Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Scrambled eggs with bacon, jalapeno cooked in. Serve on a browned flour tortilla, topped with fresh Pico and cotija cheese.

Left over mashed potatoes formed into a patty, pan fried in butter. Serve with whatever and however you like.

BLT with an over easy eggs and Sriracha mayo.

Grits with butter and salt and pepper.

A tall Coors Banquet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

is polenta good breakfast food?

i have a log of polenta and i've never cooked with it. I don't even really know what to do with it. pleasse help

You bet your tits it's good. You can make it really easy instead of buying it, but those logs make for a great round puck. Slice off a puck to your desired thickness. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium to medium to high heat, cook that sumbitch till it's golden and crispy. Just make sure the pan is real hot but not too hot, if not it will never sear. Salt and pepper on top. You could treat it as a base for a lot of things, but it's just dense corn bread basically.

I made some the other day and added a can of whole corn so that there were pieces of corn in it. Season it really well when you make it from scratch though, you can use stock as the cooling liquid if you want. As it's cooling, you can roll it up in some plastic wrap and chill it, or just cool it in a casserole dish and cut squares. Sear them bitches and get this: serve chilli over it.

interwhat fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 21, 2020