Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Good for her! I suspect it will make for a fun segment on the next pod.

I didn't realize it was so soon. I thought it was gonna be later in the summer.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
My favorite thing to do when listening to a new episode is guess which host did the least amount of homework in preparation for it. This can range from Dasha saying she just doesn't understand what people are talking about because "she's an angel" to Anna speed reading the Virgil Texas allegations and missing the part where the girl was 16 and sexting with him and saying "She was obviously in college and wanted attention."

Anna won the recent Cat Person episode because Dasha actually went back to reread Cat Person and kept asking Anna if she was sure she was remembering the story correctly because Anna kept saying things that weren't true about it. Not sure why I stay listening but it's not like I give them money every month anyway.

I also second the theory that Dasha will leave Red Scare because her career is taking off and she doesn't want to be tethered to some woman who is obsessed with just making contrarian points for the sake of being contrarian anymore.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

my experience with red scare is momentarily enjoying the cumtown/chapo/redscare circuit for a few months before realizing although they are all super hip and cool in extremely online leftist circles i'd rather not hang out with anybody irl who listens to them.

i enjoyed red scare for the way they'd talk like pretentious privileged grad students in that half of what they said was on point and good and then half was absolutely horrific. it was some operant conditioning. but like, i think red scare and co. are a good learning curve in that just because everybody who seems cooler than you online is digging them - it doesn't mean you are dumb for 'not getting them'. they remind me of my early 20s when i went to lovely punk gigs just to hang out with the cool kids until i finally realized trust punks suck and you can just - leave the gig.

e; death is around the corner is a very good podcast however and i kind of resent how closely associated with chapo it is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The ladies aren't hyperbolically binary about enough things, and furthermore

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Listened to my first episode of this podcast today and found myself really enjoying it, which I didn't expect. Then Anna or Dasha (idk) said "If you're a fan of us, you're probably a BPD art ho and a woman in trouble" Once again I succumb to my diagnosis

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

emo-ignorance posted:

Listened to my first episode of this podcast today and found myself really enjoying it, which I didn't expect. Then Anna or Dasha (idk) said "If you're a fan of us, you're probably a BPD art ho and a woman in trouble" Once again I succumb to my diagnosis

When you can tell which host is which it's already too late for you.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Heater of an episode. Just some of the dumbest takes throughout . I love these stupid gals.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Jesus Christ just rambling about how ineffective and untrustworthy the COVID vaccine is while repeatedly saying ivermectin could possibly be an alternative but the "ones in charge" won't let scientists test it because it could mess up the COVID money scheme.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

The abortion stuff was next level. It's funny how Dasha seems way more chill and level than Anna in the last couple months. Post-partum Anna has provided some intense, weird takes.

I also appreciate teh "i don't not trust vaccines, i don't trust THIS vaccine" lol

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Anna pretending she's not already vaccinated or isn't going to be the second it inconveniences her life is funny.
Dasha getting a big head from her Berlin award then dropping any mention of her movie once the audience reaction was negative has also been funny. Expect a similar cycle when Succession starts airing, but who knows? Maybe Dasha will prove to be a great comedic actress.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Still banking on Dasha distancing herself from the pod/telling Anna to cool it if her career starts taking off.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
tim is the best looking of the bunch rofl

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
How could Tim betray Adam like this.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Really have no idea who this man is. Is there something in particular I should know him from?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Androies posted:

Really have no idea who this man is. Is there something in particular I should know him from?

its my dad and my 2 step moms

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Androies posted:

its Tim dillon, his pod is good

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tim Dillon is a weirdo chud that believes in any right-wing conspiracy.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I always forget how short Anna is

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
New ep features John Waters and is recorded live from a film festival curated by WET BUTT from FYAD

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Are these two right wing or something? I listened to some random episode and they said all adult male leftists are pedos…?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

sponges posted:

Are these two right wing or something? I listened to some random episode and they said all adult male leftists are pedos…?

Anna is more reactionary but they’re both p left. They do make statements ironically and sarcastically.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
More like incoherent politics.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

Agree with this as well

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They got jokes. Plenty of people don't pick up on jokes.

Or, they go all-in on Cum Town. No in-betweens.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 27, 2021

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Anna is more reactionary but they’re both p left. They do make statements ironically and sarcastically.
They do that thing where they say they are leftists but then go on to be pretty right wing most of the time under the guise of irony.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Funny takes on relationships and culture, incoherent takes on politics that are often reactionary just because Anna loves to be the contrarian.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Fame Douglas posted:

The only thing I can ever glean from Anna on Twitter is that sex workers are abhorrent and Armenian people are really hot. The rest is literally unintelligible.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
She's right

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://twitter.com/childkiIIer/status/1462876566036303875?s=20

https://twitter.com/annakhachiyan/status/1462857300188749830

lmao

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
loving eh, we've lost the plot here folks.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Androies posted:

loving eh, we've lost the plot here folks.

...they had one to begin with?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Imagine Anna and Dasha getting slimed at the Teen Choice Awards haha

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

Imagine Anna and Dasha getting slimed at the Teen Choice Awards haha

* points towards the sign *

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Is this new episode worth a listen? The description says they talk about the Alex Jones ep but I need some sort of pre-brief for this poo poo at this point.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao, are your for real

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Androies posted:

Is this new episode worth a listen? The description says they talk about the Alex Jones ep but I need some sort of pre-brief for this poo poo at this point.

I'd recommend you eat a big bowl of chili and forget the whole thing

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'd recommend you eat a big bowl of chili and forget the whole thing

I should have just eaten the chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Androies posted:

It went directly into my All-Time Top 5 List of Red Scare Podcast Episodes, so heh, YEAH it was pretty good