Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wendigee posted:

I had a cousin do work in Africa for 3 years... Sadly she's from the brain worms evangelical side of the family and did it as a mission to Jesus and I reckon feel superior to the people she was helping.

If she displays a habitual attitude of superiority to anyone at all, other than an understandable reaction to excessive boring atheist rants from you (only if that's applicable, if not I'm sorry for suggesting it), then I suggest you remind her that Jesus ate and hung out with some of the worst sinners, and indeed sacrificed himself for them without ego, so as a Christian she should follow his example.

OP, I'm just catching up on your fascinating thread, so don't bother replying if you've already answered this:

The_Continental posted:

There are some extremely awesome faith based organizations, like Catholic Relief Services. There are also deeply entrenched generational missionaries and they have some really wild ideas, I would avoid these people at all costs, they are poison.

What sort of wild ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU