Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Sleng Teng posted:

Midnight of whatever timezone you are in unless your region has multiple timezones. I.e. I don't think Terper is in the US

so you're saying I should change my switch's timezone to utc+14?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
In case anyone missed it during the chain attack tutorial like I did, when you are doing a chain attack you can pick which of the 6-7 characters to use by pressing left or right on the d-pad, you are not locked in to the standard noah/mio/eunia/taion/lanz/sena/hero order of attacking.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

As dramatically better as the battle UI is, there's one thing missing that I frequently find myself wishing for (especially after Ouroboros being added to Chain Attacks). There needs you be a way to tell a character's Interlink without switching to them. It'd be enough if you could only tell if they were at level 3 (so you know it's a good time to start the Chain Attack or switch to them to use it).

(someone let me know if this exists and I'm just missing it)

I would kill to have zL pop up a radial menu where I can pick which of the 6 characters to switch to instead of scrolling through with L and R. Could even show stuff like interlink level on it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

trying to swap through all the available party members so i can find the one person with the art i need is honestly the most stressful part of combat

I hope Hard difficulty doesn't require lots of switching for endgame stuff because I've pretty much ignored that feature. I wonder how much harm I cause just tabbing through people and temporarily disrupting their AI mid combat.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

I don't know how to tell you this but you can do this through party controlled interlinking. Go to options > game > interlink control type to party. There's a drill for it called order your allies to interlink or something

Oh god you can fix the targeting in the options as well. Thank you so much.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

chapter 3 boss is so loving funny lmao just a fat kid with a butter knife walking around shanking literal mudballs that hate their job

I'm going to become the Joran.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

Chapter 2 backstory cutscene: why does riku have a monado

Because He's the actual protagonist

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
lol the big chapter 5 cut scenes who wants to know how babies are made?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Amppelix posted:

is there a big money sink later in the game? so far the only use is buying accessories (pointless since you get millions of them anyway) and collectibles (sometimes useful)

you can take like 40 goes at each fabricator

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

KonvexKonkav posted:

This game may turn out to be my favorite JRPG in terms of the party dynamic. I like that everyone gets more or less equal screentime. Also I really enjoy when they just stop to philosophize about their lot in life every once in a while. It's a nice contrast to the bombastic anime fights. I don't miss the heart to hearts because those bits are essentially like that but better because they're fully integrated into the main story.

I just finished up a quest and as part of one of the final cutscenes Noah goes on a bit of a philosophical monologue and the NPC he was talking to just responds "You know you say some weird stuff sometimes" it was incredible. Quest: Eunie's ascension quest with colony 5

OddObserver posted:

At least Taion actually has glasses to push up. (I did get the same vibes, too, what with big fight over strange object and battle hellworld).

Also opposite gender characters merging into a super-entity.

Darling in the Interlinkk

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait are you telling me Xenoblade 3 has a FFXIV style "please set aside some time for these cutscenes" prompt?

Nah, it's one of those "you won't be able to go back for a little while" prompts. It really could use an extended cutscene prompt, though.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Books On Tape posted:

What's the most efficient way to unlock classes on all characters while keeping overall levels as low as possible? It looks like for leveling the classes, you can just use nopon coins, but unlocking seems to require CP. I've found a 20% CP up meal that I'll use but wonder if there's anything else. I want to grind out class unlocks but don't want the overleveling that comes with it.

You eventually get a 40% cp food option, I haven't been able to see a difference in the exp/cp ratio for normal/elite/unique monsters. Since the amount of exp you need to level keeps going up and I imagine the amount of CP to unlock a class is relatively the same, it should get easier to keep up with everything the further you get.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Andrast posted:

help i'm in chapter 5 and lost in side stuff and my progress has ground to a halt

in post-game you can de-level if you wanna save side stuff for then

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Andrast posted:

but what if this one unlocks an ascension quest!

the real ascension quest is the class points we earned along the way

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

does anyone know why eunie and taion's things are pulsing red and no one else's is? it's been doing it for awhile now in every battle.

overheated?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Edit: Ignore this!

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 8, 2022

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Please post endgame spoilers in the other thread and not here!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008241&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

This is a major spoiler-free zone (for now)

moved content to spoiler thread, sorry if anyone accidentally clicked it

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Ah! I had not considered this possibility. Yeah, this makes a lot of sense.

The funny thing is that I actually do this a lot (doing Chain Attacks while a boss is Launched).

edit: Speaking of Chain Attacks, does the "future attacks are all critical hits" ability of one of the heroes just apply to the current round, and if so does it also apply to the final order attack at the end?

I want to say that it at least applied to the order attack, since I did this once before an Ouroboros order and I'm pretty sure every single attack was a crit.

It applies to all attacks after the order, which includes the order attack iirc

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

xenoblade 3 finally put an end to the "who is the best Nopon"
i love this idiot duo hope they get more interactions :kimchi:

Make sure you equip Lanz with the Yumsmith as soon as you can.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Alxprit posted:

It seems like dying is just normal in this game. Give your healers the gems that boost revival HP and speed and accessories that recharge their arts after reviving and just kinda go with it.

psa: the gem that boosts revival hp percentage is additive, so when it says 25% it means 25% of their total hp, not 25% of the revival hp, so you can get close to reviving people with full health by endgame

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think my games bugged and I can no longer get Machine Assassin. I'm very frustrated right now :sigh:

I've done every single Colony 4 quest I can find and all the guides are saying 'just listen in on two npc's for this tactical eradication quest!' and there's just nothing here.. Spent the better part of a hour rubbing up against any npc's just 'please give this to me'

Have you done the writer's block quest in the city?

Edit: oh that's a couple steps ahead, have you already done tactical eradication? It's a pretty low level quest

Reik fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 10, 2022

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Having one character as the designated chain attack murder bot and giving them the +fusion damage and + launch damage accessories as well as the +launch damage seraph skill has turned unique monster/superboss fights in to "can you survive until chain attack is up"?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

A Sinister Rap posted:

I got to the big cutscene dump near the start of chapter 5 and I'm starting to feel very "Imma be real with you Tetsuya Takahashi, but trying Xenogears again isn't going to do anything about the declining Japanese birthrate"

Like some of these scenes are cute, but I have an uneasiness about where this will go.

Don't worry, they keep it under control.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

RuBisCO posted:

The crit damage up gem will massively spike your damage if you spec your attackers with even a little crit

Seconding this as your X gem. This is 70 percentage points, so it makes crits go from doing 125% damage to 195% damage.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Two Ogres were the cornerstone of my hard difficulty challenge clear, being able to keep one of the superbosses break/topple/launched as much as possible while deleting the other ones with chain attacks and praying.

Although apparently with the right setup you can one-shot all but 1 superboss with a single smash, silly game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

redreader posted:

I took a long long long time to discover that the reason that the A button doesn't work in chain attacks, is not because of a bug swapping a and b. It's because like normal arts, you have to press the button corresponding with the art you want. So you can actually choose the art you attack with, in chain attacks. Don't just hit b every time like I did until halfway through chapter 7!

It took me a long time before I realized I could move the cursor with the d-pad to pick who goes next in the chain attack, I thought it had to be in left to right order every time.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Optimist Prime posted:

Is there a way to consistently farm a specific type of shard (e.g., Rhomboid)? I'd like to try using Ogre more, but Sena's weapon is the only one I haven't upgraded.

It may be on the burst drop table if a super boss drops rhomboid.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Ok, looking forward to it and I’ll continue to push through. Again, it’s not that I’m not enjoying the game (I am), I was just expecting much more. Looking back, it’s the extremely thick exposition that the consuls lay on that’s really grating (think one even jokes about not having to explain something at one point), and the fight scenes bug the hell out of me specific to how they’re directed (same is true in movies where adversaries sit back waiting for their cue). Just asked my kids if they picked up in the 10 year lifespan still setting in and they too thought that was gone when the flame clocks were destroyed, kinda odd all we all missed it.

Make sure you don't try and wrap up chapter 5 right before bed, many of us have tried and paid the price (of staying up until like 4am).

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1592203204242071552?s=20&t=hNo3rZJlyc1ge76o3c7yGQ

itshappening.gif

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
As long as wave 4 tells us who the gently caress Deus Ex Riku is I'm down.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

I don't think that there being a character named Colonol Vandham in X or Lin having Monado hair clips means that there's a greater Xeno series multiverse any more than the references in FR do.

What do you think the moving blue dot was?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

It's a reference.

Nintendo owns the Xenoblade IP and it owns Monolith Soft. They're a major first party support studio and Xenoblade has turned into one of Nintendo's major first party IPs. I am pretty sure that Nintendo of all corporations will absolutely never hitch the future of Xenoblade onto an IP owned by Bandai Namco.

I don't even know why people are insisting that it's KOS-MOS, either, because she was already in Xenoblade 2. If that doesn't count because it's just a cameo appearance then why does a reference in 3 suddenly matter?

Because the last time we see KOS-MOS she's floating in space towards earth which was previously lost/missing and the last thing we see in future redeemed is the two planets that used to be earth coming back together and reforming it.

Reik fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 20, 2023

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

a single mention and line of dialogue from guy who died 1000 years ago in a flashback having the same name as an unrelated xenosaga character is actually very easy to shrug off. it's even paired with some name drops for X things that also don't line up at all with Xenoblade X's story or setting.

the last time you see KOS-MOS is in KOS-MOS's blade quest in Xenoblade 2.

The KOS-MOS you see in Xenoblade 2 looks like the original version 1 of KOS-MOS, not the version you see in Xenosaga 3.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The creators definitely think this all takes place in one universe, even if they can't legally say so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
As far as I am aware nobody was saying the next game is gonna be Xenosaga 4, they were saying the previous 3 xeno series were all tied together. That's why Takahashi sent out a letter about finally being able to tell a complete story when Xenoblade 3 came out.