Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Like most people, I grew up with the idea that oatmeal is a sweet dish; not so!

Try mixing iup plain oatmeal up with a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a dash or two of soy sauce.

Also consider cheese or nutritional yeast.

For sweet or savory, try some powdered peanut butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
And I know you said ideally under 20 min, but I don't think baking deserves some consideration.

While muffins can take around 20 minutes to bake, you can throw the ingredients together in 5 minutes and cup in maybe 2.

Since stay-at-home started, I'm on my third batch of making these: https://ourtableforseven.com/2015/04/glazed-baked-yogurt-doughnuts.html

10 minutes to bake and similar time as muffins to make and "cup" in donut shaped baking tins. That said, I have skipped the glazing step because I'm too impatient for that.