Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Omg y'all are so lovely and beautiful! :swoon: Definitely vibin on Woebin

I normally hate photos of me, I always look so awkward but I'm definitely at home hiking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Last weekend I did some stealth hammock camping nearby. It got down just below freezing overnight. I've also started doing embroidery, ignoring my cello, and started experimenting with makeup.

This second lockdown here in Germany is... Not good for my sanity, but at least it's somewhat productive?

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Woebin posted:

Post makeup pics 🙂 I really need to attain some basic makeup skills myself.

You already have great skin, but I bet you'd be able to highlight your features really well! I just have basic concealer for under eyes and red spots, then foundation to smooth things out, and my favorite is brown Eyeliner stick, plus a bit of mascara if I'm feeling it.

Soooo it's quiet at work today, decided to put that all on

This is before, straight after a shower/shave

And bonus from the first time I tried to make cat eyes. Definitely need practice on that!

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Woebin posted:

That's some good everyday-appropriate makeup, nice! I'm pretty lucky with my skin, it's true, and the HRT is most likely gonna boost it even more (definitely feels softer already, but that could be placebo I guess). Mostly I want to learn to hide the unnoticeable-to-all-but-myself stubble properly, probably wouldn't be that hard if I only just did it!

I've tried to do cat eyes a few times too, always gets uneven and then I fill in the other side more to even it out until it's just ridiculously much. Fun though, admittedly.

Oh you know what, I bet you could make the mustache pop even more with a good, subtle lipstick if you wanted 🙂

For sure, it's all just blending! And Oooh, I'd thought about what lipstick might be fun, do you have any ideas on shade?

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

I, too, am interested in learning how to make crow friends. Sitting Here, can you give us a tutorial?!

Also Woebin, the latest Discovery episode was super heartwarming, for sure. :3:

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

I'm loving Corvid-chat, thanks you two! :kimchi: I literally read that rundown while walking to the store, so I picked up some peanuts. I have a decent sized balcony which I spend a bunch of time on.

Unrelated, some winter weather gear finally arrived so I am gonna take some time in January to do a hike from Brandenburg to Berlin, hopefully! Hammock Quilts and some base layers should be arriving next week to keep me toasty warm during the nights. I may have an obsession with Fjällräven...

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Woebin posted:

Hot tip for getting balcony visitors on camera: set it to record and place it, so you don't have to be near. Trying to get a good shot manually usually just leads to me scaring mine off.

Hiking sounds like a really good activity right now, I should honestly do that myself as well but I'd need to actually get some gear. You like you know what you're doing, that's a good look!

Also, side note, but that's a nice looking bed. Does it have storage built in or is that me reading it wrong? I'm looking to replace my IKEA bed because it's started squeaking immensely, and since I have an actual steady job and decent pay for the first time since university I should get something a bit better. Mind sharing what that one is?

Idk how cold it gets by you, but some trousers that are thicker and a jacket with pullover underneath is totally enough for hiking most day trips! Honestly, if I didn't throw myself into this, I'd go crazy due to covid. I work from home so I have to go out of my way to stay active.

I will say, Germans aren't very keen on colors I've noticed, so I try to mix it up to make things interesting! Two old grannies smiled at me today when I was out in that, so I consider that a success

The bed is a BRIMNES with drawers. Honestly I want to replace it with a more minimalist bed frame but it is super sturdy and doesn't squeak. I'd maybe check the bar running through the middle though, that's what usually causes squeaking.

Also Miss Broccoli, I'm sooo digging the pride day outfit! And jealous Aussie pride didn't get canceled this year!

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Sid Vicious posted:

did i do it right

Yup, 100%.:kiss:

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Agreed. Lookin STYLIN!!!

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Why does this look so familiar???

Uff, I like that filter way more than I'm comfortable admitting.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Cheese Thief posted:

Thats a wild monkey on my hat while on a kayak out in the jungle

:eyepop: how were you not freaking the gently caress out? I'd be so worried the little poo poo would bite me.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Elentor posted:

God there's no way this movie would be made.

Herbidical Maniac as Winterman Fred. A retired carpenter, he used to work with Derpies and "may have heard a puppy squealing or two, but isn't that how all old beds sound har har".

I Love this character

P. S. Slamming beers and playing No Man's Sky after hanging out with a friend. We have a curfew now starting at 9pm which really fucks with my stealth camping plans for in between Christmas and New Year.

Herbicidal Maniac fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 11, 2020

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Wait, I thought lipstick lesbians were faux lesbians who only act that way when drinking or made up or something. I wonder if it's all regional.

Either way, Woebin, I LOVE that outfit, you look so good in it!

I'm spending Christmas Eve alone this year, but tomorrow I'll be celebrating with some friends during the day and making Venezuelan dishes and ordered some Hallaca and some bread.... Idk what any of that is.

But today, I just went for a 16km/10mi hike with a weighed down rucksack, and cooked up some mashed potatoes along with a gigantic steak. I know I should smile more, but I was about halfway through the hike.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Just doing vacation things, y'know, like drinking wine in the bath. Picked up some bath bombs from LUSH a week back as a gift for a friend in Poland and a few for myself too.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Today was the day I realized that I need a robe. Huh

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Valko, where the hell do you live? I want to go there. I'll bring the whisky.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Well that's the exact face I've been seeing when I look in the mirror lately. Guess I'm glad I'm not alone?

Though definitely adding Northern Ireland to my list of to go places. Sorry about your new 10mi restrictions.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You look hot tonight! Gonna try and get a picture with my friends this weekend, we have a 90 day fiancée party every so often. Skirting the covid restrictions because my lesbian friend happens to have the same last name as I do, so we can pretend we're married

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Congratulations Woebin!!! I'm happy for you!!! :3: and yeah 90 Day Fiancée party, sorry about the confusion. We were supposed to have one today, too but the three others ended up getting independently sick. Only I remain healthy.

Soooo after a few weeks of being halfway depressed and feeling like general poo poo, I ended up planning a super cool hike... Only to have the last train connection be stuck for an indeterminate amount of time. Instead of just giving up and going home, I made the most of it and hiked back along the riverside 10 miles/15+km to another town. It was -13C/8F out so I was bundled up nice and cozy.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Woebin posted:

Thanks! Facial hair is definitely my biggest dysphoria trigger so I'm really glad to finally get it taken care of.

Sorry you've been feeling lovely, but that hiking sounds like, uh, a healthy kind of suffering? I'm sure it's actually nice if you can handle temperatures below "living room with an old-rear end radiator" though 🙂 looks real pretty out there, too!

And yeah, the date went well, just drinking wine, listening to music and trying on bondage gear. You know, standard date activities.

The hike helped not feel so lovely, had a mix of SAD and teetering on the edge of burnout. Buuut it's now regularly sunny out Aaand I signed the contract for a new job! So things are moving again.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

What's up y'all, I'm out camping for the night!

Basically hauled rear end after leaving work early to get to my friend's orchard before it got dark. Currently bundles in a bunch of down insulation since it's gonna dip below freezing tonight.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

The Walrus posted:

hi thread its been a while.. since I went outside

You look like the guy at the end of a big ascent who just saw that you actually didn't just reach the mountaintop. That is to say, you look rugged and slightly disappointed, and I'm digging your beard.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

So I've finished restoring an axehead I got for cheap!

I've got another one to do, but I'm thinking of keeping the pits and scars on there instead of taking weeks to file every blemish out. Gonna hit it with wax anyway, so rush shouldn't be too much a problem.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Oh man, if you lived close I would 100% give you that axe! Wouldn't not be able to!

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Valko posted:

Always good to see new faces. Anyway - I'm resurrecting this thread to share the new extreme sport of anvil surfing.

Was it because you told your family that you like Heavy Metal?

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Valko posted:

The second person to assume I listen to heavy metal. I do, yes but I'm not a huge fan. Radiohead is my kind of thing. I also wouldn't share my youtube music bookmarks because I'd be called the biggest hipster who ever lived. Which I am not.

gently caress man, are you me? Outside the Radiohead, that sums me up perfectly.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

I really hope that's you. Mr Rich pants here shopping at Edeka.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Woebin posted:

And here's my new necklace, which serves as my engagement ring ❤️

Hope you're all enjoying your day!

I saw a similar Ouroboros while hiking this Celtic path the other week!

Also, I disappeared into the forest for a week since I am starting a new job, and was super fresh and clean going in... Not os much coming out.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Awesome. This is the mood to have.

Also Woebin I didn't realize you're in Sweden. I get up to Skåne now and again to see family.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Valko posted:

I don't know what 'exfoliate' means and I'm scared to find out.

It sounds painful. Like that time I went and got the full works at a turkish barber - hot wax all over my ears and in my nostrils and everything.

The barbers in Germany are overwhelmingly Turkish, and it's great because I for some reason have nose hair and they just take a flame to it.

In other news, I leave tomorrow for 4 days hiking through Brandenburg which is the only "state" where you can legally wildcamp like Allemannsretten. Will get some time to think since I'm thinking my recent job change was a mistake but also an opportunity.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Dixville posted:

Got some awesome new plugs. I got so many compliments at work for these!

Love those plugs!

So camping was both great and loving sucked. Absolutely gorgeous up until I left the riverside and then it was basically a thick cloud of mosquitoes. Ended up hiking 50km the 3rd day and just gave up finding a new spot. Changed my train to leave a day early.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

The Walrus posted:

50 km in a day is no loving joke, especially with a pack on if the terrain is even remotely hilly. drat dude.

Yeah, I was not in a great mood by the end of it. The pack wasn't bad though, probably 12 or 13kg at the time.

All those words... You're a good male figure in her life and she's always gonna appreciate that.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Valko posted:

Sup, thread!

I'm not even sure if I should post a pic because of what I have done with my facial hair. I met an old friend recently and he laughed for a good five minutes when he seen it.

Oh, what the hell. I think i might regret this...

:eyepop: in my wildest dreams I would never have the patience for that length. Its incredible

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

In honor of getting the second dose of Pfizer! This picture was actually after my first shot, and caused my mom to panic text me begging me not to get the vaccine and how she loves me so much and it'd break her heart if I got it. :confuoot:

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Woebin posted:

Congrats on getting the vaccine, sorry about your mom though!

Thanks! Might mean I finally get to look at doing Olavsleden again here soon, like I'd originally planned for this year.

Yeahhhh my mom buys hard into the woo woo bullshit, I try to deprogramm but it's super difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Sid Vicious posted:

feelin cute today

Freckles looking good!