Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Sure why not

a family member and I discussing how good nice steak is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I'm pretty sure there is a marked improvement in goon mugs here in 2020 then there would have been even 10 years ago. Imagine the average goon 20 years ago, good god.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Literally A Person posted:

We all did but that doesn't mean that by and large goons in their 30's and 40's aren't actually a good looking bunch.

Besides the same poo poo everyone complains about as they get older (approaching 40 kinda does suck no matter what) I like myself a whole lot more as time goes on, personally. Certainly can't eat like I used to but that's better for me anyway.

18~ years ago, as close as I can get to 20 years as I was still in highschool

Me 10 years ago, along with my bud

And modern times

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Spinz posted:

If we are doing past ones too here is a Halloween at the lounge

I know you know this so you probably won't take this as a slight against you or anything, but I was 12 years old in 1996 and I hope to as age as well as you have.

Scathach posted:

Sup goon friends!

Also here's Dank AF, my goon fiance. He mostly lurks.

I'm super proud of my Bronco project.

Man I was going to say 'Bronco II hell yeah' but then was confused on the steering wheel being on the right side and the wipers facing the other way AND THEN the picture of your fiance confirms it. The picture of you has been reversed for reasons. Do you or your fiance ever post in AI here on Something Awful? It truly is the most inclusive, coolest and laid-back car forum on the internet. More on your Bronco pls

If we're going to start sharing cars then BOY I could annoy the poo poo out of you guys so fast

Me and my current project though it's so nice that the 'project' aspect really amounts to 'gee it needs new sun visors and this trim around the headunit is busted. It's a ~JDM~ Land Cruiser 70 which sells for big monies over here in the USA.

Earlier, sexier times with a couple of gull-winged AZ-1s, also from Japan. Not common at all in Japan let alone the USA, and was extremely fortunate to have two of them at once.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Guess just one more thing we have over reddit :colbert:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
hey baby I've got herp

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm seriously considering a quarantine mohawk right now

Do it everyone's hair is hosed :toot:

Jose posted:

ah gently caress it

I just assumed you looked like that one ultra-high res picture of that extremely greasey dude but now I find out you don't even have legs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Animals???????

Nimbus

Sprocket, or as we call him, Sperogi.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Spinz posted:

I like your place :)

Thanks!
Wife and I are extremely fortunate in many, many ways and one of the ways is buying our house at the bottom of the 2008~ recession and having the ability to remodel it as we wanted. It's also on a dead-end street and we're right at the end.
The interior picture is our house, but the yard is our friend's/neighbors down the road.

THIS is our yard:

Nimbus is not allowed outside :colbert:

The Walrus posted:

you all stole that cat from the gf's parents

Merry Christmas

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sitting Here posted:

animal friend chat:

extremely blessed image

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sitting Here posted:

no kissing in the selfie thread

This is an outrage

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
73 degrees lmao that is like little baby temperature, 86 but feels like 96 because lol Florida. Doesn't stop me from having a nice lunch outside though!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sitting Here posted:

it's a really good temperature actually

what kind of sandwich is that

Your temp is a much better temp than mine and I'm not at all jealous of it OR your killer sundress. :colbert: Ok, I'm a little envious. You're very pretty, I hope you know that.

The sandwich is a club from Southside Deli and is righteous because they make their own bread.

beanieson posted:

Land cruiser? What year is that?

The white one is a 1993 70 series soft top, the one behind it (you can't even actually see) is a green 1993 Prado 4 door 70 series. Think a more hard-core 4Runner. Both diesel, both manual transmission, both from Japan. My wife and I have an import dealership where we import vehicles from Japan and sell them here in the USA which explains why we have them and why I can't/won't shut the hell up about them when asked. One of the many things that pegs me as a boring-rear end white dude in the suburbs, cars.

I actually have a thread in Automotive Insanity here in SA all about it that I made when we first started. Some other goons have imported things as well. I know it's not for most people in GBS but AI is the best car place in the whole wide internet and if you have even a slight interest it might entertain you.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829078

Sid Vicious posted:

I wish we had a boars Head deli near me

I'm not a cold-cuts connoisseur but I really like this deli because they give a poo poo, I dunno where the Boars Head Brand Meats comes into it but the restaurant itself owns. They've had the same wait staff for the few years we've been going there even, which says a lot about what the place is like to work for.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

esperterra posted:

what's this?? an excuse to be a narcissist???

of course it is

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Burt Sexual posted:

You look rich and British, get Jose a job

but he already has the best job, moderating the something awful dot com forums???

Def lesser than your smugpocalypse

Elentor posted:

That's a dope haircut.

"notice me caesar senpai" I whisper quietly to myself every morning, maybe one day~

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I posted this in the dog thread too but my highly autistic stepson actually tried to interact with one of our dogs today which is a huge milestone.

That owns because dogs are completely pure and without sin

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sitting Here posted:

This is my "my Discord server just doubled in size aaah" face:

real talk, this forum saved my rear end and, ironically, the support I found here helped me detach from my abusive piece of poo poo dad. i don't want to stop posting with you all, i am very very tired of abusive pieces of poo poo ruining anything resembling family or community. Like soul-tired, in my soul.

e: i am honored to have my face this close to the goatman

The discord lifeboat situation is great because everyone realizes the people are what make the community, but it's also sad because dang I've been here so, so long.

In closing, it has been an honor posting selfies with you fellow goons, kiss your friends, families, and pets.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Pajser posted:

goons are some real forlorn looking motherfuckers

Post your pic and share in the lorns

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

PizzaProwler posted:

Hi there. I don't know if anyone has told you this before but you are absolutely gorgeous. What's your discord username?

lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Obsidianheart posted:

Went swimming with the kid, forgot to bring my neck I guess.

You're King of Dads

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sid Vicious posted:

this is closest thing to a nice people chat thread so I will tell you, I didn't look at the date until right now and today I am ten years sober from everything but pot and hallucinogens. I was addicted to ketamine for 3 years and lived under a bridge and a bunch of other stuff and anyways yeah wow ten years

:hmmyes:

I have no touchstone with your experiences but I know I am a much weaker, softer and coddled person than you are and you would handily beat my rear end in 'situations to come back from'. Congratulations on getting out from underneath that bridge.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Atlanta was once an airport when we flew among the skies

Ask your grandpa

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

5er posted:

Wear your ding-danged masks.

esperterra posted:

mask lyfe tbh

:hmmyes:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's called youth.

yah lmao

When your in your 20s you think 30 is old. When you approach 40 you loving hate anyone in their 20s because they are so, so young and you miss it so :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

LordArgh posted:

It's a nice day, my goons

No I don't know how fast I was going, OFFICER

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
My partner has two little sisters, one of them is 13 (wife and I have been together for 16). She wants to dye her hair purple. My partner and I go 'hell yeah lets go to a real salon and make a day of it', you know, one of those good memories you have when your young. For some reason though, little sister's parents (they share a father, different mother) are against this. They won't articulate why, because they know it's dumb as gently caress and my wife and I will point out how absurd and stupid it is in 2021 to care about colored hair god I feel so loving stupid for this being a thing.
We work at this on behalf of little sister. Our mistake was inviting her mother into the discussion about it, rather than just taking sister and doing it like she wanted, but oh well. We grind at it enough that we get the mother to relent and give the OK, but with stipulations. First, she wants to have it done at her salon and with her being there. This is stupid as gently caress because her salon sucks and the mother isn't allowed to be there, that ruins the whole idea of sisters having a fun time together. We work at it some more and we get it to where we have the mother's permission to bring little sister to my wife's salon, and also agree on the dye job and no mom allowed. A bog-standard silvered purple-on-the-bottom thing that you will recognize immediately.
As a middle finger to her parents, I get my mowhawk died the same purple little sister wanted to have her hair dyed. It is so, so stupid and her parents are wildly out of touch, especially considering her mother has a masters in child development goddamn I wish I were making this up.
Ultimately it's worked out exactly how anyone could have predicted, little sister has a bunch more confidence and is more sure of her place as she gets deeper into her teens, nobody gives a single gently caress bout me walking around with purple hair because nobody gives a single gently caress anyway and if they did, gently caress em'. Now my wife and I have moved on to going to bat for little sister in other aspects (her parents: "she doesn't want to wear dresses that's weird right? Why does she watch 'streaming' what is that about?" :confused:) and boy I will absolutely go to war and obliterate her parents any time they stand in her way about harmless stuff like this.

Parents, potentially the worst loving people on the planet.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Woebin posted:

You're a good sibling-of-sorts (I bet there's an English term for this), as the eldest in my line I wish I'd been half as cool, and I bet your partner's sister brags about you to her friends.

Technically she's my sister in law, it's just the age difference is such that I'm more like an uncle rather than a brother. As she gets older I'm sure the relationship will move more towards that.
I can't speak for how she views me or anything, I just hope I can be at least an OK 'masculine' uhhh role model? Any of the other men she has to look at are quite awful in all sorts of ways. Like her father, or various uncles, or take your pick as we live in Florida. I have it exceptionally easy as a straight white man that lives in the USA, so me doing this purple hair thing for her isn't hard or difficult at all because if anyone does want to assume something they can't, because I'm a straight white guy and thus can do whatever I want. I know exactly how far my privilege goes (infinite so far as I can tell) and any time some other white dude wants to challenge something as dumb as hair color against me I can simply go "lol" and mean it. It's happened once so far, a florida-man type pulled up next to me at a stop light and was quite caustic in asking me why I was "sitting on the wrong fuckin' side" of the vehicle I was in, while looking at my hair.
I was in this:

which also makes me immune to criticism to some dude in a beat to poo poo Ram truck. I said something like "its what I like?" while rattling off how it's manual transmission, diesel, immortal, from Japan. Light turned green, "huh, alright" he said decidedly less spicy and drove off. The older I get the louder insecure men become in the sense that you can see directly through them. This dude read just like any other guy that I meet that is terrified of stepping outside whatever status quo they think exists.

So don't feel that you weren't half as cool to your siblings, I'm cheating.

Ben Quebec posted:

I've decided that beards are the crutch of the fat man.

I am proud 2 be beardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Posting my nudes now uploading

Nudes so big like 56k NO