Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

YggiDee posted:

I get Melia has the 'sheltered princess' thing going on but she's eighty-eight years old? I swear to god that's not mentioned in the original version. That's a long goddamn time to never ever socialize.

Considering they're not allowed to look at her face, it might be a literal case where she's not actually been allowed out of the villa for most/all of her life, up until the point where they send her to die in Makna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

summoooooooon bolt
summon FLAre
summon COPYYYYYYY

definitely play as her if you're using her, really surprised the otherwise superb remaster didn't tweak her ai to make her at least functional as AI

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing Rufus Jones has been in, pretty famous is very generous.

Seems like he hates Boris Johnson so by my reckoning he's pretty dam cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Omobono posted:

I'm fairly sure City heroes count as other.

They do, as well as Ino (who is Nopon aligned)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm thinking that Glimmer is an amalgamation of Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma in a form, perhaps recreated by Origin of the daughters of both aegises as one person. Her name in Japan is Kagiori which basically means fire and light (apparently, dont shoot me). The hair's not quite fully Pyra coloured, it has big Mythra elements to it and Pneuma's ponytail silouhette, fully complete core crystal. She could definitely just be Pyra's though too.

I bought the Pixel Remasters for Switch thinking my gaming diary was clear until FF 16 so I could take my sweet time and play them leading up nice and slowly.

Nintendo clearly said "thanks for the money lmao play the game you already paid for instead"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 19, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're the CPU with the gall.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OhFunny posted:

founder talk:
Since the statues of Shulk and Rex are there as a mark of respect from their respective protégés and assuming A is one of them. That means we're still missing a Founder. I'm going to guess it's Rex's third daughter.

Maybe the last founder doesn't have a statue because they're not dead. Lookin' at you Riku

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agree with all of the above, shame this will actually drop Wednesday EU time not Tuesday :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they knew what they were on to with Eunie.

Sena feels like a "well, Ghondor was going to be in the party but we can't make it work so Sena, enjoy the promotion" situation

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

People always say that about Ghondor but she doesn't really seem all too different from Ethel as far as Heroes getting an arc in main story go?

Ethel doesn't even get a proper ascension quest and Monica has the fatal flaw of being a JRPG pensioner... 33, so she lost the chance to be main party by not being in the party immediately.

Where even the DLC is providing context for Ghondor being a little poo poo further.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

imo, you should do Xenosaga 1-3 as well because Kos-mos.

:unsmigghh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

not long till we get to spend more time with our favourite little nerd turned thick rear end DILF Rex.

let's enjoy this, xenofriends.

AlternateNu posted:

I fought the 105 dragon at lvl 88 last night as kind of lark expecting to get my rear end whooped and somehow won, completely forgetting to switch Lanz back to Soulhacker to get the ability. So, it's doable. :v:

If you have the skill on anyone at all in the party, you'll get the skill so if you're trying to fill out the soulhacker list, it's worth having someone just having it on permanently till you're done.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is a real strong opening for the DLC.

Matt owns a lot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Torna owns a lot. Of what I've played of Future Redeemed so far, I'd put Torna ahead of it but FR still hella good so far.

Torna might be about giving context behind Jin becoming the baddie in 2, but it's really not about him at all tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Omobono posted:

Switching to Future Redeemed comments:
are we sure Glimmer is Pyra's kid? Because she's so tsun we're looking at a mini-Mythra.

I'm not sure the game will directly say so, but I would be willing to bet that Nikol/Glimmer are not directly the literal children of Shulk/Rex, but rather the reincarnations in the way Noah/Mio are of N/M, but Origin sometimes doesn't replicate fully correctly. I think Glimmer is meant to be the merger of P/M's children from the photo but game could prove me wrong

But big agree overall, Mythra was always the superior Aegis so Glimmer being Mythra 2: Double Spinning Edge boogaloo is a win.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GateOfD posted:

how long is Future Redeemed

Probably about 20 at a casual pace, ~12 on a mainline only objective to objective, 100% completion probably closer to 30-35?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Takahashi has been trying to tell the same story his entire career. Now he has the studio, clout and free reign to tell his story, it's the smallest stretch of all time to assume he's going to tie his story all together as much as he legally can to finally deliver it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EUNIE