Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Oh, okay, then maybe I'm thinking of... Great Cotte Falls? That area where Taion's colony is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

Glimmer so high strung, hope she mellows out.

fanboyed when adult Shulk appeared

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i feel like Future Redeemed should have been the full length game.

and the main game should have been the DLC

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

GateOfD posted:

they should make future redeemed 2

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Xenoblade 4 will have half the playable cast be Rex's three daughters.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The protagonist of the next game has to be Mythra child. I refuse to believe Monolith would introduce a mystery character they know everyone will want to see then never show them as a joke.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

GateOfD posted:

I had the same thought after completing the dlc tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GateOfD posted:

This feels like a pretty common opinion because it's correct

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The protagonist of the next game has to be Mythra child. I refuse to believe Monolith would introduce a mystery character they know everyone will want to see then never show them as a joke.

After playing Future Redeemed I 100% believe that Monolith will just do nothing with Mythra's kid, they already didn't with Pyra or Fiora's.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xenoblade 3 was much better as a stand alone game than FC and I'm glad they actually did something that was its own thing instead of just Here's The Gang Again. FC would also not work without XB3 to go off of.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I feel like there's very little doubt that, at the very least, they will be a major party member - but I think likely only the protagonist if they're male. I'm much more curious what roles Glimmer and Mio would have, if any, because sassy guy, his bratty half-sister, and his kind but tough other half-sister searching for the latter's weird dream boyfriend while having petty arguments the whole time is such a good party dynamic that I don't think it can be allowed to exist.

That, and Glimmer gets the least development of the Future Redeemed party, it'd be kind of a shame to not bring her back.

e: I'm with ImpAtom, having base game and FR reversed would not have worked nearly as well for either part.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 17, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't think Eunie is in the DLC sooooooo

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the main character of xenoblade 4 should be Eunie or a character that is functionally identical to her like Glimmer is with Mythra

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 17, 2023

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Xenoblade 3 was much better as a stand alone game than FC and I'm glad they actually did something that was its own thing instead of just Here's The Gang Again. FC would also not work without XB3 to go off of.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
FC is pure fanservice so I don’t think it could be a full game without getting tedious

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GateOfD posted:

Absolutely not.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I agree that Future Redeemed wouldn't have worked if it wasn't going off the main game as-is. Y'all are silly.

However I do think that the Enemypedia and Collectapedia should have been in the main game. (And no the cards don't count.)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

I feel like there's very little doubt that, at the very least, they will be a major party member - but I think likely only the protagonist if they're male. I'm much more curious what roles Glimmer and Mio would have, if any, because sassy guy, his bratty half-sister, and his kind but tough other half-sister searching for the latter's weird dream boyfriend while having petty arguments the whole time is such a good party dynamic that I don't think it can be allowed to exist.

That, and Glimmer gets the least development of the Future Redeemed party, it'd be kind of a shame to not bring her back.

e: I'm with ImpAtom, having base game and FR reversed would not have worked nearly as well for either part.

Manoueverable you wrote a lot here, but all I'm reading is Xenoblade Chronicles 4: We made Final Fantasy X-2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I kinda hope Xenoblade 4 makes a cleaner break from the past games than Xenoblade 3.

Xenoblade 3 did a great job at being a follow up and like 'finale' to the past two games while still being largely a standalone thing focused on its original ideas, but I don't think every future game needs to be as burdened by the continuity as FR was.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

My guess is we get a futuristic setting inspired by Xenosaga with more references but no real connection to that series. Eventually the curtain gets pulled back and it's the distant future post-3. The creators said they'd be wrapping the trilogy of Shulk's story so there's going to be some distance. Each game aside from FC introduced an entirely new setting and I think that will continue.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Silver Falcon posted:

I agree that Future Redeemed wouldn't have worked if it wasn't going off the main game as-is. Y'all are silly.

However I do think that the Enemypedia and Collectapedia should have been in the main game. (And no the cards don't count.)

I'd really rather we didn't replace 2000s era MMO design with 1990s era MMO design.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I kinda hope Xenoblade 4 makes a cleaner break from the past games than Xenoblade 3.

Xenoblade 3 did a great job at being a follow up and like 'finale' to the past two games while still being largely a standalone thing focused on its original ideas, but I don't think every future game needs to be as burdened by the continuity as FR was.

I realize the irony of saying that the next game should have that kind of dynamic while also agreeing that the base game of 3 worked better as a clean break, yeah. I also agree that 4 will probably be an even cleaner break (up to even having a different Xeno- name), and that ultimately the series may collapse if it relies too much on continuity; Rex and his family very much teeters on the edge of self-indulgence when realizing he's the Charlemagne of the Citizens, except it's really loving funny in full context.

Monolith really can make 2 totally different games if they want to with the setup they have. There's just the game my heart wants (see above), and the one they'll actually make (most likely Mea Tulpa's prediction).

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 18, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i cant wait for the next series from monolithsoft, XenoSword

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Xenoguns

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The next Xeno game is a dating sim built around double dates. Elly and Fei go on double dates with Noah and Mio and the gimmick is that each date takes place in a different reincarnation.

chaos is their waiter in every single one.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
The party will have to play a series of Tiger Tiger clones in order to find the Ether to change the world: Xenogames

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Xenojugs.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

How many chapters is Future-R?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Xenoblade 4: Xenogears Disc 2

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
XBC3 really shoots itself in the foot by not allowing you to level down. I hear you can do it in the post game but I'm amazed they never adjusted that in all the updates.

Got bored of steamrolling the story and went exploring in Erythia Sea for a bit and found the Levnis area. Couldn't find a teleport landmark but did find a unique Aspir 9 levels higher so... Why not give it a shot. First try I got wrecked then went back in with defensive gems/accessories and was going well until I hit chain attack just as his art killed my 2 healers and hero. Thought it was over after a pretty wimpy chain but Taion/Eunie were still barely alive. Liberty Wing saved my party from a wipe at least twice until I built up another chain attack to finish it off.

I'm not very good at the game but that was super satisfying. Now I'm going back to the story quests even more overlevelled though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kyoujin posted:

XBC3 really shoots itself in the foot by not allowing you to level down. I hear you can do it in the post game but I'm amazed they never adjusted that in all the updates.

Yep that functionality does exist and you just don't get access to it until you beat the game for no clear reason. It's probably the weirdest thing about 3 since it solves a lot of existing issues with leveling and was already available from the start in DE.

It's also had, since release, a very hard difficulty and a bunch of individual, tweakable modifiers like XB2 has but they're completely unavailable for reasons.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Yep that functionality does exist and you just don't get access to it until you beat the game for no clear reason. It's probably the weirdest thing about 3 since it solves a lot of existing issues with leveling and was already available from the start in DE.

It's also had, since release, a very hard difficulty and a bunch of individual, tweakable modifiers like XB2 has but they're completely unavailable for reasons.

Yeah, expert mode was one of my favorite additions in DE. It's definitely a weird choice to lock all that away until post game. When I eventually replay 3 in the future, I'll limit side quests to unlocking heroes and try to stay under the main story quest level.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kyoujin posted:

Yeah, expert mode was one of my favorite additions in DE. It's definitely a weird choice to lock all that away until post game. When I eventually replay 3 in the future, I'll limit side quests to unlocking heroes and try to stay under the main story quest level.

if you have a modded switch or emulator you can also use a memory edit that lets you select any level on that screen at any point, which is what I did and would recommend to anyone

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
That is cool but gave away my modded launch switch to my sister when I upgraded to OLED.

I did enjoy ch5/6 spoilers N is basically Anakin and his sword is the younglingcity slayer 9000

Edit: I would unironically love it if N throws Z down a shaft or something at the end.

Kyoujin fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 20, 2023

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Random thought, but as I'm replaying I kinda appreciate even more the incidental characterization in the game.

Lanz, Sena and Matthew(DLC) are 15-TP birdbrains, while Ghondor, lady of swears, has 35 starting TP same as Taion.
And yet I really cant see Lanz or Matthew dropping the ball the way Ghondor did with (end of ch 5/start of ch 6) -----Shania-----. Because galaxy brain INT is not the be-all and end-all of intelligence.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

GateOfD posted:

How many chapters is Future-R?

Five chapters.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kyoujin posted:

im currently replaying Xenoblade 2 and i forgot that they also did this. MonolithSoft you made a great adjustable difficulty slider, why can't I actually use it. It especially annoyed me that they did that in 3, because it's really easy to overlevel if you overkill things in chain attacks. Like, yes, I know that I can turn off the ability to overkill things, but then I don't get the dopamine hit from seeing Big Numbers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Alxprit posted:

Oh, okay, then maybe I'm thinking of... Great Cotte Falls? That area where Taion's colony is.

That's probably the most similar to XB2's Uraya theme, though I think it's a bit closer to some sort of mix between XB1's forest and Satorl Marsh themes.

IMO XB2 still has the best soundtrack of all three Xenoblade games, though they're all still absolutely top-tier. Just better at conveying vibes, and has some really amazing core melodies in some of its tracks.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I wonder if enough time has passed that I could do a full replay of all the games? It might be that time again. REYN TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh god, adult Rex is soo battle hardened and takes no poo poo
damnnn @ when he gave that verbal smack on Glimmer. This Rex has seen some poo poo