Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

OP, i finally opened a nice jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil that ive had

i bet one of these could really up your breakfast game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hey OP how about a nice hot Knuckle Sandwich washed down with a Super Swirlie. HOW BOUT THAT??? :D

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a single piece of string cheese and a MONSTER ENERGY ZERO ULTRA.

if I'm out of the above I lay in bed thinking about making eggs and coffee until it's late enough to eat lunch

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A fistful of cheese and dates

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My favorite breakfast is a cup of coffee

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'm really impressed nobody posted rear end

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'm really impressed nobody posted rear end

in nunununu GBS, we've reached an accord to let the mods do some of the shitposting

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Statutory Ape posted:

in nunununu GBS, we've reached an accord to let the mods do some of the shitposting

I appreciate this leniency

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

I appreciate this leniency

nobody wants to deny yall the chance to probe yourselves, we have at least 3 threads that deal w this directly or indirectly

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
wake up, say something mean to the first person i see, put coffee on, piss, drink coffee and smoke a cigarette, take a horrendous poo poo

I'm ready and rarin to go after that

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Why do we love sardines so much.. in GBS?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Scrambled eggs with bacon, jalapeno cooked in. Serve on a browned flour tortilla, topped with fresh Pico and cotija cheese.

Left over mashed potatoes formed into a patty, pan fried in butter. Serve with whatever and however you like.

BLT with an over easy eggs and Sriracha mayo.

Grits with butter and salt and pepper.

A tall Coors Banquet

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Do what I've done recently and master the art of the poached egg and buffet style omelette. I got a small nonstick I use only for omelettes and it owns.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Chinatown posted:

Do what I've done recently and master the art of the poached egg and buffet style omelette. I got a small nonstick I use only for omelettes and it owns.

i do something similar, except i grab some stuff out of the fridge and throw in the microwave for a while

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

interwhat posted:

Scrambled eggs with bacon, jalapeno cooked in. Serve on a browned flour tortilla, topped with fresh Pico and cotija cheese.

A tall Coors Banquet

Got drat I’m having this tomorrow

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dee eight posted:

i do something similar, except i grab some stuff out of the fridge and throw in the microwave for a while

is it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rllK0NBtk-w

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

holy gently caress I love it

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

no that's way too involved

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

i love when fat people just own being fat

yea tuck in your tshirt from high school. microwave that bologna. get excited about it

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I feel like I'm gaining weight watching this video.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In power ranking order

Rou Gan Mian (you can buy packages of this stuff, it takes like 5 minutes to make and is absolutely insatiably good)
Congee with pulled pork and century eggs
Steamed Buns and chicken patty soup
Beef Noodle Soup

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

like every cooking person on vice, that guy is so annoying

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

is polenta good breakfast food?

i have a log of polenta and i've never cooked with it. I don't even really know what to do with it. pleasse help

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i love when fat people just own being fat

yea tuck in your tshirt from high school. microwave that bologna. get excited about it

boy do I have the cooking show for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8R7fPFdm-M

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
This thread would be a lot cooler if it was called "breakfast nut" and it was all about pounding off right when you wake up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know, I gotta say this absolutely delivers on the premise

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

is polenta good breakfast food?

i have a log of polenta and i've never cooked with it. I don't even really know what to do with it. pleasse help

You bet your tits it's good. You can make it really easy instead of buying it, but those logs make for a great round puck. Slice off a puck to your desired thickness. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium to medium to high heat, cook that sumbitch till it's golden and crispy. Just make sure the pan is real hot but not too hot, if not it will never sear. Salt and pepper on top. You could treat it as a base for a lot of things, but it's just dense corn bread basically.

I made some the other day and added a can of whole corn so that there were pieces of corn in it. Season it really well when you make it from scratch though, you can use stock as the cooling liquid if you want. As it's cooling, you can roll it up in some plastic wrap and chill it, or just cool it in a casserole dish and cut squares. Sear them bitches and get this: serve chilli over it.

interwhat fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 21, 2020

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Polenta? Wasn't that a barabara streisand movie?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Polenta is great with eggs and veggies, like peppers, spinach, and onions. Very meaty texture.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Polenta is that poo poo that comes out after a lady has a baby, idiots

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Goetta is an excellent breakfast food and goes perfect with sourdough bread and some eggs as a powerful breakfast sandwich.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Barudak posted:

You know, I gotta say this absolutely delivers on the premise

it is a very good show! just don't look up either cook they're both dead :(

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

yep you fuckin nailed it

and thanks for the polenta tips guys

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Polenta is that poo poo that comes out after a lady has a baby, idiots

good n messy eat it with a fork

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

vittu saatana

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Omelettes aren't complicated and sometimes you can put your leftovers in one.

I made one with BBQ chicken and wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be loving amazing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eggs are one of the three magic "make this dish delicious with no effort" ingredients along with butter and cheese so it follows that they can and should be a staple.

But like the goon above said - just get really good at omelettes or crepes and you are only limited by your filling adventurousness

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Eggs are one of the three magic "make this dish delicious with no effort" ingredients along with butter and cheese so it follows that they can and should be a staple.

But like the goon above said - just get really good at omelettes or crepes and you are only limited by your filling adventurousness

I've never heard of eggs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I've never heard of eggs

Oeufs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Bacon deserves to be on that podium, eggs get pushed to 4th.