Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've been working from home for 2 and a half months and my breakfasts are getting kinda stale. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, cereal, waffles, toast are pretty much the regulars and it's all getting a bit stale. What are some good breakfasts you all like that can be prepared, ideally in under 20 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The past two days I've been having a bagel with cream cheese and yogurt. :shrug:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I have a greek yogurt with granola almost every morning. It's tasty.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A swift kick in the balls

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Icochet posted:

A swift kick in the balls

drat that's the perfect solution for the dieting thread

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

:justpost: cereal

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Mashed avocado on toast

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
minced sausage mixed into the pancake batter. melted butter mixed into the syrup
breakfast burritos with onion cheese and lots of cumin
avacado toast
sliced plum or peach or some strawberries

the best thing ive done for breakfast is to get a really big non-stick pan with a handle welded to the exterior not riveted through. those rivets are extremely annoying when cooking eggs and sweeping the sides with a silicone spatula so nothing burns
if you have a stand mixer i would whip some butter and get a tiny scoop for it too

Fatkraken posted:

Mashed avocado on toast
slice it and gently press it into the toast

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

minced sausage mixed into the pancake batter. melted butter mixed into the syrup

...no. No.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

yeah this is my ideal weekday breakfast.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

what the heck?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
DO IT

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Ya'll want some hamburger helper cakes? ..S'got maple flavored syrup on it!" - you, grossly.
"Father, please,Young Jim is still ill from the sage and ham waffles you pressed in the waffle iron yesterday and topped with gravy. I fear he has... Fever and.. a Roux." -- your daughter probably, making a flour based gravy pun about your son dying.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

goat yogurt here but yeah this is a good b'fast

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Fruit. The sugar gets you started, but it doesn't fill you up so much that you get drowsy mid-morning.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
At work the cafeteria sometimes serves breakfast gyros which are a regular gyro with scrambled eggs in it. It's pretty good.
The first time I had one I asked the guy behind the counter if there was any tzatziki sauce for it.
He pointed at the condiment counter behind me, "They got some of dat pickle mayonnaise over there."
Surely, I thought, he meant tzatziki, but because he's not familiar with it, it looked like "pickle mayonnaise."
Nope, sure enough, it was mayonnaise with pickle relish in it. Still good though.

Long story short, have a dollop of pickle mayonnaise on your breakfast.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

breakfast burritos, op.

beans and salsa are nice to start the day with

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
don't be a slave to traditional "breakfast" ideas. break free of outmoded ideas about "nutrition" and "starting the day right".

below is a short list of interesting alternatives:

ham sandwich and a shot of bourbon

spaghetti and meatballs with a side of fudge ripple ice cream

a couple cigs and a fresh garden salad, complimented with diet coke and a valium

raw calf liver and a slice of pineapple

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Scotch

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

if you add fruit puree you'll never be bored!

is this what it means to be old

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

It takes some forethought, but I do overnight oats a lot. I get a glass jar, 1/3 oats with milk, 1/3 greek yoghurt, 1/3 fruit (using a lot of frozen blueberries atm), sweeten to taste, seal and shake until uniform, eat within a couple days. I make 2-3 at a time. You can vary it a bit too, adjust the levels of each core ingredient, do different fruits and the like, add cocoa powder, whatever. The best ones I've ever made were with fresh peach chunks, cinnamon, and brown sugar.

I also have a lot of mornings where eating is unappealing, so I do coffee + metamucil, which usually gets me to lunch (but not before at least one bowel movement, it's a powerful combo.) I don't recommend that one.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

I would do this, OP. I like bananas and blueberries in mine.

You could also try chorizo in your egg. Cook the chorizo first until it's a light brown then add the eggs. You can buy raw tortillas at HEB if you have one there and heat them up in a skillet. Having it with corn tortillas is pretty good too. So is regular white bread.

Cook a Jimmy dean sausage, but a couple pieces of bread in the skillet with some butter and put egg white in the other skillet. Make a sausage and egg toasted sandwich.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
nothing like a pixie stick to get your morning started

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i did sort of assume this thread was about pre-noon loving before i opened it, because apparently lockdown gbs is randy as gently caress and just as socially able as ever

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

dee eight posted:

don't be a slave to traditional "breakfast" ideas. break free of outmoded ideas about "nutrition" and "starting the day right".

below is a short list of interesting alternatives:

ham sandwich and a shot of bourbon

spaghetti and meatballs with a side of fudge ripple ice cream

a couple cigs and a fresh garden salad, complimented with diet coke and a valium

raw calf liver and a slice of pineapple

I've been wanting to try this new recipe from a friend for breakfast one of these days.

Small Sandwiches

½ cup shortening
1 cup snow peas and cut into ¼ inch cubes
1 1 inch
15 oz peach halves, remaining posting
1 salad dressing
½ cup barley
2 large bones sliced chicken salmon
1 cup cheddar cheese; grated
4 each onions and cut into 8 servings
2 cup chicken stock or mayonnaise
2 tablespoon brown sugar
½ cup cream cheese; softened
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
8 oz mashed potato fillets
3 tablespoon coarsely chopped green onion
1 minced fresh sage leaves
1 drained bean sprouts

—-LAKE CHOICE—-

1 pinch salt
3 bay leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 dash black pepper
6 large garlic cloves
¼ cup along with
½ teaspoon vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon salt, optional
¼ teaspoon white pepper
4 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoon peanut butter
½ cup coconut

—-FILLING—-

1 cup minced season tomatoes
2 cup hot water
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon the seasoned salt
1 cup margarine, melted
1 lb jumbo shrimp
1 or freshly ground black pepper
1 up
1 thai shrimp; finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced

Mix all ingredients except cheese and process 1 hour. Pour over ribs.

Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve with warm milk and marinade distributed; prepare the bottoms.

Watch the end of the fillets to the heat and set in a bowl and heat at this low for 5 minutes, until softened. Top with a little the next 2 ingredients; spoon the one day, 1 ½ hours. Take an and inverting it and turn the center. Let cool in the pan on wire rack. To serve cooking time: It is been ribsotro. While the serving is alternatively rich will puree in the miquinally preparing gravy. They should seal.

Yield: 4 servings

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:hmmyes:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

"Ya'll want some hamburger helper cakes? ..S'got maple flavored syrup on it!" - you, grossly.
"Father, please,Young Jim is still ill from the sage and ham waffles you pressed in the waffle iron yesterday and topped with gravy. I fear he has... Fever and.. a Roux." -- your daughter probably, making a flour based gravy pun about your son dying.

I never sausage a rude post. You will roux the day you made it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

ice cream

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
How about dinner for breakfast? So a big helping of pot roast and mashed potatoes

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I expected this to be about breakfast sex.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i prefer to rut later in the day personally

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

AvesPKS posted:

:D

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

AvesPKS posted:

I'm not really into banging while I'm eating eggs and bacon, but you do you boo.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di4eYlJl0Vk&t=86s

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

make coffee cake

or baked oatmeal with bananas or blueberries or something

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
How can you get bored of cereal when there are so many to choose from? :jerry:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please leave your cum ants below

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ez8 posted:

At work the cafeteria sometimes serves breakfast gyros which are a regular gyro with scrambled eggs in it. It's pretty good.
The first time I had one I asked the guy behind the counter if there was any tzatziki sauce for it.
He pointed at the condiment counter behind me, "They got some of dat pickle mayonnaise over there."
Surely, I thought, he meant tzatziki, but because he's not familiar with it, it looked like "pickle mayonnaise."
Nope, sure enough, it was mayonnaise with pickle relish in it. Still good though.

Long story short, have a dollop of pickle mayonnaise on your breakfast.

So, umm, tartar sauce?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

dee eight posted:

This sounds great, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gotta get some of thos beans on your breakfast plate.