Engine runs pretty smooth and everything looks good. Tricks feel right.

I'm a supermaaaaan

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Xinlum posted:

One of the CAS points in Downhill Jam is on top of the billboard and it's the only thing in THPS1 I can't figure out how to get to. Anyone have any luck?

No and it's my last one on my custom guy and I've abandoned the hope of having a completed lip balance stat rather than keep letting it ruin my life

E: the trick seems to be drop down from above it via the grind across the half pipe section, but it's tricky. Even with all mods and full stats I can't get it from the kicker leading to the sign and I flew past it several times by an inch trying it this other way.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Al-Saqr posted:

I am unreasonably hype for Tony Hawk

There is no such thing as unreasonable hype for this game. It is everything we’ve ever wanted.

I don’t have Xbox Live Gold at the moment; how are create-a-parks coming along? I have yet to build my local skate park, but the idea of being able to share them in TYOOL 2020 makes me giddy. It’s the sole reason I’m going to re-up my sub.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Xinlum posted:

I just remembered, in Tony Hawk 3 the Vert/Street skaters had different placements for Stat points, it's probably the same thing for Vert/Street/Park

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I just remembered, in Tony Hawk 3 the Vert/Street skaters had different placements for Stat points, it's probably the same thing for Vert/Street/Park

Oh wow, I had no idea

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Now that more people are playing this:

shut up blegum posted:

What's special about the 'Kickflip so good' special trick? It just looks like a kickflip as far as I can see...

This game is so much fun, I'm just itching to play it again.
Some objectives are tricky though, and there are entire parts of levels that are really hard to get to, but are fully fleshed out. I kinda forgot about that. Wall rides are your friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Had a bit of fun with it.

But why is everything locked when you start? Come on we're mostly playing for nostalgia! We don't want to unlock poo poo! Just let us go for it!

Also the menus are holy loving awful.