Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dixville posted:

Long hair is kind of a pain in the rear end

Totally. I'm a guy and I confronted my mid life crisis by growing my hair out again. I've had a buzz cut in the past and it was really handy to just step into the shower and having to do little more than rub a teaspoon of shampoo over it and call the job done.

I don't have any pics of myself with a shaved head. Quarantine has got me looking particularly bushy though, I might shave everything off soon. None of these pics are recent:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Some great source images for photoshops.. just saying.

I don't have photoshop but... yeah whatever.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sid Vicious posted:

I tried to get a picture of me and my dog but I am not photographer

Cool. We can add Toby Stephens to the list of celebrity goons.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I noticed a lot of red haired bearded guys in this thread, including myself. Unfortunately I decided to leave the club today, my Barbarossa chums. My beard got thick enough that I wanted to goof around with it before removing it entirely.

If anyone asks I'm a time traveller from the '70's. Halloween is a ways off but my costume is going to be Yosemite Sam. I'll keep this for a few days and see how my family reacts to it.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I never thought you would actually post a pic of yourself. Not the only time I've been proven wrong ITT. I'm going to be the odd man out here and say that none of you looked like I thought you would. For instance, I always imagined Burt looking like Scott Glenn. I thought BBC would have looked like an angry tow-truck driver with a baseball cap and a wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth. I thought LAP would have looked as weird and wacky as his posts. I figured My Shoes would have had jet black hair.

And everyone of you do not really fit the goon stereotype, you're mostly far too photogenic and neat.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Statutory Ape posted:

sometimes i let a neckbeard grow out tbh

You look like one of the guys on the posters at my local barber shop got into a transporter accident with some guy who stepped off the cover of "Mens Fitness". I don't think a neckbeard would turn women off of you.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

My Shoes posted:

can't believe no one got drunk and posted butts or tits yet.

Im a little stunned by this honestly.

I've got some topless pics but they were taken last year at a time when I had a bit of a meltdown, fell off the wagon and my weight ballooned to 300lbs. I doubt anyone wants to see them. You can't really see it in the selfies I take but I'm actually quite a large guy.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Poopnanners, how did you get your beard to grow in reverse like that?

rear end-penny posted:

I was dressed for a wedding in my picture. My normal look is borderline homeless.

Same with me buddy. Well, most of the time anyway.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Okay, it's only been a day and I haven't interacted with that many people because of the lockdown but my best friend and my sister said my moustache looked stupid. I want an honest opinion, should I keep it or not? I kind of like it but I've got weird ideas about what looks good.

Nobody else who seen it said anything but the saying goes "If no one comments on your new hairstyle they don't like it."

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

My Shoes posted:

oooooh and i could be his wench

Absolutely not. You could be my queen!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

:confused:

Goon Love is the Worst Love?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
OP, you are a freaking genius. This is me, a few nights ago settling into my new place and catching up on the news and world events:

Okay, lets see what's happening...

What the gently caress...

Dear God what is wrong people!?

And tonight after re-reading this entire thread.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

gleebster posted:

Valko, that is a drat fine 'stache.
Me, I have gone full hobo. Cin-cin.

Gleebster, If I had the bad sense to ever drink again I would raise a glass for you. Sláinte mhaith!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Yeah, be careful in the sun out there. I wasn't and now I'm looking like a hairy tomato. I'm living far enough out in the country that I don't think I'm at risk so I went out to enjoy the beautiful scenery today. Sadly, a phone camera isn't doing it justice. They might look better once I've got them up on a computer screen.

Before I post them though, I need to ask if the forums can handle jpegs that are 2mb.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

Put them on imgur?

Done.

https://imgur.com/a/kR3OvZS

There is actually a lot of history up here. What you see in the second image used to be the main coach road between Belfast and Derry. A few mile to the east is where the road is now and it's called the Glenshane pass, named after Shane Crossagh, an infamous highwayman - the Irish Dick Turpin. Prehistoric Dolmens and Sweathouses, Mass Rocks and the foundations of a hunting lodge owned by the Clark Family.

It's a shame I didn't have a better camera. When the conditions are just right you can see Scotland. I'll maybe make a thread about it someday.

Valko fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 24, 2020

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Sid, you are making me blush and I don't need to be any more red right now.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
It's great to see this thread is going strong when it got off to a rocky start and there were a couple of attempts to sabotage it.

Anyone remember this?

Looking through some old photos of myself. I take a lot of pictures of myself and compare them to measure my health. I think I looked a lot better back when I had 18 months off the bottle.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
How about this: frog sitting in lotus position. Somebody with more talent could maybe colour it.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sitting Here posted:

this page needs more photos, what are you doing right now

Im practicing my evil oligarch look while babysitting an empty hotel.

I would post more pictures but it's just more of the same drat thing. Just me in front of my laptop. I like the way you colour coordinated your mask with your suit. Here's my mask.

Those are fishing lures.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
My handlebars and sideburns are gone. You should have seen what I looked like after spaghetti and meatballs a couple of nights ago. I thought I could use some styling wax on a lock of hair and give myself a Salvador Dali but it wouldn't stick. It's going to be annoying me for the rest of the day. I'm still a bit pink from the sun.

I can't wait until my beard grows back. There is no doubt that I look better with it.

In case anyone is wondering, I do actually wear more than black t-shirts. Wardrobe could use some colour though.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Do you see it? I can see it!

Okay you probably couldn't see it. A small stag I caught sight of a few nights ago - here it is zoomed. Someone should invent telescopic lenses for camera phones, seriously would make a fortune selling them to hikers, country folk, whatever.

I also got my beard back which means I'm not so nervous about sharing my ugly mug with you all anymore.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I never thought I would like living out in the country and TBH I still don't but you do get to see things out here that you wouldn't otherwise. I really wish I had a better camera when I come across sights like this:

I've also adopted a couple of stray goats. Meet Billy and Willy (not very original, I know). Somebody abandoned them on the mountain and they have been following around people going on walks. They started to hang around the house and since they were dropping turds everywhere we've tethered them, gave them a delousing spray and set a water bucket out for them.

I'm not sure what's going to happen. They are fine now but give it a few months and they are going to start getting smelly and ornery and won't be very good for eating either. One of them is very skittish but I managed to get Billy to pose for a few photos, sorry about my ugly hand:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Did I hear a shout out for long haired men? I actually did play the guitar in my teenage years. Some of us could maybe form a band yeah, and it won't have all the teenage bullshit now that it did when me and some schoolmates tried to do it.

Yeah, I actually took this while standing (kneeling) in front of a fan. In the Aginor pose too even if the pic is taken in selfie mode.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Obsidianheart posted:

Am I too late for the Aginor meme?

I want to say I hope I still have my locks when I'm your age but that seems kind of rude. I'm probably not significantly younger than you anyway (almost 40).

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I want to jump onboard this bandwagon too.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

BattleSausage posted:

I petted a fish. She was pretty swole too, all muscle.

I've heard stories about how dolphins are sex crazed thrill-killers. They can also grow 4 meters long and weigh 650Kg.

This is the bravest drat goon in the thread right here.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sitting Here posted:

feeling kinda 60% pants today

Welcome back. I missed you. I also hope you didn't hurt your hand.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I don't like the last set of pictures I posted. Here, a couple of years ago, with enough weed in me to impress even Sid:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Can someone tell me how to smoke a weed? I keep trying and nothing happens. My girlfriend gets some good stuff (so I’m told) from the dispensary since she has a medical card but it just doesn’t seem to do much for me?

Don't mix with alcohol - they sort of cancel each other out. Don't be skimpy either - put a good 3 grams into a joint or bong to get a good feeling. If you start coughing and spluttering halfway through a joint you are doing it right.

Also, save it for special occasions, don't smoke the stuff everyday. It's easy to build up a tolerance and it takes a good month or more to feel like your first time again.

Sid is from Canada, where the stuff is produced legally by expert growers. I'm from the UK and that means it's still sort of illegal but not really prison sentence illegal unless you have enough to be considered a dealer. It also means the quality of the stuff varies wildly. I will be getting some very high quality stuff tomorrow from one of my trusted growers and it's a good thing too. He is between harvests which means I've had to buy from small time dealers who are really unreliable and very expensive - heard crazy tales about people paying £100 for and 1/8th an ounce.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

drat I wish I got to meet Abe Lincoln

I wish I had access to canadian weed. I missed an opportunity a few weeks ago when someone local was selling a cali tin for a seemingly good price. The price was almost too good. I was suspicous so I declined.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sid Vicious posted:

Wait you're UK I'll come visit you some time I wanna come there

Sid, Valko and Jose together at last. The Unholy Trinity. It's 2.17 AM GMT, Jose probably sleeping and dreaming about Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Hello again thread, looks like it's time to give myself a trim again. Maybe I'll try mutton chops this time.

I think I made a mistake. I've done this before and I was told they look fine but that was when I had short hair. Guess I'll shave these off and start from scratch again.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Helios Grime posted:

Are you in the steam zone?

Or just in Finland?

No, it's just really bright even though it's 8pm. I'm in Northern Ireland and it's summer so the sun will be out until at least 10.30. And it will rise again at 3.30am.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I don't actually think that it's blood. Blood doesn't splash like that, it's a lot thicker and I've never seen it bubble like that. I think it's red wine.

Plus, blood is sort of sticky, it wouldn't just run off his boots like that.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's nut... the nut from eating red meat and cranburry juice. I camoflouge.... my nut.... like this with big beef infusions into my oral hole when I'm doing sex to my partner on their period so they're less self conscious.

So that's why Big Beef City hasn't been posting as much as usual.

Eh. I imagine most of you are saying "Check out Valko, master of the obvious as usual!" Anyway, sorry Shithouse Dave, I referred to you as male.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
It's such a miserable and wet day today. I didn't see anyone else while I was out walking. Unusual because I often see groups of hikers and cyclists up here on the backroads. Somebody did stop and ask for directions though, while I was sitting here at the bridge. I was half thinking of telling him where he needed to go but only if he gave me a red herring first. I'm sure he wouldn't get the reference to a computer game that's over 20 years old.

I also spotted this. I'm not sure what's going on here. The local farmers aren't known for being whimsical and neither are their children.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Dr. Heart Collapse, you made a real fun thread but unfortunately there seems to be something strange going on. I've been having a really, really bad week - personal BS I won't bore anyone here with. To cheer myself up a bit I thought I'd go back to page one and read the entire thread again. Many goons have removed their pictures and one had this to say:

Statutory Ape posted:

e: i think ill just remove these if we're going to do the whole pass the thread around the subforum thing

I don't know what's going on. I do know that some kiwifarms jerk came in here and got almost immediately banned though I didn't see what he posted before it was deleted. FYAD is open again now too. I don't like sending PMs to anyone out of the blue unless we have talked in a thread recently so I haven't asked S. Ape about it. If anyone can provide more info I would appreciate it. If anyone could tell me I'm worrying about nothing and to settle down I'd like that too.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Thanks guys. Turns out I'm stressing out over nothing again. I've actually posted plenty of pics in the PYF thread about a year or two ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Butterfly a chicken breast. Spread red pesto on the inside. Put some mozzarella in there. Fold chicken breast back over, coat in breadcrumbs and bake in the oven.

You'll all thank me later.