Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Been feeling okay about my appearance lately.

I also took a bunch of pictures in some lingerie that makes me feel real good about how I look, but I'm guessing posts of that sort might be frowned upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Literally A Person posted:

Lookin' cute as hell but for some reason I though your pizza was a banana peel when I first looked at it. Why is she holding this banana peel? It's brown so it must have been bereft of fruit for a while now. All I see is banana peel. All I think is banana peel. It's MADNESS
To be fair it's a basic-rear end cheese pizza so it's not actually that far off from a banana peel in color.

Who What Now posted:

You look great but tbh I'm too distracted trying to figure out what that toaster-shaped object is supposed to be.
That's a heater fan I bought on impulse and, upon unpacking, realized I didn't have a good spot for. So there it lies, until at some point I do something about it.

Also thanks ❤️

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Elentor posted:

You look genuinely great, and have a great style.
Wanted to tell you the same, but phone posting and seeking validation was more urgent! Anyway you and your friend/partner/whatever look absolutely lovely~

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

YEAH BUT THEY HATE SEE-SAWS!
You're right, history will look back upon them in judgment.

I mean, mostly I expect history will look back upon them and go "oh dang those are some cute people", but also the seesaw thing.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Got caught pushing dirt while helping my friend dig out his new pool.

"Buff Dad Energy" sounds about right for this picture, yeah. If you have kids I hope you give them wheelbarrow rides!

Also if that amount of skin is acceptable I'm just gonna go ahead and post this because I look fantastic.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 1, 2020

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I have a tendency to respond to every single thing directed at me and taking up a bit too much space as a result, so I'm gonna try to avoid that and just say thank you for all the nice replies. They mean a lot to me, especially in these trying times. ❤️

other people posted:

welp there goes the neighborhood. only took 113 pages.gg
lol

Elentor posted:

I was too busy see-ssoring.
Also lol, but not in the same mocking tone as above. Good joke. Everybody laugh.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Woebin you look great and you should feel good about yourself and your body. Never pass up an opportunity to feel beautiful!

I took a drunk selfie the other night because I’d been feeling dumpy and old but I look pretty to myself when I’m drunk. The iOS app doesn’t wanna let me post it tho so just imagine me looking pretty ok
You're looking gorgeous, Dave.

Here's a bad selfie in my favourite dress.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Who What Now posted:

I went to the dentist and they hosed my poo poo up

Woah dang, that looks rough. Is that some intended step on the path to something else or did they just gently caress up?

bradzilla posted:

Exhausted as hell this morning, but I think the beard is coming along nicely?

That's a good beard IMO. Hope your exhaustion lessened during the day.

That dress makes me feel like you're going to serve me a Bridge Loaf for brunch.In a good way.
What the heck is a Bridge Loaf?
[Pretend time passes as I look it up]
Oh, I guess it's basically smörgåstårta! Gross!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Miss Broccoli posted:

i like your dress woebin

me and my bird pal

me and my gal pal

me and no pal but how da hek do you iron stiff fabric with a boob pocket???

You look cute an so does your gal pal, but neither have anything on the bird pals. Them's the breaks, sorry!

Also yes, that's a great dress! I've got bedsheets in the same color, it's so nice.

It's a dress? My dreams are dashed once again.

But if I shaved my legs..........
You can get the dress, friend! Clothes being gendered the way they are is pretty arbitrary and subject to change anyway. You don't even have to shave your legs (unless you want to), just wear the things you like! Also if you don't feel great about leg hairs showing but don't want to shave, let me tell you about tights.

I got some new dresses yesterday myself!

Then I had to wear some of my new stuff home because it got too cold to go back out wearing the stuff I came in.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

you're killin it in all these, love the power in this one tho <3
Thanks! That top was a present when I turned 30 and I love it dearly, I just regret washing the print out so it's hard to read (the text says "do not misgender me!" and it's got an angry cat on it, pretty great)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

popewiles posted:

I'm a homeowner now, something I kinda figured was never gonna happen. That's the back door, hence the circuit box on the wall.

If I look deranged it's because I just got out of the car after driving cross country with a baby and a dog.
Arrow isn't a great TV show generally, but you did a good job as Captain Lance. Miss the wild hair though!

Hell yeah you made it work :wiggle:

Does it count as a picture of me if it's a painting I posed for? Linked because it's naked just to be safe, it's not explicit though.
"After Eva Mendes for Calvin Klein, Secret Obsession For Men, by Steven Meisel", painted with oils by my friend Cecilia Ulfsdotter Klementsson for her exhibit "Fleshlayers".

So that's me contorting myself to pose like Eva Mendes in this perfume ad. I'm happy and honored I got to do it, my friend's a fantastic artist IMO. Here's her website! Better pictures of her work there, but I photographed the one I posted myself when it was on display 🙂

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

lol if you think im any less pretty with balls in my face

E: oh man your cool phrase can be like "I've decided to spare his face"

and then nobody will know what happens next!
That's a striking image, really pins down the essence of action hero puns.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

matti posted:

https://i.imgur.com/TwU4Y58.mp4
i've washed my hair since then

e: i have no idea how to embed imgur video gently caress it #3
ee: there
That lighting is kind of Piss Christ level. Video is cool though!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Aw, I missed the thing.

I've started taking daily selfies sans clothing to track the effects of HRT over time, and obviously I'm not posting that sort of thing, but nothing's to stop me from cropping this one where I kind of liked my face.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Miss Broccoli posted:

keep a lil notebook of measurements once you start noticing fat distribution, its handy to look at when you're 6 months in and gaslighting yourself over changes.

How long has it been? I think I can see the softer skin on your hands? I'm infinitely jealous of your shoulders too. I've been on the skittles since june last year
In that picture it was like three days I think? Right now it's been maybe two weeks or something, I'm bad at time. Anyhow in that pic it's definitely too early for physical results, I'm lucky in that I have pretty soft skin and andro features from the start.

Measurements sounds exactly like the kind of good idea I never follow through on, but I'll try. Thanks!

Bonus bathroom selfie from a party, I don't remember when but no less than three years ago at least.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 25, 2020

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Miss Broccoli posted:

A year ago, an hour ago

Dang, looking good! Really nice outfit in the recent one too.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

im down to 170.8 from 246 in March when lockdown began here

I'm not up on US measurements, but that sounds like a pretty big deal so congratulations! Assuming it's desired weight loss and not, like, the effects of being sad and not eating and starving due to lockdown or whatever.

Anyway! I like this picture, you look like you'd be super exuberant and friendly while telling me more than I ever wanted to know about making your own beer.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Posting from bed 🙂

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

You really are rocking those shorts, but pulling off the shirt that shows off a bit of belly is what I'm truly envious of.

Rats are good! What are their names?

CPL593H posted:

This thread has shattered my belief that everyone on Something Awful is just the M'lady meme come to life.
We've all been or at least felt like memes at some point, I suspect. For me the height of feeling like a meme was when someone made a thread called "woebin.jpeg" in FYAD many years ago. I felt weirdly flattered by it though, still kinda do.

Anyway here's me trying and failing to get a good angle.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Wife made Animal Crossing costumes so we could dress up to make our niece and nephew's halloween a little more normal since it was just us and their parents. I was the owl-nerd Blathers

This is fantastic and super lovely! Obv. don't post pics of your wife without her consent but what was her costume?

Sid Vicious posted:

I hate touch screen keyboards so much! Woebin you didn't fail at finding a good angle

She rarely does. :hai:
Well, I seem to have successfully angled for compliments at least 😉

CPL593H posted:

Hey! I remember you from whatever version of the LGBTQ thread there was in e/n many years back. It's over in CCCC now if you ever want to pop in again:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853443

Anyway, your pictures are good.
Oh hey, I knew your name looked familiar! I pop into the troon thread from time to time but haven't checked this one out, rarely do much posting in text-heavy threads though - especially since the pandemic means my work computer occupies my desk so all my posting is phone posting. Appreciate it regardless!

matti posted:

i posted that super awkward year ago pic in ylls so ill dump this here

still worried about everything but little less so
Hey I like this picture, and from how people are responding, well, I don't know your situation but I hope you're okay!

Tried to look okay for my therapist appointment this morning.

Featuring background appearances by Red Lorry Yellow Lorry and The Plastics.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Voting is good, well done 🙂

Results of lonely Instagram posting from bed the other night: my cheekbones are killer.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

Your hair looks amazing as well! I like your pillow case it really makes your hair color pop
Thanks, although it's not an entirely honest depiction of things - filters applied mostly to distract from my light stubble made my hair look way more red and vibrant than the real thing. It did make me think I should pick up some dye and refresh it though!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I feel like this is just an invitation for WW to get cray with her mustache filter.

:getin:
More weird filters for everyone IMO.

rap music posted:

was in Italy again last year back before Everything Was Ruined

God loving drat I miss traveling. To remember better times, here's me dramatically crossing the street in New York several years ago. Original was huge so I resized it on my phone, how I haven't just made it too small instead!

Also: Venice looks nice, you look nice and relaxed, I bet it was a good time.

Also when Miss Broccoli posted a picture with those excellent shorts it made me want to dig this old picture out, I think it's pretty nice.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

rap music posted:

Woebin you have a run in your stockings
Oh no, how embarrassing!
(I actually kind of like them a little bit torn though, also matches the unfinished wall in the background imo)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I just keep being surprised that this isn't a fedora convention. Goons being normal and attractive people is not a reality I was prepared for.
[opening sequence of Charmed plays in the background]
I am human though I'm goony as hell
Just like everybody else here

Woebin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 11, 2020

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

Much respect for some well loved shoes.

Are we competing?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

New Wave Jose posted:

Ok ok we’ll send you money for shoes, we get it.
Well, I had to choose between buying shoes and paying someone to draw my internet alter ego. Seems like an obvious choice, really. (insert funny reference to dril's candle tweet here)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rat posted:

These last 3 weeks have been a hellish rollercoaster of grief and despair, and I'm just starting to eat food again. Very slowly. The other day I had 2 pieces of bread and a smoothie and it was too much.

And now I'm single. Anyone into weird Canadian cat ladies? Have I got the discord to slide into for you

For real though I need more friends and goons are all right
Sent a friendly PM.

Pictured: the eternal struggle between looking pretty and staying warm.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rat posted:

Got the hair cut and feeling a little more normal and less scruffy. Lost a good 4 inches of blue. Back part getting to mullet-like stage. I have no idea where this hair game is going
That's good hair game! Makes me want to refresh my own side cut again. Weirdly I can't seem to find any good pictures from when I had it.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

matti posted:

i fucken love to layer
Not gonna lie, I definitely would've had a crush on you in high school.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Elentor posted:

I'm starting a surgery yearbook. This one was a selfie mid one.

At home selfie:

This settles it, I need to resurrect my sidecut. You look great!

I think I looked pretty cute this Saturday, before I had too much wine and spiraled pretty badly. I'm basically okay again by now though!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

CPL593H posted:

A lot of people in this thread have great hair.
Hell yeah they do. Here's some wet hair instead though.

Today I'm at an accessibility conference!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Last weekend I did some stealth hammock camping nearby. It got down just below freezing overnight. I've also started doing embroidery, ignoring my cello, and started experimenting with makeup.

This second lockdown here in Germany is... Not good for my sanity, but at least it's somewhat productive?

Post makeup pics 🙂 I really need to attain some basic makeup skills myself.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

You already have great skin, but I bet you'd be able to highlight your features really well! I just have basic concealer for under eyes and red spots, then foundation to smooth things out, and my favorite is brown Eyeliner stick, plus a bit of mascara if I'm feeling it.

Soooo it's quiet at work today, decided to put that all on

This is before, straight after a shower/shave

And bonus from the first time I tried to make cat eyes. Definitely need practice on that!

That's some good everyday-appropriate makeup, nice! I'm pretty lucky with my skin, it's true, and the HRT is most likely gonna boost it even more (definitely feels softer already, but that could be placebo I guess). Mostly I want to learn to hide the unnoticeable-to-all-but-myself stubble properly, probably wouldn't be that hard if I only just did it!

I've tried to do cat eyes a few times too, always gets uneven and then I fill in the other side more to even it out until it's just ridiculously much. Fun though, admittedly.

Oh you know what, I bet you could make the mustache pop even more with a good, subtle lipstick if you wanted 🙂

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

For sure, it's all just blending! And Oooh, I'd thought about what lipstick might be fun, do you have any ideas on shade?
Oh I wish I had even the remotest sense for that stuff, but I absolutely don't, sorry! I mean given that there's some ginger in your mustache already it might actually be kinda hiding your lips a bit, so possible a reddish shade? There are people in this thread with actual good makeup game though, I bet someone could explain exactly how wrong I am and give properly good tips instead.

Spinz posted:

I'm busy doing art and jewelry all this time and just want to say that this is the thread that I still check. It's super great to see a face to connect to the av or username that you've seen for years; it makes you way more real to me...

Happy holidays and love to all of you in GBS :love:
Yeah this thread is super wholesome, I love it.

Pictured: a girl who starts crying because people are nice to each other on Star Trek. HRT is fun!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sitting Here posted:

i say squamater you say squamata

checked in on my crow bud for the first time in a while. They're still a greedy little motherfucker with an admirable tolerance for selfies

I love your crow bud with all my heart ❤️

I have some magpies around that I put nuts out for on my balcony every day. They're wonderful but don't trust me enough to be close when they hang out. Maybe with time, though.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 27, 2020

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I, too, am interested in learning how to make crow friends. Sitting Here, can you give us a tutorial?!

Also Woebin, the latest Discovery episode was super heartwarming, for sure. :3:
Oh I'm a bit behind still, that was episode 4 of the current season and I was crying because of the teenage couple mostly. Also maybe a few other things as well. I cry easily these days okay, don't judge.

Good derail post :3:
My magpie buds have only been getting food reliably for a few weeks or maybe a month by now, so reaching the point of head scratching and hand feeding is definitely still far off (if even within reach at all), but that's okay, I love them even if it has to be from a distance. Been getting unsalted nuts and putting some out every morning, one or two of them usually perch on the roof opposite around feeding time and wait for me to put it out. So I go on the balcony, put some nuts out, blow them a kiss and then get back in so they feel safe to swoop in - I have to make sure I'm not too close to the window when they land or they fly off again, but they come back quickly once the coast is clear.

My plan is to start sitting on the balcony and read or something when it gets warmer, make sure there's distance between me and the food and act as nonthreatening as possible. If they're cool with that I'm honestly probably gonna be content, not that I wouldn't absolutely love getting closer if they'll let me.

Here's feeding time last week or so ❤️

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sitting Here posted:

Yeah, if you are willing to spend a decent amount of time sitting outside being very still and avoiding eye contact, the birds will probably get fed up with waiting and risk an attempt at nabbing the food. Eventually they'll realize you're not a threat. I'm envious that you have magpies around! I love their little R2D2 noises.

Anyway sorry for the derail. Content: I just woke up for work and am in no loving mood.

The vibe I'm getting is that everyone's a fan of the corvid derail so that's all good. Work wakeup mood is highly relatable too, but you seem to have woken up looking good in a grumpy sort of way, so you've got that going for you at least. Which is nice.

And yeah magpies are lovely, maybe my favorite corvids but but that could just be because they're the ones who come visit me. Sometimes in warner times there's a murder of crows hanging out where I walk to the shops though, I try to remember to keep some nuts in my pocket for if they're around but too often forget. I always say hi to them though, other people probably think I'm mentally ill (which, granted, I am, but not in any way that relates to that).

Miss Broccoli posted:

Today was Brisbane Pride

I bet Brisbane is very proud of you :3:

These are nice pictures, I wish I could be out and be warm and be around people (most of all that one, definitely). Very cute hat! Good trans cape!

I'm loving Corvid-chat, thanks you two! :kimchi: I literally read that rundown while walking to the store, so I picked up some peanuts. I have a decent sized balcony which I spend a bunch of time on.

Unrelated, some winter weather gear finally arrived so I am gonna take some time in January to do a hike from Brandenburg to Berlin, hopefully! Hammock Quilts and some base layers should be arriving next week to keep me toasty warm during the nights. I may have an obsession with Fjällräven...

Hot tip for getting balcony visitors on camera: set it to record and place it, so you don't have to be near. Trying to get a good shot manually usually just leads to me scaring mine off.

Hiking sounds like a really good activity right now, I should honestly do that myself as well but I'd need to actually get some gear. You like you know what you're doing, that's a good look!

Also, side note, but that's a nice looking bed. Does it have storage built in or is that me reading it wrong? I'm looking to replace my IKEA bed because it's started squeaking immensely, and since I have an actual steady job and decent pay for the first time since university I should get something a bit better. Mind sharing what that one is?

Picture tax: bathroom selfies I took to send a sad tinder match who needed cheering up. I think I've matched with three different people so far where we've ended up just being remote friends and supporting each other. Which is nice! Meeting someone in the physical realm would be extra nice though.

Bonus magpie sentry waiting for food to arrive:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Who cares about whoever that loser is? Post more pictures where you overuse filters to try and hide your stubble instead.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Am I allowed to use filters to hide the terrible forehead acne that just broke out in the last few days?
Yeah, pretty sure that's in bounds.

Bronze Fonz posted:

You're right. :(

I mean I have no idea who that person even is, I'm sure they're a big deal in the compulsive re-reg community though.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

did i do it right

Boss Baby spin-off "Anarchist Baby" looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I also appreciate the cat.