Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I've never heard of eggs

In central pa you might hear "ecks"

As in dippy ecks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Bacon deserves to be on that podium, eggs get pushed to 4th.

actually bologna is the new bacon you square. only Karens eat bacon now.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

mit ponhaus

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

dee eight posted:

mit ponhaus

Hell yeah I see someone else who has enjoyed a saumagen in their lifetime

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I just turned a can of stewed tomatoes, a can of black beans, a fist full of rice, a bit of onion and a few seasonings into a really good pot of beans and rice. Freestyle, no recipe. I could totally just heat a bowl of that up tomorrow in the microwave and breakfast that, I could even get fancy and fry up an egg to put on top of it.

But I am probably a much, much better cook than you are, op.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Eggs are one of the three magic "make this dish delicious with no effort" ingredients along with butter and cheese so it follows that they can and should be a staple.

But like the goon above said - just get really good at omelettes or crepes and you are only limited by your filling adventurousness

Woah...could you imagine egga with butter and cheese?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hell yeah I see someone else who has enjoyed a saumagen in their lifetime

:tastykake: for dessert

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sunswipe posted:

Really? No one else has ever had toast and jam with a cooked breakfast and thought "I wonder how that bit of ketchup leftover would taste with the toast?" I'm finding this difficult to believe from the country that invented chocolate chip battered sausage on a stick.

I wake at 8am central USA time.

E someone report if i oversleep

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tater tots, nachos style

*tartar tots

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

realpost op eat some natto.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Voice of Labor posted:

I just turned a can of stewed tomatoes, a can of black beans, a fist full of rice, a bit of onion and a few seasonings into a really good pot of beans and rice. Freestyle, no recipe. I could totally just heat a bowl of that up tomorrow in the microwave and breakfast that, I could even get fancy and fry up an egg to put on top of it.

mmm sounds like chili to me

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I like reeses cereal

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
I literally eat candy for breakfast. It often makes me feel ill

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Inverted Icon posted:

I literally eat candy for breakfast. It often makes me feel ill

I'm sorry that's terribly unfair

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm sorry that's terribly unfair

My life is both a tragedy and a comedy

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Coat bacon in a mixture of

4 /6ths Brown sugar
1/2 /6ths Cracked Black pepper
1/2 /6ths. White pepper (if possible but if not replace with more black pepper)
1 /6th Sriracha seasoning (use chili flakes as an alternative)

and then oven bake for about 15 minutes on 180c/350f rotating the tray halfway through cooking.

This is the ultimate bacon.

I like to put this in a toasted English muffin with a fried egg and béarnaise sauce

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I need to give myself like 20 more minutes in the morning to do proper breakfast.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Go all out with the soughdough and make a soughdough starter pancake. Pretty good tbh.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

bradzilla posted:

I've been working from home for 2 and a half months and my breakfasts are getting kinda stale. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, cereal, waffles, toast are pretty much the regulars and it's all getting a bit stale. What are some good breakfasts you all like that can be prepared, ideally in under 20 minutes?

Get mushy. Oat bran, grits, oatmeal and muesli. Not all at the same time though. One a day

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Like most people, I grew up with the idea that oatmeal is a sweet dish; not so!

Try mixing iup plain oatmeal up with a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a dash or two of soy sauce.

Also consider cheese or nutritional yeast.

For sweet or savory, try some powdered peanut butter.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bradzilla posted:

I've been working from home for 2 and a half months and my breakfasts are getting kinda stale. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, cereal, waffles, toast are pretty much the regulars and it's all getting a bit stale. What are some good breakfasts you all like that can be prepared, ideally in under 20 minutes?

Do a full English breakfast but replace the pudding with something like meatballs, and the beans with some nice veg.

If you cut up everything the night before you can just pop it all in the pan in the morning, make some toast and your meal is ready in 10 minutes tops.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

oh word? I'd say I'm pretty good at home cooking.

Anyway I'm gonna try some of the stuff posted here! Breakfast is so loving good y'all. I had some oatmeal with bananas, blueberries and cinnamon today. Was alright. Could be better though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I always assumed it was a myth that people ate breakfast

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
today for breakfast i ate tapioca pudding op

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Okay, here's an earnest recipe (you're welcome)

1 onion, diced
At least equal volume of peppers (bell, sweet, poblano)
8 oz caseless beef chorizo (pref salivary glands)
1 can Ranch Style Beans

Over mediu heat, sautee onions until almost translucent. Add peppers. Sautee until onions are well transluced. Add chorizo, and cook until done. Add in beans. Mix and let combine under reduced heat until desired

Serve with your choice of toast, eggs scrambled in the pan (a different pan) and chocolate milk

That salivary gland chorizo is very ground, and will make everything Very Powerfully meaty and thick

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Inverted Icon posted:

salivary gland chorizo

Wow can't wait till breakfast

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
And I know you said ideally under 20 min, but I don't think baking deserves some consideration.

While muffins can take around 20 minutes to bake, you can throw the ingredients together in 5 minutes and cup in maybe 2.

Since stay-at-home started, I'm on my third batch of making these: https://ourtableforseven.com/2015/04/glazed-baked-yogurt-doughnuts.html

10 minutes to bake and similar time as muffins to make and "cup" in donut shaped baking tins. That said, I have skipped the glazing step because I'm too impatient for that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I just boil a nice big steaming pot of sawdust and pond water.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

numberoneposter posted:

I just boil a nice big steaming pot of sawdust and pond water.

wow u sound like a literal troll

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I like breakfast foods, but I'm so not ready to eat when I wake up. I usually wait 2-3 hours and then have either a piece of fruit, popcorn, or baby carrots. I save actual breakfast food for the weekends, when mostly I have biscuit open sandwiches with bacon, a soft-boiled egg, and spinach, but lately I've been on a breakfast taco kick. I'm just wild and crazy like that :shrug:

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Wow can't wait till breakfast

But this one's reeaalllllllll

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
sometimes i like to make a huge breakfast skillet w/ hash browns, sausage, egg, cheese when i dont feel like doing anything for the rest of the day. usually add some sausage gravy too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Statutory Ape posted:

wow u sound like a literal troll
i need something to wash down the roasted chicken bones and peat moss quiche :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

i need something to wash down the roasted chicken bones and peat moss quiche :shrug:

boot leather stew is making a comeback with teh new depression and everything

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you can hear little birds chip that means there birds nest and birds eggs around

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

got some stale bread? dont make croutons. find a park and turn that bread into confit de canard. :chef:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

just LOL if you dont suck out the marrow from last nights kill for a quick and portable breakfast

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

dsf posted:

sometimes i like to make a huge breakfast skillet w/ hash browns, sausage, egg, cheese when i dont feel like doing anything for the rest of the day. usually add some sausage gravy too.

this.

weekday breakfast: lean, mean - loaded fruit smoothie maybe with some chia seeds or some crazy supplement my girlfriend keeps on hand. or else a banana and black coffee.

weekend breakfast: at least 4-5 eggs, potatoes, sausage, cheese - just knock me on my rear end

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

dont throw out your used coffee grounds. keep them to add texture to your chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

my breakfast fish fillets were kinda rubbery today

maybe too much honey or the sour cream wasn't supposed to be blue, i dunno