Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The last few episodes have been pretty enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

Anna was banned from Twitter!! 😧

She said on IG that the red scare pod was banned but she just deactivated/deleted preemptively.

It’s all very dumb.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Lmao. Anna is back on Twitter. Not even 2 weeks?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I like that they’re dumb, but not stupid, if that makes sense.

Like, I love it when they talk about poo poo outside of their wheelhouse and they are like whaaaat on the specifics, but can give interesting analysis in the broader sense. At times the contrarian stuff is engaging, and I like the perspective they bring even if it can super myopic.

Some of the takes though do make me roll my eyes harder than any other podcast I listen to. And they had one guest on that at the end was such a nut, I was as close to unsubbing as I ever have been for an active podcast.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Yeah, Scary on 61st or whatever is doing pretty well on the festival circuit. The latest episode she talked about receiving an award from some German film foundation based on her premiere last year.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Good for her! I suspect it will make for a fun segment on the next pod.

I didn't realize it was so soon. I thought it was gonna be later in the summer.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Heater of an episode. Just some of the dumbest takes throughout . I love these stupid gals.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

The abortion stuff was next level. It's funny how Dasha seems way more chill and level than Anna in the last couple months. Post-partum Anna has provided some intense, weird takes.

I also appreciate teh "i don't not trust vaccines, i don't trust THIS vaccine" lol

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

sponges posted:

Are these two right wing or something? I listened to some random episode and they said all adult male leftists are pedos…?

Anna is more reactionary but they’re both p left. They do make statements ironically and sarcastically.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

More like incoherent politics.

Agree with this as well

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

Three weeks since the most recent episode... not sure whether to be concerned or not

Follow-up: they released an episode and while I haven’t listened yet, it sounds like they both got COVID but Anna’s unvaxxed rear end got absolutely walloped by it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Dasha took Ivermectin lol

EDIT: some real galaxy brained takes in this one.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 13, 2022

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

One of the Dasha’s was on-stage at an award show tonight!

https://twitter.com/nobody_stop_me/status/1498163235521916933?s=20&t=ADkBAAN4zx0Ptsv3Uhc7Gg

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1516808142537043969?s=20&t=vBT1-Geuw6962sYeMgFgtA

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I used to enjoy it when the ladies would talk about stupid Twitter drama and whatnot. But the like pro-Alex Jones and Mencius Moldbug type poo poo is stupid and boring. I’m pretty close to unsubbing because like… there’s no positive entertainment value.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Oh haha, to be clear, I don’t sub to the patreon. Just the free episodes.

But then putting out the full interview for free after this week, idk. I just think he’s such a piece of poo poo and they’re not doing an irony w him. gently caress that dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

John Romero posted:

as my wife said "i liked it when they talked about fashion and how weird it is to be the kid of eastern european immigrants, now it's just about how good eating disorders are and how htey need to be able to say retard"

Exactly. I don’t give a gently caress about what’s lindy or not because of some loving idiot. Just talk about the momlife comics or something!