Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kinda weird the game is advertising "it connects the 2 worlds of the previous games together" or whatever. I liked that each title had largely unique (if still connected) settings. I don't think a big thing needs to be made of how it fits together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just curious but did you finish Xenoblade 2? To me this makes sense considering how 2 ends

Yeah I beat the game and I enjoyed the whole "guess what, the games are connected" thing especially once you get to the architect but that's kinda how I liked it? Like the game wasn't about that, it was just a neat reveal to think about how it all fits. Making a point with the release of the first trailer to be like "This game will explain how it all comes together" and it doesn't sound that interesting imo. Just kinda makes it sound sorta deriviative? I appreciated that despite how they ended up sharing continuity Xeno 2 was its own thing pretty much totally separate from the og game and advertising the new game with how it's linked to the previous 2 just ain't all that exciting.

Like, i'm sure that same with 2 it will pretty much be doing its own thing and it won't be like "Hey the point of this game is to be a chronicles direct sequel/2 prequel" or whatever but it's a weird point to start from.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They were helping out pokemon instead of Zelda this time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, fooled by leaks again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They removed that art from the website because it didn't include the Nopon party members.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Some of the characters are clearly Blades.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why would he be part of the Xenoblade 1 world if he was indoline smh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

7 characters? So they're just confirming they've kept some of the party secret.

I know.

There's 8 in the trailer, they can't fool me!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The nopon should be permanent party members

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're Melia and Nia and that one guy is Vandam.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

Someone translated the character relationship chart

Chart is obviously hinting the nopon will also get a mech.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I think that, outside of the yelling scenes, EN Rex is actually okay. There are other EN voices in XBC2 that I like far less. Akhos is *way* worse and, while English Malos isn't bad, JP fits the character much better (EN Malos is more just "hammy villain" while the JP has this sort of nihilistic angle to the VA that better fits the character). EN Vandham is also much worse, particularly in the big cutscene.

EN Malos owns!

Malos is the best character though and both VAs perform him well.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nopons should never be explained.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jin just wants to support his boyfriend.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Every character can also apparently eventually fill any role or use any weapon.

But I’ll be playing the nopons obviously.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Considering the Xenoblade 3 party is comprised of 2 groups of friends before they all join together (and then fuse into a robot with someone from the other group) i'm guessing the game won't have much of a problem with having the party members only having an important relationship with one other character in the party.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glad for further confirmation that the nopon are going to be permanent party members.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The X3 VAs seem solid so far imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Malos's VA owned that's what I remember.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's my guy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're def gonna be guests.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think the nopon pair are going to stick with the crew even when they’re not in the 7th party slot.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The human with cat ears also has a crystal in chest.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Considering everyone is an artificial creation with 10 years of life I’m doubting anyone is a direct descendant of a previous character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Regardless of any improvement in design Rex would still be bad because he is the most stock of shonen protags yet whenever he needs to shout a battle cry it always sounds incredibly lame.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mythra is cool imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He’s def the previous generation Noah clone.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Riku and Manana would be number 1 if they were on this random poll as they should be.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He’s so good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It doesn't really look much like Xenoblade 1 combat at all imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m super psyched for the XB3 battle system.

Love class systems, I’m hoping it’ll scratch the itch games like Bravely Default do.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope characters get different class skills from each other.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why would you post this?

Such cruelty.....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

which xb3 party member is going to be referred by a number for a decade to come

The Nopon ouroboros.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very jealous of all the people able to play this game early and similarly full of hate for those who be talking about it in this thread. Just rubbing it in that I still have to wait a week. :negative:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't remember Tora being that bad.

Like not that he's good or anything but I just really don't remember feeling all that strongly about him at all outside of dislikg some lame gags and how he and poppi are the one duo where the blade kinda feels like a more fleshed out character than the driver.

I guess most of my strong memories of XB2 are like the final third or so which is long after Tora is getting any focus.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Getting confused at whether people be talking about the leaked game or if this was revealed somewhere and they're reacting to that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They seem cool.

I hope they fuse.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Morag but I feel like past the halfway point the game was struggling to keep her meaningfully involved in the story. Obviously not just a problem she faced and she definitely had it better than like Tora or some of the XB1 party members who had the same issue, but she’s very cool so I was more disappointed by it.

One thing about XB3 that looks cool to me is how every main character has a special unique power and mysterious destiny. So I’m hoping this will help with everyone getting consistent focus and development throughout the game and not being kinda left behind by the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Pandoria's design is way too good for her to take the biggest back seat in the entire party, even more than Drommach, she was robbed

I remember she could talk to the Tantal titan or something which I think made her more relevant than Dromarch ever was.